Does the THPD know that they have low IQs?

Posted in the Terre Haute Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Not Weird Bob

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Jul 7, 2012
Are they aware of this fact?
Jen

Carmel, IN

#3 Jul 7, 2012
Not Weird Bob wrote:
I think that the whole police low iq thing is somewhat of a misnomer.
It's not that they are really looking for complete morons or idiots. They are just looking for someone who is a follower who is too scared to ask questions of his supervisors, about like a self conscious 7th grader someone who is kind of shallow and doesn't understand civil rights. A yes man in other words. Not saying that every single police person is like that because that would not be true. There are some good cops out there that really do care about their people. But I've read and heard too many stories about people not being hired as police officers because they over qualified and that's beyond dispute.

“Licensed Fool”

Since: May 12

Not laughing with you...

#4 Jul 7, 2012
Not Weird Bob wrote:
Didn't you just post in another thread that you were not a cop hater? This thread is pure insult. Are you aware that you have a low IQ?
under eighteen

San Jose, CA

#5 Jul 7, 2012
The Comedian wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't you just post in another thread that you were not a cop hater? This thread is pure insult. Are you aware that you have a low IQ?

Then by your type (ill)logic, pointing out obviously proven facts makes you a "hater" "Gee my husband has cancer but if I but if I take him to the doctors that it might make me a hater."
Your scholarship suffers gravely.
Try again. Yes. In fact just keep responding to this post and add to the insult.

“Licensed Fool”

Not laughing with you...

#6 Jul 7, 2012
under eighteen wrote:
<quoted text>
Then by your type (ill)logic, pointing out obviously proven facts makes you a "hater" "Gee my husband has cancer but if I but if I take him to the doctors that it might make me a hater."
Try again. Yes. In fact just keep responding to this post and add to the insult.
What is an obviously proven fact, that the same poster says in one thread that they are not a hater and then starts a blatant insult thread? Your post makes no sense.
Not as goofy as you

Clinton, IN

#7 Jul 7, 2012
under eighteen wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah, that's a nice one. Made no sense but it's full of venom.
under eighteen

San Jose, CA

#8 Jul 7, 2012
The Comedian wrote:
<quoted text>
What is an obviously proven fact, that the same poster says in one thread that they are not a hater and then starts a blatant insult thread? Your post makes no sense.
Where are all of these insults? Here's some:
If you don't agree with something than it's an insult? What kind of hick are you?
I don't like smoking but that fact that people still do doesn't insult me.
Maybe if the cops are so insulted than you should offer to give them all fellato so that you will both feel better.
Thanks for keeping this insulting thread going. Post again SLAVE.
P U eS eS Y

United States

#9 Jul 7, 2012
The Comedian wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet that you took this personal because you are probably married to a cop. Actually I would "hope" that was the case because nobody else would be this obsessed with a half-azzes PD. I guess that my "insult" makes me a hater too. But then again, Homeland security says that people who pay in cash are terrorists too.... birds of a feather....

“Licensed Fool”

Not laughing with you...

#10 Jul 7, 2012
P U eS eS Y wrote:
<quoted text> I bet that you took this personal because you are probably married to a cop. Actually I would "hope" that was the case because nobody else would be this obsessed with a half-azzes PD. I guess that my "insult" makes me a hater too. But then again, Homeland security says that people who pay in cash are terrorists too.... birds of a feather....
Nope, just pointing out that someone said one thing in one thread and then the opposite in another. You are the one getting worked up about it. You must be married to a criminal.
P U eS eS Y

United States

#11 Jul 7, 2012
Stop crying homo
Not as goofy as you

Clinton, IN

#12 Jul 7, 2012
Give us patience until these mindless children go back to school. Won't be a minute too soon in my book.

“Licensed Fool”

Not laughing with you...

#14 Jul 8, 2012
under eighteen wrote:
<quoted text> Where are all of these insults? Here's some:
If you don't agree with something than it's an insult? What kind of hick are you?
I don't like smoking but that fact that people still do doesn't insult me.
Maybe if the cops are so insulted than you should offer to give them all fellato so that you will both feel better.
Thanks for keeping this insulting thread going. Post again SLAVE.
Asking a person or a group of people if they know that they have a low IQ is an insult. It skips over the point of whether or not they actually have a low IQ by assuming that to be a fact. Watch how it works:

Hey under eighteen, do you know that you have a low IQ?
Momma

Clinton, IN

#17 Jul 8, 2012
Morning Ms Hedy!
Good grief, Indiana ranks 5th, I'm not surprised. You may be right, Terre Haute is the gathering place. It sure seems that way.
Hedy Lamarr

United States

#18 Jul 8, 2012
Good morning to you Momma :)
I was looking up the statistics the other day because in Daniel Quinn's book he talked about mental illness and the effects it would have on the world.... You know that every state shows atleast 17 to 22% of their populations have some kind of mental illness . When you think about it , it's kind of scary .
Momma

Crawfordsville, IN

#19 Jul 8, 2012
Maybe it's me but I just don't remember it being that frequent in my younger days. Most people seemed to understand the meaning of self restraint,moderation and fitting in. Those who didn't were usually very odd and their families took care of them unless they were violent.
Makes you wonder what could be the causes/s. The increase in autism has me curious too.
VFW

United States

#20 Jul 8, 2012
Hedy Lamarr wrote:
Indiana also ranks 5th in mental illnesses.
Does this statistic include mentally ill police officers too? Or is it not possible for there to ever be a mentally ill police officer in Indiana?

I'd be all for strict training and testing of who is allowed to be a police officer. Your political alignment or who you know shouldn't matter.
I think that a big part of our youths are becoming distanced from police is because of negative police behaviors and misconduct towards youth, minorities and the poor. Police see these people as enemies from the start. While if a person is wealthy then laws don't apply in general. On top of that, police are often ignorant of why people hold biases against them.

"You can tell Monopoly is an old game because there's a luxury tax and rich people can go to jail." - Unknown

Momma

Crawfordsville, IN

#21 Jul 8, 2012
VFW wrote:
<quoted text>
Does this statistic include mentally ill police officers too? Or is it not possible for there to ever be a mentally ill police officer in Indiana?
I'd be all for strict training and testing of who is allowed to be a police officer. Your political alignment or who you know shouldn't matter.
I think that a big part of our youths are becoming distanced from police is because of negative police behaviors and misconduct towards youth, minorities and the poor. Police see these people as enemies from the start. While if a person is wealthy then laws don't apply in general. On top of that, police are often ignorant of why people hold biases against them.
"You can tell Monopoly is an old game because there's a luxury tax and rich people can go to jail." - Unknown
You are unfamiliar with the hiring process apparently, and the Merit Board System and.........

Wouldn't you say celebrities are wealthy? Seems like one or another of them is arrested every week. Right here locally I could name 1or 3 police officers who were removed from their jobs for issues. I think that disproves your "theory".
Hedy Lamarr

United States

#22 Jul 8, 2012
Momma wrote:
Maybe it's me but I just don't remember it being that frequent in my younger days. Most people seemed to understand the meaning of self restraint,moderation and fitting in. Those who didn't were usually very odd and their families took care of them unless they were violent.
Makes you wonder what could be the causes/s. The increase in autism has me curious too.
Exactly, there used to be a code of ethics that everyone followed... Not anymore. It's like everyone is out for themselves and most seem to be paranoid of just about everything.
As for the increase in autism and other similar illnesses, could it be from the additives in chewing gum(the breath fresheners), cold and cough medicines(over medicating ), or just simply the use of illicit drugs before birth. The lust gies on and on...
Momma

Clinton, IN

#26 Jul 8, 2012
JustAnotherAsshole wrote:
<quoted text>
What code of ethics are you referring to because the past wasn't exactly a paradise and people were just as big of pieces of shit back in the 50's, 60's, etc. You seem to have a selective memory when it comes to the past and a selective perception of how things are today. As far as rises in autism and other mental illnesses your guess is as good as anybody elses, nobody really knows. You need to entertain the idea though that simply detecting and diagnosis of such illnesses has become better.
You're right, it wasn't paradise BUT you could leave your doors unlocked day or night and not worry. As kids we roamed the neighborhoods all day long and none of us disappeared or were molested. Traffic accidents didn't seem to be as horrific because the vehicles were well built and few people drove like a bat out of hell.
According to statistics autism IS on the increase and I don't believe it's just diagnosis improvements. As a person who lived that era I can tell you we had fewer kids with learning or behavior issues. If a little boy brought his pocket knife to school it was because his grandad got it for his birthday and he brought it to show, not to stab his frenemy.
The crappy people with bad habits and antisocial ways didn't intermingle with the averge person as a rule. They stayed in their territory. If they sneaked into your neighborhood they stuck out like a sore thumb. Police weren't as worried about being politically correct so they could run an unknown person out of the area with no repercussions. It must have worked because as I said hardly anyone locked their doors.

Those days weren't perfect but they were better in some ways.
keep clean and carry on

Chicago, IL

#28 Jul 8, 2012
JustAnotherAsshole wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, that's your argument. Kids run around my neighborhood all day and none have disappeared and don't seem to be getting molested. Are you actually going to argue that child molestation is a recent manifestation in our society? You can leave your doors unlocked here, have on occasion myself, haven't been robbed. Seems like if you left your doors unlocked back when you speak of and weren't robbed it was just the luck of the draw, same as today. As far as cops running an unknown person out of an area and not catching shit you think that's a good thing? For a proponent of a free America you sure sound like a hypocrite. Last I checked someone is free to go where they like when they like. You want to talk about youth violence, funny how it's at record lows than in past generations. As far as autism being on the ride nobody has any conclusive evidence as to the cause, so keep guessing, that's all you're doing. As far as car accident, are you just making this shit up as you go along. Other than the 30's and 40's the 70's were the worst for vehicular related fatalities and right now they're, once again, at record lows. In the Leave It to Beaver polished reality you reference it may seem like peace and prosperity but when you peel back the bullshit the world is just the same cesspool it was back as far as you'd like to go, the only difference between now and past times is the smell. You want to live in your fantasy world of the past fine, care to keep arguing I can cite countless historical references that can paint your time as a rotting hell hole, I can spin the facts just as well as you.
Bravo! Well said!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terre Haute Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Terre Haute Sewer bill (Jan '13) 1 hr Silly 17
Add A Word / Drop A Word (Nov '10) 1 hr _Zoey_ 4,720
fed up with a dirty vigo/Terre haute government 1 hr Gubment 170
How People Deceive Others 1 hr Gubment 1
Weather 1 hr pessimist 8
Amber R Wills ? (Oct '13) 2 hr unkown 47
Is David the lawyer engaged to Jamie 4 hr J.J. 9
Union Hospital (Jul '14) 10 hr Neo 881
Terre Haute Dating
Find my Match