Benjamin Franklin Plumbers - Big Time Rip Off Artists

Posted in the Terre Haute Forum

Makes No Difference

Terre Haute, IN

#1 Nov 15, 2012
Most of what they do is not plumbing work. It is seeing how many $79.00 service calls they can make in a day giving out ridiculously high estimates. They don't plan to do much work just collect the service call fees. Got a $500 written estimate to fix a pinhole leak in a water line. He then verbally said well maybe I could do it for $300 ??? A relative got a $1000 estimate to replace three flappers in toilet stools and replace a faucet & she had the faucet already ??? What a joke that outfit and the lady who does their commercial on tv..........check them out online and see the "reviews" they get nationwide..........for selling "service fees".
bloow mahdick

Terre Haute, IN

#2 Nov 15, 2012
That's been pretty well known for some time.
joey

Terre Haute, IN

#3 Nov 15, 2012
call city plumbing, heating and a/c for all your plumbing, heating and air conditioning needs. they do better work and are cheaper than most companies
Kelly

Manito, IL

#4 Nov 15, 2012
City plumbing has never let me down.
Makes No Difference

Terre Haute, IN

#6 Nov 18, 2012
Never, never.............don't ever call Benjamin Franklin Plumbing. Really pity anyone who does.
Makes No Difference

Terre Haute, IN

#7 Nov 23, 2012
I have been advised by an attorney that their $79 rip off fee can be considered by the courts as "elderly fraud" for those of us deemed to be elderly. I am proceeding with a civil suit to see if we can get their attention. Stand by.........
JudgeJudy

United States

#8 Nov 23, 2012
Makes No Difference wrote:
I have been advised by an attorney that their $79 rip off fee can be considered by the courts as "elderly fraud" for those of us deemed to be elderly. I am proceeding with a civil suit to see if we can get their attention. Stand by.........
Don't waste your time or energy on all this, do your homework before you call a contractor, not after the fact next time, make this a lesson this time.
Mercy666

Terre Haute, IN

#9 Nov 23, 2012
Makes No Difference wrote:
This - ripping off - of people around here is reason number two why I hate this town, courts, to the corrupt and greedy business groups. Who also support far left crap like open borders and slave wages. The "Chambers" is not the friend of the common citizen like banks aren't.

I have about done it all locally, plumbing, construction, footers, sewage systems, concrete, elec, painting, furnaces (big rip-offs0 masonry, cable TV contracting, new stick homes from the ground up, and etc. The majority here inflate their prices and costs. Only one I can really say I was proud to know, work for and with.

Those 'senior discounts' are not actually discounts at all... just juggling numbers. I have quit working for many of them here merely because they were total rip-offs. Telling me not to worry about the customer or what I was being told to do even it was taking short-cuts to thinning down agricultural paint jobs that won't last. That is why some here keep changing their business names from year to year or every so often.

Among those 'contractors' in the phone book or in the Freemasons have told me and others on the crew 'not to worry about law suits and the like because few will have the money or want to waste the time, or may be healthy enough, to take them to court over something.' So no worries.

Seen it all here. For many years illegals have worked for local developers and home builders like with sheet-rock crews coming here from Indy to work. And you unions haven't done much to stop it since like the early seventies but seemed to promote it as our labor force and manufacturing all flew over-seas somewhere.

Everything about this area is a rip. From the Chambers to car lots to the price gouging markets and local monopolies like cable TV. Yet the sheep don't seem to complain much, or else I'm told frequently I am the only 'citizen' to complain about such things or the inflated utility costs that rape the old and disabled and struggling.

Take a stand. Compare the cost of local appliance charges for parts with suppliers catalogs, or out of town suppliers. Go here for a washer or dryer part and pay triple or more on the same part you can get in Indy or Brazil for seven dollars compared to fifty or seventy.

Yes, I've been around.

Have a nice T day!
Mercy666

Terre Haute, IN

#10 Nov 23, 2012
Oh, and don't think you can trust the local legal beagles or judges either. Those contractors may just be their in-laws, family, freemason brother or own the business or be a silent partner. I learned this the hard way too. Of course some scum bucket - rowdy attorney - will charge an old person four hundred bucks per five minutes for their time. Locally free legal is reserved for the elite and women and illegals or colored. Justice is kept out of the hands of the common serf here with the high prices of legal aid and the ruiners of our nation and town... lawyers.
Mercy666

Terre Haute, IN

#11 Nov 23, 2012
That includes local politicians and the cliques too!
JudgeJudy

Indianapolis, IN

#12 Nov 23, 2012
Dont ya think thats how the whole world works?
You are soo right, from the BBB to the Chamber of Commerce, its albout them getting the fees that members give them, as long as you pay your fees you can pretty much do bout anything you want.
And as long as you pay the right attorney, or who you think is the right one, you dont have to know anyone special, as long as you have cash.
Unions

Chicago, IL

#13 Nov 23, 2012
JudgeJudy wrote:
Dont ya think thats how the whole world works?
You are soo right, from the BBB to the Chamber of Commerce, its albout them getting the fees that members give them, as long as you pay your fees you can pretty much do bout anything you want.
And as long as you pay the right attorney, or who you think is the right one, you dont have to know anyone special, as long as you have cash.
Perfect description of a union.
Makes No Difference

Terre Haute, IN

#14 Nov 28, 2012
If you "lost" $79 for an unreasonable estimate from this outfit complain where it is heard......

http://www.in.gov/attorneygeneral/2434.htm
Kosal Da

Salt Lake City, UT

#15 Nov 28, 2012
Wow, I didn't realize that these people like to scam others. I hope I can find a good a septic tank cleaner. I don't want to run into these problems in the future.

http://www.a1pumpingandrepair.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terre Haute Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TH business to close 5 min Truth 22
Absolute Towing 1 hr absolute towing 26
Brittany Garver 2 hr Highgear 2
Nightlife 2 hr Alligatorboots 1
dust control in paper (May '09) 2 hr Ray 4
Fuson Dealership 2 hr brokeashell 2
Who are some of the guys in TH you wouldn't wan... (Nov '09) 2 hr Hulkamania 731
Jimmy Smith - school cop 7 hr Dash 48
Jeff Stevens 11 hr Sounds Great 18
vigo county school money 15 hr ?? 10
Powerdyne to Deliver Jobs and Investment to Ter... Thu Windows 21
Union Hospital Thu fred 790
Terre Haute Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Terre Haute People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Terre Haute News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Terre Haute