jeff akin....who do you think you are?

Posted in the Texarkana Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 22 Comments Last updated Mar 17, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
just sayin

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Oct 12, 2012
 

Judged:

7

6

5

i have listened to your poison long enough! you won't take my calls on your radio show so maybe you will read this:
If you think our county is full of corruption, why don't you run for office?
if you think our county is full of corruption leave or offer truthful insight and suggestions to change the situation.
the only thing you can do is tell half trues and out right lies! WE THE PEOPLE are tired of listening to it!
i am a republican and a christian and proud of it! you talked crap about every candidate that was not part of your group and they beat your candidates (except for landers, that was a shocker) and now you are supporting the democrats. so, who do you think you are? can't be a christian, because in your own words " you can NOT be a christian and support a democrat"
clearly

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Oct 12, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

4

just sayin wrote:
i have listened to your poison long enough! you won't take my calls on your radio show so maybe you will read this:
If you think our county is full of corruption, why don't you run for office?
if you think our county is full of corruption leave or offer truthful insight and suggestions to change the situation.
the only thing you can do is tell half trues and out right lies! WE THE PEOPLE are tired of listening to it!
i am a republican and a christian and proud of it! you talked crap about every candidate that was not part of your group and they beat your candidates (except for landers, that was a shocker) and now you are supporting the democrats. so, who do you think you are? can't be a christian, because in your own words " you can NOT be a christian and support a democrat"
we should boycott all the companies that advertise on that radio station...more importantly DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING JEFF AKIN SAYS!!! HE IS A LIAR!! WAKE UP BOWIE COUNTY!!

Since: Jan 13

Texarkana, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jan 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

I would like to know just for my own personal info what did Jeff akin do to upset you? I know this had been awhile but as of now I am debating with him and gathering views from some others because he claims to be hated for taking down the corrupt and choosing them money....I want the other side please
Crazy

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jan 19, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

drashton wrote:
I would like to know just for my own personal info what did Jeff akin do to upset you? I know this had been awhile but as of now I am debating with him and gathering views from some others because he claims to be hated for taking down the corrupt and choosing them money....I want the other side please
he only tells part of a story and he leaves out important details. He says we have a balanced budget for the first time... I think you need to really look at it. He talks about voter fraud but never gives details. The candidates he supported, two have left office and one has pending lawsuits and has been appealed more than any other county judge. Lets look into the fact that his buddy James Taylor is being appointed a lot on cases before that same judge lacy.. Now that sounds like corruption but you will never hear about that on his show
opinion

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jan 19, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

3

Jeff Akin is a hypocrite.He proclaims to be a patroit ,but when people of B.C. did not vote for his jokers,then he said he would be voting dem.He tried to take down a very good person,but people did not listen to him and now this person is in office.B.C.does not need or want JEFFIE!!!!!!!!!
A9mm

Whitney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jan 19, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

While looking thru the dictionary for something unrelated I seen Jeff's photo beside the distription "Asshat".

Since: Jan 13

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jan 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

thank you...I'm trying to dig deeper and look at specifics agendas and what he calls the movement. I'm just trying to make an informed decision if anyone could point me in the right direction or if there are articles to read.
Crazy

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jan 21, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

3

drashton wrote:
thank you...I'm trying to dig deeper and look at specifics agendas and what he calls the movement. I'm just trying to make an informed decision if anyone could point me in the right direction or if there are articles to read.
the only movement Jeff has is to destroy good people. If you will listen and question his points and then go to the people he is talking about you will soon figure out he is a liar! Keep your eyes open and don't blindly follow him or anyone else
curious

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jan 31, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Crazy wrote:
<quoted text> he only tells part of a story and he leaves out important details. He says we have a balanced budget for the first time... I think you need to really look at it. He talks about voter fraud but never gives details. The candidates he supported, two have left office and one has pending lawsuits and has been appealed more than any other county judge. Lets look into the fact that his buddy James Taylor is being appointed a lot on cases before that same judge lacy.. Now that sounds like corruption but you will never hear about that on his show
Very good summary.

Additionally, look at who he attacks and the entities/people he points out when making his points. Follow the money, and you will see his reasoning.

1. Texarkana, Texas - he consistently criticizes the Texas side, and seems to always give Arkansas a free pass. Very, very, very rarely do you ever hear him mention anything about the goings-on of Texarkana, Ar. Is the Texas side gov't so much more sinister, evil, and corrupt than the Arkansas side? Of course, Josh Davis seems to always get a free pass as well and his unyielding support. Of course Josh welcomes the support of the Patriots (or at least Akin and his devout followers), and is willing to do as Akin says since it helps accumulate a few more votes here and there.

Why does he do this? Texarkana, TX is the bigger of the two and it is more controversial to raise issues re Texarkana, Tx. More controversial = more potential listeners. More listeners = more advertisers. More advertisers = more money for Jeff.

2. Bowie County - he consistently criticizes Bowie County, and seems to always give Miller County a free pass. Very, very, very rarely do you ever hear him mention anything about the goings-on of Miller County. Is Bowie County gov't so much more sinister, evil, and corrupt than Miller County? Of course, his buddy Judge Lacy, gets a fee pass. Lacy welcomes the support, and the votes that those who blindly follow Akin provide.

Why does Akin do this? Bowie County is the bigger of the two and it is more controversial to raise issues re Bowie County. More controversial = more potential listeners. More listeners = more advertisers. More advertisers = more money for Jeff.

3. TISD - He consistently rips TISD or specifically calls out TISD to the exclusion of other ISDs. Is TISD so much more sinister, evil, and corrupt than other ISDs? Is it sinister, evil, or corrupt at all?

Why only call out TISD when discussing many of the issues he discusses? TISD is the biggest ISD locally and it is more controversial to raise issues re TISD. More controversial = more potential listeners. More listeners = more advertisers. More advertisers = more money for Jeff.

4. TC and TAMU-T. Both of these entities are critical to the community. While they are not perfect by any stretch, Akin needlessly ridicules their every move.

Why does Akin do this? TC and TAMU-T big institutions that many people are passionate about (one way or the other) and it is controversial to raise issues re TC and TAMU-T. More controversial = more potential listeners. More listeners = more advertisers. More advertisers = more money for Jeff.

See a pattern? I think Jeff is hanging on by a thread. Advertisers are at a minimum on his show when I have listened (and I still do from time to time). The station he works had just recently sold from what I understand. He needs "ratings" and advertisers now more than ever. Therefore, he is willing to take outlandish positions to attract listeners. I wonder if he even believes half the stuff he even says.
curious

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jan 31, 2013
 
Crazy wrote:
<quoted text> the only movement Jeff has is to destroy good people. If you will listen and question his points and then go to the people he is talking about you will soon figure out he is a liar! Keep your eyes open and don't blindly follow him or anyone else
There are two sides to every story Jeff says. Jeff's side and the truth.

Along this line, and in addition to my post above, there was one morning leading up to the TC tax election that Akin told a straight up lie about how he had never been given facts or figures on something he had inquired about. Next thing you know James Henry Russell has called in and Akin began the next segment apologizing and saying something about how he isn't perfect and even he makes mistakes. James Henry went on to tell Akin exactly when he provided the information Akin had requested and answered the same question again on the air.

Its all an exaggeration. Akin can argue his opinions, but he cannot argue facts. Notice you never hear him give too many facts, but rather a bunch of talking points and opinions. He finds one fact that he can defend, and then extrapolates from that a bunch of opinions, and makes a bunch of hints of what it means.

Right now, everything results in communism. He ties every fact or situation to Agenda 21 and communism. His act is getting old and predictable.

Fortunately, if you have Lacy, Nichols, Landers, Griffin, Hicks, and Davis around we don't have to worry about communism taking over our local and county government.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jan 31, 2013
 
I remember him getting called out by JHR. I laughed that morning. He also conveniently aired that segment towards the end of the show so when JHR called in, he had very little time to refute what Akin had said.

The few times I've sparred with him in person or on various social media, he's changed the subject on me when he figured out I had him backed into a corner with facts. He relies on the uninformed to scare monger with his vocabulary and the stands he takes.

I sometimes listen to him in the morning but take all of what he says with a grain of salt.
Truthhurts

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Feb 5, 2013
 

Judged:

3

1

1

Rock On Jeff...... I like your talk show a lot. Keep up the good work.
Crazy

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Feb 6, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Truthhurts wrote:
Rock On Jeff...... I like your talk show a lot. Keep up the good work.
lol... Hello jac member...Jeff doesn't know how to tell the truth so how does "the truth hurt"
Truthhurts

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Feb 6, 2013
 
At least you are true to your 'handle'.

Keep up the good work Jeff!!!!!

WE hear you loud and clear.
ARTEXan

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Feb 7, 2013
 
With all of the chatter about Jeff, people still listen to the station that pays him and people do not boycott the show's sponsors. If you want to stop an entertainer, stop the flow of money. I think too many people 'love to hate' Jeff and don't really want him off the air.
Don Reed

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Feb 7, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

1

I enjoy his show very much. To those that stated he doesn't state facts, I suppose you do not listen well as I hear him states facts on various topics.

He is a commentator, that means he states his opinion the way HE sees it.... You folks can do the same, it's a free country with opportunities.

To the one who states he supports dems, I'd be curious what information you are speaking of.

To the Jeff Akin haters, interesting as how you hide your name and do not reveal who you are.....so come clean folks and take the mask away.

No, I am not a member or associated with group, have never gone to meetings. Just a radio listener.

Whoever has facts to dispute what he says, feel free to be specific and post them...ranting does nothing. Post specific facts! Be what you claim he is not, instead you are presenting yourselves as what you accuse him of.
Crazy

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Feb 7, 2013
 
He said he would vote dem to keep Hawkins, Whitten, Petty,& Barron from bring elected. He posted this on his Facebook page and spoke it on his radio show.. How's that?
Truthhurts

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Feb 7, 2013
 

Judged:

2

whats the problem? its a free country .... so far......vote for whomever you want
Crazy

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Feb 8, 2013
 
Truthhurts wrote:
whats the problem? its a free country .... so far......vote for whomever you want
the problem is that Jeff has said over and over "you can be a Christian and vote democrat" he has bashed good people for voting democrat but when all of his candidates lost it was ok to vote democrat... LoL.. But yes you are right it is a free country
Cisco

Lewisburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Feb 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Crazy wrote:
<quoted text> the problem is that Jeff has said over and over "you can be a Christian and vote democrat" he has bashed good people for voting democrat but when all of his candidates lost it was ok to vote democrat... LoL.. But yes you are right it is a free country
The rant duly noted. Your position on the subject is made known. Now relax and take a deep breath.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Texarkana Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Texarkana People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Texarkana News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Texarkana
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••