Larry and Nikki Russell abuse children

Posted in the Terre Haute Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Meat Wad

Loves Park, IL

#1 Nov 26, 2012
Wow, what no good pieces of sh**! Sad, sad, sad! These two need to be put down like rabid dogs and their house torched. Anything less than life in prison will be a shame.
Papaw

Clinton, IN

#2 Nov 26, 2012
What's with the foster care system, doesn't anyone from that department follow through? Anyone with eyes could have seen the kids were not being properly cared for.
Ole Forty

Terre Haute, IN

#3 Nov 26, 2012
$10 bucks says he wasn't a foster parent and they had been separated for years.
superbeckyboo

Terre Haute, IN

#4 Nov 26, 2012
Papaw wrote:
What's with the foster care system, doesn't anyone from that department follow through? Anyone with eyes could have seen the kids were not being properly cared for.
I totally agree. I thought as a foster parent you had to meet certain standards for living conditions. The foster system has failed and needs to be held accountable. As for these 2 scumbags, I hope they are dealt the most severe punishment possible.
Ole Forty

Terre Haute, IN

#5 Nov 26, 2012
I honestly doubt she is a foster parent either.

I worked with him about 10 years ago. One night, my wife brought me dinner. As soon as she left the Nicki woman came rushing at her asking her who she was and why she was seeing Larry.

My wife had no clue who Larry was and ended up running back inside the building.

That lady was always hiding around work and always calling him. If memory serves me right I thought he ended up moving to Indy to hide from her.
superbeckyboo

Terre Haute, IN

#6 Nov 26, 2012
Ole Forty wrote:
I honestly doubt she is a foster parent either.
I worked with him about 10 years ago. One night, my wife brought me dinner. As soon as she left the Nicki woman came rushing at her asking her who she was and why she was seeing Larry.
My wife had no clue who Larry was and ended up running back inside the building.
That lady was always hiding around work and always calling him. If memory serves me right I thought he ended up moving to Indy to hide from her.
what's your point?
terribletowel

Terre Haute, IN

#7 Nov 26, 2012
the case loads are enormous. if you have never worked for DCS or law enforcement, you have no clue how hard they work. unless you know for a fact, dont even think about busting DCS's balls. they have the most thankless, dangerous and saddest jobs. they go by policy. they care about kids and families, and they cant catch all the perps. if they cant find evidence and the kids wont talk, then you get no where fast. beleive me, the case workers probably put more heart and soul into their job than 99% of the people who try to pick them apart.
and yes, you have to meet certain standards and have to meet with a caseworker on a regular basis, but bad people are good at hiding all the terrible things they do. and its not hard to clean up a house and pretend to care about kids for an hourly appointment. these case managers are not freakin miracle workers. i applaud them. and then it doesnt help that you have half the TH population doing meth and taking up most of the darn case load.
Papaw

Clinton, IN

#8 Nov 26, 2012
terribletowel wrote:
the case loads are enormous. if you have never worked for DCS or law enforcement, you have no clue how hard they work. unless you know for a fact, dont even think about busting DCS's balls. they have the most thankless, dangerous and saddest jobs. they go by policy. they care about kids and families, and they cant catch all the perps. if they cant find evidence and the kids wont talk, then you get no where fast. beleive me, the case workers probably put more heart and soul into their job than 99% of the people who try to pick them apart.
and yes, you have to meet certain standards and have to meet with a caseworker on a regular basis, but bad people are good at hiding all the terrible things they do. and its not hard to clean up a house and pretend to care about kids for an hourly appointment. these case managers are not freakin miracle workers. i applaud them. and then it doesnt help that you have half the TH population doing meth and taking up most of the darn case load.
How do you explain a 95lb 17 year old to CPS?
yep

Clinton, IN

#9 Nov 26, 2012
terribletowel wrote:
I know for a fact that the majority of them do not do their jobs correctly and have proof. That department and the state government do just as much, if not more, damage to children than the predators who abuse them.
terribletowel

Terre Haute, IN

#10 Nov 26, 2012
Papaw wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you explain a 95lb 17 year old to CPS?
um well, when i was 17, i was well below 95 pounds. are you kidding me????? hell im the same size i was in 7th grade and im healthy as a horse.
terribletowel

Terre Haute, IN

#11 Nov 26, 2012
yep wrote:
<quoted text>
I know for a fact that the majority of them do not do their jobs correctly and have proof. That department and the state government do just as much, if not more, damage to children than the predators who abuse them.
did you work there? and yes, in this case, the foster parents did do more harm to these poor kids. if the state could afford more caseworkers, people became foster parents for sincerely good reasons and you didnt have a bunch of morons calling in false reports that waste time and money, then yeah, the system would run better. and more kids could have better lives. it is heartwrenching to take a kid from a home, but its a hell of a lot worse when the kid stays in the home and dies, then there everyone
is blaming DCS again. damn if you do and damn if you dont.
yep

Clinton, IN

#12 Nov 26, 2012
terribletowel wrote:
<quoted text>
um well, when i was 17, i was well below 95 pounds. are you kidding me????? hell im the same size i was in 7th grade and im healthy as a horse.
You know, there are times when not replying is to your benefit.
yep

Clinton, IN

#13 Nov 26, 2012
terribletowel wrote:
<quoted text>
did you work there? and yes, in this case, the foster parents did do more harm to these poor kids. if the state could afford more caseworkers, people became foster parents for sincerely good reasons and you didnt have a bunch of morons calling in false reports that waste time and money, then yeah, the system would run better. and more kids could have better lives. it is heartwrenching to take a kid from a home, but its a hell of a lot worse when the kid stays in the home and dies, then there everyone
is blaming DCS again. damn if you do and damn if you dont.
What part of "I have proof" did you not catch onto. Your previous posting said "unless you know for a fact". Well, I do. If you don't want to know someone does, don't ask for it.
terribletowel

Terre Haute, IN

#14 Nov 26, 2012
yep wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, there are times when not replying is to your benefit.
im not replying to benefit myself, silly. topix is just to comment, and i bet you are a big ol fat sloppy turd.
Snookem

Terre Haute, IN

#15 Nov 26, 2012
terribletowel wrote:
OK...we get it you are a DCS Case Manager... All I gotta say is do your jobs... If you are supposed to meet with the kids... Do it! If the Foster Parents seem like they are not doing there job...INVESTIGATE!!
yep

Clinton, IN

#16 Nov 26, 2012
terribletowel wrote:
<quoted text>
im not replying to benefit myself, silly. topix is just to comment, and i bet you are a big ol fat sloppy turd.
I stand by my prior statement.
terribletowel

Terre Haute, IN

#17 Nov 26, 2012
yep wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of "I have proof" did you not catch onto. Your previous posting said "unless you know for a fact". Well, I do. If you don't want to know someone does, don't ask for it.
hey dude, glad you do know. less rumors. and yeah i caught onto your comment, but i dont have proof you are not full of crapola. so if you know, then you know. good for you, help out the children.
X

Crawfordsville, IN

#18 Nov 26, 2012
My understanding was that the children were adopted. Still, you're all right. How the were able to adopt (and I assume they were foster parents first) is beyond me.
terribletowel

Terre Haute, IN

#19 Nov 26, 2012
Snookem wrote:
<quoted text>
OK...we get it you are a DCS Case Manager... All I gotta say is do your jobs... If you are supposed to meet with the kids... Do it! If the Foster Parents seem like they are not doing there job...INVESTIGATE!!
you silly person, its called work experience. if i was currently a case manager i would say "i am a case manager and blah blah blah". duh, i just happen to know what im talking about lol. im glad you are concerned, its just that if you dont know how it works, i find it hard to see why you would want to pick apart the people that are trying to protect kids. go to the indiana.gov website. it has a lot of information that can help the public understand how and why DCS does what it does. and no, they arent perfect, but they try and it is a very very difficult job.
bigroot

Terre Haute, IN

#20 Nov 26, 2012
terribletowel wrote:
<quoted text>
-
Wow. Way to take the high road... If you work in this system you are well aware that only a small percentage of the case workers are truly doing their jobs. Should they get paid better- yes, but they knew the pay when they took the job. The system is broken from the top down and you're not helping.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terre Haute Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Top reasons to stay in Terre Haute/Vigo County 3 min Disappointed 22
Silver Alert 3 min Concerned 1
Anyone. Know FIFI Natalie Wood 37 min iKnow the Idiot 52
Is there a such thing as good internet service ... (Jul '16) 38 min oeriihnf3kbefjkbf... 11
Taghleef Industries Hiring Problem 41 min White Flight 14
Swamp Monsters 1 hr Jill 2
Milfs (Sep '15) 1 hr Wow 21
Club Soda 2 hr Jenny 17
Franklin Fennell In Lock Up 7 hr rodeo clown 18
Milfs 12 hr Nasty hoe 23

Terre Haute Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Terre Haute Mortgages