unemployment question
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
job interrupted

Texarkana, TX

#1 Dec 31, 2012
Does anyone know about regular and extension unemployment? Regular unemployment lasts about six months then there are these three month extentions. The budget talks have cut off extentions 12/29/12, but it seems the regular unemployment twelve month renewal rule has been shortened to 12/29/12 as well. So if you were let go in late May, instead of having to wait late May 2013, the phone is saying you can apply effective 12/29/12. You dont have to wait the full twelve months. Anybodys know anything about this?
job interrupted

Texarkana, TX

#2 Dec 31, 2012
My question is if you were just starting an extension into month seven, then even though extentions ended 12/29/12, since they appear to have moved up the regular twelve month date to 12/29/12, can you reapply not for extension but new regular benefits?
tiredoffreeloade rs

Lewisburg, PA

#3 Dec 31, 2012
job interrupted wrote:
Does anyone know about regular and extension unemployment? Regular unemployment lasts about six months then there are these three month extentions. The budget talks have cut off extentions 12/29/12, but it seems the regular unemployment twelve month renewal rule has been shortened to 12/29/12 as well. So if you were let go in late May, instead of having to wait late May 2013, the phone is saying you can apply effective 12/29/12. You dont have to wait the full twelve months. Anybodys know anything about this?
instead of wondering about ways to extend getting benefits why dont you get a fricking job and save some of the governments money for our kids when they need it? I realize jobs arent just handed to you but in six months you have had plenty of time to find a job may not be one you want but a job is a job. Too many people take advantage of the government aid and there will be nothing left for our kids coming up. Im all for getting help when you need it but dont linger and just keep drawing because you can do the right thing!
job interrupted

Texarkana, TX

#4 Dec 31, 2012
if you are or someone you know is offering to hire, then i am open to the offer.

i am use to twelve an hour with benefits. you tell me what i am getting from nine without benefits.
job interrupted

Texarkana, TX

#5 Dec 31, 2012
I could not afford cobra insurance when I was working, and now when I am out of luck, the government only offers me healthcare at more than five times the employed rate. So I am not getting any advantage from that.
tiredoffreeloade rs

Lewisburg, PA

#6 Dec 31, 2012
job interrupted wrote:
if you are or someone you know is offering to hire, then i am open to the offer.
i am use to twelve an hour with benefits. you tell me what i am getting from nine without benefits.
noone is going to come to you for a job you have to do the footwork yourself. you are getting nine more than zero. many people have to work for less than they believe they are worth the thing is you take what you can get until you find something more appealing to fit what you think you are worth i know all about the insurance bs i cant afford it either i not trying to trash you or anyone else it just hits a sour note with me for someone to try and figure out ways to extend such benefits and the next generation will have to suffer because we have nothing left to give for help. Six months is ample time to find a job maybe not what you want but will do til you find one right for you thats all
job interrupted

Texarkana, TX

#7 Dec 31, 2012
Did I say I expect someone to gift wrap a job? No.

Did I say I was not looking for a job? No.
job interrupted

Texarkana, TX

#8 Dec 31, 2012
You are not obligated to expect less than what your historical job skills and pay rate have been valued. Don't ever let anyone convince you to sell yourself short like that. If you agree to take too far below your established rate, then you undermining your right to an established pay rate system altogether and that betrays the entire pay rate system for everyone.
job interrupted

Texarkana, TX

#9 Dec 31, 2012
I asked a question about the details of regular benefit renewal when the date has been moved up due to the budget issue. If you have an answer to that then I would appreciate it.
edgotxs

Texarkana, AR

#10 Dec 31, 2012
seems as if when I had a job, there were more opportunities available
hard to find one anymore with benefits
tiredoffreeloade rs

Lewisburg, PA

#11 Dec 31, 2012
job interrupted wrote:
I asked a question about the details of regular benefit renewal when the date has been moved up due to the budget issue. If you have an answer to that then I would appreciate it.
Well ok on that note i wish you the best in luck with this.You can try online or there should be an 800 number or if all else fails maybe you could get up off the couch and go to the local office here in town. I hope you dont get too hungry waiting for a 12 dollar an hour paycheck in this town because they want extend you forever. GOOD LUCK!
job interrupted

Texarkana, TX

#12 Dec 31, 2012
My question is if you were just starting an extension into month seven, then even though extentions ended 12/29/12, since they appear to have moved up the regular twelve month date to 12/29/12, can you reapply not for extension but new regular benefits?
job interrupted

Ephrata, PA

#13 Jan 1, 2013
Senate did the right thing. Now its up to the House.
job interrupted

Texarkana, TX

#14 Jan 2, 2013
House did the right thing. way to go. extention for those of us still trying to find an affordable option. many thanks.
Canon

Texarkana, TX

#15 Jan 2, 2013
The right thing is to stop crazy juvenile spending....they have NOT!

If ANY residence dealt with their finances like the government has they would have lost everything....which is what is happening to us.

There are no adults in charge and apparently no adult voters either or we would never elect those prone to such habitual recklessness.

This country is losing rapidly and will likely begin fading away due to those politicians who'd rather enjoy power than enjoy doing a responsible thing. Being responsible is not popular or powerful these days. These politicians do not even rank on the same scale as our founders did.

Absolute disgrace.
job interrupted

Texarkana, TX

#16 Jan 2, 2013
This country started fading away in 2001 when we extended free trade status to a communist nation of China, but the people at the top wanted to cut labor costs and they could not do it locally any further so they outsourced our jobs to a red communist nation known for human rights violations. Joe the Factory Worker does not make that kind of decision. That decision is made by the people at the top of the food chain.
job interrupted

Texarkana, TX

#17 Jan 2, 2013
Well I dont know the details about the total expenses altogether, I do not claim to be an expert on federal budgets and such, but I do appreciate the extension of unemployment assistance. I am making my contacts and more than willing to work.
Canon

Texarkana, TX

#18 Jan 2, 2013
job interrupted wrote:
Well I dont know the details about the total expenses altogether, I do not claim to be an expert on federal budgets and such, but I do appreciate the extension of unemployment assistance. I am making my contacts and more than willing to work.
If you are comfortable answering...what type of work are you looking for?
Canon

Texarkana, TX

#19 Jan 2, 2013
job interrupted wrote:
I base my opinion on the fact that they spend more than they take in and keep spending what they don't have (borrowing). If it be a residence or country you can only live on borrowed money for so long before bad things start happening. I actually think it a scary thing that we will all pay for one way or another.
job interrupted

Texarkana, TX

#20 Jan 2, 2013
Canon wrote:
<quoted text>
I base my opinion on the fact that they spend more than they take in and keep spending what they don't have (borrowing). If it be a residence or country you can only live on borrowed money for so long before bad things start happening. I actually think it a scary thing that we will all pay for one way or another.
I agree that too steep an imbalance of expense over revenue will certainly hasten an economic downfall. If they could outspend but just barely then they could do that for an extended period of time, but I suspect they outspend excessively which defines the problem.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Texarkana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lisa davis where are you 57 min I knew her 2
does anyone hear know paula richmond? (Jun '11) Sat I knew her 28
Randy Rawson Jun 23 I knew him 4
Colin paslay (Nov '15) Jun 22 whatfor 12
Jerry Sparks, a convicted felon? (May '11) Jun 22 glenda 26
Dr. James Naples (Jul '08) Jun 18 angry 131
Swimming in Texarkana (May '13) Jun 16 Janmetcalf 49
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Texarkana Mortgages