Fire destroys Billerica home

Fire destroys Billerica home

There are 4 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Jul 20, 2012, titled Fire destroys Billerica home. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

A ferocious fire, fed by a broken gas line, destroyed a single-family home at 15 Lupine Lane early Friday morning, Fire Capt.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

Resident

United States

#1 Jul 20, 2012
Why were there water supply issues? There are several hydrants within feet of the home. DPW?
Obviously Not

Billerica, MA

#2 Jul 21, 2012
There was a single hydrant across the street and it did not work.
Obviously Not

Billerica, MA

#3 Jul 21, 2012
Plus, it would not have mattered anyway. The fire had a massive head start on the arriving fire crews.
Resident

Lowell, MA

#4 Jul 22, 2012
The firefightersdid a great job containing the fire while they waited for water. It's an unsettling feeling to think that in a town like Billerica, in a neighborhood like this - the firefighters face water issues. It's unacceptable. I watched the entire thing - water was an issue.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tewksbury Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Former Shaw Hospital Birth Records 3 hr Wondering 5
chelmsford does NOT need to have urban characte... Dec 7 Data Entry Worker 3
News Filming of 'The Fighter' begins in Lowell (Jul '09) Dec 5 Bob KA-58 7
Do you remember???? (Jun '08) Dec 5 Wondering 18,393
Jerry DeChristoforo Nov 29 JWF 1
News Friends say ex-Shirley town administrator consu... (Jun '10) Nov 27 Inquiry 63
40B housing keep out of chelmsford! Nov 26 colleenT1958 1

Tewksbury Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tewksbury Mortgages