Best band in town
Cur E Us

League City, TX

#83 Apr 5, 2010
Bacca wrote:
<quoted text>All of the musicians in Stiffy Green are damned good.
then why don't Harold pay em'? Nobody shows up.
Ruby Wed

United States

#84 Apr 5, 2010
Cur E Us wrote:
<quoted text>
Harold did not pay them because harold is a f'n crook.
Besides it wouldnt matter if no one showed up or not, a contract is a contract. If they didn't draw a crowd he shouldnt book them in the first place. Maybe that place doesnt get a crowd because harold is THE Weirdest MF in TH.
Rush Freek

United States

#85 Apr 5, 2010
Cur E Us wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason there wasn't many people at the stiffy show is because harold advertised The Pilgram Blues Band in the paper and on the lightup sign all that week. Its no wonder.
Louie

Altoona, PA

#86 Apr 6, 2010
Everybody knows that Louie and the Dippers will rock your balls off!!
Terre Hate

Milford, MA

#87 Apr 6, 2010
Local Band Dude II wrote:
<quoted text>
Any good band who can draw a crowd, will make $800-$1500 per night, from any of the preferred live music venues, in the Wabash Valley.
There is NO venue in terre haute that pays bands 1500 bucks. If someone tells you their makin that in TH clubs they are lying. The only exception is the few bars that still have their heads stuck up freak show's ass.
ROCK

Terre Haute, IN

#88 Apr 7, 2010
True! The last bar that paid that kind of money would have been Bo's. I know for a fact, that kind of money (actually more) was paid to Henry Lee Summer and Roadmaster.
Oh Yeah

Terre Haute, IN

#89 Apr 7, 2010
Exit 11!
Oh Yeah

Terre Haute, IN

#90 Apr 7, 2010
Ruby Wed wrote:
<quoted text>
Harold did not pay them because harold is a f'n crook.
Besides it wouldnt matter if no one showed up or not, a contract is a contract. If they didn't draw a crowd he shouldnt book them in the first place. Maybe that place doesnt get a crowd because harold is THE Weirdest MF in TH.
Hey be careful what you say because haven't you heard that the place is a BIKER bar, oooooo scarry! He might get his biker buds to just come along and whoop yer ass boy! Seriously though, I know just about everyone in this town that might be considered bikers (unless he means the crackheads on mopeds) and NONE of them would go to that joke of a place even if they had free drinks! Poor Harold, he's gotten to the place where he's like that liar guy on Saturday Night Live! Jon Lovitz, yeah biker bar that's the ticket!
diverdown

Clifton Heights, PA

#91 Apr 7, 2010
About all of the bands mentioned above play classic rock or some variation of cover music. How long shall we listen to these same tired songs? There are only two bands I know who play predominately original music: Dicky James and the Blue Flames and Fat Freddie's Cat. Most decent musicians can copy someone else's work but it takes true and rare talent to write and perform the kind of high caliber music these two bands make.
Hoss Cat

League City, TX

#92 Apr 7, 2010
diverdown wrote:
About all of the bands mentioned above play classic rock or some variation of cover music. How long shall we listen to these same tired songs? There are only two bands I know who play predominately original music: Dicky James and the Blue Flames and Fat Freddie's Cat. Most decent musicians can copy someone else's work but it takes true and rare talent to write and perform the kind of high caliber music these two bands make.
Being an older musician thats partial to classic rock amd blues rock, it is very hard to top the classic stuff from the 70's that you refer to as tired songs. I give any band credit for doing original stuff, but it takes something special to make it stick country wide, not just in your or my opinion. I do give the flames and freddys cat alot of credit for their originality, and ability to kick out shit we have not heard before. It is very hard to come up with original stuff that can be enjoyed for decades tho. My hat's off to them and some of the cover bands in the wabash valley that work hard to rock the house with their own classic style of covers. Some of the best music you are going to hear in Terre Haute is at the blues fest downtown once a year. There is a band that originated from Charleston IL in the last ten years that play all original stuff, and they aren't too bad. They are called Hello Dave. They are a mix of blues, country, and rock. Give em a listen!
diverdown

United States

#93 Apr 9, 2010
I like a lot of the old songs too but how many times can we hear 'Three Steps' or 'Brown Eyed Girl'? If you're going to be a cover band ok but please play something I haven't heard a million times. There are many good danceable old songs that are not played to death.
diverdown

United States

#94 Apr 24, 2010
I heard Dicky James and the Blue Flames last night in Robinson, IL. Amazing!!
Daniel Mauk

Terre Haute, IN

#95 May 5, 2010
Mean Street sure is popular now. I like them. I heard Bowerly's gonna get canned for Troy Studey.
Dwayne Boone

Terre Haute, IN

#96 May 13, 2010
This is the very reason i built my own recording studio at home and write and record my own stuff. solo one man band i guess i could say but i don't bother playing out. A band would be nice, but it's hard to find musicians who can write. I mean to say i have friends who can play circles around me but when it comes to "original" They get that "deer in head-lights" look in the eyes. But, i enjoy it so what is one to do?
morrison

Du Bois, PA

#97 May 13, 2010
Dwayne Boone wrote:
This is the very reason i built my own recording studio at home and write and record my own stuff. solo one man band i guess i could say but i don't bother playing out. A band would be nice, but it's hard to find musicians who can write. I mean to say i have friends who can play circles around me but when it comes to "original" They get that "deer in head-lights" look in the eyes. But, i enjoy it so what is one to do?
get some new friends.
morrison

Du Bois, PA

#98 May 13, 2010
Dwayne Boone wrote:
This is the very reason i built my own recording studio at home and write and record my own stuff. solo one man band?
So....what was that reason again?
Dwayne Boone

Terre Haute, IN

#99 May 13, 2010
In regards to the same ol' same ol' comment, on up earlier... (no big deal)
Dwayne Boone

Terre Haute, IN

#100 May 13, 2010
p.s. Mean street rocks~!
Jukiebirdy

Clearfield, PA

#101 May 13, 2010
I like all bands, they make my panties wet.
BongMaster

Terre Haute, IN

#102 May 18, 2010
I heard the revamped Menagerie is supposed to be good. They have Hall-of-Famer quality at every spot. Can't wait to see them!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terre Haute Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
food stampes 4 min Dawn 3
News James Comey fired as FBI director 6 min inbred Genius 2,474
Kevin Maddox?? 8 min Curious 1
Add A Word / Drop A Word (Nov '10) 12 min _Zoey_ 5,274
Should I nail my step daughter? 13 min ewww 18
My name is James Alexander 14 min James 3
Terre Haute officer post 23 min uradouche 10
terry ray 3 hr underage 9
WTHI Investigating Funeral Home Director 8 hr Willy Dale Mathew 16

Terre Haute Jobs