FINZELS MasterTech ever cheat anybody...

FINZELS MasterTech ever cheat anybody else?

Posted in the Terre Haute Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
justadude

Terre Haute, IN

#1 Jan 25, 2010
I take my car to Finzels. Dunno why, it just looked like a nice place with quality cars surrounding it. Im told to check back later in the day. When I check back Im told the car needs head gaskets. 2k, I agree to the work. I get my car back and everything is fine. A week later I talk to the guy that checks cars in at Finzels. He tells me there was nothing wrong with my car except a stuck thermostat. I thought he was joking. He told me to check the bolts on the valve cover if I didnt believe him, they would still be caked with dirt. Sure enough, they were. I approached the Owner..Steve? Finzel. He was irate and borderline scary with his aggressive denial. Oh well, lesson learned, now its my turn. Anyone else?
Sam Brown

League City, TX

#2 Jan 25, 2010
I would never take my vehicles to Mastertech. We take ours to Sir Thomas Automotive. We found them after we took our van to Vigo Dodge. Vigo Dodge tried to rape us for 2 Grand for the same work done at Sir Thomas for 600. Never again will I do business with anyone else but STA.
James

Julian, PA

#3 Jan 25, 2010
After living in Terre Haute for 20 years this is what I've observed/heard.

Finzels: They changed my friends clutch in his 1998 Civic several years ago. About 3 days later he was driving down the road and he heard a boom and his shifter when through the floor. Their response to this was telling my friend he was "racing the car" This is a 1.6L L4 we are talking about here!

Sir Thomas Automotive: I stopped by there and asked for a quote about 4 months ago. They never even called me back. I dont know the owner but I know his son is a dipshit. I wouldnt want him working on my car.

Dons Service Center: I've had them work on 2 of my cars. I found their work to be quite good and not cheap by any means. I guess you get what you pay for. However, last year they told me I had an engine problem that turned out to be the flexplate bolts. I could have wasted $3,000-$4,000

Garvin & Lidster: I've only heard good things but I've never used them myself. Not cheap but what good work is?

Jays Service Center: I went into this place one time to set an appointment. They wanted me to leave my car there from 8:00AM to 4-5:00PM just to look at my brakes?!

Midas: Stay clear of this place.

All American Auto: I havent used these guys myself. But I've heard they are good and cheap.

Id like to hear more about individual experiences with shops in Terre Haute.
trotter for sheriff

United States

#4 Jan 26, 2010
I let Lyman Roberts work on all of my vehicles. Honest, cheap, and knowledgable.
rambo

Terre Haute, IN

#5 Jan 26, 2010
they are a rip off ,they do stuff to your car that it will run right when u pick it up ,then a week or two later it will break down.trust me they know how to rip people off.oh by the way the cars out front that are for sale they belong to customers that wasnt happy with the work the garge done,so the customer refused to pay there for the garge was able to take ownership and sell it for a profit.in one word THIS GARGE IS ONE BIG BEND OVER AND TAKE IT UP THE ASS PLACE.
CRAZY

AOL

#6 Jan 26, 2010
YOU ARE JOKING RIGHT..WOULDNT LE LYMAN WORK ON MY HOT WHEELS
trotter for sheriff wrote:
I let Lyman Roberts work on all of my vehicles. Honest, cheap, and knowledgable.
Terre Haute

Saint Louis, MO

#7 Jan 26, 2010
trotter for sheriff wrote:
Don't you mean that his employees are honest, cheap and reliable....
Just Wondering

West Chester, OH

#8 Jan 26, 2010
I take my vehicles to Edwards Service at 8th and Hulman. Reliable, friendly, honest and fair price. Try them!
citizen

Terre Haute, IN

#9 Jan 26, 2010
They took my car,a very EXPENSIVE car. Replace the head gaskets. incorrectly reassembled it. coolant filled up the oil pan, lost oil pressure. They took it back, "fixed it", then WRECKED IT. This car had a perfect carfax and took me months to find one with a clean record, it doesnt now. I went there, they obviously felt bad but when I pushed for PROPER resolution of the engine issue he became very confrontational. The car was fixed at a local body shop (31,000$ damage). Im happy with the overall outcome but I never received an apology, I wont go back
Enough

Indianapolis, IN

#10 Jan 26, 2010
I hate when shops try to take advantage of me because I am a woman. I took my car to Tire Barn to get new tires. I could see inside the shop from where I was sitting. I saw this guy slightly loosen the lug nuts on the right front tire. He then calls me back and tells me I need a new new wheel hub bearings because you could shake the tire.and the cost would be $600.00 I said yea they do that when the lug nuts are slightly loose. So my husband checked it when I got home and it was fine.
James

Julian, PA

#11 Jan 27, 2010
You people should really post some reviews up on Google of these places. Most people dont bother to check out their auto repair shops. But google is so widespread and well known it would be a good idea. If Finzels took me for $2,000 I would have a review for them on every database known to man.
Judy

League City, TX

#13 Jan 27, 2010
Sycamore Chevy can fix a broken heart.
indeed

Clearfield, PA

#14 Jan 27, 2010
autohouse
John Williams

United States

#15 Jan 27, 2010
I have been happy with Sir Thomas and the work he has done for my cars. Can't complain at all
auto buff

United States

#16 Feb 9, 2010
Finzel would rip off his friends and family if he knew they wouldn't catch him....never never take you car there
Then Again

Du Bois, PA

#17 Feb 9, 2010
auto buff wrote:
Finzel would rip off his friends and family if he knew they wouldn't catch him....never never take you car there
That's odd, I took my vehicle to Finzel's a year or so ago due to a sluggish transmission. I was all set for them to tell me I needed a new transmission and charge me a few thousand to fix it. In fact, they told me I just needed a transmission system flush and a little band tweaking. In and out for about $100. The transmission has performed perfectly ever since.
You Know

Terre Haute, IN

#18 Feb 11, 2010
Finzel's is great! I've been taking my car there for 6 years for regular "check-ups" and never had a problem!
Dont be fooled

Whitestown, IN

#19 Feb 12, 2010
Stay AWAY

Unless you dont care about your car.
Whatever

Terre Haute, IN

#20 Feb 12, 2010
I've taken all of my cars to Finzels. Never had a problem & have always been satisfied with their work.
gettittgirll

United States

#21 Feb 12, 2010
ive been taking my cars to finzels since i was 19 years old, im 23 now and still take my car there because they have never tried to blow smoke up my a*s just because im a lady. i have always gotten a fair price and good work. sir thomas, garvin and lidster, and midas have all treated me terribly and talk to me like im an idiot because they assume im clueless about what needs done to my car...but im not, i know a lot more about vehicles that a lot of girls my age. id recommend finzels to everyone i know!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terre Haute Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brenda Smith 60 yr old arrested for dealing meth 18 min Sad 3
Kelly Lindsey is back! 22 min The Wife 1
Club Soda 26 min Kop 11
Papa Johns Terre Indiana 31 min Life sucks 3
dave winemiller 32 min Sad 29
Top reasons to stay in Terre Haute/Vigo County 35 min Life sucks 20
How many cheaters work at Great Dane in Brazil? (May '14) 43 min Queen 43
Franklin Fennell In Lock Up 1 hr VCSC Patrol 16
Milfs 3 hr Nasty hoe 23
Anyone. Know FIFI Natalie Wood 3 hr I know her 45