New Information in Shaw-Tyler Accident

There are new details about the accident that killed Indiana State baseball player Jordan Shaw-Tyler. Terre Haute police confirm alcohol contributed to the accident. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Deb

Martinsville, IL

#1 Dec 15, 2007
Why is it whenever someone looses their life it has to be let known publicly that drugs or alcohol were involved? It is so upsetting to loose a young person why not keep such info private?
Deb

Martinsville, IL

#2 Dec 15, 2007
Is there a way family can keep such info out of papers,news?
Jake

United States

#3 Dec 15, 2007
I don't know why it is such an issue, whether or not this information is in the news. Mr. Shaw-Tyler should not have been consuming of alcohol, and maybe this accident could have been prevented.
jim

League City, TX

#4 Dec 16, 2007
Maybe it's a good thing they put in the paper someone might read it and know how he got the alcohol and will be able to keep other kids from being killed
Ashley

AOL

#5 Dec 16, 2007
Jordan Lee Shaw-Tyler in our hearts forever! We all love and miss you Jordan please be our guardian angel. 18 is a young age to die at but your work was done. R.I.P 12-8-2007
alvie

Terre Haute, IN

#6 Dec 16, 2007
so much for sports leading to correct choices
sad

Huntingdon, PA

#7 Dec 16, 2007
he was young and dont say no one has not done something they shouldnt have because everyone has ...there is more behind the story but it shouldnt be on the news for the family sake..they just lost him and isnt that hard enough...now everyone will look at this the wrong way...he was a great kid just made a bad decision that took his life unfortunatly which is very sad.
alvie

Terre Haute, IN

#8 Dec 16, 2007
he was a drunk driver....period...glad he didn't kill my daughter
jim

League City, TX

#9 Dec 16, 2007
sad wrote:
he was young and dont say no one has not done something they shouldnt have because everyone has ...there is more behind the story but it shouldnt be on the news for the family sake..they just lost him and isnt that hard enough...now everyone will look at this the wrong way...he was a great kid just made a bad decision that took his life unfortunatly which is very sad.
What more can be said I am sure nobody dump the booze in him and after the other accident when the guy killed his girl friend and was drinking he should know better It just goes back to its always someone else fault
ryan

Tampa, FL

#10 Dec 16, 2007
Everyone on here who is saying he shouldnt have been driving drunk , yes thats true, however, putting that information in the paper and online is just cruel . That is personal information and that is something the family should not have to deal with right now. You are out right ignorant for agreeing that that information should be put in the news. And 'sad' is correct, everyone is looking at this the wrong way.
Eliot

Canal Winchester, OH

#11 Dec 16, 2007
Ryan, its all public information. Once the police investigation is complete anybody who wants a copy of the accident report, the followup investigation, coroners report or anything else can walk into the police department, courthouse etc and pick up copies of it.

Now, how can you blame the media for reporting a fatal accident? It was HIS FAULT! Patrece and Mark didn't cause this.

I look at it differently, how dare HE DRIVE DRUNK and crash into someone's front yard where kids might see. You think the cops and EMS on scene feel great after seeing him laying there dead? Thnk how they felt delivering the news to his family. Nobody else caused this but the drunk driver. The only message here is DONT DRIVE DRUNK! How else can we make this point clear in this country?
jim

League City, TX

#12 Dec 17, 2007
ryan wrote:
Everyone on here who is saying he shouldnt have been driving drunk , yes thats true, however, putting that information in the paper and online is just cruel . That is personal information and that is something the family should not have to deal with right now. You are out right ignorant for agreeing that that information should be put in the news. And 'sad' is correct, everyone is looking at this the wrong way.
What do mean looking at it the wrong way driving drunk is illegal driving drunk under ages is illegal Is parents and friends are hurting but getting the word out might save more lives Here a young man who had his life ahead of him he could have went on been a top baseball player be choise to drink and drive no one choise it for him
ME TO

AOL

#13 Dec 17, 2007
ryan wrote:
Everyone on here who is saying he shouldnt have been driving drunk , yes thats true, however, putting that information in the paper and online is just cruel . That is personal information and that is something the family should not have to deal with right now. You are out right ignorant for agreeing that that information should be put in the news. And 'sad' is correct, everyone is looking at this the wrong way.
WHAT IF HE HAD KILLED YOUR CHILD?? BET YOU WOULD BE SINGING A DIFFERENT TUNE THEN...
ME TO

AOL

#14 Dec 17, 2007
IT WAS GODS WAY OF STOPPING HIM BEFORE HE KILLED SOMEONE BY HIS IGNORANCE. DRINKING IS A CHOICE AND HE MADE IT AND HE PAID FOR IT
Susan Paloma

Bethalto, IL

#15 Dec 17, 2007
This is to SAD's comment. You ragged on the newspaper for printing the story, and people on here for talking about it. Yet, you stated there was more to the story. Now, why did you say that? Why did you not keep that private? You just did the same thing you accused others of doing, you put it out there yourself.
jim

League City, TX

#17 Dec 17, 2007
ME TO wrote:
IT WAS GODS WAY OF STOPPING HIM BEFORE HE KILLED SOMEONE BY HIS IGNORANCE. DRINKING IS A CHOICE AND HE MADE IT AND HE PAID FOR IT
It's to bad we don't know who did help but yet another are young people decide to drink and drive after wrecking he decide to take the easy out he jump off the bridge I sure hopes this wakes him up and realize there are plans in his life
ryan

League City, TX

#18 Dec 17, 2007
Im not on here to argue with you people, I see it my way, you see it yours. Besides, without talking to you face to face to explain all of this your not going to understand anyway. I have, however, learned some people in the Terre Haute area don't care for other people's feelings.
ME TO

AOL

#19 Dec 17, 2007
ryan wrote:
Im not on here to argue with you people, I see it my way, you see it yours. Besides, without talking to you face to face to explain all of this your not going to understand anyway. I have, however, learned some people in the Terre Haute area don't care for other people's feelings.
SOUNDS TO ME LIKE YOUR WITH HOLDING EVIDENCE... DID YOU GIVE HIM THE ALCOHOL AND NOW YOU FEEL BAD???????
jim

League City, TX

#20 Dec 17, 2007
ryan wrote:
Im not on here to argue with you people, I see it my way, you see it yours. Besides, without talking to you face to face to explain all of this your not going to understand anyway. I have, however, learned some people in the Terre Haute area don't care for other people's feelings.
Where you driving the white car they may had something to with accident even if their is this doesn't change it he still was driving drunk
Bobbie

Westerville, OH

#21 Dec 17, 2007
putting the information in the newspaper and on the tv, could help others from meeting the same demise. Sad, but maybe will save a life or lives.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terre Haute Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
THPD Shove that Warrant up your ass! 39 min deep derp 3
city street snow removal 39 min Sensible 13
"SNOW" day Monday ? 1 hr model citizen 23
Jeff Stevens 1 hr Sensible 164
Indiana Ranks No 3 as the most Misserable state... 2 hr dogman 8
Raptor for sale 2 hr WDM 3
Union Hospital (Jul '14) 2 hr William 938
Which cop shot the rapist? 5 hr WDM 10
West Terre Haute cat house (Feb '09) 14 hr Wow 72
best teacher in Vigo County? Sat yummy 67

Flood Warning for Vigo County was issued at March 02 at 12:46PM EST

Terre Haute Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Terre Haute People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:55 am PST

CBS Sports 5:55AM
Devon Still tweets that daughter Leah is home after latest treatment
Bleacher Report 8:12 AM
Buzz: Colts Eyeing Trades for Veteran WRs Including Marshall
Bleacher Report 1:40 PM
Wayne Undergoes Surgery on Triceps
NFL 2:44 PM
Reggie Wayne had surgery, mulling Colts future
Bleacher Report 3:30 AM
Bengals' Blueprint for Winning Free Agency