Clark County Illinois Sheriff

Posted in the Terre Haute Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
marshall resident

Clearfield, PA

#1 Jan 15, 2010
Why is no one opposing Sheriff Parsley? Can he not br beat?
Tracey Parker

Punxsutawney, PA

#2 Jan 15, 2010
He is the golden child of law enforncement for the county- he has been groomed for this job since the day he started- he has his 20 on the road- he will be sheriff for as long as he wants- why would we want anyone else at all- or tell me someone who is more qualified to be our sheriff
Donald Hyde

Newark, NJ

#3 Jan 15, 2010
Herb Jones for Sheriff!
marshall resident

Clearfield, PA

#4 Jan 16, 2010
Tracey Parker wrote:
He is the golden child of law enforncement for the county- he has been groomed for this job since the day he started- he has his 20 on the road- he will be sheriff for as long as he wants- why would we want anyone else at all- or tell me someone who is more qualified to be our sheriff
Well, he is very well qualified.
law supporter

United States

#5 Jan 16, 2010
Jerry Parsley knows what the hell he is doing. He knows every backroad and lane in Clark County. He is an expert marksman. He is brave and would do anything he could to help and protect any person that needed it. I went to school with Jerry and I worked with Jerry and he would put his life on the line for me and I would do the same for him. Anyone is welcome to file and run. Nobody chose too, and that is fine with me. I would vote for Jerry ANY day.
Earl Pitts American

United States

#6 Jan 16, 2010
law supporter wrote:
Jerry Parsley knows what the hell he is doing. He knows every backroad and lane in Clark County. He is an expert marksman. He is brave and would do anything he could to help and protect any person that needed it. I went to school with Jerry and I worked with Jerry and he would put his life on the line for me and I would do the same for him. Anyone is welcome to file and run. Nobody chose too, and that is fine with me. I would vote for Jerry ANY day.
He seems like a nice enough guy. Doesn't strike me as real go-getter or proactive kind of guy, but with a department that small it's probably difficult.

As much money as is forked out in property taxes you'd think we'd be able to afford a larger staff. I'm just baffled by where all the money goes.
Marshall Resident

Trenton, NJ

#7 Jan 17, 2010
Quite honestly, I doubt if there is anybody in the county that could beat Jerry!! And I doubt even more there is anyone qualified, unless it would be his predecessor Dan Crumrin......and Dan has had his day in the sun, drawing a nice pension most likely. Democrats don't have anyone that can stand up and come close to Jerry!
Not So Sure

United States

#8 Jan 17, 2010
Marshall Resident wrote:
Quite honestly, I doubt if there is anybody in the county that could beat Jerry!! And I doubt even more there is anyone qualified, unless it would be his predecessor Dan Crumrin......and Dan has had his day in the sun, drawing a nice pension most likely. Democrats don't have anyone that can stand up and come close to Jerry!
There are certainly a few folks living within the county that are qualified (probably over qualified), but I would seriously doubt any would want to work for such a paltry salary. all the while being hogtied by the low operating budget with which to work. Not a very appealing job for those with a clue. Luckily Jerry does seem dedicated to the community.
MAGNET

Troy, IL

#9 Jan 18, 2010
On top of his qualifications and dedication to the community, he has surrounded himself with a proactive, dedicated, intelligent cadre of deputies and correction officers.
Clark County Resident

United States

#10 Jan 18, 2010
Stay out of our business, Hoosier. You have problems with your own law enforcement. We're doing just fine over here, thank you. Jerry has the support of the entire county. Keep your meth labs across the border.
MAGNET

Troy, IL

#11 Jan 18, 2010
Clark County Resident wrote:
Stay out of our business, Hoosier. You have problems with your own law enforcement. We're doing just fine over here, thank you. Jerry has the support of the entire county. Keep your meth labs across the border.
I think we should all just try to get along. After all, we are neighbors, and the Bible says to love thy neighbor. And the last time I checked, this is Terre Haute, Indiana Topix Forum. Hello?
marshall resident

Clearfield, PA

#12 Jan 19, 2010
Probably one of the best Clark County has ever had.
Kenny

Tyrone, PA

#13 Jan 19, 2010
marshall resident wrote:
Probably one of the best Clark County has ever had.
Jerry is an alright guy, i heard he hired his own daughter on staff!! Hmmm Wonder if he thought about taking applications!!! Also there is this one guy that keeps getting in trouble & they keep letting him out!!! I heard he has alot of medical problems and they don't want to pay for his medical and medicines while in jail!!!!!
Marshall Resident

Whiting, IN

#14 Jan 20, 2010
Kenny wrote:
<quoted text> Jerry is an alright guy, i heard he hired his own daughter on staff!! Hmmm Wonder if he thought about taking applications!!! Also there is this one guy that keeps getting in trouble & they keep letting him out!!! I heard he has alot of medical problems and they don't want to pay for his medical and medicines while in jail!!!!!
Well, if he did hire his own daughter, without taking apps, he is just following in the mayors hiring practices!! Smith hired his nephew w/out taking apps......S.O.P. on this side of the river.........
Inmate

Marshall, IL

#15 Apr 9, 2010
He did hire his daughter and she gets all kinds of special treatment. I was in there for a short time and she was the turnkey. They usually take the inmates out for at least one cigarette a day but not when she is working. Daddy doesnt trust her alone outside with 6-7 thugs at a time. There was one time a guy called her a bitch for not taking us out and sure enough here comes jerry ranting and raving about never letting us have cigs again if the person that said it didnt appologize. I say if you cant take verbal abuse you shouldnt be working in a jail. She is lucky someone didnt piss in a cup and throw it in her face!
Dudley

League City, TX

#16 Apr 9, 2010
Inmate wrote:
He did hire his daughter and she gets all kinds of special treatment. I was in there for a short time and she was the turnkey. They usually take the inmates out for at least one cigarette a day but not when she is working. Daddy doesnt trust her alone outside with 6-7 thugs at a time. There was one time a guy called her a bitch for not taking us out and sure enough here comes jerry ranting and raving about never letting us have cigs again if the person that said it didnt appologize. I say if you cant take verbal abuse you shouldnt be working in a jail. She is lucky someone didnt piss in a cup and throw it in her face!
That's why they should not hire relatives.
Righto

United States

#17 Apr 9, 2010
Inmate wrote:
And you're all lucky you weren't executed for your crimes.
to inmate

Rockton, IL

#18 Apr 10, 2010
First off about Jerry hiring his daughter and your issues with her: You are lucky you weren't in Vigo County Jail. You get NO cigarettes the entire time you are in there. Jerry is nice enough to let you go out for one a day, if you guys can't be thankful for that kindness then tough. They don't HAVE to let you have any smokes while you are in JAIL. You don't like it, don't go back there. If you did wanted to disrespect a jail officer (male or female) in here you would be stuffed in the hole for as long as they see fit to keep you there. If you want to get stupid with them about that you can expect to wind up on the losing end of some physical force (their discretion).

Secondly, what this post is about: Sheriff Parsley. As someone that has had the pleasure of knowing Jerry for over a decade and also being a cop I can tell you he is a top notch cop. When he was a Sgt I had the pleasure to ride with him and I cannot begin to list all the great qualities he taught me. He is a very proactive street cop while still being level-headed and fair when dealing with situations. Tactically, he has wealth of knowledge to help teach any current and knew deputies and guide them to keep themsleves and county residents as safe as possible.

I've known many a "jailbird" in my time and most every person I talk to over there agrees JP is a top notch cop who doesn't take anything from anyone, but he is a genuine good man as well. I would agree with an above post that there isn't anyone better working in LE in Clark Co. to lead the SD at this time. I know a couple city cops that might be able to take the reigns when Jerry steps aside, but they have some big, distinguished boots to fill.
Inmate

Valdosta, GA

#19 Apr 11, 2010
1. I have nothing bad to say about parsley except for the fact that he hired his daughter. Im not going to disagree that he is a good person. He is a bad ass and i would not mess with him thats for sure. I just do not agree that his daughter with zero experience is working in his jail.

2. You cant compare Vigo county jail to clark county jail. There are many thing in vigo you get to do that you cant do in Clark county. They have TVs in vigo, not in clark. They let you outside for rec time in vigo, not in clark. The only chance the inmates in clark county have to see the outside is their 5 minute smoke break and when that is taken away because parsleys little girl cant handle it, it is going to piss some people off. and considering the people she is dealing with(inmates) i would expect a name or two to be directed her way. I dont have a problem with her either, She just wouldnt make it in a real jail without her father, simple as that.
Inmate

Valdosta, GA

#20 Apr 11, 2010
one more thing.. i dont care what county you are if i call a CO a bitch and "wind up on the losing end of some physical force" without getting physical myself then that county will for sure be on the losing end of a civil lawsuit. Name calling does not constitute physical force. sorry bout ya.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terre Haute Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Censor Alert. Loudermilk Front Page News? 6 min Sensible 25
Which cop shot the rapist? 18 min Sensible 25
Stuffed animals (Oct '13) 36 min Wish I could help 3
Jeff Stevens 53 min concerned1234 201
Powerdyne doesn't have a California deal 2 hr nose 6
Raptor for sale 2 hr the dean 21
Klepts restaurant 4 hr MrBraunstone 4
"SNOW" day Monday ? Tue WDM 25
Terre Haute Dating
Find my Match