Hateful people in Texarkana
get out of my face

Texarkana, TX

#61 Feb 6, 2013
the previous post was an off topic rant if ever there was one
Canon

Texarkana, TX

#62 Feb 6, 2013
September Gurl wrote:
<quoted text>
Texarkana has sucked for a long time. Even back in the early 80's, no matter where I parked my car, vandals would try their best to destroy it. At least 5 times, my car had its windows broken out or hubcaps stolen and that is just one example. I could list many reasons why Texarkana sucks. There is so much evil here that it's scary. I truly don't feel safe, even in my own home. There are a lot of good, wonderful people who live in this town but sometimes I feel the bad people are winning.
Where in world did you park your car?
tldr

United States

#63 Feb 6, 2013
Good to know I'm not the only crazy runnin around here. Nice segue from the tobacco company to the film industry (Nott!)!
Facts in your face wrote:
Tobacco companies have destroyed many healthful bodies with their products, just so, the movie industry is causing perhaps more harm than can be totaled with its glamorization of sex and violence. Surely you can see the need for action to save our children from this ungodly mess of violence in media??
TV--hollywood are creating "a violent lost generation" with little regard for the sanctity of life.
America is in the grips of an epidemic of violence so severe that murder has, other than auto crashes, become the leading cause of death of all people ages 15 to 24 years old.
Even among adults, television violence develops a sense of insecurity - what's called the "mean-world syndrome" - in each of us. It creates a feeling of being vulnerable and of needing protection.
(it seems the second amendment can be restricted with much ado, but too many will fiercely defend the 1st amendment.)
THIS HOWEVER DOES NOT ADVOCATE CENSORSHIP. Banning violence in drama would eliminate most of Shakespeare. But it's important how violence is portrayed. When used, violence must never be glorified, never trivialized, NEVER FREE OF CONSEQUENCES.
Some so-called experts call the violence we see on TV "Happy Violence". BUT
young people aren't seeing how violence really hurts, and until they do, we can't be surprised by the psychotic numbness of young criminals. Every criminal and psychological expert agrees that Americans are becoming more insecure and more violent, because of the violent images in the media.
Just because you turn the violence off for your child does not mean that he or she sill not be harmed by someone else who has been influenced by TV.
Even before completing elementary school, children see 8,000 murders and over 100,000 acts of people killing or maiming one another.
On Saturday morning - when young children are most likely to watch - kids see between 20 and 25 violent acts each and every hour.
This year, four of every five American teenagers who die will die a violent death.
The National Institute of Mental Health has over 3,000 individual studies which prove violence on television increases aggressive behavior in children.
The American Medical Association, the National Institute of Mental Health, the U.S. Center for Disease Control and the American Psychological Association all agree that TV violence makes more children become criminally violent.
The FBI reports that the largest number of new criminals fall in the 15-19 age bracket - the same kids who have been soaking up violence on television since they first turned on the set.
America is in the grips of an epidemic of violence so severe that murder has, other than auto crashes, become the leading cause of death of all people ages 15 to 24 years old.
By the time they reach age 16, children will have witnessed 33,000 televised murders and over 200,000 acts of violence.
Psychotic movies are engineered and manufactured by sick people in Hollywood, and they should be held responsible for the psychotic forces they unleash.
we are seeing prophecy being fulfilled….. in the last days, evil men will wax worse and worse.... it is written.
September Gurl

Morgan, TX

#64 Feb 6, 2013
Canon wrote:
<quoted text>Where in world did you park your car?
Usually it was in a parking lot either at the apartments where I lived or where my friend lived. It was a very expensive car. If people in Texarkana can't afford a car like your's, they are going to damned if you get to enjoy it. My insurance agent finally told me I had to get rid of the car or they would have to drop me but I didn't blame him. I wound up selling it for a fourth of what I paid for it. Word to the wise, don't try to have anything nice in Texarkana. The many thieves, vandals, and drug addicts who live here are going to make sure you won't be able to enjoy it.
September Gurl

Morgan, TX

#65 Feb 6, 2013
Chief Walksalot wrote:
<quoted text>Other than the mental defectives, I was thinking more of the shallow people here >> those that don't like you if your religion, language, or skin color is other than theirs. They hate anything French; they think that if Spanish is your first language, you are an illegal; they condemn you if you have no interest in the Dallas Cowboys or the UT Longhorns; they think you're weird if you go to art galleries and operas but not to wrestling or stock car races; they want to run anyone out of town that isn't like them. They love g w bush and think he's the greatest president this country ever had! What else can I say?(<< sits back and waits for the social retards to counterattack).
Well, that's what we get for living in a redneck town. If you don't like what they like then you must be a communist or gay therefore you must be shunned or made fun of and treated like a leper. I was born and raised here but I sure as hell don't want to die here. At the very most, I might have 20 years left. I'm retired. My spouse retires in two years. We're talking about relocating and living out our remaining years somewhere besides this piece of crap town.
Nunya

Texarkana, TX

#66 Feb 8, 2013
September Gurl wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that's what we get for living in a redneck town. If you don't like what they like then you must be a communist or gay therefore you must be shunned or made fun of and treated like a leper. I was born and raised here but I sure as hell don't want to die here. At the very most, I might have 20 years left. I'm retired. My spouse retires in two years. We're talking about relocating and living out our remaining years somewhere besides this piece of crap town.
I know 2 other couples that are leaving once their retirement is due in 3-4 years.

This town is scary and evil. If you're foreign, into the arts or even thinking independently, you are socially shunned from TXK. It's a weird, weird place with very shallow minded negative people. They take offense to everything you say. Mostly bc they're insecure. They create reasons to see a problem w you if you don't kiss their asses. Small town big fish small pond mentality.
Canon

Texarkana, TX

#67 Feb 8, 2013
Nunya wrote:
<quoted text>
I know 2 other couples that are leaving once their retirement is due in 3-4 years.
This town is scary and evil. If you're foreign, into the arts or even thinking independently, you are socially shunned from TXK. It's a weird, weird place with very shallow minded negative people. They take offense to everything you say. Mostly bc they're insecure. They create reasons to see a problem w you if you don't kiss their asses. Small town big fish small pond mentality.
I've lived in T-town for a long time, am from a small town in AR. I used to want to explore other areas of the country and leave as soon as I could, but life goes on, family members get ill and priorities change. I suppose each person finds themselves most comfortable with those they are most like. Personally, I've like meeting folks that are different and love learing about other mindsets, but I find that those that are different from me usually don't want to give me a chance either. So I have seen the same situation go in both directions.

Since: Nov 10

Texarkana, AR

#68 Feb 8, 2013
September Gurl wrote:
<quoted text>
Usually it was in a parking lot either at the apartments where I lived or where my friend lived. It was a very expensive car. If people in Texarkana can't afford a car like your's, they are going to damned if you get to enjoy it. My insurance agent finally told me I had to get rid of the car or they would have to drop me but I didn't blame him. I wound up selling it for a fourth of what I paid for it. Word to the wise, don't try to have anything nice in Texarkana. The many thieves, vandals, and drug addicts who live here are going to make sure you won't be able to enjoy it.
That is why God invented Samuel Colt and John Moses Browning.

Since: Jul 10

Texarkana, AR

#69 Feb 8, 2013
If I had a very expensive car, I certainly wouldn't park it in an apartment complex.

Heck I don't park my cheap cars in an apartment complex parking lot.
Nunya

Texarkana, TX

#70 Feb 8, 2013
farronwolf wrote:
If I had a very expensive car, I certainly wouldn't park it in an apartment complex.
Heck I don't park my cheap cars in an apartment complex parking lot.
What most country Texarkana people don't understand is that we city folk like apartments. No taxes, no maintenance costs, and easier to get out of such a place filled with disgruntled people that won't let you enjoy their nice things.

I also know a girl that gets ridiculed on the Internet by many people from Fouke and that Fleetwood Mac wannabe cover band. A 55 year old man in that band pressed charges on a Canadian girl saying she stalks him and the idiots downtown believed it! Wow! Who would want to live in a town like THAT?
Nunya

Texarkana, TX

#71 Feb 8, 2013
Tom Horn wrote:
<quoted text>
That is why God invented Samuel Colt and John Moses Browning.
No, that's why God invented U-Haul.
in addition to that

Lewisburg, PA

#72 Feb 8, 2013
Nunya wrote:
<quoted text>
What most country Texarkana people don't understand is that we city folk like apartments. No taxes, no maintenance costs, and easier to get out of such a place filled with disgruntled people that won't let you enjoy their nice things.
I also know a girl that gets ridiculed on the Internet by many people from Fouke and that Fleetwood Mac wannabe cover band. A 55 year old man in that band pressed charges on a Canadian girl saying she stalks him and the idiots downtown believed it! Wow! Who would want to live in a town like THAT?
its not just mortgage cost.
its the hidden land tax cost as well.
when you put them together, home ownership is not much different from rent.
its somewhat counterproductive to upgrade as that leads to higher land tax. its like you are punished for trying to better your living condition. thats more of a universal observation, not located to just this area.

Since: Jul 10

Texarkana, AR

#73 Feb 8, 2013
Nunya wrote:
<quoted text>
What most country Texarkana people don't understand is that we city folk like apartments. No taxes, no maintenance costs, and easier to get out of such a place filled with disgruntled people that won't let you enjoy their nice things.
I also know a girl that gets ridiculed on the Internet by many people from Fouke and that Fleetwood Mac wannabe cover band. A 55 year old man in that band pressed charges on a Canadian girl saying she stalks him and the idiots downtown believed it! Wow! Who would want to live in a town like THAT?
If you don't think that taxes, insurance, maintenance, ect. are built into to cost of rent you are mistaken.

Do you think the landlord simply eats those costs?

Since: Jul 10

Texarkana, AR

#74 Feb 8, 2013
in addition to that wrote:
<quoted text>
its not just mortgage cost.
its the hidden land tax cost as well.
when you put them together, home ownership is not much different from rent.
its somewhat counterproductive to upgrade as that leads to higher land tax. its like you are punished for trying to better your living condition. thats more of a universal observation, not located to just this area.
Improvements on a property generally lead to higher resale cost and profit. Which currently, if you don't have more than 250/500k profit on a home sale, there is no income or capital gain tax.

I am certain that it is much cheaper, dollar for dollar per square foot to own than it is to rent.
excuse you

Lewisburg, PA

#75 Feb 8, 2013
thank you o mighty know it all
September Gurl

United States

#76 Feb 8, 2013
Tom Horn wrote:
<quoted text>That is why God invented Samuel Colt and John Moses Browning.
Yeah, I guess all guns aren't bad.
September Gurl

United States

#77 Feb 8, 2013
farronwolf wrote:
If I had a very expensive car, I certainly wouldn't park it in an apartment complex.

Heck I don't park my cheap cars in an apartment complex parking lot.
Well, I didn't have a choice because I lived there.

Since: Jul 10

Texarkana, AR

#78 Feb 8, 2013
excuse you wrote:
thank you o mighty know it all
You're welcome. I certainly wouldn't want people to get the idea that renting is a good long term investment.

Since: Jul 10

Texarkana, AR

#79 Feb 8, 2013
September Gurl wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I didn't have a choice because I lived there.
That is quite confusing. Who choose to live there?
September Gurl

United States

#80 Feb 8, 2013
farronwolf wrote:
<quoted text>That is quite confusing. Who choose to live there?
I chose to live in an apartment complex because I couldn't afford a house. I guess I was naive. I thought I could live there without thieves vandalizing my car. I know, stupid me. I was young and didn't know that Texarkana was so crime-ridden. I had always lived out in the country where I had never had a problem.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Texarkana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 13 hr Roughed farts 772
Dillon Hefley 17 hr NEED TO KNOW 1
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Sun Education farts 947
What new restaurants does Texarkana need ? (Jul '13) Sun bmuldrow 115
Salesman shot at Pete Mankind Nissan Sun ttanftx 15
Ip hire felons? Sun ttanftx 3
richard greg turner wife beater (Aug '13) Sat ShySweetOne 37
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Texarkana Mortgages