Atheists Hate Christianity Especially

Atheists Hate Christianity Especially

Posted in the Texarkana Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Hated and Blessed

United States

#1 Feb 20, 2012
You'll notice that though atheism shouldnt be biased, they tend to abhor Christianity more than other religions including Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism etc.

They gather in the name of, not their likeness of atheism but their hate for Christianity. Infact, Christianity is all some atheists like to talk about. Why do you think that is?

Its obvious to me that satan is using them as tools against Gods people. So from now on I will refer to atheists as tools because that is obviously what they are.

..........

Mark 13:13 "And you will be hated by all for my name's sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved."

John 15:18 “If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you."
Hated and Blessed

United States

#2 Feb 20, 2012
Hated and Blessed

United States

#3 Feb 20, 2012
"Kant exposes the ignorant boast of atheists that atheism operates on a higher intellectual plane than theism. He shows that reason must know its limits in order to be truly reasonable. Atheism foolishly presumes that reason is in principle capable of figuring out all that there is, while theism at least knows that there is a reality greater than, and beyond, that which our senses and our minds can ever apprehend."
Canon

Texarkana, TX

#4 Feb 20, 2012
I have thought it interesting why they spend so much time in conversation concering what they DO NOT believe in.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#5 Feb 21, 2012
I like puppies.
Down Down Down

Texarkana, TX

#6 Feb 21, 2012
Hated and Blessed wrote:
You'll notice that though atheism shouldnt be biased, they tend to abhor Christianity more than other religions including Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism etc.
They gather in the name of, not their likeness of atheism but their hate for Christianity. Infact, Christianity is all some atheists like to talk about. Why do you think that is?
Its obvious to me that satan is using them as tools against Gods people. So from now on I will refer to atheists as tools because that is obviously what they are.
..........
Mark 13:13 "And you will be hated by all for my name's sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved."
John 15:18 “If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you."
Because the devil knows Jesus is the one true way to salvation. The devil's army of disciples in Hollywood are on the job 24 hours a day.
Chief Walksalot

Texarkana, AR

#7 Feb 26, 2012
To Hated and Blessed : Not really. I talk about christianity more than any other religion because I have more knowledge of christianity than any other religion. We non-believers don't hate something that doesn't exist. You can believe in any god you wish to; I won't try to shut down your meetings, ridicule you, threaten you; see the thread: any progressives or intellectuals in Texarkans. I have been the recipient of lots of hate and ridicule last year when I was posting about having a meeting for non-believers. I have only asked the christians to let me believe as I wish and most of them simply cannot tolerate that. Yes, some christian practices are silly (snake handling, faith healing, and talking in tongues) but, if it makes you happy, go ahead. We don't burn bibles or try to close churches. Most christians don't understand what atheism is about, and they don't want to know.
For those of you who wish to respond: please be polite and intelligent, no matter what religion or non-religion you profess. I had to deal with some really closed minded kids last year and found I spent more time correcting their ideas than I did explaining mine.
Okay, have at it.
Chief Walksalot

Texarkana, AR

#8 Feb 26, 2012
I am almost blind in one eye and make too many typos; please accept that. If I misspelled a word, I am at fault, and not any demon.
Politics as usual

Texarkana, TX

#9 Feb 26, 2012
Chief Walksalot wrote:
To Hated and Blessed : Not really. I talk about christianity more than any other religion because I have more knowledge of christianity than any other religion. We non-believers don't hate something that doesn't exist. You can believe in any god you wish to; I won't try to shut down your meetings, ridicule you, threaten you; see the thread: any progressives or intellectuals in Texarkans. I have been the recipient of lots of hate and ridicule last year when I was posting about having a meeting for non-believers. I have only asked the christians to let me believe as I wish and most of them simply cannot tolerate that. Yes, some christian practices are silly (snake handling, faith healing, and talking in tongues) but, if it makes you happy, go ahead. We don't burn bibles or try to close churches. Most christians don't understand what atheism is about, and they don't want to know.
For those of you who wish to respond: please be polite and intelligent, no matter what religion or non-religion you profess. I had to deal with some really closed minded kids last year and found I spent more time correcting their ideas than I did explaining mine.
Okay, have at it.
Closed minded kids? you mean they rejected the typical indoctrination in the public schools?

You sound like a writer for the Texarkana Gazette. Do you write for them? They give more attention to quirky religious people than they do actual events.

You talk about christianity more because you hate it more. lets be honest. and your knowledge of it is sorely lacking. To know the bible doesnt mean you understand it.

Let me translate your post: You assert that the crimes and failings of some Christians (acting inconsistently with the teachings of Christ at that!) disproves the whole edifice of Christianity but that the crimes and failings of some atheists (acting consistently with the fact that atheism can provide no basis for objective morality!) should on no account be held against the philosophy of atheism???

sounds like thats where you're coming from.
The Eye Is Watching

United States

#10 Feb 26, 2012
Politics as usual wrote:
<quoted text>
Closed minded kids? you mean they rejected the typical indoctrination in the public schools?
You sound like a writer for the Texarkana Gazette. Do you write for them? They give more attention to quirky religious people than they do actual events.
You talk about christianity more because you hate it more. lets be honest. and your knowledge of it is sorely lacking. To know the bible doesnt mean you understand it.
Let me translate your post: You assert that the crimes and failings of some Christians (acting inconsistently with the teachings of Christ at that!) disproves the whole edifice of Christianity but that the crimes and failings of some atheists (acting consistently with the fact that atheism can provide no basis for objective morality!) should on no account be held against the philosophy of atheism???
sounds like thats where you're coming from.
BURP! kinda sounds like where you are comming from...
Politics as usual

Texarkana, TX

#11 Feb 26, 2012
Chief Walksalot wrote:
I am almost blind in one eye and make too many typos; please accept that. If I misspelled a word, I am at fault, and not any demon.
your hatred that you deny precedes you. why would you think someone would respond with "you must have a demon if you misspelled a word." only someone filled with hate would respond in that manner.
Anon

Ponce, Puerto Rico

#12 Apr 29, 2012
Christards are f*cked up in the head that why.
Daily Review

Texarkana, TX

#13 Apr 29, 2012
Anon wrote:
Christards are f*cked up in the head that why.
good example of secular teachings. indoctrination at work. nevertheless, its what he has been condition to conceive of as truth and he is HONEST about what he believes (unlike chief). unfortunately the most consequential decision we can ever make in life is that when we die we have made the correct decision that will "save" our soul, once our body is gone.

That decision is centered in the truth that Jesus rose from the dead and provided a path for us to follow. a map if you will...... that takes you around the fiery pits of hell itself. Jesus said He was the way, the truth and the life. I prefer the words of one who rose from the dead. It does seem we are immortal when we are young, and IF you live to be older in years, we began to consider the reality that YES, we will all die at some point in life; where we go from there is very important. its an eternal decision. I cant chunk that truth away with hollywood magic or logic and remain constant.

The funny thing about the teachings of Jesus is that they do indeed go against the teachings of the world and that by following them it would bring us persecution from the world.

The sermon on the mount was preached from the side of a mountain a few hundred yards inland from the sea of Galilee. The crowds were following Jesus closely to see all his miracles. He was being pressed upon by the people -“Chapter 4 v25”... and there followed him great multitudes of people from Galilee, from Decapolis, from Jerusalem, from Judea and from beyond Jordan.

the sermon on the mount takes on a new meaning.......
Verse 3.... Jesus taught; “blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs is the kingdom of God..... What? A kingdom of spiritually poor people? How can that be? Spiritually impoverished? Yet... God himself, standing on the side of a mountain says his kingdom is for the spiritually impoverished. For those who have felt the “emptiness” of the power religions.

“Blessed are the poor in spirit....” These words probably sounded “jolting” and “strange” to Jesus’ disciples. A kingdom of spiritually impoverished people? Gods Kingdom? Most were looking for the Son of God to come and establish a great political system that would override Romes’, or raise up an army and lead a revolt against pagan Rome (Remember Barrabas and all the others who had been leading revolutions). Also most expected the messiah to come on a raging warhorse yielding a sword - or even as a king living in a palace of splendor and wealth -

Can this be the kingdom Israel was looking for? In those days of Jesus (as they do now) people associated the kingdom of God with powerful-glory driven men and events lathered with luxuries and abundances - but LOOK... here comes Jesus riding on a donkey!!... not on a warhorse.... a suffering servant, an outcast - Jesus, the son of God - spiritually poor? That’s what Jesus says -Blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs is the Kingdom of God. How can this be?

Because the poor in spirit have so emptied themselves of themselves (the pride of their accomplishments, the selfishness of their desire; they have so emptied themselves of themselves that God has come into their lives: giving them meaning and direction and purpose in life. Being Born Again.

It does sound strange to the ways of the world.
hellodakota

Texarkana, TX

#14 May 1, 2012
I think it depends on where your talking from. If you're talking about Texarkana then it makes sense for atheists(like myself) to talk more about christianity than any other religion due to the fact it is the religion of around 80% of the city in some way. I don't pay attention to out of country stuff most of the time so i don't know how it's handled in other countries and such.
Daily Review

Texarkana, TX

#15 May 1, 2012
hellodakota wrote:
I think it depends on where your talking from. If you're talking about Texarkana then it makes sense for atheists(like myself) to talk more about christianity than any other religion due to the fact it is the religion of around 80% of the city in some way. I don't pay attention to out of country stuff most of the time so i don't know how it's handled in other countries and such.
how do you arrive at your 80% demographics? Hollywood Christianity is hear no evil, see no evil, know no evil. a general religion that really causes no conversions or salvation at all; sort of like Catholicism.

Real Christianity, from what I read in various sources, is treated worse in foreign countries; In India,they may be threatened with divorce, expulsion, or reincarnation as a bug. They may be told how spiritually unenlightened or useless Christianity is.....OR They twist and redefine the teachings of Jesus so that He becomes a Hindu, Buddhist, Muslim, Mormon, Baha'i, etc.

Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh called Jesus "a mental case" and a fascist with a mind like Adolph Hitler's; Christians are fools for believing in Him.(Da Free John) calls biblical Christianity "a perversion of the truth" and Jesus a cultic "false idol."

Of course everyone knows Christians are beheaded in Islam (you know, the peaceful religion). I have a hundred or so web links of Muslims killing Christians but we all know Topix wont allow such things to be brought to truth.

Attacks against Christianity are always coming in from every direction: atheists, materialists, secular humanists, committed evolutionists and skeptics in general. their attacks are almost unrelenting. But, Jesus said we would be persecuted for His sake; nothing new really.
fortheloveofGod

United States

#16 May 1, 2012
Though I am a Christian, i believe we all must respect the religious choices of others. What I dont understand about christians is the amount of hate they themselves can have for their "brothers and sisters" who have other believes being religious or political. God says we must love each other non the less. God says we should spread His word. He does not say that we should Bible beat someone into believing and hate them when they don't. I also dont believe that just because someone is not a believer that we should shun them. We as Christians set examples for sinners and non believers. If we are mean, cold hearted and non accepting, then how can we expect a non believer to ever change their views. Some good christians have been able to make a positive impact on non believers who have became christians.
As christians we should be happy and humble and willing to help and understand others. This is what Jesus would do. Jesus, if you know your Bible, associated and helped many who were sinners.
16And when the scribes and Pharisees saw him eat with publicans and sinners, they said unto his disciples, How is it that he eateth and drinketh with publicans and sinners? 17When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.1 John 3:15
Luke 6:27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you.
This is a subject that really makes me mad at those who claim to be Christians. I work with a lady who claims to be a minister,(even though the Bible speaks against women being preachers must I add) and this woman is so unpleasant to be around. She NEVER smiles,always boasts about being a Christian, like she has to convince us, and she is always in someone elses face saying that God wants her to tell us "sinners" what we are doing wrong as far as how we are doing our job??!! Im so confused by this.#1. she has NEVER spoke to me to know my beliefs.#2 she has never spoke to me about what I do at work. instead she wants to take a situation she sees and accuse others of unethical conduct. But God works and the tables were turned on her a few weeks later. Though she is mean I take no joy in her misfortune and felt bad for her but I also think God was dishing out a lesson to be learned. So my fellow "Christians" be mindful of how we treat others. Non believers or each other because God loves us all no matter what and He wants us to be like in His image which means we should loves everyone as well. God did not give up on you when you were a sinner so we should not give up on them. In my line of work I meet a lot of atheist. I have not spoke with one yet who claims to "hate" Christians. In fact we have some good conversations about our beliefs and with respect and non offending way from both sides. By this approach I have done what God asks of us. I have in a respectful way witnessed to this person. By the end they usually say there may be a God. I just dont know. maybe one day I will. I accept their belief. At least they let me talk and give them information that they sometimes did not have knowledge of beforehand. At least I have them thinking!!! Never judge or make assumptions about others because you dont know where they have been or what is in their heart. God says we should not pass judgment on anyone because we are sinful ourselves!!
Daily Review

Texarkana, TX

#17 May 1, 2012
Jesus did say many would come in his name (claiming to be Christian) in the last days and deceive many. We are saved by faith and not by works. No matter how insane the lady may act or react doesn't determine her salvation; it might turn off others to Christianity but salvation by behavior is not a legitimate means of determining Christianity, as Jesus and you yourself spoke about the pharisees and how they considered many not coming from God because of their appearances or their actions. We are saved by FAITH, and not by our works, our behavior or our appearances. Only Catholicism claims this distinction.

If some are turned off by certain actions, then it would be analogues to say that they would also be turned off by other actions. No one comes to God unless they are called, and like you said, God doesnt give up so easy.

Back in Jesus day many said John the Baptist was a nut because of his declaring to the world the evils that were prevalent in their "leaders"; or in todays language he would be considered a fundamentalist.

Perhaps she falls within the teachings of Jesus followers when he claims that those who have been forgiven of so much, would much love be returned. That love can take many forms. Perhaps she sincerely is worried that others actions would be detrimental to their own and others welfare, and not so much worried about how others perceived her status?

Judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgment you judge, you shall be judged:..... it is addressed to a hypocrite.-not to those who sincerely want to discern whether a teacher or teaching is true or false to God's Word.

Instead of being a prohibition against honest judgment, it is a solemn warning against hypocritical judgment. In fact, the last statement of this Scripture commands sincere judgment- "Then shall you see clearly to cast out the mote out of your brother's eye." If we take a verse or a part of a verse out of its setting, we can make the Word of God appear to teach the very opposite of what it really does teach. And those who do this cannot escape the judgment of God for twisting His Word (2 Peter 3:16).

It also amazes me how no one steps forth and says that the money preachers on TV are really self-serving false prophets. It is tragic that so much that is anti-Scriptural has undeservedly found shelter behind a misuse of the Scripture "judge not".

You must differentiate between placing one self on the judgement throne of God and discerning false teachers... it is a crucial distinction.
Anonymous

United States

#18 May 1, 2012
Daily Review wrote:
Jesus did say many would come in his name (claiming to be Christian) in the last days and deceive many. We are saved by faith and not by works. No matter how insane the lady may act or react doesn't determine her salvation; it might turn off others to Christianity but salvation by behavior is not a legitimate means of determining Christianity, as Jesus and you yourself spoke about the pharisees and how they considered many not coming from God because of their appearances or their actions. We are saved by FAITH, and not by our works, our behavior or our appearances. Only Catholicism claims this distinction.
If some are turned off by certain actions, then it would be analogues to say that they would also be turned off by other actions. No one comes to God unless they are called, and like you said, God doesnt give up so easy.
Back in Jesus day many said John the Baptist was a nut because of his declaring to the world the evils that were prevalent in their "leaders"; or in todays language he would be considered a fundamentalist.
Perhaps she falls within the teachings of Jesus followers when he claims that those who have been forgiven of so much, would much love be returned. That love can take many forms. Perhaps she sincerely is worried that others actions would be detrimental to their own and others welfare, and not so much worried about how others perceived her status?
Judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgment you judge, you shall be judged:..... it is addressed to a hypocrite.-not to those who sincerely want to discern whether a teacher or teaching is true or false to God's Word.
Instead of being a prohibition against honest judgment, it is a solemn warning against hypocritical judgment. In fact, the last statement of this Scripture commands sincere judgment- "Then shall you see clearly to cast out the mote out of your brother's eye." If we take a verse or a part of a verse out of its setting, we can make the Word of God appear to teach the very opposite of what it really does teach. And those who do this cannot escape the judgment of God for twisting His Word (2 Peter 3:16).
It also amazes me how no one steps forth and says that the money preachers on TV are really self-serving false prophets. It is tragic that so much that is anti-Scriptural has undeservedly found shelter behind a misuse of the Scripture "judge not".
I completely agree with you and TV preachers i feel are false prophets and they mislead. Esp. when they and their family are having sexual affairs over and over, party it up drinking and dressing inappropriately then returning to the stage to preach against all of this!! And as far as the other subject. I could see this if the person wasnt so self absorbed. I know Christians who do really care about others salvation. I dont hear them bragging about how they are such the perfect person while looking down and really being mean to others. I really mean this person is mean. Yells at others, she is rude. NEVER, NEVER smiles. never offers to help with anything. your right, your works wont get you to heaven but I do firmly believe that God will judge us as to how we treated each other. I do not believe that a true Christian at who has God in their heart is mean spirited. I do not believe that just because you say that you believe in God that you will go to heaven. Satanist believe in God. God wants us to be humble Christians and love all. How can you claim to be Christian if your mean to others and think you are any better? Im not perfect. But I feel that If I am mean or ugly to someone then I am disappointing God. To each his own belief on how God shall judge. all I know is that I will treat people like Jesus would because I dont want to have to answer to God about why I was a nasty person. Even sinners should be treated nicely and not so rudely.
Daily Review

Texarkana, TX

#19 May 1, 2012
>>>>>>I do not believe that just because you say that you believe in God that you will go to heaven. Satanist believe in God.<<<<<

Satanist believe in God, but do not believe God. If we are saved by works or behavior, then who determines how much work and how much good behavior will it require for us to be saved? When God comes into our lives he does not zap us and make us instant saints with halos. Even Paul the Apostle argued with God to be free from the deeds of the flesh, but God told him that his Grace was sufficient. Paul was kicked out of more churches than anyone. Wearing a smile all the time doesnt mean you have been born again. As Paul said.... who? oh God shall deliver me from this body of sin ?????? Paul reached the greatest heights and the lowest lows in this body of death we live in.

We must rely on the works of Jesus and not our works of the flesh.
Anonymous

United States

#20 May 2, 2012
Im not saying that works and deeds are what matter. Im saying that just because you claim to be a Christian doesnt give you a free pass to be ugly to others and look at others as though they are lesser than you. say what you want. believe what you want cuz its not gonna be me answering to God about my attitude towards others such as racism, gay hate, political hate or hating other religions.and many who claim to be christians act this way. And by what your saying God only cares about faith and not sin or how we treat others. Sure Faith is 100% required. So what does faith consist of? just believing? well yeah but if you believe then shouldnt your attitude reflect that desire to be Christ like? was Jesus ever mean to anyone? Sure he got mad and upset but never ugly to others but rather helpful and caring.
Galatians 6:9-10

And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith.

2 Corinthians 11:15

So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.
If this was the case why do we repent? are the 10 commandments not rules for how we should behave as Christians?? If this does not matter then why did God send Moses to the mount to write them??
1 John 2:1-29

My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world. And by this we know that we have come to know him, if we keep his commandments. Whoever says “I know him” but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him, but whoever keeps his word, in him truly the love of God is perfected. By this we may know that we are in him:..
Ephesians 4:32

Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.
Matthew 6:1-4

“Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven.“Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

Proverbs 19:1-29

Better is a poor person who walks in his integrity than one who is crooked in speech and is a fool. Desire without knowledge is not good, and whoever makes haste with his feet misses his way. When a man's folly brings his way to ruin, his heart rages against the Lord. Wealth brings many new friends, but a poor man is deserted by his friend. A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who breathes out lies will not escape....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Texarkana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Crooked Hillary Clinton (Aug '16) 15 min Deplorable 52
Why Do Black Peeps Look Like Apes? (Jan '12) 10 hr Willie Granville 264
News Area activists push to make Dream Act a reality... 10 hr Willie Granville 98
Poll who would be your choice for county judge (Nov '13) Mon Huggy Bear 17
Why don’t Black people tip? Mon None 18
Nash Tx Dec 10 MeSo 4
Dr. Dan Price ??? What happened??? (Dec '09) Dec 9 Brandy Windham 84

Texarkana Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Texarkana Mortgages