The Mummies last night
Brodie

Terre Haute, IN

#1 Apr 7, 2013
I couldn't believe that the Mummies only played for just over an hour last night! No warm up band either. Combined with smart-ass shriners wanting $4 for a glass of beer, it was a total waste of money.

They didn't even sell out this time either.
barguru

AOL

#2 Apr 7, 2013
This is proof of the good ole boy network in Terre Haute at play. First, lets get our members to go out and destroy all other live music venues in the area. Great, we put down the Dawghouse, next TK's, and lastly Blukatt. Now, lets raise all beer prices and make sure that the bands play at one hour so we have to pay less. Yes, its called the game of MONOPOLY.
In the know

Terre Haute, IN

#3 Apr 7, 2013
barguru wrote:
This is proof of the good ole boy network in Terre Haute at play. First, lets get our members to go out and destroy all other live music venues in the area. Great, we put down the Dawghouse, next TK's, and lastly Blukatt. Now, lets raise all beer prices and make sure that the bands play at one hour so we have to pay less. Yes, its called the game of MONOPOLY.
Every bar you named did nothing but attract trouble. Good music? You clearly know nothing about music. The best thing that's happened to downtown at night was the blukat being closed. If you are really concerned about good music, be thankful you are close to cities that do have good acts.
You know nothing

United States

#4 Apr 7, 2013
The Blu Katt started as a great place for music. Bringing in a band that plays on Broadway in Nashville night after night filling the bar. Yes their bar service was slow but after what i saw at Show Me's last night and 7th and Elm on Friday the Blu Katt was fast. The problem started when the Thursday night crowd started coming in on the weekends causing problems. Terre Haute needs a bar that is set up for bands and enough seating you don't have to get there at 7pm for a seat.
Dext

Terre Haute, IN

#5 Apr 7, 2013
Blu-Katt - Black bar. Any bar that caters to the brothers is destined to fail. This one is no different.

Helps to pay your bills too as they didn't!!
tut

Terre Haute, IN

#6 Apr 8, 2013
Love the mummies,but the volume was way to loud and the lighting sucked. Looked like they were in the dark most of the show.
barguru

AOL

#7 Apr 8, 2013
Thats because they did not hire quality music lighting. That is expensive. When you are an monopoloy, you don't have too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terre Haute Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Clinton, Indiana Neighborhood Watch (Aug '08) 1 hr Jack Gilfoy 125
So is this Dr. Cobble guy insane? 2 hr Watching 7
Kris Painter- THN Athletic Director ??? 2 hr Parent 18
Walmart Fema Camps Jade Helm. 3 hr Jade Helm command 2
Why was Susan Mardis on a 3 day administrative ... 3 hr Illuminati 79
jane williams 3 hr dave 1
John Shahadey arrested (Jan '15) 4 hr Anonymous 16
Union Hospital (Jul '14) 4 hr i am union 1,134
New South Tennis coach isn't Wes Kirk, the assi... 5 hr midwestman1950 30
More from around the web