shahadey and son under investigation

Posted in the Terre Haute Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
HUMOR

Terre Haute, IN

#1 Sep 12, 2012
Frank Shahadey is a crooked cop. His son was just arrested Saturday for theft and receiving stolen property. Rumor has it, that the son was stealing and having his father fencing off the stolen goods for him. Injustice? What do you think?
Wabash

Kendallville, IN

#2 Sep 12, 2012
HUMOR wrote:
Frank Shahadey is a crooked cop. His son was just arrested Saturday for theft and receiving stolen property. Rumor has it, that the son was stealing and having his father fencing off the stolen goods for him. Injustice? What do you think?
Statement of fact backed up by a "rumor". Really?

“Licensed Fool”

Since: May 12

Not laughing with you...

#3 Sep 12, 2012
Don't have any personal knowledge on the matter but thank you for posting a specific incident of alleged corruption that can be discussed.
Wabash

Kendallville, IN

#4 Sep 12, 2012
Only some of it is alleged. The first sentence is not.
Happy town

Clinton, IN

#5 Sep 12, 2012
Frank is a dishonest human being. He's overbearing and disrespectful to almost everyone. A loose cannon is how he has been described for years. If there are facts to back this up I hope they come out.

Location hidden

#6 Sep 12, 2012
I was told from a county source that Shahady cost the county a big payoff many years ago. Why they kept him after that is a mystery. It wasn't his only over the line incident either.
blondie8675309

Terre Haute, IN

#7 Sep 12, 2012
Maybe not Frank but John Shahadey hands down was arrested for impersonating a police officer lol. Coming from someone on disability smh. Comical.
SOUTHENDER

Indianapolis, IN

#8 Sep 12, 2012
Part of the proof would be his sons name on the jail list in the paper, right? It was in there last week. Theft and receiving stolen property.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#9 Sep 12, 2012
blondie8675309 wrote:
Maybe not Frank but John Shahadey hands down was arrested for impersonating a police officer lol. Coming from someone on disability smh. Comical.
Was that Frank's son or brother?
SOUTHENDER

Indianapolis, IN

#10 Sep 12, 2012
Momma said wrote:
<quoted text>
Was that Frank's son or brother?
His brother for impersonation of officer. He has been doing it for years. About time he is caught and charged for it.
Next door

Elmwood Park, IL

#11 Sep 12, 2012
Frank has for years been thug for local realtors and property owners while off and on duty.Know of one instance where a person got busted for drugs while he was doing this the person was later let out of jail and told to forget it happened. Frank was working for his landlord and getting paid to get him to move. Frank has served this county for along time and has done a lot of good without a doubt. But everybody knows about the otherside of Frank though I don't believe the above to be true he's to slick for something like that.
Mr Lucky

Saint Mary Of The Woods, IN

#12 Sep 12, 2012
Keaton Shahady is Frank Shahady's son.Keaton was arrested and the name appeared in Tribune over the week end - happened Saturday afteroon - the arrest that is.

Location hidden

#13 Sep 12, 2012
The story goes that Frank beat hell out of a sleeping trucker who was parked on a car lot where Frank was doing a night security job. Back then it was kind of an unwritten rule that the dealership would allow a semi or 2 to park overnight. Another story that went around about him was less violent but way over the line. A couple of young girls accidentally drove off the side of the road and left some moderate wheel tracks in the right of way. Frank chased them down, berated them and intimidated them. He also demanded money from them for restitution. These stories came from some of his coworkers. He's also been known to arrest someone to show his authority. I've seen this first hand.
Cledus

Terre Haute, IN

#14 Sep 12, 2012
Momma said wrote:
A couple of young girls accidentally drove off the side of the road and left some moderate wheel tracks in the right of way. Frank chased them down, berated them and intimidated them. He also demanded money from them for restitution. These stories came from some of his coworkers. He's also been known to arrest someone to show his authority. I've seen this first hand.
I have my doubts about the truck driver story & the OP who said Frank was fencing stuff. The part where the girl got into his yard & he chased her down was in the Tribstar years ago & happened. As for the show of authority, that seems to go along with any testosterone ego driven LEO. I've had an encounter with a different VCSD employee who was a demeaning smart ass & lied in their report.

Location hidden

#15 Sep 12, 2012
Cledus wrote:
<quoted text>
I have my doubts about the truck driver story & the OP who said Frank was fencing stuff. The part where the girl got into his yard & he chased her down was in the Tribstar years ago & happened. As for the show of authority, that seems to go along with any testosterone ego driven LEO. I've had an encounter with a different VCSD employee who was a demeaning smart ass & lied in their report.
Sorry Cledus, the truck driver story is real. It was a long time ago but pretty sure it happened. The wheel ruts story wasn't his yard, at least not what I'm referring to. Not all stories make the papers.

“Licensed Fool”

Not laughing with you...

#16 Sep 12, 2012
For some reason I am getting judged as being clueless, nuts and offtopic. This is what I meant in all of the threads with general allegations of police corruption. Let's talk about specific incidents like this rather than make broad, general accusations.

Location hidden

#17 Sep 12, 2012
The Comedian wrote:
For some reason I am getting judged as being clueless, nuts and offtopic. This is what I meant in all of the threads with general allegations of police corruption. Let's talk about specific incidents like this rather than make broad, general accusations.
You're in the club, congrats! No matter what I say my little decorating fairy magically gifts me with colorful grafitti. Most are of the disagree variety even when I echo a post decorated with the agree type smileys. But I don't worry, it's all good cause they so purdy.
Wabash

Casey, IL

#18 Sep 12, 2012
Momma said wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Cledus, the truck driver story is real. It was a long time ago but pretty sure it happened.
Classic.

Location hidden

#19 Sep 12, 2012
Wabash wrote:
<quoted text>
Classic.
Classic what
That his comrads ratted him out?
mr lucky

Saint Mary Of The Woods, IN

#20 Sep 13, 2012
and Frank also works for ..........VCSC !!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terre Haute Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
RIP Cheryl Lough 6 min dolt 72
teacher salary 17 min Honey Creek Parent 104
ALORICA Pre Employment Drug Screen (Dec '13) 38 min Unknown 21
Angela mia Poff pezan windle 46 min Thnaitive 4
People of Terre Haute 1 hr Butthole 59
YES smoking pot DOES make you a bad person, Her... (Mar '14) 1 hr bet not 328
THN "horseplay" 1 hr headinthesand 1
Patsy Kelly WTHI . 12 hr Popo 13
Union Hospital 12 hr Rose dale 729

Flood Warning for Vigo County was issued at November 26 at 10:55AM EST