Frosty

United States

#101 Feb 15, 2010
ohhhhh wrote:
<quoted text>guess one of his sister's will be matron they would know the enter workings then they could get bell and scott for pr work
That's funny stuff right there!
realtruth

Terre Haute, IN

#102 Feb 15, 2010
I heard on friday that EWING was so paniced about another canidate jumping in the race, that he borrowed a set of handcuffs and went on a search warrant with some Detectives. I heard he called the news media and let them in on it, then he walked around the neighborhood knocking on doors telling people he was there to clean up thier neighborhood. Desperate times call for desperate measures. By the way how many times has he done that in the last 18 years? Truth is he has no idea how to get a search warrant or an arrest warrant. Some law Enforcement officer!!!!!!!!! Hell if he knocked on my door i'd though he was there to fix my computer.
realtruth

Terre Haute, IN

#103 Feb 15, 2010
Mack wrote:
So if this is about the "Sheriff's Race" then let's talk about ALL of the candidates. What good or bad can you say about the rest????
You have Tim Gossett. Hmmmm. He's a nice guy, been on the Sheriff's Dept for a long time, is a resident of the county. I could say more but I don't really want to start bashing him due to lack of commitment to the race on his part so far!
You have Greg Ewing. Best known for his "Crime Stopper's" gig on WTHI. Other than that, he's been on the Sheriff's Dept for a while, riding the coat tails of this administration and past administrations, he's a nice guy, but how much "Real" experience does he have? What can HE bring to the county that would make it better and that is DIFFERENT from any other past Sheriff? So far I have heard NOTHING from him or his campaign. But in all honesty, I would NOT vote for him from what I have already seen and/or heard.
You have Denzel Lewis. HAHAHAHA ok sorry, but that is FUNNY! Are you serious Denzel, are you REALLY throwing your name in the hat? I say that, because I have heard from his own mouth in the past and from some of his friends, "when he thought about mayoral racing" that he was going to bring "Bubba the Love Sponge, Hulk Hogan, and a Playboy Play Mate" to town to help him campaign. That wouldn't suprise me, since he brags about knowing and being friends with the above people. But we don't need a circus in town and sure don't need a CLOWN running the Sheriff's Department. Yes Denzel, you helped with the Drug Task Force and have made a difference, but you DON'T have what it takes to be a Sheriff. So stay where you are and lets get the HIGH VOLUME of meth addicts/dealers/cookers out of our community! Plus, you are CLOSE to retirement, so retire and move to Florida and work for Bubba!
You have Jeff Trotter. He has been a Police Officer on THPD for close to 20 years, he was an assistant Police Chief under the Anderson Administration "Which WAS better than Burkes BY FAR!" He is an incredibly nice guy, family oriented, and dedicated to his profession, friends, and family.
Let the race begin...
Since you seem to be so smart you should run. Oh thats right you're the same person that hides behind a contribed screen name. by the way, has that baby been born yet?
Reserve Deputy

United States

#104 Feb 15, 2010
realtruth wrote:
I heard on friday that EWING was so paniced about another canidate jumping in the race, that he borrowed a set of handcuffs and went on a search warrant with some Detectives. I heard he called the news media and let them in on it, then he walked around the neighborhood knocking on doors telling people he was there to clean up thier neighborhood. Desperate times call for desperate measures. By the way how many times has he done that in the last 18 years? Truth is he has no idea how to get a search warrant or an arrest warrant. Some law Enforcement officer!!!!!!!!! Hell if he knocked on my door i'd though he was there to fix my computer.
Your are dead on he is a pencil pusher.
A (Remington Raider) He's a big dounut at best.

Since: Feb 10

Terre Haute, IN

#105 Feb 15, 2010
Where to begin....

First of all, this forum is overstocked with morons and nincompoops. Probably 85% of the posters on this forum are cops who have their own personal "dog" in the fight?

Who cares who owns the bus. I want to speak with the guy that chose that herendous baby blue paint scheme.

Convicted felons working on a campaign...well...if he isnt convicted he ought to be. Its no wonder Blockbuster had to close the north store, as many priated DVDs as that guy sells.

I happen to like Bubba the Love Sponge, and Hulk Hogan, Brutus the Barber Beefcake, Andre the Giant, Jake the Snake Roberts, and playmates for that matter, but are these really political issues?

So the old Disc Jockey spins his last record, or has he? Is he spinning the old 45 or is he spinning into a State Rep. candidacy? Now his station manager is opting for the primetime airtime. Play me a good song because we're tired of the same old playlist.

Merv running for Sheriff too huh? Rumor at best as of now, but you can't be serious! We all have the deepest sypmathy for your loss and we all have frustrations about that investigation or lack thereof, but frustration with mismanaged investigations doesnt qualify anyone to collect my tax dollars and run the show.

Get the point yet? None of these are legitimate issues to consider. Bring on the debates! Tell me what you see is wrong with the sheriffs dept, tell me why its wrong, tell me how youre going to fix it. Tell me your stance on the issues because we deserve to know. Tell me why you are the best fit for the job, not why the other guy, or gal, isnt.

Most of us here know why certain candidates are unfit for the job, whether it be an entire career without any tangible experience, whether its a poor work ethic, whether its entitlement, or whether its merely to oust the next guy. So keep it clean and keep it on track with the issues. We all saw enough crocodile tears when our old tubby buddy Burke left dragging his soaked crying towel behind, the voters have had enough.

P.S. Isnt Chris Sabian a character in the movie NEGOTIATOR??? GOT YA!!!!
What He Said

United States

#106 Feb 15, 2010
Well said. Someone mentioned it before, but I want to hear what each candidate is going to do, why it needs to be done, how it's going to be financed, and a timeline to get it done. I want specifics, not just generic bullet points.

Leave the personal slams out of it.
Danny

United States

#108 Feb 15, 2010
Sheriff Bart wrote:
Where to begin....
First of all, this forum is overstocked with morons and nincompoops. Probably 85% of the posters on this forum are cops who have their own personal "dog" in the fight?
Who cares who owns the bus. I want to speak with the guy that chose that herendous baby blue paint scheme.
Convicted felons working on a campaign...well...if he isnt convicted he ought to be. Its no wonder Blockbuster had to close the north store, as many priated DVDs as that guy sells.
I happen to like Bubba the Love Sponge, and Hulk Hogan, Brutus the Barber Beefcake, Andre the Giant, Jake the Snake Roberts, and playmates for that matter, but are these really political issues?
So the old Disc Jockey spins his last record, or has he? Is he spinning the old 45 or is he spinning into a State Rep. candidacy? Now his station manager is opting for the primetime airtime. Play me a good song because we're tired of the same old playlist.
Merv running for Sheriff too huh? Rumor at best as of now, but you can't be serious! We all have the deepest sypmathy for your loss and we all have frustrations about that investigation or lack thereof, but frustration with mismanaged investigations doesnt qualify anyone to collect my tax dollars and run the show.
Get the point yet? None of these are legitimate issues to consider. Bring on the debates! Tell me what you see is wrong with the sheriffs dept, tell me why its wrong, tell me how youre going to fix it. Tell me your stance on the issues because we deserve to know. Tell me why you are the best fit for the job, not why the other guy, or gal, isnt.
Most of us here know why certain candidates are unfit for the job, whether it be an entire career without any tangible experience, whether its a poor work ethic, whether its entitlement, or whether its merely to oust the next guy. So keep it clean and keep it on track with the issues. We all saw enough crocodile tears when our old tubby buddy Burke left dragging his soaked crying towel behind, the voters have had enough.
P.S. Isnt Chris Sabian a character in the movie NEGOTIATOR??? GOT YA!!!!
Don't forget me I was in the Negotiator too! GOT YA!!!
Mack

AOL

#109 Feb 15, 2010
realtruth wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you seem to be so smart you should run. Oh thats right you're the same person that hides behind a contribed screen name. by the way, has that baby been born yet?
Baby??? You tell me, did you're Old Lady pop it out yet? lol

Since: Feb 10

Terre Haute, IN

#110 Feb 15, 2010
Lt. Danny Roman, yes we remember the young and the old "characters"
Keeping it Honest

Terre Haute, IN

#111 Feb 15, 2010
But we also need to see the past work history of all these candidates. What have they done to improve the public safety in their departments and for the citizens. Not inflated hype.

Past performance in whatever capacity is a sure indicator of what we can expect from them in the future. It shows a history of what type of action (or inaction) to expect. Not just the make any promise, deal or say anything to get elected.

And yes, that includes associations (personal, professional, friends and allies). Including those that they consider important enough to include/ rely on in their campaign's workings.

My guide post is this, if the candidates themselves or those they depend on to run the campaign are of such a character that I wouldn’t have them in my house to eat dinner with my family, why would we want that candidate for the highest law enforcement position in the county?

A position where their character will guide them with very little recourse for the average citizen beyond the next election.

A position responsible for the protection of 100,000+ citizens, 380+ square miles of property, a court house, operating a jail and a juvenile center. All this with 30+ deputies and 40+ corrections officers and several civilian employees.

WE can’t afford to put a candidate in that office that has a questionable background, so so experience, has no information what the position is responsible for, how or what the problems facing the Office of Sheriff are, can't spell "Sheriff” or simply has big dreams with no idea how to accomplish them.

We NEED the best candidate.
No way

United States

#112 Feb 15, 2010
Greg Ewing is not the best candidate, he's just another one that was willed the job, Lets stop the I will take it this time and you can run the next time,
Even Marvel things Ewing need some road time.
I don't think Greg has any finger prints from shuffle paper all day long.
Keeping you honest

Terre Haute, IN

#113 Feb 15, 2010
No way wrote:
Greg Ewing is not the best candidate, he's just another one that was willed the job, Lets stop the I will take it this time and you can run the next time,
Even Marvel things Ewing need some road time.
I don't think Greg has any finger prints from shuffle paper all day long.
Why are you targeting Greg Ewing?
I see you knocking him down.
But why are you not building up your choice?
Who is your choice and why is he/she better?
Objectively, not subjective.
Greeneyes

AOL

#114 Feb 16, 2010
I don't want a wanna be super star, steroid using, womanizing, cheating, dirty cop like Denzel Lewis as Sheriff. He's such a POS!

I also don't want a swinger "Gossett" as Sheriff either.

Who's this Cross chick? Don't need a woman's touch and you can't call me sexist cause I am a woman...

Trotter or Ewing but from what i've seen in politics especially county, they need a change of mentality from the good ol' boy system and need things shaken up from the top down or it's going to keep getting worse and worse. Just look at who the current Sheriff put back in, Jenkins... Now THAT GUY is a HUGE dissapointment and a Joke. So I guess i'll be voting for Trotter. We need a NON COUNTY candidate running the Sheriff's Dept. TIME FOR A CHANGE!
Maybe Not

United States

#115 Feb 16, 2010
Yeah, that "change" thing really worked out on the Presidential and Mayoral levels. Not!
Change is a comin

Philipsburg, PA

#116 Feb 16, 2010
realtruth wrote:
I heard on friday that EWING was so paniced about another canidate jumping in the race, that he borrowed a set of handcuffs and went on a search warrant with some Detectives. I heard he called the news media and let them in on it, then he walked around the neighborhood knocking on doors telling people he was there to clean up thier neighborhood. Desperate times call for desperate measures. By the way how many times has he done that in the last 18 years? Truth is he has no idea how to get a search warrant or an arrest warrant. Some law Enforcement officer!!!!!!!!! Hell if he knocked on my door i'd though he was there to fix my computer.
I heard that too. They were searching for someone and when they found him Greg made sure that the media was there to see him handcuff the guy....funny thing he did not show up til all was said and done...
Peter North

Terre Haute, IN

#117 Feb 16, 2010
Keeping you honest wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you targeting Greg Ewing?
I see you knocking him down.
But why are you not building up your choice?
Who is your choice and why is he/she better?
Objectively, not subjective.
Because once again I dont see a clear frontrunner, I agree. They all have their sucky points. Greg Ewing, probably one of the finest people in county government, is tied to that rotten dept.,and before you start, let me just say one thing, JIM JENKINS.Marvel and years of inept leadership have cost a good dude the election. This time, Im voting for someone outside their loop, not who they tell me too. The only obvious choice is Trotter.

“OPEN YOUR MIND”

Since: Oct 08

Terre Haute

#118 Feb 16, 2010
Keeping it Honest wrote:
But we also need to see the past work history of all these candidates. What have they done to improve the public safety in their departments and for the citizens. Not inflated hype.
Past performance in whatever capacity is a sure indicator of what we can expect from them in the future. It shows a history of what type of action (or inaction) to expect. Not just the make any promise, deal or say anything to get elected.
And yes, that includes associations (personal, professional, friends and allies). Including those that they consider important enough to include/ rely on in their campaign's workings.
My guide post is this, if the candidates themselves or those they depend on to run the campaign are of such a character that I wouldn’t have them in my house to eat dinner with my family, why would we want that candidate for the highest law enforcement position in the county?
A position where their character will guide them with very little recourse for the average citizen beyond the next election.
A position responsible for the protection of 100,000+ citizens, 380+ square miles of property, a court house, operating a jail and a juvenile center. All this with 30+ deputies and 40+ corrections officers and several civilian employees.
WE can’t afford to put a candidate in that office that has a questionable background, so so experience, has no information what the position is responsible for, how or what the problems facing the Office of Sheriff are, can't spell "Sheriff” or simply has big dreams with no idea how to accomplish them.
We NEED the best candidate.
And who is the best guest for dinner at your house??
Magician

Indianapolis, IN

#120 Feb 17, 2010
I just heard who the mystery candidate is that will be joining the race for sheriff on Friday. Jake Compton - he is the only choice for sheriff. Hell he wears two stars now, has two squad cars and already has an ego the size of the jail. Go Jake!
Rich

Alpine, AL

#121 Feb 17, 2010
Ok ok wrote:
<quoted text>
John Shahadey, he's always wanted to be a cop when he grows up.
You mean he isn't a cop? He sure tells EVERYONE that he is all the time.

“OPEN YOUR MIND”

Since: Oct 08

Terre Haute

#122 Feb 19, 2010
Didnt hear anyone else put their name in and I think today was the cut-off

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terre Haute Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Terre Haute North Baseball - Still Political? 31 min Coach 112
Hiring a Terre Haute Prostitute 50 min Poor Richard 13
Union Hospital (Jul '14) 1 hr Con Man 967
where do all the gay guys hang out (Jul '11) 2 hr FORNEYHUCKER 68
Swimmig Pool Service 2 hr APS 3
6th ave gentlemans club 2 hr Fred G Sanford 17
Are there any good bands in town to hire for a ... 4 hr Ellusion-fan 39
Chouil Lee. City attorney 6 hr Pay attention 29
Snake in the Grass Cliff Lambert 9 hr nose 7
shahadey and son under investigation (Sep '12) Thu truth 61
More from around the web

Terre Haute People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]