Dec 21, 2012-The End?
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ole Lady

Terre Haute, IN

#1 Oct 31, 2012
Okay,so whats everyones opinion on the end of the Mayan calender? Think it means anything? Or does it mean something other than the obvious fear? Something deeper?
Fire Marshal Loudermilk

Fremont, CA

#2 Oct 31, 2012
A Dire WARNING : There Is Something Very Drastic In The Works Your House!

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2012/10/...
Mike

Fremont, CA

#3 Oct 31, 2012
SOmething to look at and wounder?

Nibiru Confirmed By BBC, CNN, Popular Science, Hubble/CIA Insider And Even The Russians!

“Licensed Fool”

Since: May 12

Not laughing with you...

#4 Oct 31, 2012
Look at the calendar in your kitchen. Does it have a last page? The Mayan calendar is no different. It measures time in periods b'ak'tun (144,00 days) The Mayans didn't believe that the world will end on December 21st, 2012. That is just the end of the current b'ak'tun (the 13th b'ak'tun) and the beginning of next (14th).
Giggles

Shepardsville, IN

#5 Oct 31, 2012
I agree with The Comedian. Just never had a chance to make a new set of calenders.
XXX

United States

#6 Oct 31, 2012
Oh come on a bunch of savages in loin cloths chucking spears out in the woods knew the date of the end of the world. But they couldn't see the Europeans coming. Seems to me they should have spent less time staring at the heavens making a calendar and more time inventing a gun so they could make a decent stand. All they could do was get shot, enslaved, and die of smallpox yeah real masters of the universe there.
lovinlife

Terre Haute, IN

#7 Oct 31, 2012
I read up on this myself the Mayans marked that date for the beginning of their new celebration and even if the world does end there is nothing we can do about it no one knows when it will happen but God above
ForTheLove

Terre Haute, IN

#8 Oct 31, 2012
XXX wrote:
Oh come on a bunch of savages in loin cloths chucking spears out in the woods knew the date of the end of the world. But they couldn't see the Europeans coming. Seems to me they should have spent less time staring at the heavens making a calendar and more time inventing a gun so they could make a decent stand. All they could do was get shot, enslaved, and die of smallpox yeah real masters of the universe there.
You are so uneducated XXX. They were hardly savages in loincloths. They were very advanced, in some ways more than we are. When did you drop out of school? 2nd grade?
palmfacing

Fishers, IN

#9 Oct 31, 2012
Archeologists found the continuation of the calendar several months ago. I forgot where they found it, but you can google it.
Giggles

Shepardsville, IN

#10 Oct 31, 2012
lovinlife wrote:
I read up on this myself the Mayans marked that date for the beginning of their new celebration and even if the world does end there is nothing we can do about it no one knows when it will happen but God above
Does God know? I mean he knows there will be an end. But we are picking and choosing what we do and where we go. Not unless we are all puppets. I'm sure God has an idea as to about when. Thats where free will comes in. Just like with the apple God told them do not eat of this tree. They had a choice (we are made in the image of God)(but only human,NOT just like God).We know right from wrong. When they ate the apple they were forbidden from the garden. Their choice caused our lives to be the way they are now.

Now this is our choice, as human kind, WHO will throw the first NUCLEAR Bomb, and when?
XXX

Sullivan, IN

#11 Oct 31, 2012
ForTheLove wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so uneducated XXX. They were hardly savages in loincloths. They were very advanced, in some ways more than we are. When did you drop out of school? 2nd grade?
I'm educated enough to know that their culture is no longer existing. There is no way you can say they are more advanced than us. They couldn't even withstand the Spanish, or small pox. They sacrificed people and treated people of the area in a savage manner. They were so busy inventing a calendar calendar but they couldn't save themselves. You are so educated you are probably educated liberal idiot who can't defend himself either. I mean its so obvious you are right Mayan land still exists to this day doesn't it. I mean the Spanish are probably long extinct according to your vast knowledge. By the way I have a Masters in a real field of study and don't reinvent history to hide the obvious truth. They were savages in loin cloths who chucked spears in the jungle and sacrificed others to a non existent sun god. But damn you must be smart if they tasked almighty you with the task of revising history you liberal A$$hole.
XXX

Sullivan, IN

#12 Oct 31, 2012
We will see who the smart one is and who the idiot is on 12-22-12, but it may not matter since you have been empowered to rewrite history there For The Love.
ForTheLove

Terre Haute, IN

#13 Oct 31, 2012
XXX wrote:
<quoted text> I'm educated enough to know that their culture is no longer existing. There is no way you can say they are more advanced than us. They couldn't even withstand the Spanish, or small pox. They sacrificed people and treated people of the area in a savage manner. They were so busy inventing a calendar calendar but they couldn't save themselves. You are so educated you are probably educated liberal idiot who can't defend himself either. I mean its so obvious you are right Mayan land still exists to this day doesn't it. I mean the Spanish are probably long extinct according to your vast knowledge. By the way I have a Masters in a real field of study and don't reinvent history to hide the obvious truth. They were savages in loin cloths who chucked spears in the jungle and sacrificed others to a non existent sun god. But damn you must be smart if they tasked almighty you with the task of revising history you liberal A$$hole.
I don't need to reinvent history, and I don't need to defend myself to someone like you. You are obviously a right-wing Christian sheep who doesn't know how to think for himself. You don't believe that the Mayan people were advanced but you probably think we all came from two people, Adam and Eve. Forget the facts and focus on your fantasy. Amazing.
ForTheLove

Terre Haute, IN

#14 Oct 31, 2012
I don't believe that the world is going to end in December by the way. I never said that.
Papaw

Clinton, IN

#15 Oct 31, 2012
The Mayans were advanced for the times when they existed. Throughout history most cultures did embrace human sacrifice.
No one really knows what happened to the Mayans. They could have been massacred, annihilated by disease, dispersed due to environmental conditions or just died out... no one knows. One thing is sure, their remnants of their existence did not disappear.
yup

Noblesville, IN

#16 Oct 31, 2012
The calendar has different translations. They all say it will come from the sky... solar flare? Could wipeout the electric grid
XXX

Terre Haute, IN

#17 Oct 31, 2012
ForTheLove wrote:
<quoted text>I don't need to reinvent history, and I don't need to defend myself to someone like you. You are obviously a right-wing Christian sheep who doesn't know how to think for himself. You don't believe that the Mayan people were advanced but you probably think we all came from two people, Adam and Eve. Forget the facts and focus on your fantasy. Amazing.
Funny how you make so many assumptions. Never did I claim any religious beliefs at all the only thing I truly believe is what an idiot you are. You have no logical progression in your thought process and appear to be only educated enough to let your idiocy shine through. But it's been fun debating with such a scholar on world history. I will try in my last sentence to communicate with you in a form you can mentally handle. Run Forest run!!!!!!!
Mmm

United States

#19 Nov 4, 2012
Mike wrote:
SOmething to look at and wounder?
Nibiru Confirmed By BBC, CNN, Popular Science, Hubble/CIA Insider And Even The Russians!
never trust the russians
lovinlife

Terre Haute, IN

#20 Nov 5, 2012
palmfacing wrote:
Archeologists found the continuation of the calendar several months ago. I forgot where they found it, but you can google it.
i read that too
JudgeJudy

Indianapolis, IN

#21 Nov 5, 2012
I know people that really believe this $hit, that the world is ending in Dec., thats why I am not buying Christmas presents till th 13th of Dec.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terre Haute Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kearns dirty prairie Creek low life paid off co... 16 hr Truth spoken 7
Rodney warren 16 hr Suzanne 1
Yesterday at Whopper 16 hr Larry P 2
Donald Trump - No Good For America - No Good Fo... 16 hr The Donald 200
Donn and the beast Michelle Roberts 16 hr Lmao 4
Where are all the places hiring in Terre Haute? 16 hr Flav 5
Ashley Strain 18 hr nunaya 20
Hooker at Honey Creek Middle School (Jan '13) 18 hr Ntheknow 80
Cori Atkinson arrested 21 hr Macho Man 34
More from around the web