how the hell are people living on gov...

how the hell are people living on government assistance and own a business????

Posted in the Terre Haute Forum

Since: Sep 10

Elko, NV

#1 Sep 23, 2010
Martha Riley and family live at a local project site, yet they own a car detailing business located on Wabash Ave. between 13th and 14th in the back alley behind the VFW Bingo Hall. How the hell are they out bragging about receiving welfare, foodstamps, housing and medicaid. They brag that they pay $500/month for building rent plus utilities, and pay nothing for rent through the housing authority. What type of sh*t are they thinkin'?????????
Daniel Lafferty

Terre Haute, IN

#2 Sep 23, 2010
They work for cash. Cash employees account for one of the biggest holes in our tax system. On one hand, more power to the person thats busting their butt to make a living, but apparently in her case that same sense of pride that comes from business ownership doesnt spill over into personal responsibility. One of the biggest problems that should be addressed is employers that pay under the table. The IRS should offer like a 5000.00 reward for turning in your employer for this type of crap. Some employers are barely getting by playing by the rules and competing against people screwing Uncle freakin Sam.
SMH

Chicago, IL

#3 Sep 23, 2010
She also has like 10 kids lol and I'm sure her business doesn't bring in that much profit...

Now child labor laws that are being broken may be another story!

Elko, NV

#4 Sep 24, 2010
SMH wrote:
She also has like 10 kids lol and I'm sure her business doesn't bring in that much profit...
Now child labor laws that are being broken may be another story!
she does have her kids workin there!!!!!
Lotta Dots

Moline, IL

#5 Sep 24, 2010
boo_licious30 wrote:
Martha Riley and family live at a local project site, yet they own a car detailing business located on Wabash Ave. between 13th and 14th in the back alley behind the VFW Bingo Hall. How the hell are they out bragging about receiving welfare, foodstamps, housing and medicaid. They brag that they pay $500/month for building rent plus utilities, and pay nothing for rent through the housing authority. What type of sh*t are they thinkin'?????????
thats the worst case of dry snitching Ive ever seen on topix.If Ur that worried about send the welfare dept video documentation or STFU.

Elko, NV

#6 Sep 24, 2010
Lotta Dots wrote:
<quoted text>thats the worst case of dry snitching Ive ever seen on topix.If Ur that worried about send the welfare dept video documentation or STFU.
Thats not no dry snitchin' thats a perfect example of people abusing the system that don't need the help when there are alot of unfortunate people that really need that help. And what you are calling dry snitching, thats coming out of tax payers pockets for what reason? You need to follow up on alot more information regarding governmental assistance fraud, that costs the tax payers before you refer to dry snitching. If you like to support and pay out of your pocket for system fraud, you keep on supporting it, but I know alot of people are fed up.
BRADLEY

Moline, IL

#7 Sep 24, 2010
boo_licious30 wrote:
<quoted text>Thats not no dry snitchin' thats a perfect example of people abusing the system that don't need the help when there are alot of unfortunate people that really need that help. And what you are calling dry snitching, thats coming out of tax payers pockets for what reason? You need to follow up on alot more information regarding governmental assistance fraud, that costs the tax payers before you refer to dry snitching. If you like to support and pay out of your pocket for system fraud, you keep on supporting it, but I know alot of people are fed up.
STFU

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terre Haute Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Josh Cobb 44 min Gnat 3
How to solve this 48 min AcedThatOne 2
Mayor 2019? 49 min Wes T Stud 13
Stephen's Inn sold (Jan '15) 53 min Freddie 20
Dying Bars in Terre Haute but surrounding small... 56 min THPD 6
West Terre Haute 59 min THPD 27
Rockville skanks 1 hr Loooser 10
Firemen pay 1 hr Seriously82 40
Kevin Burke cried on TV like a little baby 3 hr SkankHunt42 13
Sarah Patterson 18 hr John Holmes 31