catfish

Terre Haute, IN

#23 Sep 21, 2012
American Way wrote:
No motive known, that is why everyone is so confused about this. I doubt the little weasal will ever tell, I will be surprised if he does. Anger is one of my thoughts from the footprint on the door that was kicked in along with broken door frame. But am confused know where the anger came from. I will be there on Feb 26th 2013 which is the set jury trial date, if it actually goes to trial that soon. Most people have already forgotten about this, was in the news for a couple of days. Now if you ask some one if they heard about it they say "Oh yea, I remember it now" And it has not yet been two weeks since it happened. Sad, very sad.
the door kicked in was probably from the police.What makes you say that he did it & you must be family since you know so much!
former co worker

Terre Haute, IN

#24 Sep 21, 2012
Just would like to know the motive.He was a sneaking little coward with a bad little man complex for sure.I know when i would happen to run in to him he still had it.The complex.In fact he even looked smaller to me.I won`t be there he was never a friend.But am still curious.
Momma

Indianapolis, IN

#25 Sep 21, 2012
catfish wrote:
<quoted text>the door kicked in was probably from the police.What makes you say that he did it & you must be family since you know so much!
Per reports Mr Spitler called police to report HE had stabbed and killed his wife. Mr Spitler opened the door for police when they arrived. During questioning Mr Spitler admitted to killing his wife.
American Way

Terre Haute, IN

#26 Sep 21, 2012
former co worker wrote:
Just would like to know the motive.He was a sneaking little coward with a bad little man complex for sure.I know when i would happen to run in to him he still had it.The complex.In fact he even looked smaller to me.I won`t be there he was never a friend.But am still curious.
I won't be there in his defence, no way... just would like to be there to see him get what he deserves
I am not family, nor a friend ....
mr know it all

Terre Haute, IN

#27 Sep 22, 2012
American Way wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't be there in his defence, no way... just would like to be there to see him get what he deserves
I am not family, nor a friend ....
I bet the little bitch is gettng treated like the punk he is now if they didn`t put him in protective custody.Maybe he will get that big nose broke.LOL
American Way

Terre Haute, IN

#28 Sep 27, 2012
former co worker wrote:
I do not know, but wonder what kind of drugs he ("P.O.S.) used during his time at the railroad, some one knows, and I would like to know that also. I know he drank and used drugs, just wondering what kind ....
former co worker

Terre Haute, IN

#29 Sep 28, 2012
Don`t know about any hard drugs just smoked a little pot i know about.But was caught red handed coming out of another coworkers house bye him out a window to be exact.Said went in to get a joint. I wonder if he got the shit beat out of him yet.
Someone knows

Terre Haute, IN

#30 Sep 29, 2012
Someone knows what this Guy is about.Just gonna take the right person to stand up & say the truth about his Drug use.Something sparked this Murder.He should have been tested foe ALL Drug's including Meth!

In this day & age you can't put it past anyone with any life kind of lifestyle or background to use this Evil Shit!

He could have very well been a Batterer against his Wife for years & not a sole would have known if she kept it a secret & trust me when I tell you that she could have.
Bam Bam

Dyer, IN

#31 Oct 2, 2012
@ Someone Knows, You dont know! Not true.. He is family.
Someone knows

Terre Haute, IN

#32 Oct 2, 2012
Bam Bam wrote:
@ Someone Knows, You dont know! Not true.. He is family.
you are as crazy as he is! Damn fruit loops!
American Way

United States

#34 Oct 3, 2012
Bam Bam, as someone wrote here earlier to you, "if you don't like what is being said here then don't read them" If you have any input as to the reason why he killed Shawn, then by all means say it here.
He is a murderer, as I have said before, he admitted to it, he killed her.
Now you may say there must have been something wrong with him, I can agree to that, because any one who kills some one has to have something wrong with them to be able to commit the act of taking anothers life. Shawn's life was violently taken from her by the actions of Robbie Spitler.
seriously

Terre Haute, IN

#35 Oct 3, 2012
thedevilmademedoit wrote:
His wife was cheating on him with another woman and he found out about it and killed her because they would not let him join in
Are you being for real??
seriously

Terre Haute, IN

#37 Oct 4, 2012
<quoted text>
yes
well,tell us more! and how do you know about this?
seriously

Terre Haute, IN

#39 Oct 4, 2012
<quoted text>
I was out at a local bar with the lady who was having an affair with her. I am not going to give her name want to respect her privacy, but we were talking and she told me that bozo wanted to join them in bed and she did not want any of it and he got pissed off and started making threats and tbe rest is history
WOW..I don't know what to say to that,Hard to believe that you would make that up! So do you think that's why he killed her??
seriously

Terre Haute, IN

#43 Oct 4, 2012
HI..READ MY COMMENT ABOVE! HA!
men

Indianapolis, IN

#44 Oct 5, 2012
people shouldnt break out of jail
hecky

Indianapolis, IN

#45 Oct 5, 2012
hmm

“I Work”

Since: Dec 12

Terre Haute

#46 Feb 1, 2013
well, February is the month this little man is supposed to go to trial for stabbing Shawn to death. february 26th is the actual trial date. Wonder if it actually will happen on that date. I don't want this topix to fade away, hope people still remember. Robbie Spitler satbbed his wife to death on september 10th 2012. Anyone remember?
bam bam

Melrose Park, IL

#47 Feb 1, 2013
Well yes I do! He is my family.. Thanks for the reminder! NOT! Its not fading away, And its not a trail date! Its a court date, get your shit straight before u talk shit! And if it changes you will be the last to know..
cop lover

Clinton, IN

#48 Feb 1, 2013
Very sad..hope he does life or gets death penalty...I have no sympathy for a murderer..even if I was related.
.I sure.wouldn't tell anybody

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terre Haute Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scheid after party location 32 min William Dale Math... 18
Danny Stultz 34 min All About That Bass 18
Facebook Moms (Jan '15) 1 hr Fed up 9
just because 2 hr your friend 1
Problems already started 4 hr Swanson 2
dew drop inn (Aug '10) 4 hr Really Mary Elleman 66
Raychel Grimes/Hatcher 4 hr M-M-F-E 3
Union Hospital (Jul '14) 8 hr Rose dale 1,194
Why did Troy Fears quit the United Way 10 hr Mrs C 69
More from around the web