Vigo youth football
money

Shepardsville, IN

#21 Aug 11, 2012
Where does all the money go that these big companies are donating?
Luck

United States

#22 Aug 12, 2012
Thousands and thousands of dollars are spent every year updating the equipment so the kids can be safe. Stop by Coaches Corner or Pacesetter and ask how much money the league spends in there. Don't know if you people realize how much pad and a helmet really cost.
Unhappy

Terre Haute, IN

#23 Aug 12, 2012
Ben Lawler Cannot coach. Period!!!!!!!!!!
Lou holtz

United States

#24 Aug 12, 2012
Unhappy wrote:
Ben Lawler Cannot coach. Period!!!!!!!!!!
And you can tell by the result of the jamboree?
johnhenry

Terre Haute, IN

#25 Aug 12, 2012
Lou holtz wrote:
<quoted text>
And you can tell by the result of the jamboree?
explain~???
Lou holtz

United States

#26 Aug 12, 2012
It was a question to the op.
Iwannasay

Shepardsville, IN

#27 Aug 21, 2012
I want to know how to get into a meeting to voice my concerns as a parent if board meetings are closed to the public. the league is non-proit...right? there are laws in place to protect us as parents when feeding money into any non-profit org. If you go online and look at oher youth football programs such as ones in INDY all their bylaws and rules are on there along with the proper channels to vote and attend meetings. VCYFL's website has none of this. My question is why. If all the $ is going to equipment as stated above, then why cant I see it for myself. I shouldn't have to take someones word for it. On VCYFL's site there are e-mails and phone #'s for everyone on the board, I challange all of you concerned to contact the board requesting the rules and bylaws for this league. There shouldn't be any reason why we shouldnt be able to get this info. Also, ask when the next meeting is and when elctions are held...see how far you get with that one. Most leagues onl allow 2 terms. Then post on here what answers you get...I'm really curious how many of us get shut down. I'm also curious how many coaches actually had background checks done that were required...ask to see that too. You may be surprised. I really want this league to be great for the kids and not ran farther into the ground....I miss the last president that ran things when my oldest kids were in the league...that's how it was supposed to be ran. He still helps with the league and does it because he loves the game and has the kids best intrest in mind. Just a couple thoughts for this Tuesday....

Since: Aug 12

Terre Haute, IN

#28 Aug 21, 2012
Iwannasay wrote:
I want to know how to get into a meeting to voice my concerns as a parent if board meetings are closed to the public. the league is non-proit...right? there are laws in place to protect us as parents when feeding money into any non-profit org. If you go online and look at oher youth football programs such as ones in INDY all their bylaws and rules are on there along with the proper channels to vote and attend meetings. VCYFL's website has none of this. My question is why. If all the $ is going to equipment as stated above, then why cant I see it for myself. I shouldn't have to take someones word for it. On VCYFL's site there are e-mails and phone #'s for everyone on the board, I challange all of you concerned to contact the board requesting the rules and bylaws for this league. There shouldn't be any reason why we shouldnt be able to get this info. Also, ask when the next meeting is and when elctions are held...see how far you get with that one. Most leagues onl allow 2 terms. Then post on here what answers you get...I'm really curious how many of us get shut down. I'm also curious how many coaches actually had background checks done that were required...ask to see that too. You may be surprised. I really want this league to be great for the kids and not ran farther into the ground....I miss the last president that ran things when my oldest kids were in the league...that's how it was supposed to be ran. He still helps with the league and does it because he loves the game and has the kids best intrest in mind. Just a couple thoughts for this Tuesday....
You are right about all what you said, they had coach's that took money and nothing happen to them, look at James Bell and he is still around, he is a joke and why they him in the park is unreal, They have to show where the money is going and what they buy for the league someine need to call the state and have them look into it if they dont want to show you.
I have been around the league for about 10 years and now and think god my kids are about done and I wont have to deal with it anymore and the people that is running to the ground.
They have officals out there that should not be doing games and most of them can't even do high school games in this area and have to go out of town to just do a high school game and there are a couple that some of the high school will not let them back in there school to do anything.
All I am saying is something is not right with league and they need to open the books up and let ALL of us see where the money is going.
Iwannasay

Shepardsville, IN

#29 Aug 21, 2012
I was floored to hear James Bell was on the sidelines running the chains....not the "chain gang" I think he should be in...really! I guess I don't understand why he isn't in jail or were charges even filed? He's suspended from being a coach for a year I believe...like I said Background checks??? If you're a freind you don't need one? Scarey where the league is going..only this year and were out! Thank goodness..
cards suck wrote:
<quoted text>You are right about all what you said, they had coach's that took money and nothing happen to them, look at James Bell and he is still around, he is a joke and why they him in the park is unreal, They have to show where the money is going and what they buy for the league someine need to call the state and have them look into it if they dont want to show you.
I have been around the league for about 10 years and now and think god my kids are about done and I wont have to deal with it anymore and the people that is running to the ground.
They have officals out there that should not be doing games and most of them can't even do high school games in this area and have to go out of town to just do a high school game and there are a couple that some of the high school will not let them back in there school to do anything.
All I am saying is something is not right with league and they need to open the books up and let ALL of us see where the money is going.
moneyman

Shepardsville, IN

#30 Aug 21, 2012
Sure "some" need to be updated, but every year a fee of no less than $75 is taken in for each kid that plays.Let's just play on #'s for a sec..let's say theres around 600 kids in the league...@$75 a kid= that's $38,000 in fees alone. Plus sponsorship donations and fund raisers...I guess entry fees are paying for the park along w/ consesions. Donations are taken in to pay for jerseys, and "other" needed items. I know what equipment costs and you can get pads retail for $39 at coaches corner....that's retail the league will get a better rate of course...then helmets are more, but have not been replaced every year either...So, yes thousands of thousands of dollars are spent annually for equiptment, but believe me thousands of thousands of thousands is collected every year too.
By the way, Coaches Corner and Pacesetter wont tell you what they spend...duh.
Luck wrote:
Thousands and thousands of dollars are spent every year updating the equipment so the kids can be safe. Stop by Coaches Corner or Pacesetter and ask how much money the league spends in there. Don't know if you people realize how much pad and a helmet really cost.
moneyman

Shepardsville, IN

#31 Aug 22, 2012
See how I typed down the wrong $$$$ for fees....I should work for the league! HAHAHHA $45k is the correct amount. Still its a lot of $$$$$$$$!
moneyman wrote:
Sure "some" need to be updated, but every year a fee of no less than $75 is taken in for each kid that plays.Let's just play on #'s for a sec..let's say theres around 600 kids in the league...@$75 a kid= that's $38,000 in fees alone. Plus sponsorship donations and fund raisers...I guess entry fees are paying for the park along w/ consesions. Donations are taken in to pay for jerseys, and "other" needed items. I know what equipment costs and you can get pads retail for $39 at coaches corner....that's retail the league will get a better rate of course...then helmets are more, but have not been replaced every year either...So, yes thousands of thousands of dollars are spent annually for equiptment, but believe me thousands of thousands of thousands is collected every year too.
By the way, Coaches Corner and Pacesetter wont tell you what they spend...duh.
<quoted text>
joke

Terre Haute, IN

#33 Aug 22, 2012
This league is a joke. No one can see any records on anything when asked and no one is ever told about board meetings ... which means you don't have a vote in who is on the board. They allow a thief on the field as well as ref's that are cheaters... literally. Someone tell me who in the State I need to contact or call to have them investigated and I will damn sure make the call. I just don't have a clue where to turn next since their website is useless to me. HELP.
Inspectorgadget

Shepardsville, IN

#35 Aug 24, 2012
joke wrote:
This league is a joke. No one can see any records on anything when asked and no one is ever told about board meetings ... which means you don't have a vote in who is on the board. They allow a thief on the field as well as ref's that are cheaters... literally. Someone tell me who in the State I need to contact or call to have them investigated and I will damn sure make the call. I just don't have a clue where to turn next since their website is useless to me. HELP.
I believe a small area of the IRS handles the tax side of non-profits and then the Attorney General's Office does investigate claims on non-profits. As far as on a local level....maybe DA's office. The media always likes a good scoop too!lol
Aflac Duck

United States

#36 Aug 25, 2012
How much would you guess all the liability insurance and accident insurance cost for the league? You know what I'm saying? You gotta work with me. I'd guess its close to that $45,000 mark. AFLAC!!!
TreeDog

United States

#37 Aug 25, 2012
I wish they wuld surve biskits n gravy with 6 biskit during them mornin games. I'd recon that mite fil me up fer tha day biger then shit!
Dick E Gee

United States

#38 Aug 26, 2012
Nothing is better then terre Townes baseball. Coaches smoke in dug outs an the trashy moms give up the nappy dug out
Cow Catcher

United States

#39 Aug 26, 2012
I like biskits an gravey. Thas all I got 2 say about dat
wonderbread

Shepardsville, IN

#40 Aug 26, 2012
I don't know insurance is actually pretty affordable. I've seen where it may cost around $300 per team in youth football through AYF website. That's round $15 bucks a kid if you got 20 kids on a team. Don't know who VCYFL goes through or what they pay or their requirements bc nobody knows anything that concerns that league....
talker

Shepardsville, IN

#41 Aug 26, 2012
Who is the girl at the gate with a bad attitude taking my $4 to get in? And how much $ they gettin from ticket sales in CASH MONEY? How is that accounted for?
Jimmy da cricket

United States

#42 Aug 26, 2012
talker wrote:
Who is the girl at the gate with a bad attitude taking my $4 to get in? And how much $ they gettin from ticket sales in CASH MONEY? How is that accounted for?
They take debit and credit cards up there 2.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terre Haute Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mayor Bennett for LG 14 min Terre Haute First 4
Environmental Services Union Hospital 1 hr Lazy 22
Mr. Dan Tanoos needs to resign 1 hr Disappointed Teacher 89
Work in your classroom instead of the Rally 2 hr teacher 20
News Amid heated campaign season, Republicans hope t... 2 hr Jack 1
Home wreckers 5 hr KatieMarie 4
Tiniest penises in the 'Haute ...name em 5 hr looseorwhat 9
Vigo County King Of Welfare 9 hr yeppers 41
Does anybody actually like Danny Tanoos 16 hr The_Predictor 24
Feds at VCSC 16 hr TheRealJonathan16 862