Are you sick and tired of welfare?

Are you sick and tired of welfare?

Created by Jimmy Chews on Oct 27, 2012

210 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Undecided

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Jimmy Chews

Terre Haute, IN

#1 Oct 27, 2012
The middle class isn't disappearing because of rich people. Welfare has become the new middle class.

I believe there should be a maximum of 3 years to receive benefits.
Momma

Crawfordsville, IN

#2 Oct 27, 2012
I think there are some cases where an individual may need lifetime assistance. The physically handicapped, autistic and some others may need help with housing or food. I fully believe that requirements should be revised. There are many who do not receive help and truly deserve it. There are many more who get too much for far too long.
Tired of Lazy People

Terre Haute, IN

#3 Oct 27, 2012
Some people really do need the help, but it should be for a limited time. Some people are just too lazy to get up and go to work, they know how to work the system to benefit them. They believe they are better than others, and their teen son also believes he is the greatest. Wander how he feels when his mom or grandma pulls out the medicaid card to use for his doctor visit? My child would be super embarrassed, because we have pride. We believe in working for what we want and need. If only more people felt this way and taught their children about work ethics, then welfare could be a thing of the past.
Big Dog

Terre Haute, IN

#4 Oct 27, 2012
I hate it when youre in line at a store & someone in front of you is trying to use a food stamp card that doesnt have enough credit on it to cover their purchases but keep insisting it does.
Papaw

Clinton, IN

#6 Oct 27, 2012
I hate seeing young women who look like they could find a job not doing much besides lounging around at the Qwik Mart, cigarette in one hand expensive cell phone in the other, 3 different undershirts on with the bra straps and tattoos showing and 3 wildass colors in her hair. The makeup is so thick on their eyes it almost keeps you from looking at the multiple facial piercings. They got a kid in the stroller, another little brat running loose and if she isn't pregnant her pants are skimming below her butt. She gets housing assistance, food stamps, ADC for the kids who have dead beats for dads, heating assistance and free Thanksgiving baskets from seveal charities. She has no plans to get a job and no wonder, her life is easier than mine.
clown

Brazil, IN

#8 Oct 28, 2012
Papaw wrote:
I hate seeing young women who look like they could find a job not doing much besides lounging around at the Qwik Mart, cigarette in one hand expensive cell phone in the other, 3 different undershirts on with the bra straps and tattoos showing and 3 wildass colors in her hair. The makeup is so thick on their eyes it almost keeps you from looking at the multiple facial piercings. They got a kid in the stroller, another little brat running loose and if she isn't pregnant her pants are skimming below her butt. She gets housing assistance, food stamps, ADC for the kids who have dead beats for dads, heating assistance and free Thanksgiving baskets from seveal charities. She has no plans to get a job and no wonder, her life is easier than mine.
People like her don't want jobs and will always live off the system and her kids will grow up and also live off the system while tax payers like us will support them .

“Licensed Fool”

Since: May 12

Not laughing with you...

#9 Oct 28, 2012
I agree that there are some people who need help but I don't think that the federal government is very good at running the program. There is too much waste and fraud and mismanagement. The money that is coming out of our paychecks doesn't just go to help the poor, our money pays for the massive bureaucracy needed to run the system. Get rid of the system, put the money back in the worker's paychecks and let local charities care for people that need help. This will put a stop to the moochers and get the money where it needs to go.
Jimmy Chews

Terre Haute, IN

#11 Oct 28, 2012
Welfare = peace of mind. 2 cars, fridge full of food, affordable housing, utility assistance, cell phone, internet, air conditioning, school clothes & supplies, no medical bills, Christmas toys/gifts.

Middle class = stress. 2 cars, budgeting groceries, property tax, medical bills + deductibles. Then hopefully we can afford the things we call luxuries: Christmas, cell phones, internet, school clothes, air conditioning.

Don't forget the welfare families that manage to work just enough so that they still qualify for welfare get that huge bonus in the spring (tax refund). If you are collecting welfare then you should be paying taxes.
Lily ponder

Shepardsville, IN

#12 Oct 28, 2012
Jimmy Chews wrote:
Welfare = peace of mind. 2 cars, fridge full of food, affordable housing, utility assistance, cell phone, internet, air conditioning, school clothes & supplies, no medical bills, Christmas toys/gifts.
Middle class = stress. 2 cars, budgeting groceries, property tax, medical bills + deductibles. Then hopefully we can afford the things we call luxuries: Christmas, cell phones, internet, school clothes, air conditioning.
Don't forget the welfare families that manage to work just enough so that they still qualify for welfare get that huge bonus in the spring (tax refund). If you are collecting welfare then you should be paying taxes.
great come back - Agree with you wholeheartedly. Should be managed by the state NOT federal government. Too much fraud involved and quite a few who receive it - know how the system works .Seen it first hand.
tylerP

Terre Haute, IN

#14 Oct 28, 2012
Gene Debs wrote:
The true welfare recipients are Romney and his ilk.
They are living off of the labor of the proletariat. Always have. And will until we rise up and take back what is ours. The fruits of our labor.
That's the stupidest thing I've read tonite!
tylerP

Terre Haute, IN

#16 Oct 28, 2012
Gene Debs wrote:
Sorry, I forgot. We are wage slaves. The fruits of our labor is not ours. It belongs to our wage masters.
Then quit. Go on welfare like nearly half the other liberals.
Giggles

Shepardsville, IN

#18 Oct 28, 2012
timmy tunhill wrote:
I think random drug testing would limit many unnecessary cases of government assistance. If I have to take a drug test for my job, they should have to as well. Some people really need the assistance and others take advantage and ruin it for those people who need it.
I agree but I don't think it should be random. I think it sould be yearly and random. Then that way they can't play the system.
Pea picker

Clinton, IN

#19 Oct 28, 2012
Why should it be limited to a yearly test with only a possibility of a random choosing? It gives them too much time in between.
QHcutter

Reelsville, IN

#20 Oct 28, 2012
Tired of Lazy People wrote:
Some people really do need the help, but it should be for a limited time. Some people are just too lazy to get up and go to work, they know how to work the system to benefit them. They believe they are better than others, and their teen son also believes he is the greatest. Wander how he feels when his mom or grandma pulls out the medicaid card to use for his doctor visit? My child would be super embarrassed, because we have pride. We believe in working for what we want and need. If only more people felt this way and taught their children about work ethics, then welfare could be a thing of the past.
You hit the nail on the head, people just don't have work ethics anymore! If you're a fully functional adult using an EBT card because you're too lazy to get a job at McDonald's at least, you should be ashamed. It's scary to think what the kids of today are going to grow up to be like. Hopefully it'll at least be harder to get on welfare by the time it's there turn to work the system.
what

Terre Haute, IN

#21 Oct 28, 2012
drug test every food stamp and welfare recipient every month
Jimmy Chews

Terre Haute, IN

#22 Oct 29, 2012
I think the point is being missed.

Drug testing will only lead to more unnecessary spending. Paying additional people to pay for testing and processing.

Welfare recipients being on drugs does not concern me. It's the welfare lifestyle that does concern me.

I don't drug test my employees because I don't care if they smoke pot.

They can legally purchase beer. If I was going to waste money testing them - I'd rather test for prime rib, steak, etc.
Get Real

Terre Haute, IN

#23 Oct 29, 2012
First, those on welfare should receive no more money per month than a full time worker making minimum wage after deductions. They should also be required to perform community services like raking leaves, sweeping streets, etc., known as "workfare". That requirement in itself would clean tens of thousands, if not more off of the welfare rolls. I have witnessed many who had jobs only to leave because they said they could make more money on public assistance.

Writing an elected official about this issue is a joke. All you will receive is a talking point letter about how we should feel sorry for these people and how only a "few" may be playing the system. I currently know of 4 people that play the system and the amount they bring home would make you wonder why anyone would waste their time going to work everyday.
Giggles

Shepardsville, IN

#25 Oct 29, 2012
Get Real wrote:
First, those on welfare should receive no more money per month than a full time worker making minimum wage after deductions. They should also be required to perform community services like raking leaves, sweeping streets, etc., known as "workfare". That requirement in itself would clean tens of thousands, if not more off of the welfare rolls. I have witnessed many who had jobs only to leave because they said they could make more money on public assistance.
Writing an elected official about this issue is a joke. All you will receive is a talking point letter about how we should feel sorry for these people and how only a "few" may be playing the system. I currently know of 4 people that play the system and the amount they bring home would make you wonder why anyone would waste their time going to work everyday.
Great idea on the work thing. Also I know many myself they always talk about how they are getting SSI, food stamps, free medical, wefare, Disability (when they could work but don't want to), not to add all of the help from other places like free shoes, food pantries, new clothing, the list goes on. The same people have at least 4 kids and never have enough food or nice clothes or shoes for their kids. I had to get medicade for my child (med. reason) BUT I pay for it. When we see the doctor I pay a deductible and a monthly premium,also pay for medicane. It's set up just like medical insurance. NO I don't get anything else MAKE TOOOOOO MUCH MONEY to get any of the others. Yes I hate giving the medcaid card. But here in about 2 maybe 3 months will make too much for the medicaid and will have to find my child insurance on my own soooo with the more made to boot me out I will have to use the more money made for higher insurance, higher deuctible, more on meds, fighting with the doctors office and insurance about whats covered and not (the yes/no yes/no game). Can't wait
Granny

Indianapolis, IN

#26 Oct 29, 2012
Jimmy Chews wrote:
Welfare = peace of mind. 2 cars, fridge full of food, affordable housing, utility assistance, cell phone, internet, air conditioning, school clothes & supplies, no medical bills, Christmas toys/gifts.
Middle class = stress. 2 cars, budgeting groceries, property tax, medical bills + deductibles. Then hopefully we can afford the things we call luxuries: Christmas, cell phones, internet, school clothes, air conditioning.
Don't forget the welfare families that manage to work just enough so that they still qualify for welfare get that huge bonus in the spring (tax refund). If you are collecting welfare then you should be paying taxes.
Or the people that let someone they know use thier kids as a tax deduction,and then split the money with them, how on Earth does the Gov. let that happen?
Granny

Indianapolis, IN

#27 Oct 29, 2012
I have NO insurance, when I get sick, I go to my Dr. who knows I have no insurance, they charge me a min. amount, less then $50 for a check up and any scrips I may need, then thank God for Walmart, who in turn charges me $4 or so per script.
But Wendi Welfare can go to the Dr. and have my (our) tax dollars pay her bill, my (our) taxes pay for all the illigatimate kids she can have, and for the hospital bills when they are born addicted to drugs, that I (we) in turn paid for as well.
Drug test these b*tches, each Dr. visit they go to, everytime they enter the ER, or go for a Dr. Visit, I dont mind paying for that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terre Haute Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who has the more annoying commercial, Ellis Law... 20 min Jealous u r not a... 19
Sewer Rate Increases 28 min Mario A 8
Jamoka Smith 36 min Pete tanoos 25
Roundabout Needed for Brown & Ohio Blvd. 46 min Duke defender 18
Is your sewer bill higher than your water bill ? 49 min Duke defender 14
Anthony hair with flair 1 hr Sullivan knows 7
Bad news on Tanoos 1 hr isu 15
Travis Barker Is The Worst 3 hr wet willy 17
News Mike's Market changing hands 22 hr Mad Max Thunderdome 22

Terre Haute Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Terre Haute Mortgages