West Terre Haute Scrap Theifs

Posted in the Terre Haute Forum

Curious

Terre Haute, IN

#1 Aug 17, 2011
I want to know why the thief they are looking for was not picked up when he was in plain sight yesterday. They had over 5,000 dollars worth of stolen scrap and he was hiding in the most obvious place and nothing was done. What is with this? Nice to see if you have a certain name then you can get away with anything in West Terre Haute.
WHAT

Terre Haute, IN

#2 Aug 17, 2011
Curious wrote:
I want to know why the thief they are looking for was not picked up when he was in plain sight yesterday. They had over 5,000 dollars worth of stolen scrap and he was hiding in the most obvious place and nothing was done. What is with this? Nice to see if you have a certain name then you can get away with anything in West Terre Haute.
what name
Curious

Terre Haute, IN

#3 Aug 17, 2011
MCCalister
derbydick

Westville, IL

#4 Aug 17, 2011
was that bill mcalisters house?
Curious

Terre Haute, IN

#5 Aug 17, 2011
That would be the one!!!
brown bomber

Terre Haute, IN

#6 Aug 17, 2011
there will be a warrant for him and another today, so he is not getting out of it, but going to jail.
joe

Terre Haute, IN

#7 Aug 17, 2011
All he's gotta do is snith on a few people and he will get out of it. That's what he does. He got out of major trouble last time he got busted.
Rent a Cop

Terre Haute, IN

#8 Aug 17, 2011
If there is any law enforcement agengy other than the West T. PD he will not get out of it. If it is just West T. PD on the case, will go scott free. To many people connected to each other in that town.
Rent a Cop

Terre Haute, IN

#9 Aug 17, 2011
I wonder if there is any other hot property at that house, like T.V's, computers, guns etc.? You know, the stuff the steal when they break in houses.
foxnews

Terre Haute, IN

#11 Aug 17, 2011

police release name of suspect involved in scrap metal theft

Updated: Wednesday, 17 Aug 2011, 10:17 PM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 17 Aug 2011, 10:17 PM EDT
Brittany Earl

TERRE HAUTE, Ind.(WTHI)- Police released the name of a suspect involved in a scrap metal case. Authorities continue to investigate a home in West Terre Haute after finding thousands of dollars worth of stolen copper.

Anita Burton has lived in West Terre Haute for more than 26 years so when she looked over her fence through her back yard Tuesday, she was surprised by what she saw.

"I was shocked that it was going on so close in our neighborhood, you never notice anything," said Burton.

The West Terre Haute Police Department confiscated $5,307 worth of stolen copper and scraps from a home in West Terre Haute.

Police issued a search warrant after Sugar Creek Scrap Yard contacted them saying over the last year they’ve noticed materials missing.

Detective Teddy York, West Terre Haute Police Department says, "We noticed some tire tracks throughout their property, one of the workers noticed them."

Police say they found a dirt path leading from behind the house to a fence. Police say the suspects pulled the fence back like a curtain revealing a hole leading to the Sugar Creek Scrap Yard,” said York.

"They've always been there and I never thought anybody would ever go in there and steal from them,” said Burton.

Police say as they followed the path they found three people behind the house and 2 took off running but 44-year-old Candy Voils stayed behind.

"She came back to the scene after we told her to leave. We were securing the area and she came back in and pad locked up all the doors and closed them,” said York.

Police arrested Voils for resisting law enforcement but have yet to arrest anyone else. But York says police plan to.

"We're definitely going to investigate it to the fullest and see who was all participating in these acts. Because we know that there was obviously more than just the home owner participating in this," said York.

Police say no other names have been released at this time. But York says there are pending charges against the homeowner.
big wrench

Terre Haute, IN

#12 Aug 17, 2011
listen its bill mccalister notrhing will happen never does an if something was to come he will sell the next guy up the river nothing new over there
Scott Hedden

Terre Haute, IN

#13 Aug 18, 2011
foxnews wrote:
Anita Burton has lived in West Terre Haute for more than 26 years so when she looked over her fence through her back yard Tuesday, she was surprised by what she saw.
"I was shocked that it was going on so close in our neighborhood, you never notice anything," said Burton.

"They've always been there and I never thought anybody would ever go in there and steal from them,” said Burton.
Oh now this is some funny sh!t right here. Is this Anita (Hines) Burton? If so, she is probably in on it. Anita and Candy have been running thick as thieves for years and she didn't know about it? What the f#$k ever! I wouldn't be surprised if these two haven't ate at the wye a few times over the years and probably for drugs!
Jane

Terre Haute, IN

#14 Aug 26, 2011
Has anyone heard if anything has happened since the first day. I've seen Bill out running around. Guess some of you we're right that nothing was going to happen to him. Why are the WTHPD cops such pusses? I just don't understand.
Scott Hedden

Terre Haute, IN

#15 Aug 26, 2011
Jane wrote:
Has anyone heard if anything has happened since the first day. I've seen Bill out running around. Guess some of you we're right that nothing was going to happen to him. Why are the WTHPD cops such pusses? I just don't understand.
Too many connections in West T. The bigger piece of trash you are the, the more they like you over here.If you are from West T., you already know the connections and there is no need in listing them. If your not from West T., then it does no good to list them as you probably don't know the people.
stacy mccalister

United States

#16 Aug 29, 2011
Get your facts straight before u going talking sh*t! R u mad that he can get a lawyer? Say what u want about mccalisters we can handle anything u wanna throw! But b real and say it to us! Dont hide behind screen names b*+ches! I told my name! Ps u know money buys a good lawyer and when your innocent it helps. He didnt snitch when he got in trouble before either. Get your facts straight u bored ass fuc* tard! Lol
johnny mccalister

United States

#17 Aug 29, 2011
Instead of being up in bill business trying to down him why dont u occupy your time with job or hobby! Were a close family when u fu*k with one of us u mess with all of us! Mccalisters have done well for themselves over the years, what has your family done? Dont hate the player...hate the game
We dont bother anybody so why do u like throwing our name around! Say mccalister loud ....sounds good dont it!
stacy mccalister

Addison, IL

#18 Aug 30, 2011
Guess that left u speechless! Now...thats better!
TRUTH

Terre Haute, IN

#19 Apr 12, 2012
Scott Hedden wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh now this is some funny sh!t right here. Is this Anita (Hines) Burton? If so, she is probably in on it. Anita and Candy have been running thick as thieves for years and she didn't know about it? What the f#$k ever! I wouldn't be surprised if these two haven't ate at the wye a few times over the years and probably for drugs!
no not anita hines dumbass ! she happens to be like a mother 2 me so stfu . shes far frm everythang yu called er . candy on tha other hand is a dope hoee !
ANITA HEYEN

Terre Haute, IN

#20 Apr 21, 2012
Scott Hedden wrote:
<quoted text>
WHATS FUNNY SHIT IS: IM ANITA AN i dont live ON 10TH OR ANY WHERE CLOSED TO Billy SO WRONG ANITA! SO WILL THE REAL ANITA "HINES" HEYEN PLEASE STAND UP!!AND SCOTT HEDDEN WOULD KNOW I DONT LIVE THERE&KNOWS HOW TO SPELL MY NAME HES KNOWN ME ALL MY LIFE KNOWS IM NOT A THIEF &DEFINITELY NOT ONE TO EAT AT THE Y FOR DOPE OR ANYTHING I AM STRICTLY DI@K!!AND FYI IT WAS AMY HEYEN AND CANDY THAT WERE THICK AS THIEVES AND THEY NOT Y EATERS EITHER SOO GET YOUR FACTS STRAIT AN YOUR NAME RIGHT!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terre Haute Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local politics city council threads and posting... 4 min Semper Fidelis 4U 27
cheating wife (May '13) 58 min legalize prostitu... 9
Hypocritical Christians 1 hr agnostic 8
Donating Plasma 2 hr timbo 10
Watch Repair 2 hr Citizen 1
Joink Internet 2 hr A Terre Haute Cit... 1
Hoosiers Tree 3 hr I bet 13
Which cop shot the rapist? 11 hr Wad Launcher 33
Jeff Stevens 15 hr Been there 206
Klepts restaurant Wed MrBraunstone 4