Thefts in Libertyville,Shirkieville, ...

Thefts in Libertyville,Shirkieville, and New Goshen

Posted in the Terre Haute Forum

Concerned

United States

#1 Sep 24, 2010
Has anyone heard about the rash of breakins in the area?
Susan Paloma

Edwardsville, IL

#2 Sep 24, 2010
Rash, honey this is not new and has been going on for years.
Build A Wall

United States

#3 Sep 24, 2010
I'll bet it's those pesky meth heads from Edgar County coming over and doing it. We should build a wall at the state line.
Robin Maurer

United States

#4 Sep 24, 2010
Yes, we have heard of these occurences. This is sick these people on meth robbing all hours of the day and night!! I live here in Libertyville and wa told of this by my 80 year old neighbor, the idiots will do anything to support their habits. This is very personal to me because my fathers house was robbed 2 months ago.My 6 year old and 9 year old and I opened the front door to the bay window busted in his living room and all his flat screen tv's gone, along with my kids Wii and games, some guns and a couple other things. Not even 3 months before this happened we lost my mother, Cathy Fortner to cancer. I feel the theives knew alot about us and went in for alot more than they got. We are almost positive on who did this but the sheriff wont even question the people we have heard did this; even though one guy was in the jail for a robbery. The people involved know our schedules when we leave and so on. With my dads especially, they were very aware of my mother dying and I believe went in their house for jewerly, or money but when wasn't none, started grabbing anything of value. This robbery happened between 5:30 am and 8:30 am when My 2 girls and I stopped by my dads unexpected and found him robbed!! We had been through enough!!!! These people are local punks I do believe and will do anything to support a habit This is sick and I hope whoever doing these robberies pays dearly for them. Theiving is wrong, GO TO WORK AND GET OFF DOPE, is how I feel but not happening anytime soon. There is a thousand dollar reward out so if anyone knows who robbed my fathers Brad Fortner in New Goshen please get with us, Thank You and I would say LOCK YOUR DOORS but it doesn't matter so KEEP A WEAPON HANDY FOR PROTECTION!!!! Until these idiots are in jail, though the system will slap em on the hand and let em go do it again and again.
named gonagethem

United States

#5 Sep 24, 2010
this is sad to hear this story I hope they cross my path, they wont think bout stealing next time !!!!!
Concerned

United States

#6 Sep 26, 2010
Was told arrests have been made. Any news?
Becky

AOL

#7 Sep 27, 2010
this is very sad,we love you all,hang in there
robin, there catch them. we miss you all.
smokey joe

Punxsutawney, PA

#8 Sep 27, 2010
I now keep a loaded weapon on hand at all time! so beware cause im not just gonna hurt ya, i will make your momma cry!! lazy ,worthless f*cks!!!!!!!!!!
concerned

United States

#9 Sep 29, 2010
Police all around Tecumsea and New Goshen last night. Anyone know why?
cam

Brazil, IN

#10 Aug 17, 2011
Robin Maurer wrote:
Yes, we have heard of these occurences. This is sick these people on meth robbing all hours of the day and night!! I live here in Libertyville and wa told of this by my 80 year old neighbor, the idiots will do anything to support their habits. This is very personal to me because my fathers house was robbed 2 months ago.My 6 year old and 9 year old and I opened the front door to the bay window busted in his living room and all his flat screen tv's gone, along with my kids Wii and games, some guns and a couple other things. Not even 3 months before this happened we lost my mother, Cathy Fortner to cancer. I feel the theives knew alot about us and went in for alot more than they got. We are almost positive on who did this but the sheriff wont even question the people we have heard did this; even though one guy was in the jail for a robbery. The people involved know our schedules when we leave and so on. With my dads especially, they were very aware of my mother dying and I believe went in their house for jewerly, or money but when wasn't none, started grabbing anything of value. This robbery happened between 5:30 am and 8:30 am when My 2 girls and I stopped by my dads unexpected and found him robbed!! We had been through enough!!!! These people are local punks I do believe and will do anything to support a habit This is sick and I hope whoever doing these robberies pays dearly for them. Theiving is wrong, GO TO WORK AND GET OFF DOPE, is how I feel but not happening anytime soon. There is a thousand dollar reward out so if anyone knows who robbed my fathers Brad Fortner in New Goshen please get with us, Thank You and I would say LOCK YOUR DOORS but it doesn't matter so KEEP A WEAPON HANDY FOR PROTECTION!!!! Until these idiots are in jail, though the system will slap em on the hand and let em go do it again and again.
then u turn around and get busted with meth in edgar county, thats funny shit
Rent A Cop

Terre Haute, IN

#11 Aug 19, 2011
smokey joe wrote:
I now keep a loaded weapon on hand at all time! so beware cause im not just gonna hurt ya, i will make your momma cry!! lazy ,worthless f*cks!!!!!!!!!!
I'm with you or used to be until I got robbed. You will not be home when they break in. And don't leave that loaded gun laying around either or it will be in one of their back pockets.
too funny

United States

#12 Aug 19, 2011
anyone could tell Robin was using w that mess of a face!! I sure wouldnt get on here and go on and on and on oh while on the s**t but wait maybe she was high while she was typing and thats why she couldnt shut up!
cardfan

Milton, WI

#13 Jan 12, 2013
Happen to run across this topic. Been a long time since I was in Shirkieville. It was during my college days. There use to be a tavern call the Illini Club, I think. Is it still there?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terre Haute Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fire and police depts newd to be cut by 40% 12 min nocomment 7
NOT trey blaines baby 13 min Sewing 36
My ex girl got bent over and loved it 23 min Heather 3
Why do people get tattoos on their neck and face? 47 min Burden on taxpayers 29
Norm's Era Ends (Mar '12) 50 min Onlooker 126
Crystal Thibodeaux 53 min Questions 5
Liberal Hate 1 hr WhiteFragility 22
Can't Trust Union Hospital 2 hr Sick of the BS 76
Middle/High School Coaches 4 hr dowhat 5
Dr Tanoos may be retiring 4 hr ISU 78