Comments
21 - 40 of 158 Comments Last updated Nov 2, 2013

Since: Mar 13

Terre Haute, IN

#23 Apr 2, 2013
Ace Ventura wrote:
Did either of you dipshits read the article?
brilliant comeback.
dirty sneakers

Terre Haute, IN

#24 Apr 2, 2013
I hope everyone listened to the report on Ch 10 last night - These people had the dog since it was a pup. It was only five years old when they put it down. These people need a mental health check. People who have money do weird things only because they have the means, the money , and they think the world revolves around them! I am sure as I sit here composing this that people who are selfish , cruel, and inhumane when it comes to animals and humans that they will have to answer to someone other than me or you when they pass on.
turtle dove

Terre Haute, IN

#25 Apr 2, 2013
Carver wrote:
It depends on which organization you obtain your guide from. For example, the Seeing Eye charges $150 for the first dog and $50 for each successor dog. This represents a very small fraction of the cost to train a guide dog which typically exceeds $20,000.
Guide Dogs for the Blind does not charge for their dogs. The dog, all equipment, and the handler training are provided at no cost to a qualified blind person. However, the estimated cost of whelping, raising, training and equipping a Guide may run anywhere from $25,000 to $65,000 when all costs are factored in. Since GDB is a non-profit, they receive no government funding, all the funds are from private and corporate donors.
thank you for the information- it is very clear that these people took advantage. it is a "throw away society' that is how many people view pet ownership...and for those who receive something for nearly nothing. Goes for many children in the valley as well.
Billy

Terre Haute, IN

#26 Apr 2, 2013
This is the most exciting thing to happen in Terre Haute for a long time. Not since Stiffy Green has such an awful thing been done to an animal....but I think they waited until Stiffy died. The Stadlers have topped that!!!! The Indiana/National funeral home and veterinarian associationsb need to be notified. The least that would happen...a reprimand. Possibly their licenses would be lfted. The best way to send the Stadlers a message is to boycott their businesses. Hurt them in their pocketbooks. If you frequent their businesses, you helped pay for this. Unfortunately, I am a customer at two of their businesses, but no more!!!!
John

Terre Haute, IN

#27 Apr 2, 2013
Hope that dog haunts Art and theloud usic coming from the barber shop turns into a loud baking dog noise.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#28 Apr 2, 2013
If the pet had been a hamster would any of you be less offended?
turtle dove

Terre Haute, IN

#29 Apr 2, 2013
Billy wrote:
This is the most exciting thing to happen in Terre Haute for a long time. Not since Stiffy Green has such an awful thing been done to an animal....but I think they waited until Stiffy died. The Stadlers have topped that!!!! The Indiana/National funeral home and veterinarian associationsb need to be notified. The least that would happen...a reprimand. Possibly their licenses would be lfted. The best way to send the Stadlers a message is to boycott their businesses. Hurt them in their pocketbooks. If you frequent their businesses, you helped pay for this. Unfortunately, I am a customer at two of their businesses, but no more!!!!
good for you - I hope others will do the same!
turtle dove

Terre Haute, IN

#30 Apr 2, 2013
Ace Ventura wrote:
If the pet had been a hamster would any of you be less offended?
probably not. Dogs are helpful to humans in many ways , i.e. police dogs, helping people who are handicapped, those who are blind, cadaver dogs, arson dogs to name a few things . Thus the term "mans best friend". Don't think we could put the hamster on that list - other than being there as a small pet for someone who cares.
Tami

Terre Haute, IN

#31 Apr 2, 2013
Euthenization is a slow, panful death for animals...especially those in good health because it takes longer for them to die.
Tired of the excuses

Terre Haute, IN

#32 Apr 2, 2013
Tami wrote:
Euthenization is a slow, panful death for animals...especially those in good health because it takes longer for them to die.
I once had the misfortune of having to put down a dog who had gotten to the point of not even being able to stand. It was mercifully quick (nearly instantaneous). That does not make this right or wrong, but I wanted the truth stated on this.
Tired of the excuses

Terre Haute, IN

#33 Apr 2, 2013
Also, I know people at the funeral home. They tried many times to talk the family out of putting the dog down, even checking into the legality of it. If they had not gone along with the family's wishes, the family would of just gone elsewhere. The dog would not of been saved no matter what the funeral home did. Another funeral home even offered to put the dog down for the family. The funeral home involved took on the funeral thinking that they couold talk the family out of it, but to no avail. So lighten up.
Enoughisenough

Terre Haute, IN

#34 Apr 2, 2013
Ligten up please! I have been to funerals where the directors will not allow photos or other items even in the casket. I am sure they could refuse a full size dog. It was all due to the almighty dollar they did not want to lose. Was the dog embalmed for proper display? fi not was this not a health hazzard for a three day viewing? Espsecially a week after death
Sara

Terre Haute, IN

#35 Apr 2, 2013
The family is very involved wth Mount Pleasant United Methodist Church. Maybe Methodists are okay with this. It could be part of the beliefs of the church.
Sony4Life

Terre Haute, IN

#36 Apr 2, 2013
Enoughisenough wrote:
Ligten up please! I have been to funerals where the directors will not allow photos or other items even in the casket. I am sure they could refuse a full size dog. It was all due to the almighty dollar they did not want to lose. Was the dog embalmed for proper display? fi not was this not a health hazzard for a three day viewing? Espsecially a week after death
What funeral home wouldnt allow photos in the casket? Not around here, I have a friend who works at a funeral home & they allow all kinds of items put in the casket....I think u need to get your facts straight.
get over it

Terre Haute, IN

#37 Apr 2, 2013
Enoughisenough wrote:
First, let me say, I, know that the people at the funeral home, and they dod everything within reason to stop the dog from being put down.

Second, funeral homes and funeral directors are here to carry out what the the family wishes, as long as it is legal. It is not their place to judge others, but to serve others in time of need.

Third, the dog was put down the day before the funeral, not a week before.

Fourth, the visitaion and funeral where held in the family's church (WTHI, you got that wrong). The funeral home thus had little or no say in people taking pictures.

Fifth, don't presume you know the facts and stir things up when you have not a clue what the situation was or what went on.
Moms in hell

Indianapolis, IN

#38 Apr 2, 2013
get over it wrote:
<quoted text>
First, let me say, I, know that the people at the funeral home, and they dod everything within reason to stop the dog from being put down.
Second, funeral homes and funeral directors are here to carry out what the the family wishes, as long as it is legal. It is not their place to judge others, but to serve others in time of need.
Third, the dog was put down the day before the funeral, not a week before.
Fourth, the visitaion and funeral where held in the family's church (WTHI, you got that wrong). The funeral home thus had little or no say in people taking pictures.
Fifth, don't presume you know the facts and stir things up when you have not a clue what the situation was or what went on.
The only fact anyone need to know is that the Stadlers are sick evil retarded inbread family

Since: Feb 13

Terre Haute, IN

#39 Apr 2, 2013
no one NEEDED to know anything. this was a private family matter, but because ONE member of this family is so self centered and ignorant now the rest of the family (including children) have to endure the criticism and hatred aimed toward their family. This family followed through on a loved ones last wish, that should have been the end of it. I can guarantee you it was not easy for them to put the dog down, but it was what their loved one wanted. this NEVER should have been made public! and just an FYI, the shelter kills perfectly healthy dogs almost every day, but that's different, right? I'm not saying that this was right in any way, I'm just saying it's really no one's business!
Moms in hell

Indianapolis, IN

#40 Apr 2, 2013
AprilMessenger wrote:
no one NEEDED to know anything. this was a private family matter, but because ONE member of this family is so self centered and ignorant now the rest of the family (including children) have to endure the criticism and hatred aimed toward their family. This family followed through on a loved ones last wish, that should have been the end of it. I can guarantee you it was not easy for them to put the dog down, but it was what their loved one wanted. this NEVER should have been made public! and just an FYI, the shelter kills perfectly healthy dogs almost every day, but that's different, right? I'm not saying that this was right in any way, I'm just saying it's really no one's business!
Oh shut thefuck up you get on facebook and this forum and fuckwith people all the time. Its not a private family mater anymore is it. Your family is just as retarded as the Stadlers.

Since: Feb 13

Terre Haute, IN

#41 Apr 2, 2013
first of all, there are only TWO stories I have commented on in this forum, so get your facts straight about me. and no, it's not a private matter anymore, BUT that is not the entire family's fault, it's the fault of ONE member of that family, and the story has since been deleted from WTHI's facebook page and news page.
Trigger

Clinton, IN

#42 Apr 2, 2013
The vet lace that did it is the same one that is on WTWO for their vet reports... Wabash Valley. I will not use them nor will I ever think of going to this idiots tax place.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terre Haute Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last summer Kayla with pink hair 7 min Kayla s BF 7
Is glen compton a snitch? 21 min The Real Nathan 2
What use to be where big bobs flooring is now 47 min gOON sQUAD 2
Terre Haute Online Auction (Jun '12) 51 min mommyof2 5
Union Hospital 2 hr Lord Hater 475
Is anal sex a choice? 4 hr gay gavin 07809 2... 14
small dicks 07809 227195 4 hr gay gavin 07809 2... 1
Sheriff Greg Ewing must go 5 hr Jack 23
Coach Barrett/Dean of THN 6 hr The Real Nathan 12
Whos the worst bartender in town? (Feb '14) Sun Great Dane Dude 44