youth football vigo county 5th n 6th ...

youth football vigo county 5th n 6th grade

Posted in the Terre Haute Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
concerned citizen

Terre Haute, IN

#1 Jun 27, 2011
REALLY try outs.... when we arrived app. 10 players had already been picked.... so u have 50 + kids out here vying for 3 positions?????? cmon get things together and do things right... u call parents and already put certain kids on the team how fair is that????? u think i didnt notice all the checks of the 10 kids already picked.. im jus sayin there was kids way better than some who made the travel team... jus because u r john sherman james bell and hunters dad doesnt give u the right to pick ur kids....
him roid

AOL

#2 Jun 28, 2011
quit your whining or go try cheerleading
pseudointellectu als suck

Shepardsville, IN

#3 Jun 28, 2011
concerned citizen wrote:
REALLY try outs.... when we arrived app. 10 players had already been picked.... so u have 50 + kids out here vying for 3 positions?????? cmon get things together and do things right... u call parents and already put certain kids on the team how fair is that????? u think i didnt notice all the checks of the 10 kids already picked.. im jus sayin there was kids way better than some who made the travel team... jus because u r john sherman james bell and hunters dad doesnt give u the right to pick ur kids....
I agree, but they just got a lesson about the real world. Most of it is about who you know before you can get your foot in the door. It is pathetic to watch these parents schmoozing and sucking up just to make their kids popular.
bigbabies

Clinton, IN

#4 Jun 28, 2011
doesnt matter none of u parents will ever be happy, u should have thought of that when u were a child, u should have put down the joint and played instead of smoking...get over it
DUCT MAN

Terre Haute, IN

#5 Jun 28, 2011
May we never FORGET----F-YOU- I GOT MINE!!!!
so over it

Terre Haute, IN

#6 Jun 29, 2011
all this is so dramatic
Kenyon

Terre Haute, IN

#7 Dec 11, 2011
I was one of the 10 players picked :)
Th dad

Terre Haute, IN

#8 Feb 8, 2012
Who ever that guy was that punched hunters dad. I wish I could shake your hand.
Do tell

United States

#9 Feb 8, 2012
I didn't hear about this happening!? Who is hunter and why did his dad get punched?
loosy loo

Terre Haute, IN

#10 Feb 10, 2012
Several kids got asked to play on that team but their parents chose not to have them affiliated with James Bell and the like. Team sports are more than just about "all star" teams and "travel" teams. Coaches have a big influence on the kids they coach. I believe that Anthony was the only coach that didn't have a child on the team. So it's not hard to figure out how that season went. The good thing of playing the Indianapolis teams is that the kids got a taste of what playing high school football in Terre Haute will be like. LOSING. Anyway, kudos to those parents.
Chargers4life

Terre Haute, IN

#11 Jul 23, 2012
I want know where north side second, fifth,and seventh practice at time date place anyone please
Football Mom

Terre Haute, IN

#12 Jul 23, 2012
There are 2 Northside 7th grade teams. I know that Coach Bose is practicing at McLean on Tues @ 5:45, not sure about Coach Barnett or the other grades, sorry!
football mom

Terre Haute, IN

#13 Jul 24, 2012
Just curious who's the best coach for the 6th grade south football team? Is it true James Bell can no longer coach and why?
politics

Terre Haute, IN

#15 Jul 25, 2012
Mr. james{3 baby momma's live with him} Bell I heard took some sponser monies. Just saying. But if we had 10 kids running around we might to.
politics

Terre Haute, IN

#16 Jul 25, 2012
No worse than A north coach picking kids all over the city that is already on other teams. Thats what i heard.
ya heard

Terre Haute, IN

#17 Jul 25, 2012
Hey politics, I heard the same thing from someone else. They said their kid started out being on one team and got switched and they didn't even have a clue where they were to take their kid for practice this week. Sad shame the adults can't just follow the rules for once... draft who you draft and be done .. if you are that awesome of a coach you should be able to teach some talent ...
Cheerleader

Terre Haute, IN

#18 Jul 26, 2012
I am just a cheerleader per say on the sidelines but I also agree, the adults should follow the rules.
whitey

Terre Haute, IN

#19 Jul 27, 2012
Listen, it's all about the kids. Every kid should have the right to play. No matter who they are, where they live, or their ability, and I think the draft and picking kids for the all star travel team hurts other kids by making them think they are not good enough.(But what we should tell them is that they are all all stars. Some coaches and parents should stop trying to live out their dream through there kids.) And I thank Ya!
uphill

Terre Haute, IN

#20 Jul 27, 2012
whitey wrote:
Listen, it's all about the kids. Every kid should have the right to play. No matter who they are, where they live, or their ability, and I think the draft and picking kids for the all star travel team hurts other kids by making them think they are not good enough.(But what we should tell them is that they are all all stars. Some coaches and parents should stop trying to live out their dream through there kids.) And I thank Ya!
Yes, lie to them and tell them they are all all stars. After that we should all meet at the 50 yard line and sing cum bah ya.

I'm not for parents living through their kids, but I'm also not for people who have no sense of reality complaining about a subject on which they have no knowledge.

The draft is there to make sure the talent (yes, not every kid is an all star) is spread evenly which gives your kid a better chance at getting playing time.
Every sport has travel teams, it's not that big a deal. That also frees up playing time for other kids while giving the more advanced players a chance to compete against other more talented kids around the area.

Another thing for you whiny parents to realize is, no coach wants to pick up a kid that comes with the extra headache of a pain in the ass parent coaching from the sideline and complaining about every little thing.

Just relax, be supportive and let the kids have fun.
Downhill

Terre Haute, IN

#21 Jul 28, 2012
Most of the kids on the all star team only make the team because of their name not their skills anyways. Just because you weren't good at sports doesn't mean that every kid who didn't make the all star team isn't an all star. It wouldn't be lying to the kids by telling them all they were all stars because in parents opinion their kid should be regardless of the team they are on or not. And the draft was a ripoff because the talent wasn't utilized. Also, don't try to say someone doesn't have knowledge of the subject when you don't know who they are or the part they play.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terre Haute Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cliff Lambert Busted? 5 min Morons 15
Tanoos 14 min Look over shoulder 20
racist plasse outlaws dancing 18 min Race card 3
Cliff Kemper and samantha lane 19 min Angel 6
You ever worn a leather cap? (Jan '17) 34 min White trash name 28
Who likes peanut butter and crackers? (Jun '17) 38 min Duhhhh 17
I found a huge log in the toilet. 40 min Ben Carson 10
danny tanoos in big trouble 45 min Enforcer 5
Jensen Joy (Sep '15) 2 hr Hahahahaha 78
Fennell sentenced and............. 13 hr Know 36