“The Ministry of Information”

Since: Jan 12

Terre Haute, In

#62 Sep 13, 2012
Eel fan south grad wrote:
Sullivan county around Dugger used to be a hot bed for satanic stuff.Was coon hunting once in a woods by coal mine and came across some pentagrams hanging in trees and signs of a large fire spooky as hell.
Now all you'll find is blister packs, empty cans of starter fluid and coffee filters.

Since: Apr 10

Terre Haute, IN

#63 Sep 13, 2012
that cemetary on east wabash just outside of town. i was driving thru there on my way out and happened to be in the very back road (northernest) when i suddenly felt strange.

i was driving slow checking out headstones and had this overwhelming feeling of sorrow rush through my body. i didn't feel like moving and just felt sunk in like. it was so bad that i had to stop for a few minutes and tell my kids that i was looking at a grave to keep them from getting scared. i have never felt like that nor do i ever want to. just thinkin about it gives me the creeps.

i truly believe that it was a spirt. i truly feel sorry for whoever feels like that in their life (or afterlife).
terrehautehistor y

Philadelphia, PA

#64 Sep 13, 2012
yeah, they sure don't do ritual satanic sacrifices like they used to..:-[
creepy

Terre Haute, IN

#65 Sep 27, 2012
Enough wrote:
Stiffy Green is not a stuffed dog he is a statue (John Heinl may have very well had a bull dog but not this one.)
The local legends and lore
Stiffy green
The Martin sheets mausoleum
The old RR trestle
( there were 3 train disaster from 1802-1902
Cromwell hall at ISU
The Preston house, torn down now
The Terre Haute House, torn down
100 steps cemetery,
(count the steps going up and down up turn around and the care taker will appear and tell when and how you will die)
Hatchmens grave,
When the moon is full he is out looking for hads
Sulfur Springs Cemetery
(the ground is haunted due to conflicts between Indians and white men.)
Rule cemetery, A witch buried there supposedly
Red Eyes
To many of the covered bridges to list
Grounds of Fort Harrison
(that place is creepy)
Deming School,
(supposedly a man haunts the school
(many of the employees especially those who clan at night report strange things)
At 6th and Ohio you are walking or driving over old graves.
Orchard hill the 2nd cemetery in TH
Old mill Dam legend of a young girl walking the banks
The Markle house across the street, part of underground railroad.
and that is just some I can think of right now.
There was a grave yard at 6th and ohio?
jenny78

Brazil, IN

#66 Sep 27, 2012
i have a hallway that is haunted. by hotdogs.
Spence

Terre Haute, IN

#67 Sep 28, 2012
Eel fan south grad wrote:
The old fairbanks school in fairbanks lot of weird stuff goes on in that place ,showers turn on and off,noises,voices,smells and the list goes on.
Really? I play basketball there a lot but I'm so focused I don't really pay attention to anything else. I went upstairs once and it felt like someone was watching me.
rockwell & MJ

Crawfordsville, IN

#68 Sep 28, 2012
Spence wrote:
<quoted text>Really? I play basketball there a lot but I'm so focused I don't really pay attention to anything else. I went upstairs once and it felt like someone was watching me.
I always feel like somebodies watching me....
Eel fan south grad

Chicago, IL

#69 Sep 28, 2012
No joke about school very weird and spooky stuff it's a great old building I hope they can keep it open do the still fix breakfast there they did a few years ago
Peace

United States

#70 Sep 30, 2012
my favorites wrote:
The arches in green castle are pretty neat and spooky. Its 7 stone arches about 40 feet tall that support train tracks there's a chamber between each arch that can only be reached if you go over and down the arches. Spooky freaking place.
My other favorite is Elishias grave drive eat on 42 until you o across a bridge over I 70. Take the first right after the bridge go about half a block and you'll see a gravel road between two ponds that leads into the woods. Follow the road (you have to walk it the gates always locked) and you'll come to a clearing with a cemetary. In the middle of the cemetery three roads back there's a tall grave stone the inscription reads:
As you are no so once was I.
As I am now you soon will be.
Prepare for death and follow me.
Read it three times and Elisha will walk across the back of the grave yard near the woods ( I never saw it). May not be haunted but if you bring a girl up there and read the stone I guarantee she'll be holding your hand on the walk back to the car. Its a spooky place
Ive been there before like 14 years ago and it is creepy!!! I read the tombstone and a black snake came out from behind it!!!! I pissed my pants lol. Its hard to get there now because punks vandalized it bad and knocked the tombstones down :(
Peace

United States

#71 Sep 30, 2012
Spook Light Hill is a haunted place and so is the church west of there on the same road. Spook Light you will see a lantern light come down the hill to you. It is a father looking for his daughters head. The church down the road is where his daughter is buried. She was on her way to that church to get married and fell out of the buggy and her head was cut off by the wheel never to be found again
HAVE RESPECT FOR THESE PLACES!!!!
Peace

United States

#72 Sep 30, 2012
Does anyone remember The Barn House???
Peace

United States

#73 Sep 30, 2012
terrehautehistory wrote:
much related, i've got a question about paranormal stuff in terre haute for anyone who might have an answer..
my dad was friends with several cops or deputies in TH and (especially) Brazil, and i remember him telling me about an investigation into some occult stuff happening near one of the railroad trestles or tunnels in the area, possibly near one of the hell gates. i heard the story in the mid 90s, and this was all supposed to have happened in the 70s or 80s, but maybe was as late as early 90s though i doubt it. anyways, what i remember of his story is that there had been reports of dead/mutilated animals and pentagrams showing up under this bridge, so they installed some surveillance equipment or sent officers to stake it out, and sure enough they found some kids trying to perform satanic rituals and killing animals out there. the freaky thing, though, that scared the crap out of me when i heard the story, was that the deputy said one of the participants, a teenaged/20-something girl, had voices coming out of her that definitely did not match her body. in a scary, pull up your panties and run home to momma sort of way, even for a deputy.
does anyone have any more info on what this might be about, or other weird satanic stuff/witchcraft going on in terre haute, besides of the idiotic hot topic variety?
::i'm liking the fact that the anti-troll number code for this post is "666-3"::
There is a haunted church near Hell's Gates that was vandalized badly and there are reports of animals being killed for satanic rituals there.
Pea picker

Clinton, IN

#74 Sep 30, 2012
Where is Hell's Gates located?
bogus

Terre Haute, IN

#75 Oct 1, 2012
Yes could someone tell us where hell's gates are located?
meltedpoop

Brazil, IN

#76 Oct 1, 2012
hells gates are right between my legs
Tired of Ignorance

Terre Haute, IN

#77 Oct 1, 2012
This webpage gives the story of Hell's Gates and directions to get there:
http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/haunted/ter...
IndianaAngel

Crawfordsville, IN

#78 Oct 2, 2012
Peace wrote:
Does anyone remember The Barn House???
Yes i do!!! and the creepy ass guy who built it!! Lol
could it be

Indianapolis, IN

#79 Oct 2, 2012
That place was awesome, but dangerous and spooky!! Why did they tear the barn house down?
bogus

Terre Haute, IN

#80 Oct 3, 2012
thanks!
Country Girl

Indianapolis, IN

#81 Oct 4, 2012
I heard that the barn house caught fire while the owner was in jail. I remember going there as a child on our way to Bloomington. There are videos online of the house. Just type Indiana Barn House in the search engine. What about the child's face that appeared on Fruitridge Ave on the stone wall. My mom told me about that story many years ago.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terre Haute Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
RIP Cheryl Lough 28 min pitiful 22
Your tax refund is going to disappear 1 hr DAILY BREAD 9
Ann Mundell caught cheating 1 hr grand karma 2
Tammy 1 hr She a hoe 6
Marsha Everard aka"skitz" 1 hr Nosma 8
text me, im bored!!! 2 hr Curious girl 8
Union Hospital 2 hr Brian Thompson 721
People of Terre Haute 3 hr International stu... 23
Troy Hellman arrested 4 DUI 6 hr Sensible 59
teacher salary 6 hr Info 80