Smokin Hot Bar BQ to open on Texas side

Posted in the Texarkana Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
texark66

Pittsburg, TX

#1 Oct 3, 2012
News reports indicate a new Bar BQ restaurant will open at the location of the old Smokey's Joe's location at 5205 W. Plaza Dr on the Texas side.

Since: Nov 10

Lewisburg, PA

#2 Oct 3, 2012
texark66 wrote:
News reports indicate a new Bar BQ restaurant will open at the location of the old Smokey's Joe's location at 5205 W. Plaza Dr on the Texas side.
Is this the one west of Lafferty's?
Chester Proudfoot

Longview, TX

#3 Oct 3, 2012
Tom Horn wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this the one west of Lafferty's?
Yes.

Great location & facility.

Hope the barbecue is equally good.
Canon

Texarkana, TX

#4 Oct 3, 2012
texark66 wrote:
That's great. It's nice that a building in such a great location will not be standing empty!

“Bad girl gone good”

Since: Nov 10

Texarkana, TX

#5 Oct 3, 2012
I always thought that would be a great place for Joe's Crab Shack. Sorry to hear it is yet another BBQ place. We have enough of those!
Little weene

United States

#6 Oct 3, 2012
Hope it's better than SMOKEY JOE'S ,but that won't take much.BIG JAKES for me.
omg

Texarkana, TX

#7 Oct 3, 2012
Little weene wrote:
randy's!!!
Porky

Texarkana, AR

#8 Oct 3, 2012
Oh, heck. It's another Bill Ed Davis enterprise. That guarantees there will be a revolving door in the kitchen. NO ONE can work for that guy. Heard he had a tax gain he needed to park somewhere, so he made a tax-free exchange for that property. He cares nothing about serving anyone or providing quality anything. He's simply trying to make any money he can off the property until he finds a buyer who'll pay his price.

Bon appetit!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#9 Oct 3, 2012
Little weene wrote:
If Naaman's from Ashdown comes down, Smokey Joes and Big Jakes will both be sucking hind tit.
Texarkana Tuner

United States

#10 Oct 3, 2012
Texan2455 wrote:
<quoted text>
If Naaman's from Ashdown comes down, Smokey Joes and Big Jakes will both be sucking hind tit.
May be worth the trip just to try that place out. The places we have in T-town seem like what I would call fast food bbq lol. Mediocre at best. You stand a better chance of driving around on the weekend and finding someone selling decent bbq on the side of the road than big flakes and smokey hoes.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#11 Oct 4, 2012
Texarkana Tuner wrote:
<quoted text>
May be worth the trip just to try that place out. The places we have in T-town seem like what I would call fast food bbq lol. Mediocre at best. You stand a better chance of driving around on the weekend and finding someone selling decent bbq on the side of the road than big flakes and smokey hoes.
Naaman's is a silver food truck on the west side of the railroad tracks directly across from Big Jakes in Ashdown. He is award winning and deathly serious about his BBQ. I think he's open Wednesday through Saturday from like 11 AM 'till he runs out. A bit pricy, but worth every cent! Ribs, brisket, his own sausage and save room for dessert. All homemade.
IAMBECKA

Texarkana, AR

#12 Oct 10, 2012
omg wrote:
<quoted text>randy's!!!
RANDY'S was the best, but it closed a while back =((
coob

Texarkana, TX

#13 Oct 10, 2012
IAMBECKA wrote:
<quoted text>
RANDY'S was the best, but it closed a while back =((
RANDY's is not closed. they now have a location open on the arkansas side in the hwy 82 east shopping center near cooper tire & rehkopfs.

git after it!
In the Know

Texarkana, AR

#14 Oct 10, 2012
Porky wrote:
Oh, heck. It's another Bill Ed Davis enterprise. That guarantees there will be a revolving door in the kitchen. NO ONE can work for that guy. Heard he had a tax gain he needed to park somewhere, so he made a tax-free exchange for that property. He cares nothing about serving anyone or providing quality anything. He's simply trying to make any money he can off the property until he finds a buyer who'll pay his price.
Bon appetit!
True dat.
just sayin

Texarkana, TX

#15 Oct 11, 2012
i hope smokin hot doesn't turn into a hang out for the jeff akin cult like smokey joe's
Wooley Boogah

Texarkana, AR

#16 Oct 12, 2012
It'll be a fitting venue for that bunch. Food will be crap, service will be crap, and discussions will be crap.
In the Know

Texarkana, AR

#17 Oct 12, 2012
True dat, too!
Chris J

Texarkana, TX

#18 Oct 16, 2012
The restaurant will go out of business because it is too far down. Most of that road is one way; and if the customer is coming from the one way end, too many restaurants come before them before the customer finally gets to the bar-b-q restaurant if he or she even makes it that far for them to stay in business. If you are grading buying decisions with 10 being the smartest and 1 being the dumbest, this gets a 1. The person that bought this building is as stupid as the man that put in Video Giant after all of the other video stores went out of business. Video Giant went out of business, and the person that bought this building will find out why the other bar-b-q restaurant could not make it there. Do you really think a lot of them will pass up Texas Roadhouse, On The Boarder, all of the other restaurants, the retail stores, and the movie theater and eat at this bar-b-q place?
Shucky

Euless, TX

#19 Oct 16, 2012
Chris J wrote:
The restaurant will go out of business because it is too far down. Most of that road is one way; and if the customer is coming from the one way end, too many restaurants come before them before the customer finally gets to the bar-b-q restaurant if he or she even makes it that far for them to stay in business. If you are grading buying decisions with 10 being the smartest and 1 being the dumbest, this gets a 1. The person that bought this building is as stupid as the man that put in Video Giant after all of the other video stores went out of business. Video Giant went out of business, and the person that bought this building will find out why the other bar-b-q restaurant could not make it there. Do you really think a lot of them will pass up Texas Roadhouse, On The Boarder, all of the other restaurants, the retail stores, and the movie theater and eat at this bar-b-q place?
If the bar-b-q is good, the store will succeed. If it isn't it won't. And it doesn't make any difference where it is located.
Chris J

Texarkana, TX

#20 Oct 16, 2012
Shucky wrote:
<quoted text>
If the bar-b-q is good, the store will succeed. If it isn't it won't. And it doesn't make any difference where it is located.
Bennigan's went out of business because of where it was located.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Texarkana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 4 hr 98 Degree Diarrhea 595
will Topiramate make you high... my son takes this (Aug '08) 6 hr Boobs 43
Patrick Dickey and Billy Drumm (Jan '07) Tue chevy 15
Skye Hargrove Tue J Si Si 15
Review: Silver Needle Alterations Mon Charlie Ransom 13
Sheriff Prince: Why No Arrest In Double Homici... (Oct '13) Dec 15 Woman101 1,334
Chubby Cheeks Employees Will Not Be Charged Dec 15 ermahgerd 3
Texarkana Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Texarkana People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Texarkana News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Texarkana

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:00 am PST