Mississippi judge jails attorney for not reciting Pledge of Allegiance

Oct 7, 2010 Read more: Santa Cruz Sentinel 2,005
A Mississippi judge jailed a lawyer for several hours for refusing to recite the Pledge of Allegiance, ordering the attorney to "purge himself" of contempt by standing and repeating the oath like the rest of the courtroom. Read more
mustangfan

Bradford, TN

#44 Oct 9, 2010
watchful eye wrote:
^^im white and you two make me feel ashamed.
I'm white and I don't feel ashamed. Color makes no difference in this subject. My best fried is black and proudly served in the army and was wounded and awarded a purple heart.
Friend

Canada

#45 Oct 9, 2010
mustangfan wrote:
<quoted text>I'm white and I don't feel ashamed. Color makes no difference in this subject. My best fried is black and proudly served in the army and was wounded and awarded a purple heart.
It was in response to some derogatory, racial off-topic comments made by 2 posters which have since been removed.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#46 Oct 9, 2010
Friend wrote:
<quoted text> It was in response to some derogatory, racial off-topic comments made by 2 posters which have since been removed.
Are you saying we dont have a right to speak what we feel? If you dont like what is posted dont read it!!!!!
Well Well

United States

#47 Oct 9, 2010
_N0_N33D_T0_T33L_ wrote:
<quoted text>Are you saying we dont have a right to speak what we feel? If you dont like what is posted dont read it!!!!!
That is just a stupid comment, how will I know that I don't like what is posted if I don't read it.

Location hidden

#48 Oct 9, 2010
Well Well wrote:
<quoted text>
That is just a stupid comment, how will I know that I don't like what is posted if I don't read it.
Stupid? Explain that! Most of you cant handle whats said on the net.....I say get the hell off the net if you cant handle it What a shame yall get so offended over little shit
A Need to Tell

United States

#49 Oct 9, 2010
Just like u feel entitled to post others also have a right to their opinion. Do u even read what u r posting, you're contradicting urself. BTW, obviously Topix didn't care for ur comment since the moderators deleted it!!!

Location hidden

#50 Oct 9, 2010
A Need to Tell wrote:
Just like u feel entitled to post others also have a right to their opinion. Do u even read what u r posting, you're contradicting urself. BTW, obviously Topix didn't care for ur comment since the moderators deleted it!!!
Sorry to tell you but none of mine has not been deleted
Alas

Corinth, MS

#51 Oct 9, 2010
law wrote:
we really have freedom our fathers faught for when a judge can lock u up for not talking!!!"freedom of speech???BS
Freedom is a mere word that has been thrown around to create hope or the warm fuzzies to create an illusion that does not exist. an attemp to control the masses when we think we are getting something rare and precious in return.
A Need to Tell

United States

#52 Oct 9, 2010
Like I said do u even pay attention? Ur comments about blacks & crime were deleted!

Location hidden

#53 Oct 9, 2010
A Need to Tell wrote:
Like I said do u even pay attention? Ur comments about blacks & crime were deleted!
Are you stupid??? i didnt make them comments you dumbass!!!! that was somebody else NOW YOU PAY ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!
A Need to Tell

United States

#55 Oct 9, 2010
Ur the dumbass, u did make derogatory comments! But why waste anymore time arguing with someone with such a limited vocabulary which is a major sign of intelligence or lack thereof. I can see how smart u r with terms like cocksmoker & cuss words. BTW, "if u don't like the post then don't read it".

Location hidden

#56 Oct 9, 2010
A Need to Tell wrote:
Ur the dumbass, u did make derogatory comments! But why waste anymore time arguing with someone with such a limited vocabulary which is a major sign of intelligence or lack thereof. I can see how smart u r with terms like cocksmoker & cuss words. BTW, "if u don't like the post then don't read it".
lol you accuse the wrong person then back up. wow man.
A Need to Tell

United States

#57 Oct 9, 2010
I've read this post from the beginning before the comments from this "person" were deleted. I know what I'm talking about. They saved Matt's comment but not theirs. Interesting? Why r they getting so defensive if they didn't say anything derogatory? I'm not backing out of anything, if u want to sit there & incite an argument then have at it. See, didn't have to use profanity to get a point across!:)
proud to live here

AOL

#59 Oct 9, 2010
If he can't pledge the Allegiance to the flag he doesn't belong in an American courtroom He need's to be disbard or spend time in jail to give him time to think about just how good we have it here.
Lucifee

Brooksville, FL

#60 Oct 9, 2010
He can be an American without being coerced into saying something on request. That is what parrots are trained for, not humans.
publicity

Corinth, MS

#61 Oct 9, 2010
why cant we all get along?
publicity

Corinth, MS

#62 Oct 9, 2010
People dont live forever. cant we make the best of the time we do have here. I know its difficult in a small town because people are so fake. I dont say anything here that I would not want the entire world to know. enough fighting. Its plain old.
publicity

Corinth, MS

#63 Oct 9, 2010
I made my point with no cuss words. This thread is sad to say the least.
john

Corinth, MS

#64 Oct 9, 2010
i know 1 lawyer that shouldnt stop till the judge was thrown out or i owned the county!!!!(5th amend)

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#65 Oct 9, 2010
All the folks that whine and complain and say they shouldn't be forced to do something they don't believe in should be sent to live in other Countries that they don't have a choice as to what they believe in, what they wear and what they say.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Mississipp... (Oct '10) Apr 15 Abe Lincon 60
Star Music Thread (Sep '13) Mar '15 -Lily- 14
News Owner of dead horses says he did not mistreat them Dec '14 sickofanimalabusers 1
News 12 accused of being Net predators (Mar '07) Dec '14 simchas 20
Alesha Lindsey Dees/ Matt Dees (Sep '14) Sep '14 wildcat 1
looking for James, Terri, Alesha Lindsey (Sep '14) Sep '14 wildcat 1
Photographer (Jul '14) Jul '14 Knothead 1

Flood Warning for Hinds County was issued at April 21 at 10:05AM CDT

More from around the web

Terry People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]