Vigo County to Lose More Than $2 Mill...

Vigo County to Lose More Than $2 Million In Property Tax

Posted in the Terre Haute Forum

Truth-Hurts

Terre Haute, IN

#1 Jan 10, 2013
http://indianapublicmedia.org/news/vigo-count...

The city of Terre Haute is set to lose as much as two-to-three million more dollars in property tax revenue after the county’s assessments came in 7 percent lower than last year. The head of the state’s assessor’s association says a change in the state’s overall assessment process may be partly to blame.

Vigo County finished its assessments later than most counties – getting data to the state just before the end of 2012. So leaders now have less time to plan for where to find the missing cash.

Terre Haute Mayor Duke Bennett says the calculations have left experts perplexed and officials trying to avoid blame.
Nathan

Fayetteville, GA

#2 Jan 10, 2013
Why would this surprise anyone??..the whole county is a low-class Dump....
Truth-Hurts

Terre Haute, IN

#3 Jan 10, 2013
Nathan wrote:
Why would this surprise anyone??..the whole county is a low-class Dump....
Got me, however the "experts" are perplexed.
Truth-Hurts

Terre Haute, IN

#4 Jan 10, 2013
I'm wondering if those who bought big fancy homes and are now underwater in their mortgages, just found out how much they're really under the water. I live in an average home, not underwater, and mine went up nearly 10 thousand.
Get Real

Terre Haute, IN

#5 Jan 10, 2013
Truth-Hurts wrote:
I'm wondering if those who bought big fancy homes and are now underwater in their mortgages, just found out how much they're really under the water. I live in an average home, not underwater, and mine went up nearly 10 thousand.
My assessment went up $11,200.00? So called improvements...
figures

Terre Haute, IN

#6 Jan 10, 2013
House went down in value, property went up in value. Figures, same property I have always had(city lot).
Grand Idea

Schaumburg, IL

#7 Jan 12, 2013
Maybe they need to reduce the size of the fire departments and get rid of the over priced ambulances that look like a semi....maybe they should expose Derreck Scott as the loser he is and put his salary towards the 2 million short fall. My advice is free Mayor.

“I Work”

Since: Dec 12

Terre Haute

#8 Jan 12, 2013
Grand Idea wrote:
Maybe they need to reduce the size of the fire departments and get rid of the over priced ambulances that look like a semi....maybe they should expose Derreck Scott as the loser he is and put his salary towards the 2 million short fall. My advice is free Mayor.
I'll do it !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terre Haute Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Let's start a good post 6 min Heather 6
Who are wsk 7 min Dose 7
Where can I get LSD? 11 min singing hare krishna 2
Chaise Kohl 28 min Smh 1
VCSC salary date update (Jul '15) 57 min Xxx 13
News Trial date set for Terre Haute man accused of c... 1 hr Yeppp 2
Most powerful politician in Terre Haute (Nov '12) 1 hr Fireaxe Angels 28
Dr Tanoos may be retiring 2 hr last 71
Precinct Filings - Here’s Why 3 hr last 19
Can't Trust Union Hospital 4 hr EMS 69