Kevin Orpurt turns over Head Meteorol...

Kevin Orpurt turns over Head Meteorologist position to David Wire

Posted in the Terre Haute Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Just me

United States

#1 Apr 4, 2011
Kevin looked like he was going to tear up but held it together. He says he will now be on at noon and other times.
Know

Waverly, TN

#2 Apr 4, 2011
Kevin is like the crazy uncle of terre haute... You can't help but like him
evenmore

Terre Haute, IN

#3 Apr 4, 2011
Not his choice. Being phased out.
munchies

League City, TX

#4 Apr 4, 2011
I like Kevin, even though i hear he has some issues, but don't we all? i think he does a hell of a job on TV.
What a joke

Duncan, OK

#5 Apr 5, 2011
I love to watch David Wire. Now if they would just get rid of that girl....

“Genius”

Since: Aug 08

United States

#6 Apr 5, 2011
What a joke wrote:
I love to watch David Wire. Now if they would just get rid of that girl....
YES, please. please get rid of that girl! She is getting worse instead of better. When she is on, I turn the channel, or check the weather on the computer. She IS NOT an asset to WTHI!!

I will miss Kevin on the evening weather... and I am so sorry he has health problems..........

Since: Mar 11

Saint Charles, IL

#7 Apr 5, 2011
I am so sad to hear a bout Kevin! NOT! Tired of his over explaining! Sounds like he's talking to a bunch of grade school kids. Go Dave Wire! Fire the bimbo too! Or replace her with some intelligent eye candy!
Yum

Vincennes, IN

#8 Apr 5, 2011
Keep her.. she wore leather top to work
Jimbo

United States

#9 Apr 5, 2011
Baily wrote:
<quoted text>
YES, please. please get rid of that girl! She is getting worse instead of better. When she is on, I turn the channel, or check the weather on the computer. She IS NOT an asset to WTHI!!
I will miss Kevin on the evening weather... and I am so sorry he has health problems..........
Yeah--it pains me to say it-but she needs to go. Public speaking ability --is definitely not getting better. For some reason she quit putting her tits on display about six months ago. Now if she gets smart ---and puts her money makers back ou there---I'll be back on her bandwagon. But she can't cut it without them.

Such a wasted chance (sigh).
Know

Waverly, TN

#10 Apr 5, 2011
IF YOU SHOW THEM TITS WE WILL AQUIT
COONHATER

Milford, MA

#11 Apr 5, 2011
I think they need to get rid of that QUEER Dave Wire. I cannot stand that sonofabitch. I will no longer watch channel 10 news with that queer bastard on there.
Mummaur Quaddafi

AOL

#12 Apr 5, 2011
Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah--it pains me to say it-but she needs to go. Public speaking ability --is definitely not getting better. For some reason she quit putting her tits on display about six months ago. Now if she gets smart ---and puts her money makers back ou there---I'll be back on her bandwagon. But she can't cut it without them.
Such a wasted chance (sigh).
Pamela is dancing for me now
Tits

Terre Haute, IN

#13 Apr 5, 2011
The girl is the only reason to watch.Weather.com tells us all we need to know. She had a Batgirl suit on yesterday
Fulford the punk

United States

#14 Apr 5, 2011
I'm a weather man.
I like it weather it is a man or women, I do both.
Casey

West Decatur, PA

#15 Apr 6, 2011
Just me wrote:
Kevin looked like he was going to tear up but held it together. He says he will now be on at noon and other times.
We miss Kevin and prefer him over Dave. Dave is good at what he does, but he talks much too fast and we am not satisfied with him as a weather man. Perhaps if he will slow his speech down a bit,he will do a better job in the future.
Marvin Gaye

Terre Haute, IN

#16 Apr 6, 2011
Oh my God, I just saw Kevin do the noon report on Wednesday. He was completely out of it, didn't know where he was supposed to go, etc. He apologized, saying he wasn't used to getting up so early. He acted like he was drugged out or hung over so bad he couldn't think. He said his fingers didn't work this early in the morning, but how happy he was doing the early morning shift now. Problem is, he DOESN'T DO the early morning shift, Pam Gardner does, he does the noon report. He not only didn't know it was noon and that he didn't do the early report. He also said the high for the day would be 86 degrees, when he should have said 68. I think he's had a stroke or something. He sure wasn't normal.
Casey

West Decatur, PA

#17 Apr 6, 2011
Marvin Gaye wrote:
Oh my God, I just saw Kevin do the noon report on Wednesday. He was completely out of it, didn't know where he was supposed to go, etc. He apologized, saying he wasn't used to getting up so early. He acted like he was drugged out or hung over so bad he couldn't think. He said his fingers didn't work this early in the morning, but how happy he was doing the early morning shift now. Problem is, he DOESN'T DO the early morning shift, Pam Gardner does, he does the noon report. He not only didn't know it was noon and that he didn't do the early report. He also said the high for the day would be 86 degrees, when he should have said 68. I think he's had a stroke or something. He sure wasn't normal.
Am sorry I missed the noon news and weather. He may be over medicated for I have heard he has some health issues. What a shame for I am sure it was not a happy event for him either. Hopefully, he will get straightened out soon. If it is a drinking problem, he will soon be out the door.
Todd

Milford, MA

#18 Apr 6, 2011
WOW...what a train wreck for Kevin! Kevin if no one has told you this....."It's time to go!"
Tim

Punxsutawney, PA

#19 Apr 6, 2011
Marvin Gaye wrote:
It was terrible! I turned the channel! Might as well had a fourth grader give weather. Think he was over medicated! What is channel 10 doing keeping him on the air!?
evenmore

Terre Haute, IN

#20 Apr 6, 2011
His contract isn't up yet. When it is, we won't see him any more.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terre Haute Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Which pizza place in Terre Haute is the best? (Nov '10) 56 min Wondering 95
monica brandom 1 hr Larry king 1
Jensen Joy (Sep '15) 1 hr You go girl 36
News Police look for suspect in hit and run (Oct '09) 2 hr Very sad 7
Amanda B 2 hr Truth Hurts 2
Jordan Burris / Allison Jenkins (Apr '13) 2 hr Anonymous 2016 14
Slinging meth 2 hr BOB KIRKMAN 10
Poll Should Danny Tanoos be replaced Vigo County Sch... (Aug '12) 9 hr Nunya business 96
Feds at VCSC 10 hr Pewpstain McClain 664
Rondrell 21 hr illini 20
Why are teachers and principals afraid of Tanoos? Fri Public Education 32
Alan Morrison a public official bashing VCSC Fri 1776 63
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Terre Haute Mortgages