Loud Motorcycles
First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Fed-up

Biloxi, MS

#1 Mar 4, 2011
I am so fed up with loud motorcycles. I f my truck was that loud i would get a ticket so should they. I dont know if they think people are so impressed with there loud bike but i beg to differ. It is sooo annoying. There need to be an ordnance against them. any responses???

“Bad girl gone good”

Since: Nov 10

Texarkana, TX

#2 Mar 4, 2011
I kind of like the way they sound myself. Unless I am trying to sleep.

I think there is an ordinance. I know my teenager got a ticket for having his music too loud once. Not sure if it was on the Texas or Arkansas side though.
Jeff

De Kalb, TX

#3 Mar 4, 2011
If there is an ordinance they need to do a better job of enforcing it. I'm tired of these inconsiderate jerks and their loud bikes! BTW, I wish they would take a riding course because most of them don't know how to use a motorcycle!

Since: Jul 10

Maud, TX

#4 Mar 4, 2011
Some will make the argument that the loud pipes allow other motorist to hear them, therefore making it safer for the bike riders.

I don't necessarily buy that argument, but if they were ticketed every time they passed a LEO, I am certain the number of loud pipe bikes would deminish greatly.
Wounded

AOL

#5 Mar 5, 2011
Jeff wrote:
If there is an ordinance they need to do a better job of enforcing it. I'm tired of these inconsiderate jerks and their loud bikes! BTW, I wish they would take a riding course because most of them don't know how to use a motorcycle!
"If there is an ordinance" "better job of enforcing it."
They don't have time to enforce a ordinace. They are all on the net telling lies or in the Bowie county court rooms telling lies.
They haven't the time to be real law officers.
Or sitting on the road near my home because they only have but one eye to give for Wounded. ;')
If they enforced ordinance's we would be locking up our law officers. "inconsiderate jerks and their loud bikes!" I think much more of them than a man Bowie county has as a law officer who will molest you with his nasty eye.;')
Isn't that right smoking choking Lonnie! You broke the law and the law protected you.

"most of them don't know how to use a motorcycle!"
You can't plow with it!
How do you use a motor cycle? I always thought a person just rode one.

These are the facts mam!!!!

Since: Nov 07

AOL

#6 Mar 5, 2011
I used a motorcycle to get back and forth to work. Now I use a truck. Don`t be so picky, wounded. Good morning Wounded. GW
Wounded

AOL

#7 Mar 5, 2011
Government Watch wrote:
I used a motorcycle to get back and forth to work. Now I use a truck. Don`t be so picky, wounded. Good morning Wounded. GW
I'm not being picky. ;') I just wanted to pull a few teeth this morning.
Isn't that what they like to do with me?
You know how that goes. ;')
I knew what the poster meant. Then you know what I meant also.
Think! From our lying editor to a lying judge. Lonnie Johnson perjured him self.
Just as with Taz. If I could file a open records to prove my side of Johnson he would be looking at Jail time.
If we had a DA that wasn't corrupt.
You and I know about open records. Dang! I did file open records and he said he couldn't recall.

I've seen a many a style bike across the country.
Talked to them on the radio as we went down the interstate to know which I would prefer.
Once I was in AZ. when a bike went by. It was pulling two small enclosed trailers.

Later on a cop had him on the side of the road. Shortly the bike came by again. I spoke with him telling him I didn't think he was speeding.
Point being I was runing 55 speed limit was 70.
The biker told me no he got a ticket for pulling double's. I thought dang! It wasn't wiggling or a nonsense on the road. There had been big trucks all over with doubles.

He told me only large trucks can pull doubles. Either way he had a fine rig!
Either way he got a ticket for a ticket able offence.
Something Johnson's job was to do. He didn't mention one thing about being molested by a eye ball.

I have been on the road across this country and had few moving violations.
I never had any problems with police officers doing their proper jobs until Dale Gentry cAss county and Lonnie Johnson.

Then my self the bikes don't bother me as bad as those little bitty cars with the loud tuned exhaust. JMO!
Wounded

AOL

#8 Mar 5, 2011
By the way!
Good morning to you also.
It sure did rain last night. Suppose the tomato's will be needing them.
Just the facts!
Bowie County Wolverine

Clyde, TX

#9 Mar 5, 2011
Motorcycles should abide by the same regulations on loud pipes as other vehcles are required to. IMO

What do you say Lawmen?
Wounded

AOL

#10 Mar 5, 2011
Bowie County Wolverine wrote:
Motorcycles should abide by the same regulations on loud pipes as other vehcles are required to. IMO
What do you say Lawmen?
I wouldn't stoup as low to be a lawman.
Yet I agree with the above post.
That goes for their riders also.

I know many who don't even have a proper DL license to ride a bike.
No inspections on them.
Just tags and insurance.
Why would a insurance company insure a rider without a proper license?

"same regulations"
I agree.
Follow the law.
I only wish we had Lawmen who also followed our laws.
Isn't that right Chuck and Lonnie?
Those without integrity!
Just the facts mam!

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#11 Mar 6, 2011
Fed-up wrote:
I am so fed up with loud motorcycles. I f my truck was that loud i would get a ticket so should they. I dont know if they think people are so impressed with there loud bike but i beg to differ. It is sooo annoying. There need to be an ordnance against them. any responses???
I ride a bike and it may be louder than you want. I couldn't care less if you, or anyone else is impressed. I don't have any need of your approval. I do understand noise, from any source, being an irritant sometimes. Had you and some of these other posters kept it on those lines I might have considered your point. As usual, y'all immediately shifted to insulting and attacking bikers. Now I hope wake you up in the middle of the night every day. Try being civil sometime. They do give us tickets for loud pipes. Lots more often than those stereos with the loud bass that frequently rattle windows, literally.
she wounded

AOL

#12 Mar 7, 2011
I'll feel for your ears when you feel for mine. If you think motorcycles are loud, try these phuckingdamn trains. The noise made by a motorcycle, even a group of motorcycles, is usually brief and goes away. The trains are, more often than not, long and loud in many different ways. I understand, some of the noise generated is out of the control of the operators of the trains, but some aren't. They, and they know who they are, should stick their horns up their ass and blow like they've never blown before. Better yet, let me. I'm sure there are ordinances regulating the noise, but getting one of our finest to enforce it would be a tougher feat than passing an act of Congress.

Ask any one of the men and/or women who frequent the clubhouse out our way, which they'd rather hear, their bikes or the trains that they have to deal with? I'd love to hear the response you get. ;-)
Wounded

AOL

#13 Mar 7, 2011
96inch wrote:
<quoted text>
I ride a bike and it may be louder than you want. I couldn't care less if you, or anyone else is impressed. I don't have any need of your approval. I do understand noise, from any source, being an irritant sometimes. Had you and some of these other posters kept it on those lines I might have considered your point. As usual, y'all immediately shifted to insulting and attacking bikers. Now I hope wake you up in the middle of the night every day. Try being civil sometime. They do give us tickets for loud pipes. Lots more often than those stereos with the loud bass that frequently rattle windows, literally.
I agree with the above post. Bikes and bikers haven't caused any problems.
There are noise levels of which the trains should abide by. They don't!
They don't abide by given times they are allotted to sit on the tracks. But they don't.
They don't even abide by the given dates they give the citizen to close a crossing.
Yet we've always got a one eye' d Bowie county Bastard sitting down the road with nothing to do.
Nothing to do but sit. Yet Bowie county couldn't notify the citizen of the closing.
BS.
Yes the horns are soooooo loud. They will blow them while they sit.
If the engineer of the train blows his horn while sitting. What is Officer Johnson blowing when he is sitting down the road?
Or should I just say WHO?
HAMMER

Boise, ID

#14 Mar 7, 2011
she wounded wrote:
I'll feel for your ears when you feel for mine. If you think motorcycles are loud, try these phuckingdamn trains. The noise made by a motorcycle, even a group of motorcycles, is usually brief and goes away. The trains are, more often than not, long and loud in many different ways. I understand, some of the noise generated is out of the control of the operators of the trains, but some aren't. They, and they know who they are, should stick their horns up their ass and blow like they've never blown before. Better yet, let me. I'm sure there are ordinances regulating the noise, but getting one of our finest to enforce it would be a tougher feat than passing an act of Congress.
Ask any one of the men and/or women who frequent the clubhouse out our way, which they'd rather hear, their bikes or the trains that they have to deal with? I'd love to hear the response you get. ;-)
Did they put the tracks there after you set up housekeeping or were they there when you moved there? You can always relocate your mobile home. The booming base of stereos at a redlight is more offensive to me than motorcycles. If these kids knew what they are doing to their hearing, they would turn them down.
she wounded

AOL

#15 Mar 7, 2011
HAMMER wrote:
<quoted text>
Did they put the tracks there after you set up housekeeping or were they there when you moved there? You can always relocate your mobile home.
I expected this response, from someone of you ilk.
HAMMER wrote:
<quoted text> The booming base of stereos at a redlight is more offensive to me than motorcycles. If these kids knew what they are doing to their hearing, they would turn them down.
I could care less about what "is more offensive" to you. It's so you, to have the suckass view of the train noise/my being able to relocate my mobile home, yet you care so deeply for the "kids" and "their hearing"...RIGHTTTTTTTTTT TT. Shows just the ilk I mentioned above. Here's hoping you're stuck behind, in front of, to the left and to the right of a boom box on wheels at your every stop.

I told you once before, and I stand by my thoughts, you should be hit in the head with a HAMMER.

Since: Jul 10

Texarkana, TX

#16 Mar 7, 2011
Seems the kids choose to turn their stereos up, and people also choose to live by train tracks that have been there for nearly a century.

Folks need to stop griping about the bad choices they make for themselves.

Now if those choices affect other people then the other people certainly have a reason to gripe.
Wounded

AOL

#17 Mar 7, 2011
farronwolf wrote:
Seems the kids choose to turn their stereos up, and people also choose to live by train tracks that have been there for nearly a century.
Folks need to stop griping about the bad choices they make for themselves.
Now if those choices affect other people then the other people certainly have a reason to gripe.
People as you offend me!
Seems there are many on topix who certainly have a reason to gripe.
Including the above poster.
Yet that doesn't make it wrong for us to ask not to be abused by the RR or the county of Bowie. Hell the county of cAss for that matter.
Up your's. With a loud pipe. Hell use a OneEyedJohnson. Or a train. ;')
Just the facts mam.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#18 Mar 7, 2011
Some things to consider when buying property to build or move a home in a neighborhood: 1) The types and age of other homes 2) The proximity to trains, factories, highways etc... 3) The class of the people who already live there. I'm sure there are others but those are some that were important to me when I bought.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#19 Mar 7, 2011
oops wrong thread ha!

While I'm here... If you used woundy's theory; All bikers are violent, drug dealing/ using, scum, who have no respect for anyone.

While we all know that is not true, woundy likes to put people of an organization into a generalized category. Most people who ride bikes are honest, hard working folks who like motorcycles. However there are those 1% of that total group of motorcycle enthusiasts who fit into the above category.
she wounded

AOL

#20 Mar 8, 2011
farronwolf wrote:
Seems the kids choose to turn their stereos up, and people also choose to live by train tracks that have been there for nearly a century.
Folks need to stop griping about the bad choices they make for themselves.
Now if those choices affect other people then the other people certainly have a reason to gripe.
Get a rabies shot, you're foaming at the mouth...again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Texarkana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where's Willie Granville? 2 hr None 11
scott Domanski 2 hr crazy 1
Enough is enough Justice for murders at PRISSY ... (Mar '14) 5 hr whoopigcutie 19
Where is Mica James? (Aka Smith, Crumpton, Cross) 5 hr whoopigcutie 13
Why dont black people tip! Sat Summerhill rd 16
News Pedestrian fatally hit by vehicle on U.S. 67 Jul 18 None 12
has anyone got mesed over by richard ward at wa... (Feb '12) Jul 15 big Ben 10

Texarkana Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Texarkana Mortgages