Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

virtual wrote:
<quoted text>So are you FYI or Morning Coffee. Bigger question why did he start Fox news.
Lol- I'm both today. But yeah about Fox. Fox Is owned by a company called Newscorp. Newscorp started as one new station in FL several years ago when it was purchased by Rupert Murdock, a native Australian, and an Arab prince. Sorry, I couldn't begin to recall & spell the name of the guy from Saudi Arabia without looking it up and I'm too sleepy. I can tell you that the prince was under suspicion for terrorism last year. Newscorp purchases major American media outlets in a way that I think is alarming. Last year they bought The Wall Street Journal. Murdock is open about his desire to promote a right wing conservative agenda. One would have to ask why.

virtual

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

my morning coffee FYI wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol- I'm both today. But yeah about Fox. Fox Is owned by a company called Newscorp. Newscorp started as one new station in FL several years ago when it was purchased by Rupert Murdock, a native Australian, and an Arab prince. Sorry, I couldn't begin to recall & spell the name of the guy from Saudi Arabia without looking it up and I'm too sleepy. I can tell you that the prince was under suspicion for terrorism last year. Newscorp purchases major American media outlets in a way that I think is alarming. Last year they bought The Wall Street Journal. Murdock is open about his desire to promote a right wing conservative agenda. One would have to ask why.
Didn't ask for the history. I asked why he started Fox news.
my morning coffee FYI

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

virtual wrote:
<quoted text>Didn't ask for the history. I asked why he started Fox news.
You didn't ask for the history but you needed to know it.
virtual

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

<quoted text>
You didn't ask for the history but you needed to know it.
How come your afraid to answer the question.
my morning coffee FYI

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

virtual wrote:
<quoted text>How come your afraid to answer the question.
I've said it 2 or 3 times. He started Fox to promote a conservative agenda.
X

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

virtual wrote:
<quoted text>How come your afraid to answer the question.
What more of an answer do you want from him? Why don't you just give us YOUR reason as to why he started Fox News?
virtual

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

<quoted text>
I've said it 2 or 3 times. He started Fox to promote a conservative agenda.
Why did he need to start a news outlet with a conservative agenda.
X

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

virtual wrote:
<quoted text>Why did he need to start a news outlet with a conservative agenda.
It was an overlooked market, maybe?

Since: Oct 12

Nabb, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

virtual wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did he need to start a news outlet with a conservative agenda.
Are you retarded or what? As morning coffee already stated, he started Fox to promote a conservative agenda... probably because he is a conservative. If that isn't good enough for you maybe your dumbass should go straight to the source and ask him why he did it.
virtual

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Pimpin in a Double Wide wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you retarded or what? As morning coffee already stated, he started Fox to promote a conservative agenda... probably because he is a conservative. If that isn't good enough for you maybe your dumbass should go straight to the source and ask him why he did it.
Pimp I'm so disappointed in you. The reason he started Fox News was to try and level the playing field. Add some balance with all the left leaning news stations.

Anderson, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

virtual wrote:
<quoted text> Pimp I'm so disappointed in you. The reason he started Fox News was to try and level the playing field. Add some balance with all the left leaning news stations.
Oh really, you know that as a fact... As in he stated that himself? It seems that if one wanted to do the right thing it would be to start a news station the presented facts in an objective manner instead of simply parroting what a bunch of dumbasses were already doing and spinning shit to fit an agenda. But hey, I guess it's just easier to add to the shit heap while raking in tons of cash off of fear mongering like everyone else is. But yeah you're right, a least he was original enough to do it from a conservative standpoint... dumbass.
my morning coffee FYI

Sullivan, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

<quoted text>Oh really, you know that as a fact... As in he stated that himself? It seems that if one wanted to do the right thing it would be to start a news station the presented facts in an objective manner instead of simply parroting what a bunch of dumbasses were already doing and spinning shit to fit an agenda. But hey, I guess it's just easier to add to the shit heap while raking in tons of cash off of fear mongering like everyone else is. But yeah you're right, a least he was original enough to do it from a conservative standpoint... dumbass.
I read that in Newsweek a few years back and then did a little googling to flesh out the info provided. The point of the article was the rapid growth of Newscorp. I've wondered ever since then why an Australian and a Saudia Arabian prince had an interest in promoting any kind of an agenda in the US. In my opinion the Fox News channel is the closest thing to propaganda that I've ever seen. They absolutely do specialize in fear mongering. All newscasts can and do carry the reporters bias but I perceive a not so subtle difference with Fox News.
my morning coffee FYI

Sullivan, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

<quoted text>I read that in Newsweek a few years back and then did a little googling to flesh out the info provided. The point of the article was the rapid growth of Newscorp. I've wondered ever since then why an Australian and a Saudia Arabian prince had an interest in promoting any kind of an agenda in the US. In my opinion the Fox News channel is the closest thing to propaganda that I've ever seen. They absolutely do specialize in fear mongering. All newscasts can and do carry the reporters bias but I perceive a not so subtle difference with Fox News.
Recall the link between the Saudi and terrorism too.

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

<quoted text>
I read that in Newsweek a few years back and then did a little googling to flesh out the info provided. The point of the article was the rapid growth of Newscorp. I've wondered ever since then why an Australian and a Saudia Arabian prince had an interest in promoting any kind of an agenda in the US. In my opinion the Fox News channel is the closest thing to propaganda that I've ever seen. They absolutely do specialize in fear mongering. All newscasts can and do carry the reporters bias but I perceive a not so subtle difference with Fox News.
I don't watch any of these so called news channels other than maybe catching a few glimpses while at the gym, but Fox and MSNBC are pretty much in a dead heat for bullshit reported as fact.... they're simply opposite sides of the spectrum.
my morning coffee

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

<quoted text>I don't watch any of these so called news channels other than maybe catching a few glimpses while at the gym, but Fox and MSNBC are pretty much in a dead heat for bullshit reported as fact.... they're simply opposite sides of the spectrum.
Your certainly not alone in thinking that way because SO many viewers do. But in my mind there is a subtle difference. While news stations all have experts and pundits present their interpretation and opinion of news events, Fox has experts and pundits too but they present their opinions as news, or fact. These people really spin a story. Other news stations present the same news with different "expert" commentary. Fox has stories you don't even know where it came from. No one else has heard about it. Everything is always Obama's fault as if no other branch of government exists. My gym only has Fox on the TVs. I see enough. PBS has a good news broadcast.
my morning coffee

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

my morning coffee wrote:
<quoted text>Your certainly not alone in thinking that way because SO many viewers do. But in my mind there is a subtle difference. While news stations all have experts and pundits present their interpretation and opinion of news events, Fox has experts and pundits too but they present their opinions as news, or fact. These people really spin a story. Other news stations present the same news with different "expert" commentary. Fox has stories you don't even know where it came from. No one else has heard about it. Everything is always Obama's fault as if no other branch of government exists. My gym only has Fox on the TVs. I see enough. PBS has a good news broadcast.
They spin everything as dire.
X

Crawfordsville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

my morning coffee wrote:
<quoted text>Your certainly not alone in thinking that way because SO many viewers do. But in my mind there is a subtle difference. While news stations all have experts and pundits present their interpretation and opinion of news events, Fox has experts and pundits too but they present their opinions as news, or fact. These people really spin a story. Other news stations present the same news with different "expert" commentary. Fox has stories you don't even know where it came from. No one else has heard about it. Everything is always Obama's fault as if no other branch of government exists. My gym only has Fox on the TVs. I see enough. PBS has a good news broadcast.
I really don't agree with that. I think that Pimpin is right; they both have their audience, and they spew a certain agenda, equally. It's all about advertising dollars.
Common

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

I think you all are a bunch of stupid asses. Talking like you know politics and shit.
my morning coffee

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

Common wrote:
I think you all are a bunch of stupid asses. Talking like you know politics and shit.
I believe the topic, insofar as my ass has been involved, has been about news channels and most particularly Fox. Guess the Topix got a bit lofty and cerebral for a few posts. My apologies and shit poster Clampett! In appreciation of your role as the intelligence police, the Officials at Topix wish to award you with a lovely leather bound Webster's dictionary inscribed with your name "Ass".... Or should that be "Common Ass"?
X

Crawfordsville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

Common wrote:
You've given us a lot to think about. Thank you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

151 Users are viewing the Terre Haute Forum right now

Search the Terre Haute Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Jenni hedges taylor? Were she go? 11 min curious 4
lexi Montgomery 20 min curiosity 1
Union Hospital 44 min The Wizard 56
For the Communist in Terre Haute. Obamaphiles 53 min Dotell 189
What does City Council need? 56 min Had Enough 28
Backpacks, schools, & Union Hosp. 1 hr Had Enough 2
Vigo county dispatch in shambles 1 hr Dotell 13
vcsc 3 hr in the know 72
Travis Heaton 5 hr Ahcas Haisoj 8