sad lady in burka at Deming Park today

Posted in the Terre Haute Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
concerned

Terre Haute, IN

#1 Nov 18, 2012
It was a beautiful afternoon, so many parents with children enjoying the playground, all ethnic groups, asians, hispanics, whites, blacks.

And then, moving across the terrain, a slim lady in black with her head and face covered, bringing several little children to play on the playground. as she entered the playground, her face covering began to slip, and she adjusted it in order to comply with Muslim dictates.

I saw the crowd look at her and then respectfully move back and give her the space she needed, and yet, you could see they were distressed at seeing an abused woman in their midst. Also, I suspect they were uncomfortable that their chldren had to witness this type of thing. I salute these kind people who didn't want to criticize, but from their actions, you could see they were horrified and felt helpless.

I know, someone is going to say, well its just their culture. I guess the way polygamy was the Mormon culture. But it doesn't make it right and all of us were disturbed today, like it or not.
MoJo

Zionsville, IN

#2 Nov 18, 2012
I did see her, and being the skeptic that 9-11 made me, I wondered, what she might be putting in the water.
Homeland security tells us, we should call athorities on any suspicious activity concerning rag heads, they say it politically correct tho, I say it like it is, I dont trust'em.
They have no regard for human life, they would strap a bomb on thier women, or kids any day to make it into thier so called heaven.
They could even attack our water supply, and food sources.
XXX

Terre Haute, IN

#3 Nov 18, 2012
I didn't know it was their religion to cover their women in burkas. I heard they did it because their women are so ugly it keeps the men from sodomizing the camels. Thank goodness she was in a burka just imagine explaining that to your kids out at deming park.
Who would win

Milton, WI

#4 Nov 18, 2012
Don't think that was a burka a burka is a total covering with no chance of veil slippage.I'm pretty sure burka's are blue and not black.
cynic

Terre Haute, IN

#5 Nov 18, 2012
whatever you call it, this woman and her children are obviously not US citizens.

I sympathize with her situation of abuse, but I would ask that these people stay out of our parks. I remember going to Lincoln's boyhood cabin and he told of seeing black men in chains crossing his road. Think of how upsetting is must be for our children to see a woman being forced to cover her face and hair and entire body. Burkas are banned in France, as they should be here.

Also, there is the fear that these women covering their faces are terrorists who don't want to be recogzinzed. Yes, they could be carrying bombs. It's not out of the question that they might sacrifice themselves to go to some wonderful afterlife, just as the box cutter carrying guys did on 9/11.
Papaw

Clinton, IN

#6 Nov 18, 2012
If they could round up the Japanese and put them in interment camps surely these Muslim threats could be deported back to their country.
funny

Lake Geneva, WI

#7 Nov 18, 2012
cynic wrote:
whatever you call it, this woman and her children are obviously not US citizens.
I sympathize with her situation of abuse, but I would ask that these people stay out of our parks. I remember going to Lincoln's boyhood cabin and he told of seeing black men in chains crossing his road. Think of how upsetting is must be for our children to see a woman being forced to cover her face and hair and entire body. Burkas are banned in France, as they should be here.
Also, there is the fear that these women covering their faces are terrorists who don't want to be recogzinzed. Yes, they could be carrying bombs. It's not out of the question that they might sacrifice themselves to go to some wonderful afterlife, just as the box cutter carrying guys did on 9/11.
Your an idiot, go back to your trailer backward non educated hillbilly. Your nothing but a stupid fearmonger
what

Shepardsville, IN

#10 Nov 18, 2012
cynic wrote:
Maybe we should be scared of fat women and fat men too.
They might not be fat.
It might be a bomb under there.
Maybe we should band anyone who dont dress or look like you.
Maybe we should teach our kids that if someone dresses different or looks different they might hurt us.
Thats all good and well.
Lets not over do it.

buddly

Brazil, IN

#11 Nov 18, 2012
She is probably a wife of one of our local doctors.
Papaw

Clinton, IN

#12 Nov 18, 2012
what wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe we should be scared of fat women and fat men too.
They might not be fat.
It might be a bomb under there.
Maybe we should band anyone who dont dress or look like you.
Maybe we should teach our kids that if someone dresses different or looks different they might hurt us.
Thats all good and well.
Lets not over do it.
Yeah because there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to think someone who follows a religion that requires a woman to dress that way would ever strap a bomb to themselves or shove explosives in their underwear.
MoJo

Zionsville, IN

#13 Nov 19, 2012
They should have to uncover thier faces when they are here, ever heard the expression "when in Rome, do as the Romans"?
I have noticed that women in the media, that go to the Muslim countries, always seem to cover thier faces, is that out of respect of the religion, or out of fear what they may face without the burka?
They obviously have no respect for our way's of life.....and I for one, have no respect for thiers!
Yes we should ban the wearing of burkas!
Mr Mean

Terre Haute, IN

#14 Nov 19, 2012
I find it more appalling to see fat women who wear spandex pants at the park. I don't know who's eyes to cover first, mine or the children.

Spandex pants should be outlawed for anyone deemed overweight or obese.
Giggles

Shepardsville, IN

#15 Nov 19, 2012
I agree with that 100% Mr. Mean.
Anonymous

Brazil, IN

#16 Nov 19, 2012
I know a few chicks that should wear one. Fugly!!
Giggles

Shepardsville, IN

#17 Nov 19, 2012
Hey Hairy Gum, might be a great idea for a christmas gift.
High Speed No Drag

Terre Haute, IN

#18 Nov 19, 2012
cynic wrote:
Maby how you dress should be banned.
cynic

Terre Haute, IN

#19 Nov 19, 2012
I guess it all boils down into whether or not you believe in an after life. If you believe that you will be rewarded in heaven for sacrificing your happiness and femininity to some male oriented religion, then you will feel just fine wearing a burka or a nuns robe. 50, 60, 70, maybe eighty years of your life devoted to this myth.

Women who acknowledge that they have sexual feelings are ostracized in Muslim societies and prob ably our own. iT IS A major control issue. If men can convince women that they are ugly, smelly shouldn't have sexual feelings, then tthey are in control.

I really want this woman whom I saw in the park today to STAND UP FOR HER RIGHTS. You are in the USA. I know, yur husband is probably a student or someone getting freebies. But, we woman are there for you. Just contact the council on domestic abuse.
yup

Terre Haute, IN

#20 Nov 19, 2012
So freakin stupid. Why don't you try to pick up a Quran and read a little bit of it. Maybe then you can see why they cover. NOT for a man, NOT because of their culture, NOT because you think they might be ugly. Reading a lot of these comments let me know how truely stupid most of Terre Haute is. Duh!!!!

Pimpin in a Double Wide

Since: Oct 12

Bronx, NY

#21 Nov 19, 2012
cynic wrote:
I guess it all boils down into whether or not you believe in an after life. If you believe that you will be rewarded in heaven for sacrificing your happiness and femininity to some male oriented religion, then you will feel just fine wearing a burka or a nuns robe. 50, 60, 70, maybe eighty years of your life devoted to this myth.
Women who acknowledge that they have sexual feelings are ostracized in Muslim societies and prob ably our own. iT IS A major control issue. If men can convince women that they are ugly, smelly shouldn't have sexual feelings, then tthey are in control.
I really want this woman whom I saw in the park today to STAND UP FOR HER RIGHTS. You are in the USA. I know, yur husband is probably a student or someone getting freebies. But, we woman are there for you. Just contact the council on domestic abuse.
If you really believe in freedom as do the other posters calling for it to be banned claim to, you should shut thefuck up and respect her right to wear whatever she damn well feels like. If you're that concerned why don't you grow a pair and express your dismay over her attire and give your reasons. Banning burkas is simply forcing something else down their throats, same as what you claim their husbands are doing. As far as the morons going off about bombs they're probably idiot Christian fundies. They same type of jackasses that see nothing wrong with the fact their religion has wiped out entire civilizations and see nothing wrong with pointing out how stupid and rabid fundie muslims are. They're nothing more than different sides of the same coin. Superstitious idiots in a glorified argument over which persons imaginary friend is better.
seriously

Terre Haute, IN

#22 Nov 19, 2012
lol should bitch more about idiots wearing their pants past their ass and less about a burka! Who cares get over it. I guess some are not offended and would rather see some guy's ass!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terre Haute Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How do you tell someone their baby is ugly? (Jun '14) 2 min Boo Boo Kitty 52
Freebirds Jack Arrest 9 min Sobriety 72
News Suspended Terre Haute police officer pleads gui... 28 min Gotta ask 9
rocky(William)billings/aka Charles (Aug '16) 30 min MGL 29
Questions for the school board 40 min Public Education 35
ROLO MILES supports WHITE SUPREMACIST. Checkout... 46 min Ghost ninja 18
Pay for your kid's lunch! 49 min Tax payer 28

Terre Haute Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance