Prosecutor Modesitt
Info

Terre Haute, IN

#28 Mar 13, 2013
Mr. Modesitt goes to an Apostolic Pentecostal church, New Life Fellowship.
It is a very strict religion. Woman aren't supposed to cut their hair. The women have to wear long dresses or skirts. Never pants. They can't drink, smoke or swear.
Years ago they couldn't even watch TV. I guess the rules have lessened since then.
People thought his religion would make him tougher on criminals who committed crimes against children. Looks like quite the opposite is true. I've never seen someone so easy on pedophiles. Makes you sick to think about it.
IT IS WHAT IT IS

Shepardsville, IN

#31 Mar 16, 2013
Papaw wrote:
This case has more circumtances than just a boy beating down an old woman. She has a history of public drunkenness and obnoxious behavior. Some witnesses stated she did more than make a remark.
She didn't report the beating for several hours after the fact and some of her story didn't add up, facts changed with the telling. She was also found to have alcohol in her system. Maybe there were too many negatives to make a good case or to justify spending money for a trial.
In no way am I saying Marvel was right... he wasn't. He has a history too.
There was no witness till after the fact! He went in house admitted what he did but little did he know THE OLD LADY WAS THEIR RELATION AN REGARDLESS OF HER HAVING ALCOHOL IN SYSTEM OR NOT STILL DOESN'T MAKE IT RIGHT! AN THIS CASE DOES HAVE MORE CIRCUMSTANCES THEN "JUST A BOY BEATING DOWN OLD LADY" AN THAT SAID BOY IS THE FORMER SHERIFF MARVELS GRANDSON!!
Papaw

Clinton, IN

#32 Mar 16, 2013
IT IS WHAT IT IS wrote:
<quoted text> There was no witness till after the fact! He went in house admitted what he did but little did he know THE OLD LADY WAS THEIR RELATION AN REGARDLESS OF HER HAVING ALCOHOL IN SYSTEM OR NOT STILL DOESN'T MAKE IT RIGHT! AN THIS CASE DOES HAVE MORE CIRCUMSTANCES THEN "JUST A BOY BEATING DOWN OLD LADY" AN THAT SAID BOY IS THE FORMER SHERIFF MARVELS GRANDSON!!
No need to get your panties in a wad. No it isn't right and I never said it was.
By your reasoning you're saying if there is a car accident only one driver is at fault even if both were DUI?
If you read my post I said "there are more circumstances...."
AND NO KYLE MARVEL IS NOT A GRANDSON TO THE FORMER SHERIFF.
Now move along and find something productive to do.
truth

Woodstock, IL

#33 Mar 17, 2013
He makes me sick!! Cheats on his wife an play's at a illegal poker game with my piece of shit kids dad who recently cheated on me an was taking young girls to poker games too. Makes me freakin sick. Terry is a early piece of work. I'd like to get his wifeaan all the other wife's an take them to the poker game that is ran by half the Terre Haute force an or attorneys an let their wife's see what their really doing ab who!!! Bastardss
Papaw

Clinton, IN

#34 Mar 17, 2013
truth wrote:
He makes me sick!! Cheats on his wife an play's at a illegal poker game with my piece of shit kids dad who recently cheated on me an was taking young girls to poker games too. Makes me freakin sick. Terry is a early piece of work. I'd like to get his wifeaan all the other wife's an take them to the poker game that is ran by half the Terre Haute force an or attorneys an let their wife's see what their really doing ab who!!! Bastardss
Well.... that's almost English
voice of reason

Terre Haute, IN

#36 Mar 17, 2013
Info wrote:
Mr. Modesitt goes to an Apostolic Pentecostal church, New Life Fellowship.
It is a very strict religion. Woman aren't supposed to cut their hair. The women have to wear long dresses or skirts. Never pants. They can't drink, smoke or swear.
Years ago they couldn't even watch TV. I guess the rules have lessened since then.
People thought his religion would make him tougher on criminals who committed crimes against children. Looks like quite the opposite is true. I've never seen someone so easy on pedophiles. Makes you sick to think about it.
While I don't believe in a personal God or the promise of an afterlife, I would have to disagree with this persons appraisal of New life which I have observed first hand.. its more like a concert; lots of music and guitar playing. That goes on over half an hour, and then, someone speaks. The women all wear pants, as far as I can see. I've never seen a skirt on any woman there.
Info

Terre Haute, IN

#37 Mar 17, 2013
voice of reason wrote:
<quoted text>
While I don't believe in a personal God or the promise of an afterlife, I would have to disagree with this persons appraisal of New life which I have observed first hand.. its more like a concert; lots of music and guitar playing. That goes on over half an hour, and then, someone speaks. The women all wear pants, as far as I can see. I've never seen a skirt on any woman there.
Then you didn't go to New Life Fellowship out on Wabash.
My sister goes there and I have had many opportunities to interact with them on various occasions, so I know for a fact how they dress and behave.
Yes, they do play music and the preacher gives a sermon. That's common in most churches.
And all the women who attend regularly wear dresses or skirts. And I'm not exaggerating when I say ALL.
FYI, I'm not saying there is anything wrong with the church or their beliefs. I was merely stating that's where the prosecutor goes. And why I believed he would be more strict on criminals.
Disgusted Hoosier

Terre Haute, IN

#38 Mar 29, 2013
Since starting this post, more child molesters have been arrested.
It seems a day can't go by without a report of a new crime taking place.
Has word spread through out the pedophile community that Terre Haute is a haven for child molesters?
It's long past time that our prosecutor started making examples out of these perverts.
Home detention and probation are NOT enough of a deterrent to stop them. Full prison time is in order.
Does Mr. Modesitt not know he's referred to as "Touch me Terry"? That's not meant as a compliment!
Now that the Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force have gotten involved, maybe our prosecutor will do his job!
Not Smart

Terre Haute, IN

#39 Mar 29, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>
You are most intelligent and correct in your communication style. Calling people names is not efficient in debate and decreases the chance of convincing others. I agree with your assessment of the whole situation. What bothers me the most is that Mr. Modesitt constantly wears a crucifix on his lapel. What about separation of church and state? Would it be ok for me to wear my baphomet on my lapel? I do not think so.
Wow you really have no clue what the concept of Separation of Church v. State. Modesitt wearing a lapel cross, has Nothing at all to do with the so called Separation of Church v. State
kill the messenger

Terre Haute, IN

#40 Mar 29, 2013
sadly, the city of terre haute is like other municipalities, pandering to the status quo, ignoring the frightening situation with an elected (yes, elected) school board who supports tanoss and the muslim agenda. Then going on to elect this weird fundamentalist prosecutor. What can we do? Unless someone comes forward and has the guts to buck the system, it wlll go on and on and on, echoing down thru the centuries. Evil has a life of its own.
Satanic Priest

AOL

#41 Mar 31, 2013
Not Smart wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow you really have no clue what the concept of Separation of Church v. State. Modesitt wearing a lapel cross, has Nothing at all to do with the so called Separation of Church v. State
Yes, I am very aware of this. I mentioned the lapel cross because it is a visable violation only, not a factual. Most Terre Hauteans understand the notion of this. Your intelligence is impressive. Satanists are most disgusted with stupidity. I applaud you.

Pimpin in a Double Wide

Since: Oct 12

Terre Haute, IN

#42 Mar 31, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I am very aware of this. I mentioned the lapel cross because it is a visable violation only, not a factual. Most Terre Hauteans understand the notion of this. Your intelligence is impressive. Satanists are most disgusted with stupidity. I applaud you.
Satanists are disgusted with stupidity yet you choose a life ruled by superstition... That doesn't sound just stupid, it sounds outright retarded.
X

Crawfordsville, IN

#43 Mar 31, 2013
Pimpin in a Double Wide wrote:
<quoted text>Satanists are disgusted with stupidity yet you choose a life ruled by superstition... That doesn't sound just stupid, it sounds outright retarded.
Yep. Nail on the head.
Seriously

Netherlands

#44 Apr 1, 2013
You people should give Terry a break. He is overworked and overstressed. Please keep in mind that he's not always aware of the evils carried out by his deputy prosecutors. If you want to complain to him I am 100% certain that he would listen. If you really want to vent your frustrations properly and stop any further problems with letting pedophiles off scott free, then you should blame Head deputy prosecutor Rob Roberts. He's the one that has the soft spot for molesters and violent (real) criminals. He is the main one to blame because he pulls these soft plea agreements out of his ass.
Disgusted Hoosier

Terre Haute, IN

#48 Apr 1, 2013
Seriously wrote:
You people should give Terry a break. He is overworked and overstressed. Please keep in mind that he's not always aware of the evils carried out by his deputy prosecutors. If you want to complain to him I am 100% certain that he would listen. If you really want to vent your frustrations properly and stop any further problems with letting pedophiles off scott free, then you should blame Head deputy prosecutor Rob Roberts. He's the one that has the soft spot for molesters and violent (real) criminals. He is the main one to blame because he pulls these soft plea agreements out of his ass.
I realize you're just trying to help plead Terry's case but your post did the opposite.
You're basically saying the Prosecutor has no clue what is going on in his very own office. That doesn't exactly help his case. It tells me he has bitten off more than he can chew and needs to leave public office so a more qualified person can take his spot. Hell, at this point, I'd be willing to accept someone who has no knowledge on how to plea bargain with a pedophile and/or murderer.

This is a little off topic but I was told by someone from his church that their pastor, Bro. Harpole, encourages them to run for public office. He would like more power in running Terre Haute.
(Harpoles and Treadways are always running for something).
Good points

Höst, Germany

#50 Apr 1, 2013
Disgusted Hoosier wrote:
<quoted text>
I realize you're just trying to help plead Terry's case but your post did the opposite.
You're basically saying the Prosecutor has no clue what is going on in his very own office. That doesn't exactly help his case. It tells me he has bitten off more than he can chew and needs to leave public office so a more qualified person can take his spot. Hell, at this point, I'd be willing to accept someone who has no knowledge on how to plea bargain with a pedophile and/or murderer.
This is a little off topic but I was told by someone from his church that their pastor, Bro. Harpole, encourages them to run for public office. He would like more power in running Terre Haute.
(Harpoles and Treadways are always running for something).
I have heard quite a bit of negative things about the Treadways as well as Robert Roberts. But I can't argue against what you are saying either. Maybe Terry and all the rest of the prosecutors should step down and be replaced with some that aren't in bed with the private prison-for-profit industry. In my opinion, they are keeping the wrong people in the big house over petty crime while sexual pervs and people that have really injured someone go free. This is one of the many problems of Vigo Co's running their legal system as a business, like the economic model of supply and demand, it creates a demand for specific types of prisoners. So the guy that burnt his trash in city limits is looking at a felony arson charge carrying 20 years, while the the sick perv that kidnapped a preschooler for sexual purposes is looking at probation (at the very worst)for a month or so. Believe it or not, Vigo was not always like this. It used to be that no one liked a child molester no matter who he new or was in good with.
Granny

United States

#51 Apr 1, 2013
Amen!
Papaw

Clinton, IN

#52 Apr 1, 2013
Another co-conspirator in Modesitt's office is one of his staff members who answers the phone. She sounds like she's sympathetic and trying to help the victim when all the time she's squirming around the issue and helping to protect the bastard child predator.
Ignorance is Bliss

Terre Haute, IN

#53 Apr 2, 2013
Please... There is this thing called burden of proof. I am all for holding people accountable, but to do that you have to have some knowledge about the FACTS. When you make grand declarations based upon only the conclusion you forfeit any and all legitimacy. Anyone who has half a brain knows that there are extenuating circumstances that FORCE our legal system into situations that they would prefer didn't happen. I.E. uncooperative witnesses, unsure witnesses, his v. her word,lack of evidence (DNA), etc... Everyone has heard of the saying its not what you know its what you can prove. Well its true!!!! There are WAY to many variables to weigh here before you can make grand declarations like someone likes child molesters. The only thing that shows is you are uninformed, incompetent, rash and and just ignorant. I was so curious about all these allegations that I decided to do a little research. You know stuff like,..... Google. Maybe you have never heard of it. I found that Mr. Modesitt PERSONALLY tried at least 3 of these child molesters. Robert Posey-35 yr sentence, Anthony Miller-35 years, Robert Morris-40 years. That's the weird things about facts, they have redeeming qualities that "you" apparently lack. So now that we have some actual FACTS, let us try and assume your next argument. Well,....... he appears to dislike some child molesters, but really likes others...... PUHLEASE....... r u serious? So negating your seemingly ignorant future argument; it appears that my proposed reasoning would be this: That all cases are different. That sometimes, because of our system, makes some cases very hard to prove, which in turn forces deals that are not preferred, but rather realistic. Would you rather take them to trial "knowing they are guilty, but with little evidence" and have them get off or take a plea bargain that is less desirable... Another aspect to think about is this: many times defendants plead and then both sides argue sentencing. That leaves the sentence up to the judge. Food for thought. So.... now lets talk about a valid argument.... anyone..... anyone....
Papaw

Clinton, IN

#54 Apr 2, 2013
Ignorance is Bliss wrote:
Please... There is this thing called burden of proof. I am all for holding people accountable, but to do that you have to have some knowledge about the FACTS. When you make grand declarations based upon only the conclusion you forfeit any and all legitimacy. Anyone who has half a brain knows that there are extenuating circumstances that FORCE our legal system into situations that they would prefer didn't happen. I.E. uncooperative witnesses, unsure witnesses, his v. her word,lack of evidence (DNA), etc... Everyone has heard of the saying its not what you know its what you can prove. Well its true!!!! There are WAY to many variables to weigh here before you can make grand declarations like someone likes child molesters. The only thing that shows is you are uninformed, incompetent, rash and and just ignorant. I was so curious about all these allegations that I decided to do a little research. You know stuff like,..... Google. Maybe you have never heard of it. I found that Mr. Modesitt PERSONALLY tried at least 3 of these child molesters. Robert Posey-35 yr sentence, Anthony Miller-35 years, Robert Morris-40 years. That's the weird things about facts, they have redeeming qualities that "you" apparently lack. So now that we have some actual FACTS, let us try and assume your next argument. Well,....... he appears to dislike some child molesters, but really likes others...... PUHLEASE....... r u serious? So negating your seemingly ignorant future argument; it appears that my proposed reasoning would be this: That all cases are different. That sometimes, because of our system, makes some cases very hard to prove, which in turn forces deals that are not preferred, but rather realistic. Would you rather take them to trial "knowing they are guilty, but with little evidence" and have them get off or take a plea bargain that is less desirable... Another aspect to think about is this: many times defendants plead and then both sides argue sentencing. That leaves the sentence up to the judge. Food for thought. So.... now lets talk about a valid argument.... anyone..... anyone....
Perhaps you should Google a little more. Just 3 years ago an eastside man was seen masterbating and partially nude by 4 (FOUR) adults and several children, standing along a city street on a route traveled by numerous children on the way to school. He was in several locations and was a busy boy that morning during the short window of time that the elementary school children were heading to school. Some of them on foot.
He was rushed through the judicial system as in arrested in the afternoon, booked, released on OR and had his hearing early the next morning. Charged with urinating in public, he received 30 days community service suspended and was released. End of episode but not the end of the story. Last year the same man was charged/arrested for the rape of a 5 year old in another county. At the time he was incarcerated in the Vigo county jail on "other" charges. The other county was determined to prosecute. Modesitt's office claimed to be unaware of the other county's claim. Oddly after Modesitt's office was made aware the other county dropped charges saying the statute of limitations had run out. The other county didn't know this when they filed charges? The time factor was disputed by other people involved in the court system. Oh one other thing, the man confessed to the deed of rape of the 5 year old girl.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terre Haute Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dancing Permit 3 min Davids house 9
Who likes that song ‘Sittin on the toilet’? 15 min Dawn 22
A vote for Harold Ross is a vote for a drug dea... 20 min Chad Fan 3
Dave Fuson is a drunk 27 min Pinky 2
You ever worn a leather cap? (Jan '17) 54 min KennyKeithKelly 25
Ferrets (Jan '17) 57 min KennyKeithKelly 14
Why do my feet stink? (Mar '14) 58 min KennyKeithKelly 14
Lynn Hughes and The Haute 2 hr Aaron 25
Jensen Joy (Sep '15) 3 hr Suckmycock 75
Fennell sentenced and............. 9 hr Yup 32