Early Morning Accident Leaves One Dead

Early Morning Accident Leaves One Dead

There are 53 comments on the WTWO-TV Terre Haute story from Dec 24, 2010, titled Early Morning Accident Leaves One Dead. In it, WTWO-TV Terre Haute reports that:

A crash early this morning leaves one person dead. Terre Haute police were called to 9th and Cherry Street after 1a.m. The driver of the vehicle hit a tree.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTWO-TV Terre Haute.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
smokey jane

Punxsutawney, PA

#1 Dec 26, 2010
My heart goes out to these families on such a tragic accident during the holidays. Not only to the family losing the young man, but the young man that has to live with the stupidness the rest of his life.
What

Terre Haute, IN

#2 Dec 26, 2010
very interesting that they are keeping the name of the driver secret for (security reasons).
Any body know who the driver is.
ashley

United States

#3 Dec 26, 2010
This is very tragic. I also would like to know why they are keeping the name of the drunk driver a secret. He/she will have to be charged, won't they?
What

Terre Haute, IN

#4 Dec 26, 2010
power and politics have so far kept the drivers name out of the press
Hmm

Chicago, IL

#5 Dec 26, 2010
What wrote:
power and politics have so far kept the drivers name out of the press
What tangible evidence of that do you possess?
Just Because

Terre Haute, IN

#6 Dec 26, 2010
One of the people in the accident was the child of a police officer. Im not sure if it was the driver or the victim. This is probably going to be another Courtenay Scott ordeal. Brugnaux, even though the votrs sent her home somehow is still sitting on the bench.
Start of another cover up

Terre Haute, IN

#7 Dec 26, 2010
looks like the start of another cover up.
jmr

United States

#8 Dec 26, 2010
Hmm wrote:
<quoted text>
What tangible evidence of that do you possess?
why else wouldn't the name be released?

Since: Sep 10

Terre Haute, IN

#9 Dec 26, 2010
Why is it anyone's business?
root cause

Bessemer, AL

#10 Dec 26, 2010
Does anyone know what happened?
joe

United States

#11 Dec 27, 2010
Disciplined Breakdown wrote:
Why is it anyone's business?
Someone died as a result of this driver being drunk and driving recklessly on a city street. Do you think they should not be held responsible, or because of their connections in this town, it should just be swept under the rug.? They don't usually have a problem with publishing names.

Since: Sep 10

Terre Haute, IN

#12 Dec 27, 2010
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone died as a result of this driver being drunk and driving recklessly on a city street. Do you think they should not be held responsible, or because of their connections in this town, it should just be swept under the rug.? They don't usually have a problem with publishing names.
Let's be honest here, these people aren't interested in the driver's name for any kind of justice. They just want to see if they know him/her to spread more gossip and be plain nosey. These are the same people that buy the National Enquirer and rags like People magazine so they can find out who their favorite movie stars are sleeping with this week. Get a life.
The Big Mouth

Terre Haute, IN

#13 Dec 27, 2010
Disciplined Breakdown wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's be honest here, these people aren't interested in the driver's name for any kind of justice. They just want to see if they know him/her to spread more gossip and be plain nosey. These are the same people that buy the National Enquirer and rags like People magazine so they can find out who their favorite movie stars are sleeping with this week. Get a life.
No, they want to know because it is a cover up. After the Scott-Free incident people are pretty sick of this type of behavior. Unless the driver is a juvenile or the next of kin have not yet been notified, it is public information and should be released. The fact that (sadly) a police officers son died in the incident lends this to more of a candidate for a cover up. If this was Joe Six Pack his name would have been all over the news.
Enough

United States

#14 Dec 27, 2010
How about you quit speculating and jumping to conclusions. Maybe the family wants to be left in peace. So instead of worrying about the gossip side of it say a prayer for the victim and the family. If it was a family member of mine I would ask the name NOT BE RELEASED! After my brother and his girlfriend were killed in a car accident. There were all kinds of rumors and innuendos flying around and that was in 81 long before the internet. It was very hard on us then. I can only imagine what a family goes through now.
The Big Mouth

Terre Haute, IN

#15 Dec 27, 2010
Enough wrote:
How about you quit speculating and jumping to conclusions. Maybe the family wants to be left in peace. So instead of worrying about the gossip side of it say a prayer for the victim and the family. If it was a family member of mine I would ask the name NOT BE RELEASED! After my brother and his girlfriend were killed in a car accident. There were all kinds of rumors and innuendos flying around and that was in 81 long before the internet. It was very hard on us then. I can only imagine what a family goes through now.
It is horribly sad. Its also a matter of public record. A crime was comitted and part of it is having your name splattered through all forms of media, thats just how it works. The name of the VICTIM was released, why not release the name of the driver? Was it Kohr? Anyone in the know care to comment?
what

Terre Haute, IN

#16 Dec 27, 2010
Car slams into tree, one dead
Driver now faces charges
Updated: Monday, 27 Dec 2010, 3:09 PM EST
Published : Friday, 24 Dec 2010, 5:42 AM EST

TERRE HAUTE, Ind.(WTHI)- A man dies after a car he was riding in hit a tree.

It happened just after 1:00 a.m. Friday near 9th and Cherry Streets in Terre Haute.

Police said witnesses saw the car traveling at unsafe speeds and making unsafe lane changes before the crash.

Police said Jacob Hines, 26, was a passenger in the car. Hines was trapped inside for some time after the accident.

According to scanner traffic he suffered head injuries and was taken to Union Hospital where he later died.

According to court records, Matthew Neaderhiser, the driver, now faces charges.

Police said Neaderhiser had a blood alcohol level of 0.15 and was admitted to a local hospital for observation.

Officials also said Neaderhiser was taken to Union Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

He remains hospitalized. He's expected to appear in court Thursday.

They also said witnesses saw the car traveling at unsafe speeds and making unsafe lane changes
Enough

United States

#17 Dec 27, 2010
The Big Mouth wrote:
<quoted text>It is horribly sad. Its also a matter of public record. A crime was comitted and part of it is having your name splattered through all forms of media, thats just how it works. The name of the VICTIM was released, why not release the name of the driver? Was it Kohr? Anyone in the know care to comment?
Yes a crime was committed and your point? Go get the report so you can get all the gory details would not want to miss that would you? My Brother did not commit a crime yet it was in the newspaper and on TV, in the newspaper they had our home address listed. My point whether it is a "crime" or not families deserve their privacy. Your like the people that run to see the fire or accident, I don't. I do not take pleasure in others misery.
ashley

United States

#19 Dec 27, 2010
Enough wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes a crime was committed and your point? Go get the report so you can get all the gory details would not want to miss that would you? My Brother did not commit a crime yet it was in the newspaper and on TV, in the newspaper they had our home address listed. My point whether it is a "crime" or not families deserve their privacy. Your like the people that run to see the fire or accident, I don't. I do not take pleasure in others misery.
So according to you, no names should ever be reported for any crimes or accidents because there are always families involved and they should have their privacy? Everyone has a family, so we should just not have newspapers or tv news programs...You are a genious!
CSI Terre Haute

Punxsutawney, PA

#20 Dec 27, 2010
Connection a Golf Assocation...
urwall

Teutopolis, IL

#21 Dec 27, 2010
How much you wanna bet his attorney will be Joe Etling? All the judges in this county are democrats and the chairman of the party is Etling. My lord, talk about a conflict.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terre Haute Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Danny Rogers 40 min sad 7
Police dept rated worst in state 1 hr Dugger 3
Pete Tanoos 1 hr Uknowwhothisis 1
Sanitary Board 1 hr Disqusted 5
ROLO MILES supports WHITE SUPREMACIST. Checkout... 1 hr Former Klan member 2
Pete Tanoos lawsuit 1 hr Uknowwhothisis 1
B&B foods tainted food from China 1 hr cheedo 7
Questions for the school board 2 hr Historic Revisionist 24
Freebirds Jack Arrest 5 hr redd 58

Terre Haute Jobs