City council election
In the know

Terre Haute, IN

#1 Apr 22, 2012
Already sick of seeing letters to the editor about a candidate running for Councilman at Large. Won't get my vote because of the b.s. letters.
Grouchy

Clinton, IN

#2 Apr 22, 2012
That's all that's been in the Letters to the Editor lately. I'm sick of it as well. Let the candidates publish their personal info and where they stand on the issues once or twice before election. They can stump neighborhoods all day and do the meet and greet fish frys.
In the Know

Terre Haute, IN

#3 Apr 22, 2012
It really is just one candidate that irks me. I have heard he is a do nothing in his day job and I assume, rightly or wrongly, he is looking for power and will show the same work ethic as a councilman if elected.. Not too smart, either. Running on a name. No vote from me and I certainly hope others can see through the b.s. he puts out there.
Get it Right

Terre Haute, IN

#4 Apr 22, 2012
In the know wrote:
Already sick of seeing letters to the editor about a candidate running for Councilman at Large. Won't get my vote because of the b.s. letters.
Presumably, you wrote the title of this thread since your post is first. I'm sick of the letters touting Azar and Burger, too. Like you, I won't be voting for either of them.

But I need to point out that we voted for City Council last year. This year, it's the County Council seats that are up for grabs, along with two of the three County Commissioners.

Here's a link to the lists of primary candidates for both the Democrats and Republicans. Vote smart, Vigo County!

http://www.vigocounty.in.gov/office/division....
niceguy

Shepardsville, IN

#5 Apr 22, 2012
Get it Right wrote:
<quoted text>
Presumably, you wrote the title of this thread since your post is first. I'm sick of the letters touting Azar and Burger, too. Like you, I won't be voting for either of them.
But I need to point out that we voted for City Council last year. This year, it's the County Council seats that are up for grabs, along with two of the three County Commissioners.
Here's a link to the lists of primary candidates for both the Democrats and Republicans. Vote smart, Vigo County!
http://www.vigocounty.in.gov/office/division....
vote them all out. they want no progress in vigo county. princeton is get a honda atv plant 800 more jobs. why not vigo county. they vote no on everything. why can they not drill in vigo co. because there not getting no oil check
In the know

Terre Haute, IN

#6 Apr 23, 2012
Get it Right wrote:
<quoted text>
Presumably, you wrote the title of this thread since your post is first. I'm sick of the letters touting Azar and Burger, too. Like you, I won't be voting for either of them.
But I need to point out that we voted for City Council last year. This year, it's the County Council seats that are up for grabs, along with two of the three County Commissioners.
Here's a link to the lists of primary candidates for both the Democrats and Republicans. Vote smart, Vigo County!
http://www.vigocounty.in.gov/office/division....
Thanks for correcting my error. It is County Council and I was in error in the title of the thread. Makes no difference in my feelings about the one candidate. He is not fit for any elected position. Hope people can fight through the crap and put him on the spot about important issues in our community.
confused

United States

#7 Apr 25, 2012
Get it Right wrote:
<quoted text>Presumably, you wrote the title of this thread since your post is first. I'm sick of the letters touting Azar and Burger, too. Like you, I won't be voting for either of them.

But I need to point out that we voted for City Council last year. This year, it's the County Council seats that are up for grabs, along with two of the three County Commissioners.

Here's a link to the lists of primary candidates for both the Democrats and Republicans. Vote smart, Vigo County!

http://www.vigocounty.in.gov/office/division....
Thanks for the link. I looked at both ballots and now I'm confused.

Isn't Rick Burger a Republican? I'd like to know about his Democrat credentials, and hear about how he stood up to his fellow Chamber of Commerce board members when they decided to push for Right to Work.

Then there's Steve Ellis on the Republican ticket. Are the Ellises Republicans now? Steve has run and lost before as a Democrat, like his big brothers Kal and Mike. Is this an instance of "if you can't beat em, join em"?

I don't have much use for the party labels, especially in local elections. But these two candidates seem to be opposite sides of the same counterfeit coin.
Use your noggin

Indianapolis, IN

#8 Apr 25, 2012
This is the way Vigo County politics work. Some political has been talked it over with his cronies and they decided to favor Burger with a nomination. Since the has beens are Burger backers he will feel the need to cooperate with them and or compensate them when possible. Business as usual, only the faces change.
He didn't decide to run without political backing, you can bet on that.
Dan Tanoos

Terre Haute, IN

#9 Apr 25, 2012
The At-Large candidate happens to be one of my fellow Camel pilots. If he is not elected we will find something for him here at the corp.
In the know

Terre Haute, IN

#10 Apr 25, 2012
Sad but true. Another incompetent along side the rest of the leadership. OMG
Claude

United States

#11 Apr 26, 2012
In the know wrote:
Sad but true. Another incompetent along side the rest of the leadership. OMG
Is Adam Azar a DINO like his uncle George?

All I know about Adam is that he's Ray Azars son. That's enough info for me not to vote for him, but I'm still curious about Adams politics.

Realistically, if he gets elected he'll probably just be another shill for his uncle Danny Tanoos.

I don't care where these guys grandparents came from; in my mind, they're all Hauteans. But a scumbag is a scumbag, regardless of his heritage.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terre Haute Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Terre Haute drug dealers 47 min Been Burnt 18
How far has Billy Switzer sunk? 1 hr Billy 1
Franklin Fennell In Lock Up 2 hr another question 26
April Jordan 3 hr Somefucker 5
wthi 3 hr an idea 6
Dee (Donna) Mitchell 3 hr Shaniqua 31
Anyone. Know FIFI Natalie Wood 3 hr Shaniqua 103
Can't Trust Union Hospital 21 hr Barf 29

Terre Haute Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Terre Haute Mortgages