81 - 100 of 124 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2012
Rehab

Crete, IL

#86 Aug 27, 2012
That Ain't Rodney King he dead.
Rodney King

Terre Haute, IN

#87 Aug 27, 2012
You right 2ligit2quit. But when when things look like a skunk and smell like a skunk, It must be a Todd. Kinda like my azz whoopin from the po po
2legit2quit

Terre Haute, IN

#88 Aug 27, 2012
concerned wrote:
Why would a coach want a kid that dont want to be on his team? Oh yea to win. Its not about the kids.
Thanks to the DRAFT, if you can call it that, they got these kids spread out all over the place...why couldn't they have left the teams under their middle school and not done this North/South crap? You just got alot of kids no longer with their friends and parents having to drive longer distances for practices. Don't even get me started on the travel crap they got gong on now. How many kids have left b/c it's a joke!
Southpole

Terre Haute, IN

#89 Aug 27, 2012
Rodney King wrote:
Can't we all just get along?
Maybe if we could get a new prez. and things were equal on "both sides of the play'n field" I'm ust say'n
I agree

Crete, IL

#90 Aug 27, 2012
2legit2quit wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks to the DRAFT, if you can call it that, they got these kids spread out all over the place...why couldn't they have left the teams under their middle school and not done this North/South crap? You just got alot of kids no longer with their friends and parents having to drive longer distances for practices. Don't even get me started on the travel crap they got gong on now. How many kids have left b/c it's a joke!
Yeah that wasn't like any draft I've ever seen. It is a joke. We do need to come together as parents and fight for our kids.
I agree

Crete, IL

#91 Aug 27, 2012
Southpole wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe if we could get a new prez. and things were equal on "both sides of the play'n field" I'm ust say'n
Exactly!! Well said.
Parent

Terre Haute, IN

#92 Aug 27, 2012
In my opinion, it's not the board or the president that ruins youth football in this town. It's the handful of trashy, mouthy, immature parents you see posting here.

If you're lucky you only get one on every team, if you're unlucky you get 2-3.

You guys go ahead and band together and pull your kids from the league. The rest of us won't miss you. I guarantee it's about 12-15 of these parents with nothing better to do than to find drama where none would exist without them.
uh-huh

Terre Haute, IN

#93 Aug 27, 2012
I agree wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah that wasn't like any draft I've ever seen. It is a joke. We do need to come together as parents and fight for our kids.
You didn't see the draft, you saw the try outs.
Guessagain

Terre Haute, IN

#94 Aug 27, 2012
Parent wrote:
In my opinion, it's not the board or the president that ruins youth football in this town. It's the handful of trashy, mouthy, immature parents you see posting here.
If you're lucky you only get one on every team, if you're unlucky you get 2-3.
You guys go ahead and band together and pull your kids from the league. The rest of us won't miss you. I guarantee it's about 12-15 of these parents with nothing better to do than to find drama where none would exist without them.
Yes, you be missin us b/c we prob. pay for your kid to play! Funny most of the trashy-mouth parents are on the PREsident WW team....How you like them apples! WORD!
In the know

Terre Haute, IN

#95 Aug 27, 2012
I agree wrote:
<quoted text>
A draft IS necessary.

Without a draft, you would have one coach going out and recruiting all the best kids for his team.

You would have an all star team playing against the rest of the kids.
Then you would have a legitimate complaint.

The coaches decide what they want the kids to do in the try outs.

Shame on all of you who don't realize the huge amount of work that goes along with these UNPAID VOLUNTEER positions.
There are literally dozens of people working their tails off to make sure YOUR kids have the opportunity to play sports.
I doubt all of you complainers have a list of great excuses why you can't volunteer your time.

And FYI, I am not affiliated with vigo football, but I am very involved with baseball. I'm sure we have a lot of the same "problems" in common.

For those of you reading this who don't agree with the complainers, thank a coach, team mom, or board member for their work. Trust me, it goes a long way.
Play by the rules

Terre Haute, IN

#96 Aug 27, 2012
CONCERNED wrote:
I KNOW I WANTED MY SON TO PLAY FOR ONE TEAM, AND THEY PUT HIM ON A TEAM THAT HE DIDNT WANT ON, JUST BECAUSE THE COACH HAS PULL. DONT STOP PLAYING TRAVEL BECAUSE THEY PUT YOU ON A TEAM THAT IS IN THE IN CROWD OF TODDS
So you get to pick what team your on? I guess you are above the draft, right?
inthenot

Terre Haute, IN

#97 Aug 27, 2012
In the know wrote:
<quoted text>
A draft IS necessary.
Without a draft, you would have one coach going out and recruiting all the best kids for his team.
You would have an all star team playing against the rest of the kids.
Then you would have a legitimate complaint.
The coaches decide what they want the kids to do in the try outs.
Shame on all of you who don't realize the huge amount of work that goes along with these UNPAID VOLUNTEER positions.
There are literally dozens of people working their tails off to make sure YOUR kids have the opportunity to play sports.
I doubt all of you complainers have a list of great excuses why you can't volunteer your time.
And FYI, I am not affiliated with vigo football, but I am very involved with baseball. I'm sure we have a lot of the same "problems" in common.
For those of you reading this who don't agree with the complainers, thank a coach, team mom, or board member for their work. Trust me, it goes a long way.
I agree a draft is necessary when done in a fair manner. In this leagues case, not so. This is the problem, no one understands unless there child is in the league. I'm greatful for the volunteers that help, there are some wonderful coaches, but there are others that are not in it for all the kids out there on the field. I have a nephew that plays in this league and has for a few years, and it just seems to be going in the wrong direction. I pray the people in charge are doing right by these children and the hard working families paying an arm and leg to be in this league. I'd like to see someone like Bobby F. that runs the Boys Club be the president. He is a wonderful man and truely loves helping the kids. He's be the type of person this league need to get it back where it needs to be...seriously!
Given

Terre Haute, IN

#98 Aug 28, 2012
CONCERNED wrote:
I KNOW I WANTED MY SON TO PLAY FOR ONE TEAM, AND THEY PUT HIM ON A TEAM THAT HE DIDNT WANT ON, JUST BECAUSE THE COACH HAS PULL. DONT STOP PLAYING TRAVEL BECAUSE THEY PUT YOU ON A TEAM THAT IS IN THE IN CROWD OF TODDS
And your other post: Why would a coach want a kid that dont want to be on his team? Oh yea to win. Its not about the kids.

The more you talk the more you give yourself away! Your the dad that threw a fit in front of your son's whole team and their parents. How embarrassing for him! The parents truly felt sorry for him because your kid just wants to play football. Lets get one thing straight, playing with the avenue kids is making your son look bad because they are much better players than your kid! Here's a lesson for you...your kid is on a team, he is NOT the team. Now keep living your dreams through your son, I'm sure he'll get as far as you did! LMAO

P.S. The way he's playing this year and because you are not personal friends with his coach, lets see if he makes all stars this year! LOL
Explain

Saint Charles, IL

#99 Aug 28, 2012
inthenot wrote:
<quoted text>I agree a draft is necessary when done in a fair manner. In this leagues case, not so. This is the problem, no one understands unless there child is in the league. I'm greatful for the volunteers that help, there are some wonderful coaches, but there are others that are not in it for all the kids out there on the field. I have a nephew that plays in this league and has for a few years, and it just seems to be going in the wrong direction. I pray the people in charge are doing right by these children and the hard working families paying an arm and leg to be in this league. I'd like to see someone like Bobby F. that runs the Boys Club be the president. He is a wonderful man and truely loves helping the kids. He's be the type of person this league need to get it back where it needs to be...seriously!
Please explain how the draft wasn't fair.
How can anything be unfair when you just take turns picking?
well

Terre Haute, IN

#100 Aug 28, 2012
AFTER the draft several players were taken from teams they were drafted to play on and put on another coaches team...
thatsthewayit goes

Terre Haute, IN

#101 Aug 28, 2012
well wrote:
AFTER the draft several players were taken from teams they were drafted to play on and put on another coaches team...
I heard that from some parents on a few teams, and couldn't believe that was allowed to happen. Then teans were uneven in players and skill levels. The daft obviously didn't work, so lets go back to the old way of doing teams. Let them stay where they're at in 3rd/4th grade....you'd have the same amount of teams as now. Right? And prob. less headaches!
forgiven

Terre Haute, IN

#102 Aug 28, 2012
Given wrote:
<quoted text>
And your other post: Why would a coach want a kid that dont want to be on his team? Oh yea to win. Its not about the kids.
The more you talk the more you give yourself away! Your the dad that threw a fit in front of your son's whole team and their parents. How embarrassing for him! The parents truly felt sorry for him because your kid just wants to play football. Lets get one thing straight, playing with the avenue kids is making your son look bad because they are much better players than your kid! Here's a lesson for you...your kid is on a team, he is NOT the team. Now keep living your dreams through your son, I'm sure he'll get as far as you did! LMAO
P.S. The way he's playing this year and because you are not personal friends with his coach, lets see if he makes all stars this year! LOL
You can't nail down what player they're talking about b/c i can think of atleast 3 kids in that same situation...."PLaying with the Avenue Kids" comment about made me puke in my mouth...That's the problem with this league, just because you're form the avenue doesn't mean you have more skill than a kid from the outer city kids...REALLY! Prob just means you run in the right group to get some playin' time!
Fools

United States

#103 Aug 28, 2012
Lorrie wrote:
<quoted text> And why don't you say who you really are and meet at the Ball Field and we will each take turns beating your head in with a bat you Idiot!
Hey Lorrie are you ready to get this party started? I bet you look alot different with that bat in your hands instead of hanging out from between your legs. Is bottle girl a relative?
Fools

United States

#104 Aug 28, 2012
Just as I suspected all blow and no show! I'm still standing where are you Lorrie? Running your mouth somewhere I bet.
bigboy

Terre Haute, IN

#105 Aug 28, 2012
ex Team Mom wrote:
No never seen that leaks? But I know a present team mom. A fat azz woman, Sleeping with anyone that will have her. And some coaches will have her.And did have her.
"TAKE ONE FOR THE TEAM" has a whole new meaning!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terre Haute Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Union Hospital 36 min Yoda 462
lost brown chihuahua in youngstown 1 hr Eyeno 2
Coach Barrett/Dean of THN 1 hr Get Over IT 9
Does Matthew Murray still wet the bed? 8 hr Kim 3
Shriner claims to be Lucifer 9 hr aesdwed2dewe294 3
Sheriff Greg Ewing must go 9 hr Jim jenkens 21
ban rocco cherry from coaching youth football 11 hr jessica 5
Whos the worst bartender in town? (Feb '14) 23 hr Great Dane Dude 44
•••
•••