Comments
1 - 20 of 21 Comments Last updated Oct 23, 2011
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Think about it

AOL

#1 Oct 18, 2011
Does anyone know who is behind the anti-Norm flyers that were hung on doors all over the north end?
All of sudden, Norm is against things just because they are not signed.
But, in the past Norm eagerly accepted the endorsement of IAFF-758, even though the endorsement was voted on in secret, and nothing was ever signed.
Hmm

Chicago, IL

#2 Oct 18, 2011
Haven't seen one yet so I can't legitimately comment on them, but you raise an interesting point about the union endorsement.

I'm surprised the IUPA and IAFF goofs haven't had their "vote" to endorse their honorary member (Duke) in the Mayoral election. I mean the union and the administration are one in the same.

To me, given how they are run, having either one of their support wouldn't be something I would want.
IAFF

Farmersburg, IN

#3 Oct 18, 2011
Norm's brother firefighters are behind these detailed, damaging door hangers. Probably the very same firefighters who wrote the unsigned letter that was hand-delivered to Mayor Bennett back in July.

Since then, the mayor and his team have finished negotiating a contract with the firefighter's union, which includes a raise and other new benefits for them -- mission accomplished! No wonder they have backpedaled on the whole thing now.

By the way, is that audit finished yet? I predict no results made public before November 8, a.k.a. Election Day.
pissed

Terre Haute, IN

#4 Oct 18, 2011
IAFF wrote:
Norm's brother firefighters are behind these detailed, damaging door hangers. Probably the very same firefighters who wrote the unsigned letter that was hand-delivered to Mayor Bennett back in July.

Since then, the mayor and his team have finished negotiating a contract with the firefighter's union, which includes a raise and other new benefits for them -- mission accomplished! No wonder they have backpedaled on the whole thing now.

By the way, is that audit finished yet? I predict no results made public before November 8, a.k.a. Election Day.
I predict nothing will come out of it period cause I think a lot more people maybe involved including political figures. That knew what was going on all a long
k

United States

#5 Oct 18, 2011
Think about it wrote:
Does anyone know who is behind the anti-Norm flyers that were hung on doors all over the north end?
All of sudden, Norm is against things just because they are not signed.
But, in the past Norm eagerly accepted the endorsement of IAFF-758, even though the endorsement was voted on in secret, and nothing was ever signed.
Probably taxpayers against fraud
Really

Terre Haute, IN

#6 Oct 18, 2011
IAFF - Are you serious? It will be months before the audit is completed.
Think about it

AOL

#7 Oct 18, 2011
Norm's facebook friends are hungry for payback. This one by a high ranking police officer:

"Once again the cowards have shown up but refuse to put their name on anything. I hope we find out who ( they ) are, I would love to get some of that action. Head held my brother, they are going to get some, in this world or the next."
Very Interesting

Chicago, IL

#8 Oct 18, 2011
Think about it wrote:
Norm's facebook friends are hungry for payback. This one by a high ranking police officer:
"Once again the cowards have shown up but refuse to put their name on anything. I hope we find out who ( they ) are, I would love to get some of that action. Head held my brother, they are going to get some, in this world or the next."
Seems like a veiled threat of physical violence. I believe that is worthy of reporting to federal authorities.

Who is the officer that made the statement?
Think about it

AOL

#9 Oct 18, 2011
Very Interesting wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems like a veiled threat of physical violence. I believe that is worthy of reporting to federal authorities.
Who is the officer that made the statement?
The one who came in 3rd place in the 2010 primary election for Sheriff.
Very Interesting

Chicago, IL

#10 Oct 18, 2011
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
The one who came in 3rd place in the 2010 primary election for Sheriff.
Ahh, that's not surprising, but kind of ironic.
Hate bullies

Terre Haute, IN

#11 Oct 18, 2011
I think the fact that Norm has police officers on his friends list that think it is acceptable to threaten violence against the citizenry is reason enough for him to get voted out and forced to resign from any future positions of authority.
Very Interesting

Chicago, IL

#12 Oct 18, 2011
Hate bullies wrote:
I think the fact that Norm has police officers on his friends list that think it is acceptable to threaten violence against the citizenry is reason enough for him to get voted out and forced to resign from any future positions of authority.
Unfortunately the current hierarchy of the police department won't do a thing as he's one of their buddies. What an incestuous place that is.
Very Interesting

East Peoria, IL

#13 Oct 19, 2011
And another thing, this guy is not a "high ranking police official". He's just a simple patrolman detailed as a detective.
Hate bullies

Terre Haute, IN

#14 Oct 22, 2011
Doesn't matter what rank he is. The fact is, he's a badge that is threatening civilians because he doesn't like their opinion. The douchebag needs to move to Chicago if he wants to act like that. Terre Haute doesn't need that kind of abusive trash here.
No Doubt

Brazil, IN

#15 Oct 22, 2011
Hate bullies wrote:
Doesn't matter what rank he is. The fact is, he's a badge that is threatening civilians because he doesn't like their opinion. The douchebag needs to move to Chicago if he wants to act like that. Terre Haute doesn't need that kind of abusive trash here.
Amen! Move away haters. Terre Haute has no room for you.
caca

Terre Haute, IN

#16 Oct 22, 2011
Who was in third? It's certainly not JT. They are friends
Think about it

AOL

#17 Oct 22, 2011
The Anti-Norm Flyers, CliffsNotes version:
1. Government income from many sources
2. Hidden private sector employment
3. City Council meeting 50% absences
4. Voting himself raises for both government jobs
5. Take-home government vehicle used for personal use
6. Property Tax penalties incurred on his primary residence
7. Disrespect of Engineering Dept. work
8. Loss of public issued firearms to criminals
9. Excessive force as a police officer
10. Move to annex the south end for addition revenue
11. Controlling money spent on the Training Center
12. Pressuring private firms to donate land to the Training Center
13. Raised Ambulance Fees for his use at the Training Center
14. Transferred other city funds for his use at the Training Center
15. Awarded public work without a competitive process
16. Awarded awarded work to non-union companies
17. Ignored the "responsible bidder" city ordinance he sponsored
18. Awarded work to relatives and friends
19. Awarded work to convicted felons
20. Awarded work to an individual facing felony fraud charges

It closes by urging Voters to deny Norm the 5th term in office he is seeking.
what

Terre Haute, IN

#18 Oct 23, 2011
who is the new training director
Think about it

AOL

#19 Oct 23, 2011
what wrote:
who is the new training director
Rich Dunkin put forth an opinion that the THFD training director is not responsible for training:
Rich Dunkin wrote:
Basically it is due to lazyiness (at the company level)...

The Company commander needs to "Log" in the database or computer what is done as far as training on a daily basis (this is a relatively new ISO requirement) and this is not being done at the "company level" by house.

It is NOT the training directors (Norm's) job to log company level training (or to wipe their asses)
THFD can take this City Councilman's advise, and not fund the position of Asst Chief of Training, saving salary dollars and putting that take-home (take-to-the-ballgame) SUV for actual public safety use. But don't stop there. That ridiculous training tower is modular, and can be taken down and sold to a larger metro FD that it was designed for. The land can be deeded back to the county, or sold to the nursing home so it can expand. The fire training academy was nothing more than the Burke administration's expensive way to keep Norm occupied and his ego fed, so he would not be screwing up that administration's projects.
insider

Terre Haute, IN

#20 Oct 23, 2011
Just watch, Norm's gonna be Fred's exec asst./liason/chief of staff... whatever you call it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terre Haute Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Illegal Immigrants in Terre Haute (Aug '10) 35 min friendtoall56 50
Brittany Oeffler 1 hr its Brittany bitch 12
Hornets nest? 1 hr Cledus 14
Sheriff Greg Ewing must go 1 hr Wabash Tsunami 8
Union Hospital 2 hr A Citizen 425
Joe prints counterfeit tags 3 hr Cledus 2
Bailee Hall performs self sea section on herself 3 hr Lewd Act 4
Diesel Extravaganza 5 hr Passing thru 106
Prostitution in Terre Haute (Aug '11) 5 hr mark a 80
Worst Employer In Town? (Apr '12) 16 hr It takes all kind 59