who is the best drum player in terre ...

who is the best drum player in terre haute

Posted in the Terre Haute Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
davis

Garden City, MI

#1 Mar 25, 2013
?
Rockstar

Terre Haute, IN

#2 Mar 25, 2013
Some black guy, I think his names Sam
lilzach

Terre Haute, IN

#3 Mar 25, 2013
shut up with all the "who's best" questions...ugh
i know drums

Terre Haute, IN

#4 Mar 26, 2013
I would say the drummer that is working the most
diverdown

Terre Haute, IN

#6 Mar 28, 2013
The guy who plays for Dicky James is great.
Bozz

North Liberty, IA

#7 Mar 30, 2013
The two Newburn boys John and Mark are the best drummers around the wabash valley.
Fox

Terre Haute, IN

#8 Mar 30, 2013
Any of y'all ever heard of Big Wreck? There out of of Canada. When they would come to Terre Haute I filled in on drums a couple of times, I'm by no means the drummer I could've been, probably not near as good as the boys you all named on here. Check Big Wreck out on youtube!
Yo its Wesley

Jeffersonville, IN

#9 Mar 30, 2013
Crazy red dude named Animal!
Terre Haute State of mind

Nashville, TN

#10 Nov 23, 2013
There isn't a better or worse past a point. This question is not relevant at all to what makes good music. It is this way of thinking that has hurt Terre Haute's "music scene" for so long. Regardless, it is not "chops" or speed that makes you a great musician. Its the understanding of your musical surrounding and how you can make your roll relevant to theses surroundings. generally playing less to prepare the music for much greater things in its future.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#11 Nov 24, 2013
Terre Haute State of mind wrote:
There isn't a better or worse past a point. This question is not relevant at all to what makes good music. It is this way of thinking that has hurt Terre Haute's "music scene" for so long. Regardless, it is not "chops" or speed that makes you a great musician. Its the understanding of your musical surrounding and how you can make your roll relevant to theses surroundings. generally playing less to prepare the music for much greater things in its future.
YES! Far too many people only want "the best". Music is art... And the "best" depends on who's listening. What I think is amazing, you may think is crap.

I wish people would stop ranking musicians and simply applaud the people for having the balls to get out and play. Applaud by showing up... Supporting... Advocating...

And people wonder why we don't have a large live music scene in this city...
vandie

United States

#12 Nov 24, 2013
There isn't a better or worse past a point. This question is not relevant at all to what makes good music. It is this way of thinking that has hurt Terre Haute's "music scene" for so long. Regardless, it is not "chops" or speed that makes you a great musician. Its the understanding of your musical surrounding and how you can make your roll relevant to theses surroundings. generally playing less to prepare the music for much greater things in its future.[/
QUOTE]
I agree! There is one drummer that I think highly of, Al Doti. He plays with The Leonard Washintons. He also plays other groups as well. He is a very versatile drummer, if that's how I want to put it. As much as I've seen him play, he can hold the beat to any song. He takes his talent seriously, yet he is, by far, one of the least arrogant musicians around here.
It takes talent to play music and it takes a lot of guts to play in front of a crowd. Anyone who can do that is amazing.
i like pink socks

Charlestown, IN

#13 Nov 24, 2013
Some big Neanderthal cop with a cliche tribal tattoo on his arm. He'll play bongos on your skull.
Dan

Terre Haute, IN

#14 Nov 24, 2013
vandie wrote:
There isn't a better or worse past a point. This question is not relevant at all to what makes good music. It is this way of thinking that has hurt Terre Haute's "music scene" for so long. Regardless, it is not "chops" or speed that makes you a great musician. Its the understanding of your musical surrounding and how you can make your roll relevant to theses surroundings. generally playing less to prepare the music for much greater things in its future.[/
QUOTE]
I agree! There is one drummer that I think highly of, Al Doti. He plays with The Leonard Washintons. He also plays other groups as well. He is a very versatile drummer, if that's how I want to put it. As much as I've seen him play, he can hold the beat to any song. He takes his talent seriously, yet he is, by far, one of the least arrogant musicians around here.
It takes talent to play music and it takes a lot of guts to play in front of a crowd. Anyone who can do that is amazing.
Ok, so that's one vote for Al, which leaves him tied for first with, animal, black guy named Sam and a cop. I wish I could add more to this conversation but I hate music.
Southender

Terre Haute, IN

#15 Nov 25, 2013
Chucky Hill. He makes you notice the drummer, he's that good.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#16 Nov 25, 2013
I enjoy listening to the drummer from Mullet Over
sissy miz

Terre Haute, IN

#17 Nov 25, 2013
Troy Smith!!!! He use to play at differnt places and is awsome

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#18 Nov 25, 2013
FACE!
Ginger Baker

Willingboro, NJ

#19 Nov 26, 2013
Saw a band at the holiday inn last year they had a Biggef woman lead singer that played guitar and a tiny lead quitarest and a big white farm boy drummer . This band was tight and the drummer laid down a great beat ! He is damn good hope to see them again . My only suggestion to them was add some Beattles to the set , specifically " Get Back " . Played a great set and real good drummer !
Cinnamon13

United States

#20 Dec 4, 2013
By far.....Farris Knox.....
ginger baker

Palisades Park, NJ

#21 Thursday May 12

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terre Haute Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone know anything about the Frakes family? 12 min Former hautian 1
wtwo channel 2 (Jun '14) 16 min One legged doggie 48
Where is Tom Haskins tonight 35 min Unknown 3
Do you consider Obamacare to be a bachelor tax? 38 min Jack 2
News Marshall teen requests trial in court on animal... 1 hr Derek 125
Girls that do anything for meth 2 hr Steve 48
Union Hospital Maintenance 3 hr Sycamore Boyfriend 12
shooting in northend thersa Wheatley house 6 hr Sumbeach06 103
More from around the web

Personal Finance