Carnival at Good Shepherd Church

Posted in the Terre Haute Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
not a church goer

Terre Haute, IN

#1 Oct 12, 2010
My middle school child came home and wants to go to some revival carnival that a church down south is having.Suppose to be free food carnival rides games 4wheelers and pony rides...And Free never heard of such. Anybody got any info on it?
Bueford Gibbs

Terre Haute, IN

#3 Oct 15, 2010
Nothig but a bunch of pedofiles and shysters. I would not give them any money or let your kids atttend if you are smart.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#4 Oct 15, 2010
That church is always looking to recruit kids. I have never understood it. How much could the kids really be putting in the collection plate?

Something has always seemed odd about that.

They have those free carnivals for kids a couple of times a year.
dispute this

Elko, NV

#5 Oct 15, 2010
I've heard stories about that preacher, Thomas Manbeck being a pedofile. They are very weird, even if you move they will try to find you.

Since: Sep 10

Terre Haute, IN

#6 Oct 15, 2010
Yes, Manbeck! Was trying to remember his name. I've had a few run-ins with him myself. From going to his church once when it was on E wabash to having to get in his face outside Regional hospital for attempting to proselytize to my child after asking him more than one to stop. I usually do not stoop to this level but I have to say, in my opinion, he's a fucking lunatic. If you care for your family and children, keep your distance. He's a headline waiting to happen.
Rev Phelps

Terre Haute, IN

#8 Oct 15, 2010
Thats a good church to get your kids involved with, They are not trying to seduce your kids, just trying to show them the truth in the Bible. They are not worried about the collection plate either. All the above comments are nothing but trash. Westboro Baptist Church didn't pickett them! No one gets in Pastor Manbeck's face either. Stop the lies and slander, you could be prosecuted!
SALLY MAYES

Terre Haute, IN

#9 Oct 15, 2010
There have been several reports of child molesting at that paticular church. Here is one that was in the news not too long ago. http://www.wthitv.com/dpp/news/news_wthi_terr...
not my religion

United States

#10 Oct 15, 2010
dontdoit wrote:
good shepard are stalkers!! dont let them go. they used to come to my house all the time and try and get my kids to go, and one time even caught them talking to my daughter through her bedroom window..weirdos! i would not recomend it but just an opinion!
I can't stand that self rightous preacher. He came to my house three saturdays in a row a few years back. He invited himself into my interior front porch even though the main door to my house was open two of the times. He chose to bypass knocking or ringing the door bell. I met him at the threshold, and asked him to leave (I knew who he was from two previous community "run ins" in which I was less than impressed by his attitude and manners). He stood in the door way continuing to rant about his religion and church even after I told him I was a different religion and not interested. I finally shut the door and locked it. He continued to talk through the door until I threatened to call the police. The final time he had another man with him. My door was shut (after 2 saturdays in a row, I was expecting him). He walked in...again. I never opened the door, and told him to leave. They both started talking through the door about my salvation. I told them if they stepped foot on my property again they would be going to jail. They never came back. I guess my prayers were answered.
Obama

Terre Haute, IN

#11 Oct 15, 2010
SALLY MAYES wrote:
There have been several reports of child molesting at that paticular church. Here is one that was in the news not too long ago. http://www.wthitv.com/dpp/news/news_wthi_terr...
First your facts are wrong, The story reads the molestation took place at the guys apartment, not the church as you say. Second the guy was found not guilty since the girl recanted here story. Get your facts right before you start running someone in the gutter!
Obama

Terre Haute, IN

#12 Oct 15, 2010
not my religion wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't stand that self rightous preacher. He came to my house three saturdays in a row a few years back. He invited himself into my interior front porch even though the main door to my house was open two of the times. He chose to bypass knocking or ringing the door bell. I met him at the threshold, and asked him to leave (I knew who he was from two previous community "run ins" in which I was less than impressed by his attitude and manners). He stood in the door way continuing to rant about his religion and church even after I told him I was a different religion and not interested. I finally shut the door and locked it. He continued to talk through the door until I threatened to call the police. The final time he had another man with him. My door was shut (after 2 saturdays in a row, I was expecting him). He walked in...again. I never opened the door, and told him to leave. They both started talking through the door about my salvation. I told them if they stepped foot on my property again they would be going to jail. They never came back. I guess my prayers were answered.
Nothing but lies, he doesn't "just walk into peoples houses". More lies!
Pope John

Terre Haute, IN

#13 Oct 15, 2010
If you're catholic, you're wrong!
you shut up too

Terre Haute, IN

#14 Oct 16, 2010
Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing but lies, he doesn't "just walk into peoples houses". More lies!
Were you there? I believe his story says he walked into his walk in front porch not his house. Sounds like several people have similar stories.
Looking for clarity

Terre Haute, IN

#15 Oct 16, 2010
Rev Phelps wrote:
Thats a good church to get your kids involved with, They are not trying to seduce your kids, just trying to show them the truth in the Bible. They are not worried about the collection plate either. All the above comments are nothing but trash. Westboro Baptist Church didn't pickett them! No one gets in Pastor Manbeck's face either. Stop the lies and slander, you could be prosecuted!
Are you saying that the lack of a pickett by Westboro Baptist Church is a stamp of approval for this church? Does this mean you agree with their cause? Is your comment about nobdy getting in the Pastor's face supposed to insinuate that he is some sort of a tough guy or am I losing the context of the statement due to the fact that it is typed and not spoken? Also, people telling their personal accounts of their interactions with the church, it's leader, or it's congregation is free speech. They have a right to both tell their stories from their perspective and offer their opinions. However, I in NO WAY support any of the comments accusing the church, it's leader, or it's congregation of any type of sexual misconduct involving anybody especially minors, and I CAN NOT believe anybody would openly make those types of statements about anybody without facts to back it up. There are other forums online (mainly church community forums) which discuss the aggressive nature in which this church approaches finding new members (adult and their children). I personally would write that off to an enthusiastic congregation that believes it is their duty and responsibility to SAVE everyone even if many people find it to be annoying.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#16 Oct 16, 2010
How many times have the police been involved in allegations at the church? My guess is more than anyone would expect.
SALLY MAYES

Terre Haute, IN

#17 Oct 16, 2010
I said that allelagations about the church and this is only one of many. The man work for the church and met the victims at the church. There have been two other incidences since then involving this church and every time pastor Manbeck testified to the good nature of those perps. They should at least do some checking into peoples backgrounds if they want to keep recruiting children. They come to my daughters every saturday to try and recruit my grandchildren my son-in-law told Thomas Manbeck they will call the police if he comes back.
Bueford Gibbs

Terre Haute, IN

#18 Oct 16, 2010
Hey Obamma talk about telling lies. The case is going to trial in November this year,If Robert doesn't get another continuence. The girl is my niece and she did not recant and is looking foward to her day in court.
concerned

Terre Haute, IN

#19 Oct 16, 2010
I did some checking myself and found this in the terre haute paper http://tribstar.com/local/x1703930540/Trial-s... I thought the reverand said he did background check on all his workers. Guess someone is lying?
Obama

Terre Haute, IN

#20 Oct 16, 2010
Bueford Gibbs wrote:
Hey Obamma talk about telling lies. The case is going to trial in November this year,If Robert doesn't get another continuence. The girl is my niece and she did not recant and is looking foward to her day in court.
She probably ask for it!
Jerk

United States

#21 Oct 16, 2010
Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
She probably ask for it!
Hey I don't agree about the tactics of the church. Let your light shine before all men. But I believe the girl was a minor correct? you said she asked for it! What an idiot! I know the church you need to go to, apparently you'll fit in. What a creep!
dontdoit

League City, TX

#22 Oct 16, 2010
Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
She probably ask for it!
dude she was 13 u cant be serious

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terre Haute Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Daycare arrest 31 min Lolly 3
Coming Out (Mar '09) 1 hr weird bob 3
White girls who only date blacks 2 hr WTH 6
obama needs to resign 2 hr who cares 22
Ben Henry and Miranda Bridwell?//11 3 hr DoBETTER 1
kim Steadman schepper 5 hr WTH 12
New businesses coming to Terre Haute; some ahea... 5 hr tom goad 2
Zorah Shrine 15 hr Elephant Whisperer 30
Joe Newport in over his head 18 hr Frink 4
Prendergast pleads GUILTY Mon Mark 25