Whatever

Columbus, OH

#68 Feb 5, 2009
Mike W Jordan wrote:
I am reading what they put, I've also done what they have done, I come in at 6 every morning, if I'm asked if I can stay I do. I'm not saying they are bad employees, I was singling out the ones that just want to complain and the ones that just want to take product home. There are a lot of people I enjoy working with that are good employees, some, not so much.
Sounds to me like 'Mike' is a temporary employee who works shifts in the plant. If you were to read most of these postings carefully 'Mike' you would see that most of these complaints are from the 8-5 (yeah right) salary employees that work upstairs. Working 60-70 hours a week & only getting paid for 40, going well beyond what is required! At least you get paid for staying & helping 'Mike'
William Dale Matherly

Tyrone, PA

#69 Feb 5, 2009
Fred wrote:
Been there,done that.Shipping dept. manager is a joke, everything is a big secret.The workers never know what is going on.
He does not what is going on either. I had a friend of mine who works there bring me several new dvd's and he just walked right pass the boss
Whatever

Columbus, OH

#70 Feb 5, 2009
peepers auntss wrote:
i work for DADC i love my job,you dont, then quit. best place ive ever work. if your a lazy **** and cant handle it, get out! the bus will bring some one in.
A lady that was just let go loved her job also, that is until they put so much on her plate she ended up working evenings & weekends from home just to keep up. She was always the first to ask if anyone needed help & stayed until the task was complete. Sure she made mistakes like everyone else but she was singled out, how many times did we all see her crying at her desk? From what I understand she did go to management & then to HR for help, the 'Powers that Be' just kept putting more & more pressure on her until they found reasons to let her go (only because she refused to give up & quit).

I hope she is reading all of these posts and is happy she doesn't have to deal with this place any longer!
Mike W Jordan

United States

#71 Feb 5, 2009
I was a temp, hired on as seasonal and then laid off in Nov and came back as a temp in Dec. The only parts of the plant that I'm familiar with are dvd packaging and distribution. I've not been in molding or any other parts of the plant. I like working in my area and can see myself staying with Sony as long as I'm wanted and needed. its hard times for everyone.
Jack

State College, PA

#72 Feb 5, 2009
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
A lady that was just let go loved her job also, that is until they put so much on her plate she ended up working evenings & weekends from home just to keep up. She was always the first to ask if anyone needed help & stayed until the task was complete. Sure she made mistakes like everyone else but she was singled out, how many times did we all see her crying at her desk? From what I understand she did go to management & then to HR for help, the 'Powers that Be' just kept putting more & more pressure on her until they found reasons to let her go (only because she refused to give up & quit).
I hope she is reading all of these posts and is happy she doesn't have to deal with this place any longer!
These people did this to my sister when she was in maintenace, said that women cannot do a mans job, she put up with it for six months and quit.
You Know Who

State College, PA

#73 Feb 5, 2009
Want to work for a no it all maintenace micro manager, then work for Ron G he is the lowest of lowest maintenace supervisors at Sony DADC

What a total loser, I mean loser no it all
Sammy

State College, PA

#74 Feb 5, 2009
Your tipical sony maintenace supervisor

see him in you tube

&fe ature=related
from the inside

Anderson, IN

#75 Feb 5, 2009
all crying about your jobs. would it be better if you were in the welfare line , getting you peanut butter and cheese handouts. if you don't like your job then move on , what you all forget that sony did'nt knock on your door and beg you to come and work for them you. YOU KNOCKED ON THEIR DOOR !
Linda

United States

#76 Feb 6, 2009
from the inside wrote:
all crying about your jobs. would it be better if you were in the welfare line , getting you peanut butter and cheese handouts. if you don't like your job then move on , what you all forget that sony did'nt knock on your door and beg you to come and work for them you. YOU KNOCKED ON THEIR DOOR !
You Must be Someone in a Sony supervisory position
to say this.......
from the inside

Anderson, IN

#77 Feb 6, 2009
no Linda i don't work for sony. but i have family that work for them and their just thankful to have a decent job to go to everday.i know there are things that everyone does,nt like about their job but you have to work to make it all come together these days. so why not do the best you can and deal with it ...have a wonderful day
Linda

United States

#78 Feb 6, 2009
from the inside wrote:
no Linda i don't work for sony. but i have family that work for them and their just thankful to have a decent job to go to everday.i know there are things that everyone does,nt like about their job but you have to work to make it all come together these days. so why not do the best you can and deal with it ...have a wonderful day
Now this was a good answer, Yes we do have to cope with what we have now, and make the best of what we have do a great job and not let these people at work our bosses included get to us

“Touch someone at 450 Yards!”

Since: Feb 09

Back Hills, Indiana

#79 Feb 6, 2009
Welcome to corporate america ladies and gentleman!
Give it time and it will spell disaster for them like it has with everyone else, just like a slow disease eating away.
Billy

Clearfield, PA

#80 Feb 6, 2009
Please tell us more Linda, your the best.
Jackie Johnson

United States

#81 Feb 8, 2009
Packets Of Ketchup wrote:
Give it time and it will spell disaster for them like it has with everyone else, just like a slow disease eating away.
Right on..........
JEFF

Clearfield, PA

#82 Feb 8, 2009
LA come fly with me again
Just my Opinion

Terre Haute, IN

#83 Feb 8, 2009
JEFF wrote:
LA come fly with me again
what do you mean by this?

“Touch someone at 450 Yards!”

Since: Feb 09

Back Hills, Indiana

#84 Feb 10, 2009
Jack

State College, PA

#85 Feb 10, 2009
Packets Of Ketchup wrote:
Boy have you got that right. Their electronic product's have a higher failer rate than they used too especialy their LCD TV's

Doug

League City, TX

#86 Dec 31, 2009
Confused wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess I'm confused....I worked for DADC/Sony for close to 15 years. I was a technician in molding and then went into management for another 10 years. I worked in 6 different departments and genuinely enjoyed working with everyone there until I left. I heard the complaining from a few, not from all, and the majority of people were happy to be working there rather than outside making $8/hour. Obviously, many of you posting here are upset and unhappy there, if so, please move on. For everyone's sake. I'm sure you will be much happier somewhere else and will leave an unpleasent environment. But please understand that you have a choice everyday to walk in those doors and clock in, or to drive somewhere else and clock in. You won't agree with everyone, everywhere, in every situation in life.....this is a fact. Sorry for your unhappiness, it's not always someone else's fault? Take the first step toward being happy and find a new job where you are appreciated and if you find yourself in the same situation there, then maybe, just maybe........IT'S YOU!!!
You are just another snooty Sony Boss, well did you ever spell BOSS backwards? it might tell you what you are!!!!
L Smith

Milford, MA

#87 Jan 10, 2010
I will suck u dry, and not miss on drop.
I love the taste of sperm, I have swallowed a lot of kids.
That's why I have this great job, I know how to use want I was born with.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terre Haute Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sewer bill 22 min Johnny Walker Red 6
Idiots at TH North 22 min humble opinion 8
Sheriff Ewing, save tax payers money & quit eat... 37 min says me 5
Feds at VCSC 1 hr Clarence Bell 1,120
WXXR sucks! 2 hr luvsinister 13
Motorcycle Clubs in Terre Haute? (Apr '12) 3 hr Chris 102
Trans teacher at South Vigo 3 hr The D 71
sycamore club 18 hr Legacy 51
Fight Riley involving Sarah Scott kids 20 hr haha 73
Dairy Queen at ft harrison 21 hr Dairy Cheer 16