Created by RoadRage on Oct 13, 2010

37 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

RoadRage

League City, TX

#1 Oct 13, 2010
I use a simple practice. When someone cuts me off or does anything aggressive in traffic, I just snap a picture of the tag number. I go home, pull the owners name, and write them a letter that says " Keep in mind Mr Roadrage, I know where you live, I may come over any time of the night while you sleep, and seriously modify your vehicle". I then put it in the mailbox with no return address. I take comfort in the week of sleep he loses watching out his window.

A lot of this road rage comes from people's sense of entitlement. They always have to be first. It doesn't matter if you meet them at the same next light. It doesn't matter if there is no one behind you, they still have to pull out in front of you. Then they drive 200 yards and turn, making you have to stop for them. Squeezing a car in a space between you and the car in front of you when the space is so small you couldn't get peanut butter between them.
A yellow light? Ha ha ha. Speed up before it turns red! Ooops, too late.

A speed LIMIT, means the fastest you can LEGALLY drive, not see how much faster than that you can go. If someone is going too slow for you (meaning if they aren't going 5 miles per hour faster than you), go AROUND. Most roads (unless you live in the sticks) have 4 or more lanes! Why people have to ram up your behind like they're going to push you is beyond me. If I'm passing a driver, then let me pass. I have as much right to do so as you do. When I'm done passing, I'll move back over. But don't push or I'll slow down to a crawl. And yes, I've been known to slam on my brakes to get an idiot off my behind. You deserve it if you can't stay at least a car length away. I owe too much on my car anyway and I have GREAT gap insurance!

And, when I grew up, we had to take the DRIVING test, not just the written test, every two years. Maybe they need to go back to that, because it's quite plain there are too many people on the road that haven't got a clue how to drive a car, or what the manual says.

What people do on the roads today are crazy! Making u-turns anytime - anyplace. Speeding, or going too slow. Cutting people off. Not paying attention to people at the cross walks. I try not to let BAD DRIVERS get to me. If your on your cell-phone or texing, your not really driving your car, your on your cell-phone or texing. Your mind isn't focus 100 % on DRIVING as it should be!

I'm from the Terre Haute area. So what does that tell you?

I try to keep the mind set to (DRIVE FRIENDLY!). I have to remember though I'm not a perfect driver. I try.

"What is the most dangerous part of every car? The lose nut behind the wheel!

http://www.roadragers.com/what-is-road-rage.h...
john

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Oct 13, 2010
RoadRage wrote:
I use a simple practice. When someone cuts me off or does anything aggressive in traffic, I just snap a picture of the tag number. I go home, pull the owners name, and write them a letter that says " Keep in mind Mr Roadrage, I know where you live, I may come over any time of the night while you sleep, and seriously modify your vehicle". I then put it in the mailbox with no return address. I take comfort in the week of sleep he loses watching out his window.
A lot of this road rage comes from people's sense of entitlement. They always have to be first. It doesn't matter if you meet them at the same next light. It doesn't matter if there is no one behind you, they still have to pull out in front of you. Then they drive 200 yards and turn, making you have to stop for them. Squeezing a car in a space between you and the car in front of you when the space is so small you couldn't get peanut butter between them.
A speed LIMIT, means the fastest you can LEGALLY drive, not see how much faster than that you can go. If someone is going too slow for you (meaning if they aren't going 5 miles per hour faster than you), go AROUND. Most roads (unless you live in the sticks) have 4 or more lanes! Why people have to ram up your behind like they're going to push you is beyond me. If I'm passing a driver, then let me pass. I have as much right to do so as you do. When I'm done passing, I'll move back over. But don't push or I'll slow down to a crawl. And yes, I've been known to slam on my brakes to get an idiot off my behind. You deserve it if you can't stay at least a car length away. I owe too much on my car anyway and I have GREAT gap insurance!
And, when I grew up, we had to take the DRIVING test, not just the written test, every two years. Maybe they need to go back to that, because it's quite plain there are too many people on the road that haven't got a clue how to drive a car, or what the manual says.
What people do on the roads today are crazy! Making u-turns anytime - anyplace. Speeding, or going too slow. Cutting people off. Not paying attention to people at the cross walks. I try not to let BAD DRIVERS get to me. If your on your cell-phone or texing, your not really driving your car, your on your cell-phone or texing. Your mind isn't focus 100 % on DRIVING as it should be!
I try to keep the mind set to (DRIVE FRIENDLY!). I have to remember though I'm not a perfect driver. I try.
I bet your the dumb a## that likes to drive slow in the passing lane on 63 for miles before you have to turn off. I'm guessing you are the "lose nut behind the wheel".

“Topix Gunslinger”

Since: Oct 09

Huntingdon, PA

#3 Oct 13, 2010
john wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet your the dumb a## that likes to drive slow in the passing lane on 63 for miles before you have to turn off. I'm guessing you are the "lose nut behind the wheel".
ah I hate that. lol The other day some dumb bitch pulled out (onto 63) right in front of me. Instead of slowing down I hit the gas and went around and she flipped me off when i went around her...like I did something wrong. lol
Chris Willams

United States

#4 Oct 13, 2010
Thats wild u know they have road rage reports in indy on the radio x103 fm and I miss them days
Turk

United States

#5 Oct 13, 2010
i hate that shit, last time someone pulled out in front of me, i fixed their wagon, i bet they wont do it again. of course it cost my old azz in the long run, but i'd do iot again in a heart beat, those young whipper snappers. of course i dont have a badge anymore, damn cops took it away. oh well i showed them didnt i?
retards

Brazil, IN

#6 Oct 14, 2010
so let me get this straight, u stalk them after they cut you off, hahaha, wow, mess with someone's car, yep that is the right thing to do..not. WOW.
thatguy

Terre Haute, IN

#7 Oct 14, 2010
RoadRage wrote:
No you don't.
yes

Chelsea, MI

#8 Oct 14, 2010
I had some big old fat cow on oxygen snap on me. I was pulling into a establishment which had access to a 4 lane road (Ft Harrison). The gentleman (i guess) was driving down the parking lot thru these points. He has a yield sign and refuses to stop while I pull into the lot from Ft Harrison. I stop to avoid collision with the rear end of my vehicle sticking out on Ft Harrison. He starts cussing like a drunken sailor. I tried to explain to him he had to stop because he has to yield to traffic coming off Ft Harrison, hence the signs he blew through. After a couple of mother "blanks" I almost got out and punch the old geezer in his mouth. However cooler head prevailed. Mr foul mouth proceeds down to KFC where he and his fat cow wife ate on some good old white trash food for their white trash selves. I loved it when my kids remarked at the older gentleman's behavior as poorer than the kids they play with at school who throw a fit. Nice one buddy! If you had not been in such a hurry to get to the KFC dirve thru you would have noticed all the yield signs that dot the parking lot at plaza north.
RoadRage

League City, TX

#9 Oct 14, 2010
thatguy wrote:
<quoted text>
No you don't.
Oh yes I do.
kim

Indianapolis, IN

#10 Oct 14, 2010
RoadRage wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes I do.
You should be arrested for stalking and threatening bodily harm and/or property damage. A "man" once followed my daughter and got out at the stoplight and pounded on her window yelling at her to roll it down. She didn't, of course, and he continued following her until she got to her place of employment. She was afraid to get out of her car because he got out and started screaming and pounding on her window and kicked her car. She called for help and the man took off. This was all because he said she cut him off. She said she wasn't even close to him but this guy totally flipped out. Sounds like it could have been YOU! If so, I hope you get some help. You are the one with road rage.
Fed up

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

#11 Oct 15, 2010
I had some fool cut me off and he got called a moron. This guy could read lips and stopped in front of me at 46 and I70. He then comes to my car and put his finger in my face and said i will kick your ass. He got back in his car with a bloody nose!
RoadRage

League City, TX

#12 Oct 15, 2010
Fed up wrote:
I had some fool cut me off and he got called a moron. This guy could read lips and stopped in front of me at 46 and I70. He then comes to my car and put his finger in my face and said i will kick your ass. He got back in his car with a bloody nose!
Good for you
RoadRage

League City, TX

#13 Oct 15, 2010
kim wrote:
<quoted text>
You should be arrested for stalking and threatening bodily harm and/or property damage. A "man" once followed my daughter and got out at the stoplight and pounded on her window yelling at her to roll it down. She didn't, of course, and he continued following her until she got to her place of employment. She was afraid to get out of her car because he got out and started screaming and pounding on her window and kicked her car. She called for help and the man took off. This was all because he said she cut him off. She said she wasn't even close to him but this guy totally flipped out. Sounds like it could have been YOU! If so, I hope you get some help. You are the one with road rage.
Only the one that theaten me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terre Haute Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why taghleef sucks! It's the employees 3 min Hard 13
News Union Hospital is one of the winners of the 201... 8 min Ramsey 3
Ez girls in the wabash valley 35 min TreeBark 2
Gov. Pence 56 min Dem 4
Add A Word / Drop A Word (Nov '10) 1 hr _Zoey_ 4,838
Child Custody Lawyers 1 hr Wondering a bit less 6
Shagley bullying 2 hr Jewish voter 5
new swingers club-terre haute (Nov '12) 2 hr The Real Nathan2015 167
News Terre Haute Municipal Primary Results 3 hr reality 12
congrats for Karrum Nasser 4 hr Northsider 12