football at boys n girls club
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
concerned mom

Brazil, IN

#130 Feb 18, 2013
Kudos wrote:
<quoted text>
Kudos to Robin or Christy if it is them. As a parent of a football player, I was glad someone had the OVARIES to post the letter. I want to know how Todd feels about his name now being associated with the demise of the vigo county youth football league. I also want to know how Brenda feels now that her kid will have to work for that QB spot. I am jumping for joy she won't be shaking down parents at practice anymore or threatening people. Bye, bye Brenda! LMFAO
Thanks, but I am not Robin or Christy. Just one of the many parents who care about the boys. I think 2 things are interesting. One, NO ONE from the VCYF board has publically commented and two, all of the ranters on this forum have not responded to the letter posting. I guess facing the facts are too much for them. I am just watching to see if VCYF will take the high road and gracefully bow out or not. They need to have a meeting to make decisions on how to procede but have not. Again, they are not following policy. Not very smart. I, also, will be VERY happy to see all of the boys treated equally.
concerned mom

Brazil, IN

#131 Feb 18, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
So are you robin or christy?
no
hoping

Terre Haute, IN

#132 Feb 18, 2013
I went to school with Brenda & some of my friends that know her to told me that she has a criminal past!! They said she shouldn't have been allowed to handle of the money for the VCYFL,she has sticky fingers!! My son has played football with the VCYFL for several years and, he has seen first hand how Brenda belittled a couple of his teammates in front of them when she was on one of her power trips!!Brenda needs to learn to treat people the same way she wants to be treated and, that's with RESPECT!! I'm sure she wouldn't like it if someone was rude to her or her child just because, there the VP. The VCYFL must have been desperate to let someone like Brenda be a VP because,her abilities to treat parents & kids in a friendly manner has proven to be impossible for her. She has no right or reason to talk to any of us parents or our kids the way she has many times!! She needs to be put in her place and, realize she's no better then any of us parents that just enjoy watching our kids play football. The ONLY place Brenda deserves to be at is sitting in the stands with the rest of us parents & be a normal mom for once instead of walking around like she's the queen VP.....LOL
what

Terre Haute, IN

#133 Feb 18, 2013
hoping wrote:
I went to school with Brenda & some of my friends that know her to told me that she has a criminal past!! They said she shouldn't have been allowed to handle of the money for the VCYFL,she has sticky fingers!! My son has played football with the VCYFL for several years and, he has seen first hand how Brenda belittled a couple of his teammates in front of them when she was on one of her power trips!!Brenda needs to learn to treat people the same way she wants to be treated and, that's with RESPECT!! I'm sure she wouldn't like it if someone was rude to her or her child just because, there the VP. The VCYFL must have been desperate to let someone like Brenda be a VP because,her abilities to treat parents & kids in a friendly manner has proven to be impossible for her. She has no right or reason to talk to any of us parents or our kids the way she has many times!! She needs to be put in her place and, realize she's no better then any of us parents that just enjoy watching our kids play football. The ONLY place Brenda deserves to be at is sitting in the stands with the rest of us parents & be a normal mom for once instead of walking around like she's the queen VP.....LOL
whats brendas last name and age
i will look to see if she has a criminal record in terre haute
and post the info
mom

Terre Haute, IN

#134 Feb 18, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
So are you robin or christy?
I know who Robin is but who is Christy?
Tina

Riverside, IL

#135 Feb 18, 2013
figures wrote:
<quoted text>
I try to listen to the other side of the argument and this one made me think. So I did some figuring.
Right now we are at 3 practices a week at 1.5 hours a practice.
That's 4.5 hours of practice a week.
7 days a week = 168 hours
minus 8 hours of sleep = 112 hours
minus 35 hours of school per week = 77 hours
That is 5.8% of their free time spent practicing during the season.
Out of the whole year (77 hours x 52 weeks) they have 4004 hours of free time.
12 week season x 4.5 hours of practice per week = 54 hours.
So a grand total of 1.4% of their free time per year is what we ask. I don't think that is too much to ask.
Keep in mind there is flag football in Terre Haute. That may be a better option for some of these kids and their parents. I'm pretty sure they only practice once a week.
Amen good point! Love it!
Tina

Riverside, IL

#136 Feb 18, 2013
concerned mom wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea who you are and I am glad. You are a nasty person. I did check my facts and it is over. I called Jimmy Smith (Boys and Girls Club), the school corporation and Wabash Velley Sports. VCYF has been denied access to all three locations. Each cited fiscal irresponsibility, felony convictions and inappropriate board protocol as their reasons. None of which has anything to do with parents. The problems lie in MANAGEMENT. Which is why, I presume, Todd Russell and the rest of the board have not spoken to the press. They would have to admit that their bad judgement led to the demise of VCYF.
And you think we cant continue vcyf due to denied location PLEASE get a life...take your kid to ballet you big cry baby!
hoping

Terre Haute, IN

#137 Feb 18, 2013
what wrote:
<quoted text>
whats brendas last name and age
i will look to see if she has a criminal record in terre haute
and post the info
'

She should be around 45 years old because, she's my age.
She's been married several times & I think she just got divorced.
I think she still kept her last married name but,i'm not sure what it is.Before she got married her last name was Scott. If it's true that she has a criminal background like several people have told me then it doesn't make any difference if it's from years ago or recent. All us parents pay to have our kids play football & I dont
think it's smart to give someone the money that we can't trust!!
what

Terre Haute, IN

#138 Feb 18, 2013
hoping wrote:
<quoted text>'
She should be around 45 years old because, she's my age.
She's been married several times & I think she just got divorced.
I think she still kept her last married name but,i'm not sure what it is.Before she got married her last name was Scott. If it's true that she has a criminal background like several people have told me then it doesn't make any difference if it's from years ago or recent. All us parents pay to have our kids play football & I dont
think it's smart to give someone the money that we can't trust!!
no criminal cases for any one named brenda scott a few civil cases
hoping

Terre Haute, IN

#139 Feb 18, 2013
what wrote:
<quoted text>
no criminal cases for any one named brenda scott a few civil cases
Many people have told me that she has had issues with check fraud and being arrested. That would be a good enough reason for me not
to let a person like that handle any money. One of the parents made a comment on here & said that Brenda didn't turn in money that was given to her for our boys.
concerned mom

Brazil, IN

#140 Feb 21, 2013
Tina wrote:
<quoted text>And you think we cant continue vcyf due to denied location PLEASE get a life...take your kid to ballet you big cry baby!
You do not know how to read nor do you have any critical thinking skills. Boys and Girls Club AND Vigo County Schools, AND ISU AND Wabash Valley Sports have denied access. Where are they going to play? Your backyard? Get a clue and think about it for just a minute. Try a litle logic for a change of pace instead of just spouting off.
concerned mom

Brazil, IN

#141 Feb 21, 2013
Tina wrote:
<quoted text>And you think we cant continue vcyf due to denied location PLEASE get a life...take your kid to ballet you big cry baby!
Also, have you noticed that the VCYF board has yet addressed the problematic issues let alone announce a plan for the future in the last month and a half that this has been going on? Again, logic prevails. Logic tells you that they have not publically addressed the situation because they would have to admit to mistakes. Logic tells you that they have not announced a plan because they have no viable solution. It has been 6 weeks since Todd received the letter (see above) and he was well aware of the letter prior to receiving the actual document. Again, use some critical thinking skills and quit spouting off. You would be better served if you used your brain a little more and your emtional rants a little less. Moreover, I have not seen you purporting a plan to resolve all of the issues. Do you have one? Are you capable of thinking one?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terre Haute Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
$100 for your time 23 min simp 3
Fight Riley involving Sarah Scott kids 27 min NWF 61
Vern Eversole ..Teresa Wheatley 1 hr Misstristta 2
Snitch Thread 1 hr Misstristta 25
Clint Lawson 1 hr Haha 1
Scheid Diesel 2 hr YeeHaw 1
Maurice Lamont Martin 3 hr Kajo 35
Feds at VCSC 7 hr Toney Baloney 1,098
Pamela Gardner (Oct '11) 11 hr Independent Party 166
Trans teacher at South Vigo 12 hr Scrooge 64
Vote Barnett over Lockhart for VC school board 15 hr White racist 47

Terre Haute Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Terre Haute Mortgages