Kids injured at South football game

Posted in the Terre Haute Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
coach

United States

#1 Aug 27, 2010
Dennis Raetz ex ISU football coach punches out window after North vs. South football game and injures several middle school children. What will happen? Will he be arrested? Who will the law suit be filed against. If a kid behaved like that they would be expelled. Will he be banned from VCSC events. I am glad my kids did not ever have to deal with him. Are the kids safe around him if he cant even handle losing a high school football game.

I bet his son is proud.
Hmmmmmmmm

Terre Haute, IN

#3 Aug 27, 2010
I vote for Otha!
In all seriousness I was sitting toward the front and didn't really hear about it until we got to the bottom of the stairs. I looked up and saw about a three foot (across) hole in the window. I got a text from a pretty reliable source saying it was Dennis Raetz.
From GoSycamores.com
Dennis Raetz is currently in his second season as the Director of Football Development at Indiana State University. He will serve as a part-time defensive coach, working with the secondary.
Raetz is the most prolific football coach in Indiana State University history. In 1991, Raetz became the all-time winningest coach in Sycamore history, surpassing the legendary Wally Marks. He currently tops the Sycamore record book with 94 career coaching victories. His overall record is 94-105-1.
Hmmmmmmmm

Terre Haute, IN

#5 Aug 27, 2010
Donna Roberts wrote:
I think James Bell would be a good addition to the coaching staff.
Yes, and have his kids as "enforcers". Seeing as they decide to attack kids at parties.
WELLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLL

Tyrone, PA

#6 Aug 27, 2010
Well my child was injured.......& they"re only in elementary. I don't care what he does for ISU. When you are wrong you must face the consequences. What kind of role model are you? He just showed poor sportsmanship for any young athlete that wants to look for a mentor.

“better than you”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#7 Aug 28, 2010
HEY I DONT BLAME HIM FOR WHAT HE DID. THOSE PUNKS MADE HIM DO IT. LUCKY HE DIDNT KICK THEIR PUNK ASSES. THEY SHOULD HAVE NOT OFFERED A BJ AND NOT GIVE IT TO HIM.
Pigstye

Moline, IL

#8 Aug 28, 2010
WEIRD BOB wrote:
HEY I DONT BLAME HIM FOR WHAT HE DID. THOSE PUNKS MADE HIM DO IT. LUCKY HE DIDNT KICK THEIR PUNK ASSES. THEY SHOULD HAVE NOT OFFERED A BJ AND NOT GIVE IT TO HIM.
hell yeah plus if their parents would lay that pipe down and spend time toughening up those lil sissy kids, they might be able to win a ball game instead of getting the ball and running it to the wrong goal post.
justmyopinion

Terre Haute, IN

#9 Aug 28, 2010
Did this really happen or just a farce on topix?
Hmmmmmmmm

Chicago, IL

#10 Aug 28, 2010
justmyopinion wrote:
Did this really happen or just a farce on topix?
Opposite goal post = farce
Raetz putting his fist through the glass of the pressbox is entirely true. The glass fell probably 20 feet on top of a big group of middle school kids.
crazy

League City, TX

#11 Aug 28, 2010
My chil was sitting right there and the glass just missed him and his friend. Raetz is a fucking joke and should not only be fired, he should have his ass kicked and be sued for injuring those kids. The bad thing is the HIGH SCHOOLS will be the ones that are punished and this game will be moved to the high schools,rotating from year to year.All because a shitty college football coach that has, an all time "winning" record of 94 wins, cant controll his emotions. You would think that a guy that is use to losing would not act that way.
dot_com

Terre Haute, IN

#12 Aug 28, 2010
The victims parents should be contacting a good lawyer. I know if it was my kid that got hurt I would own ISU after I got out the county for beatin that mans ass.

Tyrone, PA

#13 Aug 28, 2010
WEIRD BOB wrote:
Who are you referring to as punks???? No one makes anyone do anything!!! We make our own decisions and choices and he made the choice to bust the glass,
concerned

Waterloo, Canada

#14 Aug 28, 2010
Yes this did happen! And he should be fired & banned from any VCSC & ISU events......I personally know that 2 elmentary kids did get cut by the glass......he's a punk for hurting innocent bystanders!

Tyrone, PA

#15 Aug 28, 2010
Personally the should arrest him, no matter how old he is or what he has achieved in life. If it had of been anyone else they would be putting them under the jail throwing extra dirt and cement on top of them.
concerned

Waterloo, Canada

#16 Aug 28, 2010
Parent wrote:
FIRE HIS ASS! AND HIRE OTHA SCOTT!
roflmbo.....lol!
you said it

Washington, DC

#17 Aug 28, 2010
If that was james bell or otha scott they would have been in hand cuffs and in jail before the kids made it to the hospital
concerned

Warwick, RI

#18 Aug 28, 2010
you said it wrote:
If that was james bell or otha scott they would have been in hand cuffs and in jail before the kids made it to the hospital
Wow! I think if it was any1 who wasn't showing contribution to this community or ISU wouldve been arrested. I think this man should turn himself in & face the consequences for his actions.
Huh

United States

#19 Aug 28, 2010
WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL wrote:
Personally the should arrest him, no matter how old he is or what he has achieved in life. If it had of been anyone else they would be putting them under the jail throwing extra dirt and cement on top of them.
Could you cite what Indiana Code he allegedly violated that would result in a criminal arrest?
F Lee Bailey

United States

#20 Aug 28, 2010
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Could you cite what Indiana Code he allegedly violated that would result in a criminal arrest?
how about criminal mischief and battery to a minor Johnny Cochran. i saw he's an idiot, fire his ass, and he should be arrested for both.
Nope

United States

#21 Aug 28, 2010
F Lee Bailey wrote:
<quoted text>
how about criminal mischief and battery to a minor Johnny Cochran. i saw he's an idiot, fire his ass, and he should be arrested for both.
Hmm...not sure those would fly...especially the battery part. Maybe a civil negligence claim would be more appropriate given the circumstances.
Molly Hatchet

United States

#22 Aug 28, 2010
Yeah, shut your pie-hole, Huh (Mark Raetz). You should quit defending your idiot dad and teach your players how to play football and not acting like a bunch of gang-bangers. Terre Haute South is nothing but a drug-infested, wanna-be gang-land.

Raetz should be brought up on charges. Criminal
Mischief, Disturbing the peace, 2nd degree battery, vandalism, criminal idiocy, take your pick and put him an orange jumpsuit down at the county jail.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terre Haute Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Precinct Filings - Here’s Why 10 min Justice 22
News MedExpress Urgent Care in Terre Haute to close 19 min Norm 2
Greenwood manor trash 1 hr macho man 6
Union Nutrition Department is a JOKE!! 1 hr Jack 1
News Trial date set for Terre Haute man accused of c... 2 hr William 3
Broke up with my married gf 3 hr Jake 12
Can't Trust Union Hospital 4 hr Soothsayer 71
Most powerful politician in Terre Haute (Nov '12) 13 hr Fireaxe Angels 28
Dr Tanoos may be retiring 14 hr last 71
United Christian Church on 46 and Hulman Tue terre haute 6