First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Hmmmm

Galena, OH

#1 Jan 26, 2009
Has anyone heard a rumor of Sony DADC laying off full time workers due to low production?
WTF

Galena, OH

#2 Jan 26, 2009
I heard something about it. I know they have fired several people in the past few months without 'just cause'...I see lawsuits in their future
nobody

League City, TX

#4 Jan 27, 2009
delivered 20 cases of dvds for Sony to Detroit at a cost of over 600.00..what a waste...
Wiser

Galena, OH

#5 Jan 27, 2009
nobody wrote:
delivered 20 cases of dvds for Sony to Detroit at a cost of over 600.00..what a waste...
I hear that, I used to work there & the money they waste is ridiculous! They have more management than I've ever seen in my life! They expect their employees to do the job of 3 people and when they can't keep up they make the employee feel bad.
Secret

Galena, OH

#6 Jan 27, 2009
They just fired a lady here for 'job performance', I have worked with her since she was hired and know she's one of the hardest workers I've ever seen. Management pushed her to the limit, it's a wonder she didn't quit....it's sad that companies can't appreciate hard workers but keep some employees around that don't give a rats ***!
Madmoney

Terre Haute, IN

#7 Jan 27, 2009
I have heard this too, somewhere around a third of the workforce. I pray for all of you and your families that are losing their jobs there. :)
sock monkey

Milwaukee, WI

#8 Jan 27, 2009
Yesterday Ivy Hill Packaging laid off workers. I was told around 15 or so. Some that did not get laid off moved to different jobs & different shifts. Terre Haute does not need anymore jobs gone!
Savy

Galena, OH

#11 Jan 27, 2009
sock monkey wrote:
Yesterday Ivy Hill Packaging laid off workers. I was told around 15 or so. Some that did not get laid off moved to different jobs & different shifts. Terre Haute does not need anymore jobs gone!
That's a shame, I hear Sony is cutting hours...they run 12 hour shifts & employees are only working 10 hour shifts. Times are tough all around...
Wii User

Chicago, IL

#12 Jan 27, 2009
Sony treats their regular employees like crap anyway. I hope they cut back some of the top management. They could save a lot of money by cutting some of the idiots that are making $80-$100K/yr for doing nothing but sitting in useless meetings all day.
Madmoney

Terre Haute, IN

#13 Jan 27, 2009
I know it....Should be interesting..
Jeff

Clearfield, PA

#14 Jan 27, 2009
If the one we know is layoff, she will just go back to shoplifting to support her needs.
hard worker

Altoona, PA

#15 Jan 27, 2009
Wii User wrote:
Sony treats their regular employees like crap anyway. I hope they cut back some of the top management. They could save a lot of money by cutting some of the idiots that are making $80-$100K/yr for doing nothing but sitting in useless meetings all day.
i agree. i worked as a tech there 12 years. i quit in 1998. the place has not changed one bit.
i'll never buy sony because of them.
Just say no

Galena, OH

#16 Jan 27, 2009
Wii User wrote:
That's no doubt! When you need a manager you cannot find one but they are the first to bring the hammer down on their employees...they are never around long enough to know what's going on in their department! People are working 60-70 hours a week & only getting paid for 40....
Mike

United States

#17 Jan 27, 2009
I like working for DADC. I was layed off in November(because I knew I was going to be, I was seasonal) and came back as a temp. Its hard times right now, we just have to deal with it.
Just say no

Galena, OH

#18 Jan 27, 2009
Mike wrote:
I like working for DADC. I was layed off in November(because I knew I was going to be, I was seasonal) and came back as a temp. Its hard times right now, we just have to deal with it.
I used to like working there also until I was there for a couple of years...as a full time employee. It's different for seasonal/temps cause you pretty much know you will most likely be leaving but for the full timers, we see what's really happening there! Stay in your happy place Mike...it's safer there!
Madmoney

Terre Haute, IN

#19 Jan 28, 2009
Mike is a company man....get used to it!:)
mamamuscovy

League City, TX

#21 Jan 28, 2009
To start off with I don't know anything about DADC, but a year ago I was terminated from my job with out any reason given. I had worked there for 18 years. When it comes to management they do what they want to do and the little guy suffers the consequences. I feel sorry for all of those who are not working and finding another job is a joke. I know I've been looking for a year!!
Mr Manning

Warrenville, IL

#23 Jan 28, 2009
The Terre Huate are has always had poor management due to the promotion of wanabees supervisors be promoted into managment positions
with out a clue to the job not alone any management or people skills.

They become what is called Micro Managers.

I have seen some of they laziest people in the 4 Industries I have worked at that should have been let go, suckup to managment and get promoted to managment aka (stupervisor)and cause the company alot of discord and internal hate, poor productivity.

when companys get big like the goverment they do not care about you or I.

Mr Dave Manning,
anony

United States

#24 Jan 28, 2009
I have worked for sony for 7 years as a full time employee and honestly I couldn't ask for a better job.My supervisor is one of the best I have ever had I work a normal shift (with overtime whenever I want) I get a more then decent wage,and as long as they keep making movies in hollywood my job is secure.I have not heard anything about laying off 1/3 of the fulltime workers from anyone.I know they have cut some of the temp workers hours but that is so they dont have to lay anyone off.My mother in law is a temp worker there and she is still working steadily and getting offered overtime on occasion so business isnt too bad.Besides given a choice between working 40 hours a week instead of 48 or not working at all what would you choose?
nobody

League City, TX

#25 Jan 29, 2009
I was waiting for someone to say they liked it I knew that there was someone happy about a better that average job(for the area)...temp workers are just that temp workers...there are a problem in the job market....its just easier for the employers layoffs mmmm they have been happening all my life,,and before and after...some people act this is all new...like the weather...10yrs its hotter...10yrs its colder...things will pick up again they always do..some people need to stop WANTING us to fail just to make someone look bad>>??..wonder who that could be

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terre Haute Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Better Wake Up 43 min isu 4
Angela mia Poff pezan windle (Nov '14) 52 min Stink Eye 81
Andi Turley 4 hr NoName 12
most hated terre hautian? 5 hr joeMama 14
kaylin 6 hr Curious 2
New Northview Principal (May '12) 6 hr springtime 37
Jasmine Gill 7 hr sorry 7
What would you do if your child told you a teac... 8 hr Sensible 63
Vigo County School Corporation Victims Thu to "concerned" pa... 19
More from around the web