Chief Walksalot

Mifflinburg, PA

#1 Mar 6, 2013
So, what happened? Did the FAA withdraw the air traffic controllers? Is that little commuter plane still flying into town twice a day? I suppose the TSA people could be moved to the Amtrak station where their skills could be put to good use.
The Zygote

United States

#2 Mar 6, 2013
TSA is trying to relocate to a kindergarten near you. Those badge-less wannabes.
Red Goosefoot

Morgan, TX

#3 Mar 6, 2013
All flights to and out of New York City will be handled out of Hope, Arkansas International Airport.
tanftx

Petersburg, TX

#4 Mar 6, 2013
The Zygote wrote:
TSA is trying to relocate to a kindergarten near you. Those badge-less wannabes.
that alleged, news reported local bike club member that works in the aging disabilities office is trying to relocate to children activities near you. once again when dupree name is noticed he has an interest in the Recycled Bikes for Kids group, yet another example of him placing himself around children activities with a record of 14 people abused 40 times by his own reported admission. i wouldnt want a pedophile youth pastor near kids like that. ewwwww. not to mention that three state bike activity they have coming up this april.
The Zygote

United States

#5 Mar 6, 2013
Sounds like dupree would be a perfect candidate for a TSA position. If he checked out a felon when they did his background check they would probably instantly promote him. He could put a bell on his bicycle and ride around the airport dinging the bell. Children would know to run away any time they heard the bell.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#6 Mar 6, 2013
Chief Walksalot wrote:
So, what happened? Did the FAA withdraw the air traffic controllers? Is that little commuter plane still flying into town twice a day? I suppose the TSA people could be moved to the Amtrak station where their skills could be put to good use.
I'm still seeing the flights in and out, so I would say not....yet.

Since: Nov 10

Ralls, TX

#7 Mar 7, 2013
I don't fly out of TXK for three reasons:

1) You have to fly into DFW and dock at the 'pony' gates which means you are exposed to the elements/noise walking from the plane to the "gate"; and then what seems like a 5K trek to your connecting flight.
2) It is expensive
3) Obviously not non-stop service.

When we fly we go to Little Rock and get non-stops to just about anywhere. The money saved will more than offset the gas and parking.
texark66

Pittsburg, TX

#8 Mar 7, 2013
According to reports in yesterday's Longview News Journal, the Longview airport did not receive a notification of a tower closure. However, Tyler's airport did. No word on Texarkana. A final closure list is due around March 18th.
tanftx

Texarkana, AR

#9 Mar 7, 2013
The Zygote wrote:
Sounds like dupree would be a perfect candidate for a TSA position. If he checked out a felon when they did his background check they would probably instantly promote him. He could put a bell on his bicycle and ride around the airport dinging the bell. Children would know to run away any time they heard the bell.
that was not a former youth pastor expressing any kind of legitimate concerns on the job. that was a vicious child predator expanding his criminal experience through adult predator workplace stalking. the guy was just obscessed with getting into someone elses business and ruining their life. criminals behave like that, and thats exactly what he is, a criminal minded individual whose behavior was consistent with that of a serial child rapist... and this guy is trying to socialize around local Texarkana children through Texarkana Cycling, Edge City Cycling, Partership for the Pathway and Recycled Bikes for Kids programs.
BawLiquor

Texarkana, TX

#10 Mar 13, 2013
They used to have an EZ Mary there but now it looks like a cement block trailer
Chief Walksalot

Texarkana, TX

#11 Mar 9, 2014
So, is there still FAA at the Texarkana airport or have they, too, left town?
Actually, if the city Deciders had the drive, they'd put in a couple of restaurants and a viewing deck at the Terminal, so the general public could go there, eat, have a drink, and watch airplanes. Again, AMTRAK should have their station at the airport, and the bus company too, sort of a joint area where passengers would be and could eat. Not much else to do in T-town. Even the ducks, I heard, left Texarkana.
KTXK

Atlanta, TX

#12 Mar 10, 2014
Tom Horn wrote:
I don't fly out of TXK for three reasons:
1) You have to fly into DFW and dock at the 'pony' gates which means you are exposed to the elements/noise walking from the plane to the "gate"; and then what seems like a 5K trek to your connecting flight.
2) It is expensive
3) Obviously not non-stop service.
When we fly we go to Little Rock and get non-stops to just about anywhere. The money saved will more than offset the gas and parking.
1) Unless something is wrong with the jetway, you arrive at terminal B. I fly thru DFW a few times a month and cant remember the last time I was exposed to the outdoors
2) It is seasonal. Typically in the summer flights from TXK run about 100-150 more, but are a lot less in the winter for some reason.
3) Little Rock flies to about 12 cities and that is it. So non-stop to anywhere is stretching the truth a bit. My time is worth even a $150 up charge.

And yes, it is still open, I was out there yesterday and will be again on Wednesday.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Texarkana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
To the person/persons that are Vandalizing------- 1 hr Renee Barnett 10
Gays ,should they have their own public bathroo... (Oct '10) 10 hr mel 80
PG's New Superintendent ruining district (Aug '14) 11 hr Wake Up 47
Motorcycles are Not Safe Sat Skeptic 23
things for teens to do here (Mar '06) Sat Skeptic 379
The Haunting Of Texarkana (Jun '13) Sat Skeptic 30
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) May 20 Banfartos 708
More from around the web

Texarkana People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]