TH Children's Museum is Pathetic

Posted in the Terre Haute Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
pathetic

Terre Haute, IN

#1 Dec 7, 2012
So, the downtown pulls together a Miracle on 7th street event for the community tonight and low and behold, our wonderful (not) museum decides to offer a reduced admission fee, bless their hearts! Rather than do the right thing and open their doors for a few measly hours for free, they opt to capitalize on the opportunity...remember, these are the same folks that begged the community to donate years ago to open their doors, and it did....what is wrong with them? I realize it can't be free all the time as they have expenses, mostly to cover their overpaid executive staff, but when the entire downtown is closed off for a community event, is it really that bad to expect them to open up for free for a few hours, especially when they are having Christmas type activities there tonight. I personally think they should be ashamed and believe everyone should think twice next time before donated in the future.
what

Terre Haute, IN

#2 Dec 7, 2012
pathetic wrote:
So, the downtown pulls together a Miracle on 7th street event for the community tonight and low and behold, our wonderful (not) museum decides to offer a reduced admission fee, bless their hearts! Rather than do the right thing and open their doors for a few measly hours for free, they opt to capitalize on the opportunity...remember, these are the same folks that begged the community to donate years ago to open their doors, and it did....what is wrong with them? I realize it can't be free all the time as they have expenses, mostly to cover their overpaid executive staff, but when the entire downtown is closed off for a community event, is it really that bad to expect them to open up for free for a few hours, especially when they are having Christmas type activities there tonight. I personally think they should be ashamed and believe everyone should think twice next time before donated in the future.
kept you and your dirtball kids from getting in and tearing the place up
Know

Naperville, IL

#3 Dec 7, 2012
This mentality encompasses the downfall of our country. "I don't understand why (insert everything) isn't being given to me!"
XXX

United States

#4 Dec 7, 2012
I like to pay at the places I go. It's nice when the entry fees are out of reach of the scum in this area. It is nice to be in areas where their stench is absent.
dirt ball

Wheeling, IL

#5 Dec 7, 2012
I wish I could afford it. Sucks being po
what

Shepardsville, IN

#6 Dec 7, 2012
pathetic wrote:
OMG are you serious! What was it $5.00 tonight? With special activities. Wow and anyother time it's $7.50 without special activities.
Northsider

AOL

#7 Dec 8, 2012
pathetic wrote:
One thing to never ever forget: Norm voted against the Children's Museum in the first place. Norm has always stood up to the "money guys" in Terre Haute, while others just kissed their a55es. Watch Norm fight the "money guys" on his new combined Police, Fire and Arson Investigation Headquarters building, too.
Momma

Crawfordsville, IN

#8 Dec 8, 2012
Northsider wrote:
<quoted text>One thing to never ever forget: Norm voted against the Children's Museum in the first place. Norm has always stood up to the "money guys" in Terre Haute, while others just kissed their a55es. Watch Norm fight the "money guys" on his new combined Police, Fire and Arson Investigation Headquarters building, too.
My God you are unhinged. Do you have to derail every topic you post in?
JudgeJudy

Indianapolis, IN

#9 Dec 8, 2012
I can see where it wouldnt hurt them to open the doors for a few hours for free, but I also see, that if it where free, every dirt bag, that dont watch thier kids, would show up, and do what they do best, destroy stuff, and stay till everything free is gone.
Maybe next time they could charge a can of food or two to get in, you know, for a food bank, or $3 an adult, kids free, for the first 50 people or so.
No chance

Terre Haute, IN

#10 Dec 8, 2012
This entire city is full of dirt bags, me included...my point is that the museum was opened due to the willingness of the community to donate when they needed it...and when there is a big event downtown I fail to understand why they couldn't have tried to not capitalize on it...like someone else said, maybe some can goods or something, but to act as if they are giving back by reducing it makes little sense...besides, on to a bigger pet peeve, why do they feel as if they warrant $7.50 per person, making adults pay the same as children? Parent's have no choice, you go with a spouse and 2 kids and it costs $30 bucks...why not charge less for adults? It's not as if there is a single thing inside for adults, I mean, it's a children's museum. Go to Bouncin Barn and they charge for kids, not adults...why can't the museum.?
JudgeJudy

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Dec 8, 2012
No chance wrote:
This entire city is full of dirt bags, me included...my point is that the museum was opened due to the willingness of the community to donate when they needed it...and when there is a big event downtown I fail to understand why they couldn't have tried to not capitalize on it...like someone else said, maybe some can goods or something, but to act as if they are giving back by reducing it makes little sense...besides, on to a bigger pet peeve, why do they feel as if they warrant $7.50 per person, making adults pay the same as children? Parent's have no choice, you go with a spouse and 2 kids and it costs $30 bucks...why not charge less for adults? It's not as if there is a single thing inside for adults, I mean, it's a children's museum. Go to Bouncin Barn and they charge for kids, not adults...why can't the museum.?
You have a good point, do ya think that the people who donated to them get in for free or reduced cost,? Iwould really like to know.
Dafuq.

Brazil, IN

#12 Dec 8, 2012
I agree, I think it should have been free for a few hours. I've personally never been. This would have been a great opportunity for them to gain future customers. And for the record, I'm no where near a dirtball and my children are definitely disciplined. But I do agree, Terre Haute is full of dirtballs.
Also, I don't understand the adults paying full price either. It's like that in Indianapolis too. It's nuts.
PaintPro

Terre Haute, IN

#14 Dec 10, 2012
Prob coulda been free but youre right...every dirtbag would show up. And I could see adults bein cheaper but adults can play w the kids at the children's museum. At Bouncin Barn adults cant do anything.
Not So Sure

Terre Haute, IN

#15 Dec 11, 2012
It's a nice community event but isnt every business there trying to make money? Theyre all selling something.
fact

Cicero, IL

#16 Dec 12, 2012
Try telling one if the vendors that was set up there " hey come set up at miracle on 7th street, give your products away for free though its a nice community event. You will gain future customers!" See how many would shoe up.

Idiots...all of you
No chance

Terre Haute, IN

#17 Dec 13, 2012
fact wrote:
Try telling one if the vendors that was set up there " hey come set up at miracle on 7th street, give your products away for free though its a nice community event. You will gain future customers!" See how many would shoe up.
Idiots...all of you
The only idiot here is you...learn how to spell. My intent was to bring to light that the museum opened its door because the community donated large sums of money...and continue to do so. Look at the Men Who Cook event every year...it raised over $300,000 last year for the museum...and it would kill them to open the doors for free for a few hours rather than offer a petty $2 discount?
Queenie

Indianapolis, IN

#18 Dec 13, 2012
You go ahead, and "shoe" up for free. fact.
Nobody said they should not make any money at the event, after all, that is what it was really all about.
It had nothing to do with putting on an even out of the kindness of thier hearts, but they sure tried to make us all feel like they were doing the community a favor of some kind.
No need for name calling.
what

Terre Haute, IN

#19 Dec 13, 2012
No chance wrote:
<quoted text>
The only idiot here is you...learn how to spell. My intent was to bring to light that the museum opened its door because the community donated large sums of money...and continue to do so. Look at the Men Who Cook event every year...it raised over $300,000 last year for the museum...and it would kill them to open the doors for free for a few hours rather than offer a petty $2 discount?
wine wine wine wine moan moan wine i know your type bitch and complain about every thing
im sure the museum considered free admission but were concerned about the museum being overcrowded to the point no one has a good experience
if it was free you would be complaining that it was to crowded and to many dirtballs
figureitout

United States

#20 Dec 13, 2012
No chance wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a business. A business is for making money. I don't see any donators on here bitching about it not being free. Did you donate? Doubtful, so you have no reason to bitch about it not being free. That is the mentality today, everyone wanting something for nothing. It cost $7.50 for godsake, if you can't afford that then you should stay home.
larry

Terre Haute, IN

#21 Dec 13, 2012
Uh... No, maybe a discount but those of you yelling the loudest I'm quite sure never gave a dime of your gov assistance to this project

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terre Haute Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone. Know FIFI Natalie Wood 30 min iKnow the Idiot 52
Is there a such thing as good internet service ... (Jul '16) 32 min oeriihnf3kbefjkbf... 11
Taghleef Industries Hiring Problem 34 min White Flight 14
Swamp Monsters 1 hr Jill 2
Milfs (Sep '15) 1 hr Wow 21
Hottest sports Moms in TH (Jul '14) 1 hr Damn 6
Scott Taylor 1 hr Drummer Girl 1
Club Soda 2 hr Jenny 17
Franklin Fennell In Lock Up 7 hr rodeo clown 18
Milfs 12 hr Nasty hoe 23

Terre Haute Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Terre Haute Mortgages