Searching for female born April 11, 1960

Posted in the Terre Haute Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
DJD39

Du Bois, PA

#1 May 28, 2010
Hello. I am searching for a lady who was born April 11, 1960 and was named Debbie, she would be 50 years old today. If anyone knows of her, please reply to me on here and we can exchange emails. This is an attempt at an Adoption Reunion. Thanks for your help.
Harper

Clearwater, FL

#3 May 28, 2010
Do you know the county, hospital, etc.? Anymore info? I will try to help. I am just a regular person and have been searching for my daughters friends birth mother. While looking for that I found a 46 year old that was looking for hers. Her mother had passed but I got her to an Aunt. I will try for you that is all I can say. If you want my email address I will give it to you. I realize this is personal.
Linus

Terre Haute, IN

#4 May 28, 2010
Good Luck DJD39, I hope Topix does you some good in finding Debbie.
DJD39

Du Bois, PA

#5 May 28, 2010
The baby was born here in Terre Haute, IN at the Crittenden on Poplar St. The mother was forced to give her up. As we all know that is what they did to the girls there. Birthmother has been wanting to find her forever now and we are finally trying to help locate her. Dont have much other info.
albert

Brazil, IN

#6 May 29, 2010
have you tried this connection, http://adopteeconnect.com/index.htm they have several people from the Crittenden Home looking for family good luck,
albert

Brazil, IN

#7 May 29, 2010
came across another site that might be a big help. http://www.adoption.com/ they have acess to records for thr differnt Florence Crittenden Homes.
Enough

Indianapolis, IN

#8 May 29, 2010
http://terrehautechildrenshomes.homestead.com...

Here is another site where you may be able to get information. Good luck and God bless your search.
Enough

Indianapolis, IN

#9 May 29, 2010
http://www.indianadigitalarchives.org/

Don't know if this will help.But may be able to find some information.
Ollie

Clearfield, PA

#10 May 29, 2010
DJD39 wrote:
Hello. I am searching for a lady who was born April 11, 1960 and was named Debbie, she would be 50 years old today. If anyone knows of her, please reply to me on here and we can exchange emails. This is an attempt at an Adoption Reunion. Thanks for your help.
Please know the people who adopted her may have changed her first and middle name. Any adopted female born on this date could be your child and should respond to you for more information.
Searcher

United States

#11 May 29, 2010
DJD39:

Do you know whether her given name was actually Debbie...or was it Deborah...or Debra. That will make a huge difference in the search process.
DJD39

Du Bois, PA

#12 May 29, 2010
Sometime a long time ago, we tried to have someone search the records about her. Her given name was Debbie, not Debra or Deborah. Just Debbie. Then we were told her name is still Debbie today. Obviously we are aware it could have been changed, but a private detective tried to help us out before and did say her name had not been changed. So we kind of assume it is still Debbie. Thanks for all the great links. I have been on some of them already, but I wil try the terre haute one since I had not heard of it. You guys are great, thanks for helping.
albert

Brazil, IN

#13 May 29, 2010
There were several Florence Crittenden homes. across the country. Does anyone know if they have a central location where they kept the records. I am doing my family tree and have seen posting for people from the differnt homes. I hate to think the records were destroyed when they shut down. Hopefully the records are stored somewhere. If anyone knows please post it. thanks.
albert

Brazil, IN

#14 May 29, 2010
here is another link that may hve some potential. http://florencecrittentonhome.com/stateinfo.h...
Harper

Clearwater, FL

#15 May 29, 2010
Try Adoption Registry Connect. Go under U.S. then Indiana, and then Vigo or any other county you feel is applicable.
DJD39

Du Bois, PA

#16 May 29, 2010
Thanks for all the links. From what I have found, you must register with the state and they keep it until your match registers too. So, if that person never registers then you get no where. Also, the person may not even know ther are adopted so they would not know to register. It really seems like an impossible reunion process. I thought trying to locate her on our own might get better results. A lot of times people know other people who can help. Anyway, the registry has been done already, but so far nothing.
Searcher

United States

#17 May 29, 2010
Not saying this is the person for which you are searching, but you might consider doing a little research on a person named DEBBIE VIDITO. Born 4/11/60. Unfortunately she died at young age (17), but had a connection to nearby Paris, IL. (Info found through the Social Security Administration's Death Index)
Harper

Clearwater, FL

#18 May 30, 2010
Does anyone have access to the Indiana birth index? I would really like a copy. I am not sure how it lists but I would like years 1962-1966. Any ideas? One site said it is available at Latter Day Saints Famiy Center Genealogy Library but I could not find it. Thanks if any one can help.
DJD39

Du Bois, PA

#19 May 30, 2010
Searcher wrote:
Not saying this is the person for which you are searching, but you might consider doing a little research on a person named DEBBIE VIDITO. Born 4/11/60. Unfortunately she died at young age (17), but had a connection to nearby Paris, IL.(Info found through the Social Security Administration's Death Index)
Thanks for the lead. I don't think that is her since some time way back, we had someone trying to locate her and they said she was alive and her name was still Debbie. Unfortunately this person who was researching it all for us has died and cannot be asked for any info. I did find one Debbie with the same birthday and am trying to contact her now. Her maiden name is also associated with some people from IN too. Hopefully she responds. Otherwise I might try to research that one you found. Thanks for the input, it is very appreciated.
albert

Brazil, IN

#20 May 30, 2010
here is a good one for indiana birth recordhttp://birthdatabase.net /indiana/birth-records.htms.
albert

Brazil, IN

#21 May 30, 2010

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terre Haute Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poop trucks rollin' hard (Aug '10) 36 min Duke 5
Middle school basketball in terre haute 43 min Bball Mom 11
who is max jones, editor of tribune star? 48 min TH Resident 7
A City on the Brink 55 min newshawk 83
News Robbery suspects face serious prison time 1 hr Ciao 2
Dook Pure and the Seven Norms: a Hautean fairy ... 1 hr Geoff 5
News Clinton, Indiana Neighborhood Watch (Aug '08) 2 hr Hunter 160
School Corp raises 10 hr Jack 75
More from around the web

Personal Finance