this is scary !!!!!
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Nov 10

Ephrata, PA

#1 Jan 18, 2013
The Combating Terrorism Center (CTC) at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point released a study Tuesday warning against American “far right” groups including the “anti-federalist” movement and strong limited government activists.

The West Point professor said anti-federalists “espouse strong convictions regarding the federal government, believing it to be corrupt and tyrannical, with a natural tendency to intrude on individuals’ civil and constitutional rights. Finally, they support civil activism, individual freedoms, and self government. Extremists in the anti-federalist movement direct most their violence against the federal government and its proxies in law enforcement.”

Perliger also identified limited government activists into three categories:“a racist/white supremacy movement, an anti-federalist movement and a fundamentalist movement.”

According to the Washington Times, the report also draws correlation between mainstream conservatism and what it dubs the violent “far right.” The report then goes on to laud liberals as forward-thinking while maintaining that conservatives harbor a more archaic mindset.

“While liberal worldviews are future- or progressive -oriented, conservative perspectives are more past-oriented, and in general, are interested in preserving the status quo,” the report states.

“The far right represents a more extreme version of conservatism, as its political vision is usually justified by the aspiration to restore or preserve values and practices that are part of the idealized historical heritage of the nation or ethnic community.”
Chief Walksalot

Mifflinburg, PA

#2 Jan 18, 2013
This professor Perliger is, from what I've studied about him, doing "selective research" in that he only uses sources that support his ideas, and ignores other professional studies that reach conclusions quite different from his own.

After completing his PhD in Political Science at the University of Haifa Israel (2007), where he was also a fellow at the National Security Studies Center (NSSC), Dr. Perliger became affiliated with the Department of Political Science at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem as a Golda Meir Post-Doctoral Fellow (2007-2008).

On August 2008 Dr. Perliger joined the Department of Political Science at the State University of New York at Stony Brook, where he was a Schusterman Visiting Assistant Professor until the summer of 2010.

Is he a leftist? The preponderance of evidence indicates so. Surely, then, his viewpoint reflects an anti-right wing perspective. Readers and Valley Girls, don't take my word for it: see what you can come up with.

Whenever a new name pops up on the political scene, I urge readers to find out about such person's background. Reading a book by W.E.B. DuBois is incomplete if one is not familiar with his political history, for example.

By the way, Tom, have you noticed the number of irrational posts far outnumbers the rational ones in here? I might consider the far from remote possibility that most people in the Texarkana metro area are irrational.

Ephrata, PA

#3 Jan 19, 2013
Chief Walksalot wrote:
This professor Perliger is, from what I've studied about him, doing "selective research" in that he only uses sources that support his ideas, and ignores other professional studies that reach conclusions quite different from his own.
After completing his PhD in Political Science at the University of Haifa Israel (2007), where he was also a fellow at the National Security Studies Center (NSSC), Dr. Perliger became affiliated with the Department of Political Science at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem as a Golda Meir Post-Doctoral Fellow (2007-2008).
On August 2008 Dr. Perliger joined the Department of Political Science at the State University of New York at Stony Brook, where he was a Schusterman Visiting Assistant Professor until the summer of 2010.
Is he a leftist? The preponderance of evidence indicates so. Surely, then, his viewpoint reflects an anti-right wing perspective. Readers and Valley Girls, don't take my word for it: see what you can come up with.
Whenever a new name pops up on the political scene, I urge readers to find out about such person's background. Reading a book by W.E.B. DuBois is incomplete if one is not familiar with his political history, for example.
By the way, Tom, have you noticed the number of irrational posts far outnumbers the rational ones in here? I might consider the far from remote possibility that most people in the Texarkana metro area are irrational.
don't believe they are irrational, but rather low-information or so agenda driven they cannot put forth rational ideas. For the most part I believe they are well intentioned; but then we know what is paved with good intentions don't we?
Old Valley Girl

Texarkana, TX

#5 Jan 20, 2013
Tom Horn wrote:
<quoted text>don't believe they are irrational, but rather low-information or so agenda driven they cannot put forth rational ideas. For the most part I believe they are well intentioned; but then we know what is paved with good intentions don't we?
Oh yeah, that's real scary, Tom. I'm shaking as I type. Tom, you strike me as a white supremacist type who hates America and who really belongs in isolated area of Montana, 100 miles from the nearest town.

Mifflinburg, PA

#6 Jan 21, 2013
Old Valley Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah, that's real scary, Tom. I'm shaking as I type. Tom, you strike me as a white supremacist type who hates America and who really belongs in isolated area of Montana, 100 miles from the nearest town.
EXCERPTED FROM TODAYS WASHINGTON TIMES:

The 148-page report says anti-federalists “espouse strong convictions regarding the federal government, believing it to be corrupt and tyrannical, with a natural tendency to intrude on individuals’ civil and constitutional rights. Finally, they support civil activism, individual freedoms, and self government. Extremists in the anti-federalist movement direct most their violence against the federal government and its proxies in law enforcement.”

Commented a reader:“West Point Terror Center’s Most Wanted List: Thomas Jefferson John Adams George Washington James Madison Ronald Reagan John Jay Sam Adams.”

I'D SAY THAT PUTS ME IN PRETTY GOOD COMPANY. AND YES I AM WHITE BUT NO I'M NOT A SUPREMACIST. I LOVE MY COUNTRY BUT AM WARY OF MY GOVERNMENT.

Mifflinburg, PA

#7 Jan 21, 2013
AND BTW WE DID SPEND 9 YEARS IN WESTERN COLORADO THAT WAS 100 MILES FROM A STOP LIGHT. IT WAS THE BEST 9 YEARS OF MY LIFE. VENISON, ELK, GROUSE, TROUT, CHOKECHERRY JAM AND WILD ASPARAGUS. CUT 8-10 CORDS OF FIREWOOD EVERY YEAR AND USED THEM UP EACH WINTER. WATER FROM A CISTERN. GOOD HORSES (MORGANS). HARD TWISTED COUNTRY BUT DAMN GOOD PEOPLE. LITERALLY ZERO CRIME.
Canon

Texarkana, TX

#8 Jan 21, 2013
Old Valley Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
On another thread Tom mentioned in a post you responded that he had been a supporter of a black politician and now you accuse him of being a white supremacist....Hello somebody!!!

Another irrational liberal.

Seymour, TX

#9 Jan 21, 2013
Canon wrote:
<quoted text>
On another thread Tom mentioned in a post you responded that he had been a supporter of a black politician and now you accuse him of being a white supremacist....Hello somebody!!!
Yes. On that thread she was responding to my comment that I had donated money to Cain's campaign whereupon she immediately attacked Mr. Cain....and decided to deride Colonel Alan West for good measure. One must ask who is the racist here, eh?
Old Valley Girl

Grandview, TX

#10 Jan 21, 2013
Tom Horn wrote:
AND BTW WE DID SPEND 9 YEARS IN WESTERN COLORADO THAT WAS 100 MILES FROM A STOP LIGHT. IT WAS THE BEST 9 YEARS OF MY LIFE. VENISON, ELK, GROUSE, TROUT, CHOKECHERRY JAM AND WILD ASPARAGUS. CUT 8-10 CORDS OF FIREWOOD EVERY YEAR AND USED THEM UP EACH WINTER. WATER FROM A CISTERN. GOOD HORSES (MORGANS). HARD TWISTED COUNTRY BUT DAMN GOOD PEOPLE. LITERALLY ZERO CRIME.
Tom, your cap key is stuck. You need to call tech support.
Old Valley Girl

Grandview, TX

#11 Jan 21, 2013
Tom Horn wrote:
<quoted text>Yes. On that thread she was responding to my comment that I had donated money to Cain's campaign whereupon she immediately attacked Mr. Cain....and decided to deride Colonel Alan West for good measure. One must ask who is the racist here, eh?
Allen West is no more a real colonel than Col. Sanders. I find it interesting that you call that nobody a colonel and you don't have the decency to use the title of "president" in front of Obama's name.
Gladys Kravitz

Grandview, TX

#12 Jan 21, 2013
Tom Horn wrote:
<quoted text>Yes. On that thread she was responding to my comment that I had donated money to Cain's campaign whereupon she immediately attacked Mr. Cain....and decided to deride Colonel Alan West for good measure. One must ask who is the racist here, eh?
Sad. How can one little man hold so much hatred in his heart for someone in a different political party? What a pathetic little bug you are, Tom.
Old Valley Girl

Grandview, TX

#13 Jan 21, 2013
Canon wrote:
<quoted text>On another thread Tom mentioned in a post you responded that he had been a supporter of a black politician and now you accuse him of being a white supremacist....Hello somebody!!!

Oh shutup.
Canon

Texarkana, TX

#14 Jan 21, 2013
Old Valley Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh shutup.
Now that's just rude.
Canon

Texarkana, TX

#15 Jan 21, 2013
Gladys Kravitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Sad. How can one little man hold so much hatred in his heart for someone in a different political party? What a pathetic little bug you are, Tom.
To not agree with your party is not hatred, where is tolerance to allow others to believe and think however they do. You would want the same courtesy.
Old Valley Girl

Grandview, TX

#16 Jan 21, 2013
Canon wrote:
<quoted text>Now that's just rude.
Grody to the max.
Gladys Kravitz

Grandview, TX

#17 Jan 21, 2013
Canon wrote:
<quoted text>To not agree with your party is not hatred, where is tolerance to allow others to believe and think however they do. You would want the same courtesy.
Mick Jagger once said that you can't always get what you want but if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need.

Nacogdoches, TX

#18 Jan 22, 2013
Old Valley Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Allen West is no more a real colonel than Col. Sanders. I find it interesting that you call that nobody a colonel and you don't have the decency to use the title of "president" in front of Obama's name.

REALLY?

West entered active duty on November 1, 1983, at Fort Sill, Oklahoma where he completed the Field Artillery Officer's Basic Course. He then proceeded to airborne training at Fort Benning, Georgia where he received his Parachutist Badge. West's first assignment was as an airborne infantry fire support officer and platoon leader, as well as Battalion Training Officer for 4th Battalion, 325th Infantry Regiment, 82nd Airborne Division in Vicenza, Italy under the command of Lieutenant Colonel Kenneth R. Needham. In 1987, West was promoted to captain and attended the Field Artillery Officer's Advanced Course.[9] Following graduation, West took command of B Battery, 6th Field Artillery Regiment, 1st Infantry Division. He served as the battalion task force fire support officer for 2d Battalion, 16th Infantry Regiment. As a member of the 1st Infantry Division he deployed for Operation Desert Shield and Operation Desert Storm.[9]

After redeployment from Kuwait, West served as an Army ROTC Instructor at Kansas State University from 1991 to 1994, becoming the U.S. Army ROTC Instructor of the Year in 1993. In January 1995 he was assigned to the 2nd Infantry Division Support Command as the assistant operations/combat plans officer. West was promoted to major before he attended the U.S. Army Command and General Staff College in 1997. Upon completion, he became the operations officer for the 18th Field Artillery Brigade before being assigned as executive officer of 1st Battalion, 377th Field Artillery Regiment. Afterwards, West served as an army exchange officer at the II Marine Expeditionary Force at Camp Lejeune from 1999 to 2002 and was promoted to lieutenant colonel.

The culminating assignment of Lieutenant Colonel West's career was his assumption of command of the 2d Battalion, 20th Field Artillery Regiment, 4th Infantry Division on June 6, 2002. He deployed with his unit during the Iraq War in 2003 and continued to command his battalion until his retirement from the army in 2004.[10]

Military Awards
West's awards and decorations include the Bronze Star; Meritorious Service Medal (two Oak Leaf Clusters); Army Commendation Medal (three Oak Leaf Clusters, one Valor Device); Army Achievement Medal (one Oak Leaf Cluster); Valorous Unit Award; Air Assault Badge; and the Master Parachutist Badge.[3]
Chief Walksalot

New Boston, TX

#19 Jan 22, 2013
Tom Horn wrote:
<quoted text>
REALLY?
West entered active duty on November 1, 1983, at Fort Sill, Oklahoma where he completed the Field Artillery Officer's Basic Course. He then proceeded to airborne training at Fort Benning, Georgia where he received his Parachutist Badge. West's first assignment was as an airborne infantry fire support officer and platoon leader, as well as Battalion Training Officer for 4th Battalion, 325th Infantry Regiment, 82nd Airborne Division in Vicenza, Italy under the command of Lieutenant Colonel Kenneth R. Needham. In 1987, West was promoted to captain and attended the Field Artillery Officer's Advanced Course.[9] Following graduation, West took command of B Battery, 6th Field Artillery Regiment, 1st Infantry Division. He served as the battalion task force fire support officer for 2d Battalion, 16th Infantry Regiment. As a member of the 1st Infantry Division he deployed for Operation Desert Shield and Operation Desert Storm.[9]
After redeployment from Kuwait, West served as an Army ROTC Instructor at Kansas State University from 1991 to 1994, becoming the U.S. Army ROTC Instructor of the Year in 1993. In January 1995 he was assigned to the 2nd Infantry Division Support Command as the assistant operations/combat plans officer. West was promoted to major before he attended the U.S. Army Command and General Staff College in 1997. Upon completion, he became the operations officer for the 18th Field Artillery Brigade before being assigned as executive officer of 1st Battalion, 377th Field Artillery Regiment. Afterwards, West served as an army exchange officer at the II Marine Expeditionary Force at Camp Lejeune from 1999 to 2002 and was promoted to lieutenant colonel.
The culminating assignment of Lieutenant Colonel West's career was his assumption of command of the 2d Battalion, 20th Field Artillery Regiment, 4th Infantry Division on June 6, 2002. He deployed with his unit during the Iraq War in 2003 and continued to command his battalion until his retirement from the army in 2004.[10]
Military Awards
West's awards and decorations include the Bronze Star; Meritorious Service Medal (two Oak Leaf Clusters); Army Commendation Medal (three Oak Leaf Clusters, one Valor Device); Army Achievement Medal (one Oak Leaf Cluster); Valorous Unit Award; Air Assault Badge; and the Master Parachutist Badge.[3]
Everything else equal, facts beat opinions every time.

Nacogdoches, TX

#20 Jan 22, 2013
Chief Walksalot wrote:
<quoted text>.
Everything else equal, facts beat opinions every time.
I will not enter into a battle of wits with an unarmed person. Just provide them with factual information and hope for the best...without holding my breath.
Old Valley Girl

Grandview, TX

#21 Jan 22, 2013
Tom Horn wrote:
<quoted text>REALLY?

Military Awards
I noticed that you conveniently left out the fact that while in Iraq, he violated articles 128 and Uniform Code of Military Justice and came within a hair of being court-martialed. How come you left that out, Tommy? If I had to choose between so called "colonel" West and the real American hero Colonel Sanders to lead me in battle, I'd choose the latter. And I know that when the fighting was over, I'd have a nice fried chicken dinner waiting for me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Texarkana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mike Carter (Sep '14) 1 hr B white 46
Mike Carter Kathy Hicks affair 1 hr Around 32
Haley haywood 2 hr Terry 3
Steve Jones Topix 8 hr Willie Granville 3
Best school district (Sep '09) 16 hr Baroon 63
PG School Board Sat Played for fools 2
Missy Haywood Mar 23 Chap 1

Texarkana Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance