Vigo County Sheriff Jake Compton
FEDup

United States

#66 Nov 10, 2009
Gee, how does it feel Jake when an old friend turns on you?
Hondo

Indianapolis, IN

#67 Nov 11, 2009
Sorry to hear about Gossett's accident. Glad he's ok. Hey Tim, I know where there is another car you can use. Right Jake? Nice of Jake to show up at work long enough today to do the interview.
Fun and Games

Du Bois, PA

#68 Nov 12, 2009
The proverbial shit is about to the fan! Grab a seat 'cause I think this is gonna be something to watch.
Sam Brown

Terre Haute, IN

#69 Nov 12, 2009
Steph wrote:
<quoted text>
Sam Brown - what are you talking about? Being in the field of law enforcement has nothing to do with wasting taxpayers dollars by leaving a sheriff car parked all of the time and not using it for what it is intended for. I'm sure there is someone at that department that could and should use the car. It should NOT be sitting in front of someones antique gas pumps for the whole world to see.
Let me guess--- you are a single mom, on food stamps, overweight, with a grand total of two teeth in your mouth...

Look, people, there are three kinds of people in this world - Only 3. There are sheep (most of you), who go through life going about their business, some complaining or whining, some being victims of crime. They accept their condition and plight in life. The second kind of person is the wolf. The wolf preys upon the sheep, taking advantage of every situation they can. These are your criminals, cheaters of society, folks who run scams - they're losers who want to take shortcuts in life. Then the third kind of person is the sheepdog, who protects all the sheep from the wolves. The sheep hate the sheepdogs until a crisis occurs, then they run to the sheepdog for protection. Cops are sheepdogs.
Ya But

Du Bois, PA

#70 Nov 12, 2009
Unfortunately some are mixed breed sheepdogs with a little sheep and wolf in their blood. They are actually the ones to be most fearful of because you never really know what you'll get.
toldyaso

Indianapolis, IN

#71 Nov 13, 2009
it shouldn't be jake. it should be jack. as in jackass.
Lizzy

Indianapolis, IN

#72 Nov 15, 2009
Came past ole jake's yesterday and he had the sheriff suv parked crossways behind the sheriff car. Sorry jakey you can't hide the car we still saw it.
Johnny Orman

United States

#74 Nov 17, 2009
Hey is Harold workin tonight?
Lizzy

Indianapolis, IN

#75 Nov 18, 2009
duh
toldyaso

Indianapolis, IN

#76 Nov 19, 2009
just what are you talkin about?
oh dear

Terre Haute, IN

#77 Nov 22, 2009
Fun and Games wrote:
The proverbial shit is about to the fan! Grab a seat 'cause I think this is gonna be something to watch.
Still waiting
squirrel lip

Julian, PA

#78 Nov 22, 2009
I heard from the maintenance man at Garfield Towers that they have no idea when Jake's security is working there. Also they never enter the buildings, sit in their cars watching movies. The city cops still answer all of the calls there, so why are they there? Another waste of taxpayer's money!
Not quite all the facts

Terre Haute, IN

#79 Nov 23, 2009
I heard that Jakey's little security detail has THPD officers working as well as Deputies.

I also heard from some of the residents that they see the Deputies walk the halls and ride the elevators regularly. BUT never see a THPD officer get out of their car. Thats IF they even see a THPD car anywhere on the property. One resident went so far as to describe the deputy that helps him put jigsaw puzzles together.

I was also told that some off the Deputies have made arrests (plural) their. I don't know of any THPD officers that have.

It would seem that THPDs not holding up their end of the security detail.

“OPEN YOUR MIND”

Since: Oct 08

Terre Haute

#80 Nov 23, 2009
North Side Fat Man wrote:
Who Cares!
He can't drive them both at the same time!
lol

“OPEN YOUR MIND”

Terre Haute

#81 Nov 23, 2009
Sam Brown wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me guess--- you are a single mom, on food stamps, overweight, with a grand total of two teeth in your mouth...
Look, people, there are three kinds of people in this world - Only 3. There are sheep (most of you), who go through life going about their business, some complaining or whining, some being victims of crime. They accept their condition and plight in life. The second kind of person is the wolf. The wolf preys upon the sheep, taking advantage of every situation they can. These are your criminals, cheaters of society, folks who run scams - they're losers who want to take shortcuts in life. Then the third kind of person is the sheepdog, who protects all the sheep from the wolves. The sheep hate the sheepdogs until a crisis occurs, then they run to the sheepdog for protection. Cops are sheepdogs.
Well said,Sam. Unfortuantly most will not understand what you just said .:)

“OPEN YOUR MIND”

Terre Haute

#82 Nov 23, 2009
"unfortunately"...oo ops the grammer and spelling police might catch me if I don't correct myself

“OPEN YOUR MIND”

Terre Haute

#83 Nov 23, 2009
squirrel lip wrote:
I heard from the maintenance man at Garfield Towers that they have no idea when Jake's security is working there. Also they never enter the buildings, sit in their cars watching movies. The city cops still answer all of the calls there, so why are they there? Another waste of taxpayer's money!
You know if Garfield towers was still the place it was meant to be when it was built we wouldnt have to worrie about who is protecting it.Problem is there are to many waste of life living there getting their "goofy" checks every month because thery are to damn lazy to work and they spend their time cooking dope,stealing from those that HAVE worked all their lives,destroying what is not rightfully theirs and creating a nusiance.. Get a life, Get a job and be thankful your Mom and Dad arent living in those conditions...Thank you! to whoever is protecting Garfield Towers!
Waiting

Du Bois, PA

#84 Nov 24, 2009
oh dear wrote:
<quoted text>
Still waiting
Someone told me an investigator from the AG's office has been poking around and even taken some photos.
Not quite all the facts

Terre Haute, IN

#85 Nov 25, 2009
Waiting wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone told me an investigator from the AG's office has been poking around and even taken some photos.
It seems a little far fetched that a Deputy Sheriff having two dept. vehicles at his residence would be enough to stir up the Attorney General's Office, State or Federal. What would they be taking photos of?
It would seem to me that it would be sent back to local gov't to handle as a local gov't issue. Not exactly a state or federal level issue much less crime.
I agree it doesn't seem right for him to have two vehicles presumably for the purpose of working off duty. But if local gov't won't intercede and deal with the issue on their own, we tax payers/voters should start calling the Sheriff, County Council, and County Commissioners and letting them know how displeased we are about the situation.
Good Point

United States

#86 Nov 25, 2009
Not for sure, but I think the atty general is looking into the unlicensed security operation. The county commissioners would probably be the ones to deal with the dual vehicle issue.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terre Haute Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kasey phelps 11 min Rumor mill 3
Kenny Pitts sister being arrested? 16 min Rumor mill 38
Is Kenny Pitts a double murderer?! 32 min Rumor mill 18
Jail 39 min isu 14
Wear a smile today just because it feels good. 42 min Jake 8
City Of Terre Haute Sewage Billing (Jul '15) 1 hr Talking Heads 24
North' s athletic program 2 hr Doctor 5
News Vigo schools superintendent search down to fina... 3 hr crot 37
$173,000 for the first year... 11 hr No kidding 49
dannytanoos 17 hr Tom8542 51