Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

The guy who plays for Dicky James is great.
Bozz

Valdosta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

The two Newburn boys John and Mark are the best drummers around the wabash valley.
Fox

Brazil, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Any of y'all ever heard of Big Wreck? There out of of Canada. When they would come to Terre Haute I filled in on drums a couple of times, I'm by no means the drummer I could've been, probably not near as good as the boys you all named on here. Check Big Wreck out on youtube!
Yo its Wesley

Columbus, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

Crazy red dude named Animal!
Terre Haute State of mind

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2013

There isn't a better or worse past a point. This question is not relevant at all to what makes good music. It is this way of thinking that has hurt Terre Haute's "music scene" for so long. Regardless, it is not "chops" or speed that makes you a great musician. Its the understanding of your musical surrounding and how you can make your roll relevant to theses surroundings. generally playing less to prepare the music for much greater things in its future.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Terre Haute State of mind wrote:
There isn't a better or worse past a point. This question is not relevant at all to what makes good music. It is this way of thinking that has hurt Terre Haute's "music scene" for so long. Regardless, it is not "chops" or speed that makes you a great musician. Its the understanding of your musical surrounding and how you can make your roll relevant to theses surroundings. generally playing less to prepare the music for much greater things in its future.
YES! Far too many people only want "the best". Music is art... And the "best" depends on who's listening. What I think is amazing, you may think is crap.

I wish people would stop ranking musicians and simply applaud the people for having the balls to get out and play. Applaud by showing up... Supporting... Advocating...

And people wonder why we don't have a large live music scene in this city...
vandie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

There isn't a better or worse past a point. This question is not relevant at all to what makes good music. It is this way of thinking that has hurt Terre Haute's "music scene" for so long. Regardless, it is not "chops" or speed that makes you a great musician. Its the understanding of your musical surrounding and how you can make your roll relevant to theses surroundings. generally playing less to prepare the music for much greater things in its future.[/
QUOTE]
I agree! There is one drummer that I think highly of, Al Doti. He plays with The Leonard Washintons. He also plays other groups as well. He is a very versatile drummer, if that's how I want to put it. As much as I've seen him play, he can hold the beat to any song. He takes his talent seriously, yet he is, by far, one of the least arrogant musicians around here.
It takes talent to play music and it takes a lot of guts to play in front of a crowd. Anyone who can do that is amazing.
i like pink socks

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Judged:

Some big Neanderthal cop with a cliche tribal tattoo on his arm. He'll play bongos on your skull.
Dan

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Judged:

vandie wrote:
There isn't a better or worse past a point. This question is not relevant at all to what makes good music. It is this way of thinking that has hurt Terre Haute's "music scene" for so long. Regardless, it is not "chops" or speed that makes you a great musician. Its the understanding of your musical surrounding and how you can make your roll relevant to theses surroundings. generally playing less to prepare the music for much greater things in its future.[/
QUOTE]
I agree! There is one drummer that I think highly of, Al Doti. He plays with The Leonard Washintons. He also plays other groups as well. He is a very versatile drummer, if that's how I want to put it. As much as I've seen him play, he can hold the beat to any song. He takes his talent seriously, yet he is, by far, one of the least arrogant musicians around here.
It takes talent to play music and it takes a lot of guts to play in front of a crowd. Anyone who can do that is amazing.
Ok, so that's one vote for Al, which leaves him tied for first with, animal, black guy named Sam and a cop. I wish I could add more to this conversation but I hate music.
Southender

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Chucky Hill. He makes you notice the drummer, he's that good.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

I enjoy listening to the drummer from Mullet Over
sissy miz

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Troy Smith!!!! He use to play at differnt places and is awsome

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

FACE!
Ginger Baker

Riverside, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2013

Saw a band at the holiday inn last year they had a Biggef woman lead singer that played guitar and a tiny lead quitarest and a big white farm boy drummer . This band was tight and the drummer laid down a great beat ! He is damn good hope to see them again . My only suggestion to them was add some Beattles to the set , specifically " Get Back " . Played a great set and real good drummer !
Cinnamon13

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

By far.....Farris Knox.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Terre Haute Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Union Hospital 13 min inside job 326
larae gardner 17 min rob 14
I cant believe it 26 min Davis DQ sucks 7
Paul Jenkins 1 hr paul is a bitch 6
Chandler Coronell 2 hr Yesterday 9
The real BLACK problem 3 hr Hajj 10
Elvis 3 hr Elvis Lover 9
Who owns Taco Casita? (Oct '11) 4 hr Jess 26
Diesel Extravaganza 4 hr bahaha 77
Downtown Block Party 8 hr Dotell 24