Posted in the Terre Haute Forum

att

Brazil, IN

#1 Oct 8, 2010
ask hobie roberts
104 Member

United States

#2 Oct 8, 2010
I'm in the American Legion Post 104 most every day, and everyday Joe Cruse enters the bar room and he IS NOT A MEMBER. He is going to get our great club (104) closed down.
He never signs in he just goes to the bar and orders his regular cocktail..
He was told several years ago that he was not a member and could not enter the Club.
The Commander should take action regarding this matter, and soon.
We are just one phone call away for a major problem.
Joe drinks and drives (DRUNK) everyday and I mean EVERY DAY.
Harper

Clearwater, FL

#3 Oct 10, 2010
Let me get this right. You want this guy kept out before he gets the place closed down right? Well if they are closed down then a lot of people drinking and driving will be off the road right? You have to use logic sometimes. Try it on one of the days you are not "in there almost every day" it just may make sense. Good job Commander you have a plan there. News Flash: Drinking and driving is against the law people.
Cledus

Yorktown, VA

#4 Oct 10, 2010
Harper wrote:
News Flash: Drinking and driving is against the law people.
No.... drinking & then driving is not against the law, get your schit straight.
Harper

Clearwater, FL

#5 Oct 10, 2010
I do not argue with ignorance Cledus. And you are ignorant on the subject. Bye.
Harper

Clearwater, FL

#6 Oct 10, 2010
Joe Cruse thanks for the help in getting some of the drunk drivers off the roads that are killing people. By you being named on here it really brings attention to the problem. It even singled out a local establishment. Should the establishment still serve him if he is in such a bad condition? Who is responsible after he is served and leaves in a bad condition as described? Joe may have very well saved a childs life and do not even know it. Go to rehab and then pat yourself on the back for what has been brought to light for the good people of Terre Haute. Perhaps the police will start monitoring and prevent a future death. Again 104 Poster you have done a good deed for your city bringing this to light. I for one appreciate it as most parents etc. do. God Bless Joe and 104 Poster.
Cledus

Yorktown, VA

#7 Oct 10, 2010
Harper wrote:
I do not argue with ignorance Cledus. And you are ignorant on the subject. Bye.
Sheese.........I'll type really really slow so that even you can follow along. You reference a person who goes to an establishment, orders a drink, drinks it, & then drives. This is not illegal, period!

Now, carry on with your childish name calling, you epitomize Terre Haute's slogan..."a level above".
lyman roberts jr

Brazil, IN

#8 Oct 10, 2010
ask hobie y he got post 346 sued
Harper

Clearwater, FL

#9 Oct 10, 2010
Once again Cletus you are ignorant on the subject. Reread and you will see I did no name calling. Oh, you can read right? Joe could probably help you with that. Call him. Bye.
Harper

Clearwater, FL

#10 Oct 12, 2010
Anybody seen Joe lately? Tell him and 104 member thanks again for helping protect the public.
TEd

AOL

#11 Oct 14, 2010
This proves why Terre Haute sucks. 104-a bunch of dumbshits who pay a membership to belong, then are a boring lot of overage morons that are narrow minded and will not accept new ideas. Close down all the lodges in Terre Haute. It is killing the economy. Do you guys get it?
Harper

Clearwater, FL

#12 Nov 11, 2010
Just wanted to see how things are going for you folks. I hope all is well. Tell Joe and the gang hi for me. Cleatus, you be the man!
Why

Terre Haute, IN

#13 Feb 21, 2011
104 Member wrote:
I'm in the American Legion Post 104 most every day, and everyday Joe Cruse enters the bar room and he IS NOT A MEMBER. He is going to get our great club (104) closed down.
He never signs in he just goes to the bar and orders his regular cocktail..
He was told several years ago that he was not a member and could not enter the Club.
The Commander should take action regarding this matter, and soon.
We are just one phone call away for a major problem.
Joe drinks and drives (DRUNK) everyday and I mean EVERY DAY.
I am a bartender at a local legion, and if someone is not a member and no member signs him in, then he doesnt get served. If he gets irrate, call the police. If the legion gets into trouble for allowing a non-member to be served, the bartender who is serving him will also be responsible for it!!
local

League City, TX

#14 Feb 21, 2011
I've been to the 104 during a birthday party for a friend in the back room. They were very adamant when I asked for a beer in the front bar that I could not be served. I then had a member buy the beer for me. Best I know Joe is a member of the 104.
Morbidly Obese

Terre Haute, IN

#15 Feb 21, 2011
Why wrote:
<quoted text>I am a bartender at a local legion, and if someone is not a member and no member signs him in, then he doesnt get served. If he gets irrate, call the police. If the legion gets into trouble for allowing a non-member to be served, the bartender who is serving him will also be responsible for it!!
I think all of you legion drunks take each other and your "clubs" too seriously. Sign in...For what? The only reason to go there is to get drunk and NOT get hassled by the ISP,they dont touch the legions.
Why

Terre Haute, IN

#16 Feb 24, 2011
Morbidly Obese wrote:
<quoted text>I think all of you legion drunks take each other and your "clubs" too seriously. Sign in...For what? The only reason to go there is to get drunk and NOT get hassled by the ISP,they dont touch the legions.
The legion members pay a membership fee to go there. We sacraficed our lives for YOUR freedom. I am very proud to be a Legion MEMBER who not only paid my Legion DUES to be a MEMBER of this club, but I have also paid my dues to society. It is only fair if someone is NOT a member of the Legion, then they need to be signed in by a member; or better yet pay their membership dues.
Member too

Dallas, TX

#17 Feb 24, 2011
I agree that our current & past military members should be regarded highly. Thanks to all branches of the military ! I do, however fail to see how a private drinking club honors them. While some of the posts sponsor events that benefit our community they are just another bar with the same old drama. While some participants do their utmost to contribute financially by consuming many beverages, the bar still needs to generate an income to cover the post's large overhead. The dozen or so regulars can't manage that without some other contributors. Why try to be exclusive ? Welcome patrons whether or not they are military & be glad that they spend money in your establishment. You don't see retail merchants turning away customers. Show some business sense & you will have your post to enjoy rather than go belly up
truthful

State College, PA

#18 Feb 25, 2011
Member too wrote:
I agree that our current & past military members should be regarded highly. Thanks to all branches of the military ! I do, however fail to see how a private drinking club honors them. While some of the posts sponsor events that benefit our community they are just another bar with the same old drama. While some participants do their utmost to contribute financially by consuming many beverages, the bar still needs to generate an income to cover the post's large overhead. The dozen or so regulars can't manage that without some other contributors. Why try to be exclusive ? Welcome patrons whether or not they are military & be glad that they spend money in your establishment. You don't see retail merchants turning away customers. Show some business sense & you will have your post to enjoy rather than go belly up
I will answer your question honestly which may offend some, but it's just an honest reply. We go to those places because we like being around people who can relate to what we have been through. There are lots of things happening besides just being a bar. But, even if it's just a bar for some, we can keep out the politically correct idiots, the draft dodgers, the liberal cowards that we have no use for that earlier in our lifetimes were calling us baby killers. We don't have to worry about some panzy crying about a wiff of smoke. That's the short, direct answer.
Member too

Chicago, IL

#19 Feb 25, 2011
I see your point. Wouldn't it be great if we could segregate multiple sections of town in similar fashion so the priveleged could avoid the offensive elements.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terre Haute Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mara Bennett 2 min BullCrap 13
Terre Haute North Baseball Coach 7 min Coach 10
Dedicate A Song 30 min Trista 20
News Remember to leave the pets at home if youa re h... 1 hr TH Resident 2
Who has the best female body in town 1 hr Skippy 28
Who snitching (Jun '13) 1 hr Maxter 94
Parke County Sheriff Department SUCKS (Mar '10) 1 hr good girl 16
wtwo channel 2 (Jun '14) 10 hr roadmap 51
More from around the web

Personal Finance